New 007 car collection coming soon

Comments

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    There's going to be 40 issues of this magazine - personally, I'm hard pushed to think of 40 Bond vehicles worth making models out of - anyone know exactly what's going to be done? I know of the first 10 obviously, but will Little Nellie, the tank and the Renault be available in an issue, or only if you subscribe.

Anyone got any ideas?

I hope that they do what Corgi hasn't done yet, like the SPECTRE Bell 47 choppers in YOLT (which they've done several times over in military and police livery), the Disco Volante, Fiona's BSA and other TB vehicles or even the Q-boat that Kyosho's done in 1/72nd scale. Basically, I hope to see things that's been on everyone else's wish list. There's the Alfa GTV in OP, the Triumph Stag in DAF...
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    try this link for the complete range,some unusual and some very good choices

http://cp43.over-blog.com/categorie-690511.html
    sniperUK wrote:
    try this link for the complete range,some unusual and some very good choices

http://cp43.over-blog.com/categorie-690511.html

Thankyouverymuch...wow, as best as I can fill in the blanks in French, Bentleys from CR (67) and FRWL! DAD Hovercraft! Cougar and AM DBS from OHMSS! I need to move to France!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • kees007kees007 Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Gyrojet wrote:
    Kees,sorry to hear you sat up till 4 just to make that call.I salute your dedication Sir!!{[]

I thought these days we all lived in one big "global" village??BS!

I ve got the same problem at the moment with Hot Wheels.I desperately want to join their "Red-Line Club",which is taking renewals next week,but they insist on a US address.I know they cve alreaduy got plenty but it s almost as if these companies do nt want our money.
    Well,i ll help someone with a subscription if i can,any of my fellow Bond fans this side of the pond prepared to step up to the mark?

Hi, Neil,

Maybe we can work something out, why don't you drop me a line at: keesboer@bondgirlsofcolor.com

Kees
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    superado wrote:
    Thankyouverymuch...wow, as best as I can fill in the blanks in French, Bentleys from CR (67) and FRWL! DAD Hovercraft! Cougar and AM DBS from OHMSS! I need to move to France!

My french is not sophisticated, but for the second part of the list, the author mentions, what eventually (peut-etre) could be, so, that is not a confirmation, what WILL be done.

Greetings

Markus
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • secretagent007secretagent007 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    hey there,

I'm in Canada and I would like to subscribe and get the free the free gifts can you help me?

many thanks

Jeffrey
    hey there,

I'm in Canada and I would like to subscribe and get the free the free gifts can you help me?

many thanks

Jeffrey

Hi, Jeffrey,

Isn't Canada officially part of the UK?

I don't kwow if you ever watched DOC or Sue Thomas FBEye, but I've worked with a lot of the cast of those two shows. They were made in Canada.

Kees
    kees007 wrote:
    hey there,

many thanks

Jeffrey

Hi, Jeffrey,

I don't kwow if you ever watched DOC or Sue Thomas FBEye, but I've worked with a lot of the cast of those two shows. They were made in Canada.

Kees

thats a good point...I guess techincally we are hmm i should try and see fi they will ship to Canada, if not I guess it's eBay.

Side note...You've really worked with those cast...I would love to get into TV production and make shows like Sue Thomas, that would be awesome!

Cool and thanks!

Jeffrey
  • Iain1107Iain1107 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    I've tried every shop and newsagents in the North West other than WHSmiths to no avail, so i'll try them tomorrow. If not, i'll have subscribe and Little Nelly with them :)

{[]
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited January 2007
    WHSmiths near me has about a squillion of them, no space in the shop for anything else, just columns of boxes piled up. I should think you will see them in your branch pretty soon. Never been a toy collector, but these little dioramas are excellent quality and look nice. The little Bond figure is cool with his arm resting on the door driving casually, great touch Might have to buy one.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    edited January 2007
    kees007 wrote:
    hey there,

many thanks

Jeffrey

Hi, Jeffrey,

Kees

thats a good point...I guess techincally we are hmm i should try and see fi they will ship to Canada, if not I guess it's eBay.

Side note...You've really worked with those cast...I would love to get into TV production and make shows like Sue Thomas, that would be awesome!

Cool and thanks!

Jeffrey

Yes, as a matter of fact, I think the whole lip reading idea would be great in a Bond film too.

You probably know but the Sue Thomas FBEye show is based on a real deaf lady named Sue Thomas, who worked for the FBI and could read lips and they were able to use her, since she could sit at quite a distance and read the lips of the bad guys.

You might enjoy my DOC Sue Thomas FBEye website. http://www.docstfbeye.com

That all is on quite a side note. I will say that I got into those two shows, because of James Bond. After, I interviewed Pierce Brosnan, his publicist asked me if I could interview one of her other clients, Andrea Robinson of DOC. Later I found out, that Andrea had auditioned for the role of Electra on TWINE.

Kees
    kees007 wrote:
    kees007 wrote:

So based on our conversations, you know the Bond producers!? Thats awesome, hey if you ever meet up with them tell them I would love to join the Bond team! Thats awesome you know all this stuff and all these people, the closest I come to something Bond related is I was born in the same city as the orginal Ms. Moneypenny. But yeah to be on the Bond team would be awesome...maybe oneday I can live the ultimate Bond fan's dream and carry on the Harry Saltzman Legacy.

