New 007 car collection coming soon

Steve Rush DI5 AgentSteve Rush DI5 Agent Oxfordshire, Great BritainPosts: 59MI6 Agent
Hi everyone

I came across an advert on Ebay this evening for the following:

http://www.jamesbondcars.co.uk/index.htm

This is a partwork from the same company that gave us the 007 Spy Files in 2002. I haven't seen it advertised on TV yet, so it is probabaly just about to launch.

Nice dioramas.

Steve

Comments

• Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    Interesting find there Steve - it's certainly worth considering. It looks like there's 40 issues there and with the first one at £2.99 and rest at £7.99, that gives a total of £315.

I wonder what the collection will be worth complete ?:)

The main problem I have will be space.
  • S_P_E_C_T_R_ES_P_E_C_T_R_E Posts: 281MI6 Agent
    nice one, i need to move to a four bedroom, that or throw the kids out :D
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    Ooh- they're actually quite nice. Might have to grab the first few.

These partworks are often tested in a small local region- this may already be on release in a part of the country and will launch nationwide later.

Love the AVTAK taxi!
  • SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    Twelve different dioramas are already on sale on Ebay. The seller is mib-model from Germany. They're quite attractive pieces; the only problem I have is that I already own all of the Corgi's 1/43 scale replicas. I hate to rebuy them all over again just for the diorama. :(
    They're in the shops today! I have the DB5 sitting right next to me now!
    emtiem wrote:
    They're in the shops today! I have the DB5 sitting right next to me now!

i-ho i-ho its off to W.H.Smith's we go :))
    edited January 2007
    Coming up is the Vanquish, Lotus sub (which looks great in its setting!), Citroen 2CV, BMW Z8 (with buzz saw!), Lotus Turbo, Ferrari 355, Mustang Mach 1, Jaguar XKR, Toyota 2000GT, BMW Z3, and Aston Martin V8. I really want to see the V8- sounds good.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    These were originally offered in France last year by Norev; they recently started re-issuing them with more models added and looks like they've expanded distribution to the UK (with the magazine now in English).

I have five or six of the original series which have been available on eBay through several dealers. The earlier models are really great--along the lines of MiniChamps--but some of the later editions (Z8, Toyota) aren't as well finished.

The magazine itself is also very good, similar to the 007 Files from a few years back ... except the ones I've been able to get are all in French and I haven't been able to get one for each model (some of the dealers re-selling the cars aren't bothering to include the magazine).

I'm going to try contacting www.jamesbondcars.co.uk (a website with no eddress given ... when is the UK finally going to get completey wired?!) but it doesn't appear I can subscribe from the US. Anyone willing to get an account for me and ship them over? ;)
  • stumac7stumac7 ScotlandPosts: 295MI6 Agent
    Any ideas of which stores will be selling this magazine? Tesco's??
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I've seen three ads on TV this evening for this series.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    I'm going to try contacting www.jamesbondcars.co.uk (a website with no eddress given ... when is the UK finally going to get completey wired?!)

I'm not sure what you're saying- what are you after?
    stumac7 wrote:
    Any ideas of which stores will be selling this magazine? Tesco's??

I got mine from Smith's.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    Nice set!

Will this simply go through each car from each film?

These look like the standard Corgi cars....still worth considering buying this! :)
  • GyrojetGyrojet Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    The cars are nt Corgi,they re specially made and really quite superb:)

I was delighted to find this mag in a newsagents in Watford today!I assumed it had been test marketed in the North and failed..as so many do.Especially given the gap between CRs release and this.Happy to be wrong.
    Maybe a little perverse but i think my favourite is going to be the Renault 11 diorama.I owned a similar model a few years back,but i just like the style.Wish Corgi had done something like this!
    emtiem wrote:

They have a website but don't offer eMail contact (yet require yours to subscribe!). This is the age of the Internet; the two go hand-in-hand.
    Gyrojet wrote:
    I was delighted to find this mag in a newsagents in Watford today!I assumed it had been test marketed in the North and failed..as so many do.

Since I acquired mine on the afer-market, I'm not quite up to speed on these, but I was under the impression that the cars and the magazine were sold as a unit by newsagents, that when you bought one you also bought the other (at least that's how I'm told it worked in France).

