New 007 car collection coming soon

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    I'm thinking of subscribing. Do you still get the 3 free ones with the subscription. I noticed it said while stocks last.
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    Picked up the 2nd in the series today with the AM Vanquish. As with the DB5, I'm very impressed with the model itself and the 3-D background. Read the magazine whilst having lunch and there's some good behind-the-scenes stories/pictures from the ice chase scene with Bond and Zao.

Oh, it also comes with a free cardbord magazine case for storing the magazines.

For those who haven't considered them yet, I think they're well worth the money.
  • S_P_E_C_T_R_ES_P_E_C_T_R_E Posts: 281MI6 Agent
    s96024 wrote:
    I'm thinking of subscribing. Do you still get the 3 free ones with the subscription. I noticed it said while stocks last.

fingers crossed :)
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    I just received my GE tank from France. I have mixed feelings about it. The details are great considering its scale and how it captured the particular configuration of the movie version. However, the metal used is very minimal, lacking the heft of typical tank models of this scale (I have a Polistil T-62 that I had hoped to convert to a GE T-55). Unlike the other vehicles of this series, a Bond figure in the driver's hatch would have been a nice touch, which is sorely missing. Also, the packaging was non-descript, which was a cardback on the bottom with the formed plastic over the tank. The net effect, however, is that I'm pretty glad with this model because of the visual accuracy.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    Just picked up the Lotus from TSWLM, which looks as good quality as the first two.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,733MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    Just picked up the Lotus from TSWLM, which looks as good quality as the first two.

Ooh- is that out in the shops? That's the one I really want. Didn't think it'd be out this early.
    Need to pick up the second one. Third one probably due out soon. Don't want to miss it.
    The Vanquish (which ws the 2nd) has already been withdrawn from my local WHSmiths - apparently, at the time the next one is delivered, all the unsold ones from the previous fortnight are sent back to the manufacturer.

You'd better hurry then!
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    I've subscribed - but haven't received issue 3 - Lotus Esprit
    Has anyone been sent issue 3?
    One explanation could be that they are sending them in pairs, and so I won't receive issue 3 until issue 4 is released!?
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
    I think subscribers have to wait up to 28 days for delivery, according to the leaflet I've got.
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    I see - so 40 issues could drag over the whole year, if not longer! I was wondering what others thought of the magazines? Obviously we're basically paying for the models as the magazines are very thin on material. Then again as a Bond fanatic it's not surprising the magazine information is nothing new, as there written for people with limited knowledge.
  • I haven't received issue 3 either. I called the subscription number a couple of days ago and was told that I had to wait until 27 February. I pointed out that issue 3 had been in the shops for over a week but it did no good. I was told that things would catch up by issue 5. It is very frustrating though.
    edited February 2007
    I decided not to subscribe for that very reason.

I've now found the french site which started it all, if anyone's interested. It still only gives details of the first 10 cars.

http://www.macollection.fr/minisite/bond/index.htm

I can't wait for the DBS from CR to be released!
    If it's 40 issues. One every fortnight it will take well over a year. Almost 2! I've missed number 2 and when I went to get 3 it had sold out at smiths. Don't want to subscribe but it may be easier.
  • Steve Rush DI5 AgentSteve Rush DI5 Agent Oxfordshire, Great BritainPosts: 59MI6 Agent
    The 007 Spy Files, which the same company, GE Fabbri (The Database Factory in this country), started in January 2002 ran for 30 issues and that lasted for just over a year.

I have subscribed and also still haven't received my first package. Luckily I made a protective purchase and bought the Vanquish from my local Smiths when it came out. But if we have to wait 28 days for delivery then that's something, I guess.

Have faith, though. When the 007 Spy Files came out I never received the first mailing of issues 1 and 2. After ringing the publisher I actually ended up receiving a couple of extra mailings of issues 1 and 2. This was handy because it meant that I also ended up with some extra tins, which enabled me to collect 2 sets of the trading cards.

SR
    Just signed up. Decided it would be easier.
  • batester2005batester2005 Dudley, West Mids, UKPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    the quality of the collection is unbelievable. if you subscribe to the collection, do you get issues before they come out in the shops? p.s as a new member of this site, i would like to say hi to you all.
    Unfortunately not - you seem to get them long after (have a read through this thread and you'll get the general idea!)
    so how do these people on ebay get hold of them?-{
    Dont forget that we're not the first country to get them - at least FRance and Germany have had them already.
    but germany and france had black cardboard package bases, the ones on ebay have white bases like we get over here. Also i just thort i open this up, which car are you most looking forward to get in the collection.
  • Has anyone subscribing received issue 3 yet? I was promised that it would arrive yesterday but still nothing.....
    i received issue two yesterday, along with little nellie and a card folder/box for the mags, no issue three though but i hear there quite a bit behind.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited February 2007
    but germany and france had black cardboard package bases, the ones on ebay have white bases like we get over here. Also i just thort i open this up, which car are you most looking forward to get in the collection.

We did not get these in Germany so far. France had a white cardboard. What you see on my webpage are test-run items which have the black cardboard, the diorama and models are better than the usual items.

Greetings

Markus
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I received my Issue 3 today (Feb 28th) along with the Renault 11 Taxi from A View To A Kill, was disappointed to discover my Lotus Esprit case had a crack in it though!!
    Bondtoys wrote:

We did not get these in Germany so far. France had a white cardboard. What you see on my webpage are test-run items which have the black cardboard, the diorama and models are better than the usual items.

Greetings

Markus

hmmmmm not good, send it back. did yours turn up in no more than a plastic bag ????
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    sorry, I don't understand....
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    sorry, meant to quote seanconnery007 about the crack in his box ;%
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    My Issue 3/Lotus/Renault 11 turned up yesterday as well.

Thge magazine looked like it had been chewed by a dog and the Renualt perspex box has a crack in it.X-(

I really think their packaging needs to be better than a grey plastic bag.

Duncan
    LOO7K OUT wrote:
    My Issue 3/Lotus/Renault 11 turned up yesterday as well.

Thge magazine looked like it had been chewed by a dog and the Renualt perspex box has a crack in it.X-(

I really think their packaging needs to be better than a grey plastic bag.

Duncan

I had the same problem - a cracked case and as you put it a dog chewed magazine! A wafer thin plastic bag is not enough to safe guard the goods - especially if Royale Mail are delivering it.