Jeffrey

Hi, Jeffrey,

Kees

Cool and thanks!

Jeffrey

Yes, as a matter of fact, I think the whole lip reading idea would be great in a Bond film too.

You probably know but the Sue Thomas FBEye show is based on a real deaf lady named Sue Thomas, who worked for the FBI and could read lips and they were able to use her, since she could sit at quite a distance and read the lips of the bad guys.

That all is on quite a side note. I will say that I got into those two shows, because of James Bond. After, I interviewed Pierce Brosnan, his publicist asked me if I could interview one of her other clients, Andrea Robinson of DOC. Later I found out, that Andrea had auditioned for the role of Electra on TWINE.

Kees
    kees007 wrote:

Cool and thanks!

Jeffrey

Kees

So based on our conversations, you know the Bond producers!? Thats awesome, hey if you ever meet up with them could you put in a good word for me to join the production crew?
    (I can't say I didn't try)

Thats awesome you know all this stuff and all these people, the closest I come to something Bond related is I was born in the same city as the orginal Ms. Moneypenny. But yeah to be on the Bond team would be awesome...maybe oneday I can live the ultimate Bond fan's dream as oneday producer

Jeffrey
  • Iain1107Iain1107 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    Got mine from Smiths today, took forever to find it, stuck to one side.

Think the quality is suberb, the missus is gertting a bigger bookcase to accomodate for it, the other 39 and probably Little Nellie when I subscribe:p

:))
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Picked mine up from smiths. There was a huge gap on the wall with only 2 left. Must be popular. Even saw 2 people buying them at same time as me.
  • ohm5sohm5s Posts: 52MI6 Agent
    I'm up to issue 7 of the UK James Bond Cars magazine and they are definately worth getting - no question. The magazine is nothing to get excited about but the quality of the cars for eight quid is spectacular. These were launched in France about 12 months ago and the models were made by Norev. The UK models are made by Universal Hobbies and are far superior. Simple way to distinguish packaging is black card base Norev and white card base Universal. Not sure of the ultimate value issue on these but 40 great vehicles at £8 each is a bargain and will make a great display. Some of them might even go up in value.
  • ToshTogoToshTogo Rep. of South AfricaPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    Im so envious of you guys based in the UK, that Bond car series would never be launched here in South Africa, ;(
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,733MI6 Agent
    ohm5s wrote:
    I'm up to issue 7 of the UK James Bond Cars magazine

Was that a regional test? What have you got so far? You may find it's now reverted back to issue 1.
  • Back to basics BondBack to basics Bond Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    I'm pretty sure that the inside cover of the magazine gives details on obtaining copies in South Africa. I will check and let you have the details.
    edited January 2007
    For South Africa

Phone (011) 265 4308

Write to: The James Bond Car Collection,
    Private Bag 9, Centurion, 0046

There are phone numbers and address' for Australia and New Zealand if anyone is interested.
    s96024 wrote:
    For South Africa

Phone (011) 265 4308

There are phone numbers and address' for Australia and New Zealand if anyone is interested.

I don't know where you saw that, but did they have a phonenumber for the USA?

Kees
    kees007 wrote:
    s96024 wrote:
    For South Africa

Phone (011) 265 4308

Kees

It's on the inside cover of the magazine as back to basics bond said.

It only includes numbers and address' for South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. I'm afraid I can't see any details for American customers.
  • ToshTogoToshTogo Rep. of South AfricaPosts: 103MI6 Agent
    kees007 wrote:
    s96024 wrote:
    For South Africa

Phone (011) 265 4308

Kees
    WA WA wee WO, Thanks very much ill give 'em a call, so far nothing has been advertised in this country, When the spy files came out it didnt come to RSA.
    Has anyone subscribed to this. I am not sure whether to subscribe or just pick up the issues as and when they are realeased.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,448Chief of Staff
    s96024 wrote:
    Has anyone subscribed to this. I am not sure whether to subscribe or just pick up the issues as and when they are realeased.

I haven't subscribed. I bought the first one (and excellent it is too, although it won't be replacing my original Corgi model, still in its box!) but am not sure if I'll be buying them all- space reasons!
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Stateside collectors:

Have been researching these a bit more over the past week and have a brief update. The current license extends only to the UK plus Australia, South Africa, etc. so, as of right now, they cannot be distributed in the U.S. I have contacted a couple of dealers who could possibly import them as sets (that is, not "part works")--which would probably mean models only, no magazine--subject to EON's okay. Will keep you posted.
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Stateside collectors:

Have been researching these a bit more over the past week and have a brief update. The current license extends only to the UK plus Australia, South Africa, etc. so, as of right now, they cannot be distributed in the U.S. I have contacted a couple of dealers who could possibly import them as sets (that is, not "part works")--which would probably mean models only, no magazine--subject to EON's okay. Will keep you posted.

Thanks Alan, I appreciate that a lot.
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Stateside collectors:

Thanks, Alan,

I just ordered the Aston Martin through eBay. Hopefully, it won't be disappointing!

Kees
    I'm sure they will all turn up on ebay. Yet to see how overpriced they are going to be.
    s96024 wrote:
    I'm sure they will all turn up on ebay. Yet to see how overpriced they are going to be.

I paid 27 Pounds shipped for the tank, but that's pretty much the going rate for diecast tanks in that scale. I just feel bad that it came free for early subscribers.