The website seems a little vague; they tout a "subscription" which is the norm for a publication but I still assume you're getting a model with each issue. £7.99 is awfully steep for just a magazine (though similarly too low for for models of this calibre).
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    I saw the adverts for this on terestrial tv last night.
    I'll be off to WHSmith's this afternoon :p
    Yes,sold as one unit is right.A large sheet of card with a magazine tucked in and the car attached.First issue is £2.99,subsequent issues £7.99.Published fortnightly.Subscribe,and you ll get the other goodies as well,Little Nellie(which does nt appear to be in a diorama)the Russian Tank from "Goldeneye" and the Renault 11,or whats left of it,climbing the steps.
    I m not usually a great fan of partworks,i saw one a couple of years ago that supposedly went on to make a complete 1/12 scale model of a 1961 Jaguar E-Type(or XKE for our American readers).One of my favourite cars of all time,how could i resist?You got a steering wheel,a bumper and a couple of nuts and bolts one week, cylinder head the next,you get the idea.Sadly,it finished after a fortnight,not enough people bought it.

But that idea executed with the DB5 could be worth doing...
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

They have a website but don't offer eMail contact (yet require yours to subscribe!). This is the age of the Internet; the two go hand-in-hand.

Oh right. Not really- they don't want loads of random emails. No need to accuse an entire country of being behind the times because of that.
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Gyrojet wrote:
    I was delighted to find this mag in a newsagents in Watford today!I assumed it had been test marketed in the North and failed..as so many do.

Since I acquired mine on the afer-market, I'm not quite up to speed on these, but I was under the impression that the cars and the magazine were sold as a unit by newsagents, that when you bought one you also bought the other (at least that's how I'm told it worked in France).

Yes; that's right. What Gyro means is that these magazines often get a regional test launch and then a nationwide launch if it works.
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    The website seems a little vague; they tout a "subscription" which is the norm for a publication but I still assume you're getting a model with each issue. £7.99 is awfully steep for just a magazine (though similarly too low for for models of this calibre).

It's not vague- it's exactly as you say. You get a model for £7.99 with a magazine attached.
    Gyrojet wrote:
    I m not usually a great fan of partworks,i saw one a couple of years ago that supposedly went on to make a complete 1/12 scale model of a 1961 Jaguar E-Type(or XKE for our American readers).One of my favourite cars of all time,how could i resist?You got a steering wheel,a bumper and a couple of nuts and bolts one week, cylinder head the next,you get the idea.Sadly,it finished after a fortnight,not enough people bought it.

Bear in mind partworks often work by attracting people in shops with the first few issues and then go subscription-only; there's a good chance this will disappear from shops after the first few issues but subscribers will still receive it.
    Got mine just now! I think for £2.99, it's a bargain. The model looks quite well made, and the display box with the 3-D design really makes it.

I'm going to subscribe {[]
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Please someone help clarify the process for me; how do I get the GE tank?
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    you have to subscribe.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    you have to subscribe.

Just tried to, but the subscription form only allows for UK and Ireland residents. I'd think that subscription for US residents would cost more due to postage.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    edited January 2007
    if your just after the GE tank, theres a couple of sellers on ebay selling them, come to think of it, theres a couple of sellers already selling the UK version magazine, complete with the model, might be worth checking them out if your unable to set up a subscription with the publishers {[]

http://search.ebay.co.uk/bond-car-collection_W0QQfromZR40QQssPageNameZRC0023
  • kees007kees007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    superado wrote:
    you have to subscribe.

Just tried to, but the subscription form only allows for UK and Ireland residents. I'd think that subscription for US residents would cost more due to postage.

I stayed up till 4 AM this morning to be able to get in touch with them. This is the deal. They don't market at all to the USA. The only way, you can do this according to them is to have a contact person in the UK, that will be happy to send it to you. They said that we in the USA have to contact our own USA firm, that will distribute them in order to get them, if we want to subscribe ourselves. They did not know which American firm distributes them. They won't send it to the Netherlands or other European countries either. So, it has to be the UK.

I also checked. You basically subscribe to a magazine and the magazine comes with a car.

Kees
    Kees,sorry to hear you sat up till 4 just to make that call.I salute your dedication Sir!!{[]

I thought these days we all lived in one big "global" village??BS!

I ve got the same problem at the moment with Hot Wheels.I desperately want to join their "Red-Line Club",which is taking renewals next week,but they insist on a US address.I know they cve alreaduy got plenty but it s almost as if these companies do nt want our money.
    Well,i ll help someone with a subscription if i can,any of my fellow Bond fans this side of the pond prepared to step up to the mark?
    edited January 2007
    There's going to be 40 issues of this magazine - personally, I'm hard pushed to think of 40 Bond vehicles worth making models out of - anyone know exactly what's going to be done? I know of the first 10 obviously, but will Little Nellie, the tank and the Renault be available in an issue, or only if you subscribe.

Anyone got any ideas?