1)From Russia With Love [104]-
    2)On Her Majesty's Secret Service [6]+
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    1)From Russia With Love [103]-
    2)On Her Majesty's Secret Service [7]+
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    1)From Russia With Love [104]+
    2)On Her Majesty's Secret Service [6] -

Come on all you OHMSS fans accept the inevitable and let your film bow out graciously.
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    s96024 wrote:
    Come on all you OHMSS fans accept the inevitable and let your film bow out graciously.
    OK, you talked me into it. 8-)
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    1)From Russia With Love [104]+1= 105
    2)On Her Majesty's Secret Service [6]-1= 5
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,839MI6 Agent
    1)From Russia With Love [105]+1= 106
    2)On Her Majesty's Secret Service [5]-1= 4
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,685Chief of Staff
    1) From Russia With Love -[105]
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service +[5]
    YNWA 97
  • Lazenby880Lazenby880 LondonPosts: 525MI6 Agent
    1) From Russia With Love [105] - 1 = [104]
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service [5] + 1 = [6]
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    s96024 wrote:
    1)From Russia With Love [104]+
    2)On Her Majesty's Secret Service [6] -

As long as AVTAK is amazing, OHMSS will not leave the game.
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    1) From Russia With Love 104 + 1 = [105]
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service 6 - 1 = [5]
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    As long as AVTAK is amazing, OHMSS will not leave the game.
    If that's the case, then OHMSS should never have even joined the game. :p :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    1) From Russia With Love 104 (-)
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service 6 (+)
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    It would be kinda funny to see OHMSS make a comeback and win the game :))
  • Harry PalmerHarry Palmer Somewhere in the past ...Posts: 325MI6 Agent
    1) From Russia With Love 104+1 = [105]
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service 6-1 = [5]
    1. Cr, 2. Ltk, 3. Tld, 4. Qs, 5. Ohmss, 6. Twine, 7. Tnd, 8. Tswlm, 9. Frwl, 10. Tb, 11. Ge, 12. Gf, 13. Dn, 14. Mr, 15. Op, 16. Yolt, 17. Sf, 18. Daf, 19. Avtak, 20. Sp, 21. Fyeo, 22. Dad, 23. Lald, 24. Tmwtgg
  • Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    1) From Russia With Love [105]+1 =106
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service [5]-1 =4
    edited May 2007
    This is the first time that I have actually voted today (it's 2:00 am Melbourne time.)

1) From Russia With Love [106]+1= 107
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service [4]-1= 3
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    1) From Russia With Love [107]+1= 108
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service [3]-1= 2
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    RJJB wrote:
    1) From Russia With Love [107]+1= 108
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service [3]-1= 2

:'(
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    1) From Russia With Love [108] - 1 = 107
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service [2] + 1 = [3]

You people make me sick. I used to like this site, but now - I feel like I don't know you. We've been together for five years, and suddenly, you pull this out of the hat, this dirty little secret. I've tried to suppress it - tried to stay away, ignore the damage you were wreaking across this site - but I can remain silent no longer. I feel betrayed and hurt and more than a little nauseated. You people. Honestly. You actually think Daniela Bianchi is better than Diana Rigg? That Matt Monro is better than Louis Armstrong? That "luring Bond to his death" is a better plot than "hypnotised babes from around the world poison livestock because of instructions coming to them through their secret compact transmitters, while Bond marries a gangster's daughter - no, for love"? You people are imbeciles, and I fart in your general direction. Democracy is for fools, and the sooner I establish that dictatorship and force you to bend to my will the better. This site is dead to me. DEAD.

X-(
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure who gets the award for overwrought histrionics--JFF or Jetsetwilly. Myabe if we start them each with five points and people can choose their favorite and least favorite every day...
    jetsetwilly! Aren't you a sight for sore eyes. Now, if we can only coax blueman, stumac, DAWUSS, solaris and a few others out of retirement (and if, by chance, one or two of the others see the light), and if we all keep at this, we might actually be able to pull this off. Don't give up yet people!!!
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    You actually think Daniela Bianchi is better than Diana Rigg? That Matt Monro is better than Louis Armstrong? That "luring Bond to his death" is a better plot than "hypnotised babes from around the world poison livestock because of instructions coming to them through their secret compact transmitters, while Bond marries a gangster's daughter - no, for love"?

Jetset: "Impossible, it (OHMSS) was perfect."

Tee Hee: "But you're forgetting one thing, you were dealing with Sean Connery."

:D

Come now Jetset, second place is still quite an honor. Good show OHMSS! {[]
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    I agree with jetset! For once we're on the same page!
  • jetsetwillyjetsetwilly Liverpool, UKPosts: 1,048MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Jetset, second place is still quite an honor. Good show OHMSS! {[]

Don't patronise me with your pavillion applause. Second place is first loser!
    Founder of the Wint & Kidd Appreciation Society.

@merseytart
  • Son Of BarbelSon Of Barbel Posts: 227MI6 Agent
    1) From Russia With Love [107]+1=[108]
    2) On Her Majesty's Secret Service [3]-1=[2]
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,499Chief of Staff
    Thanks, Son, now you go to bed.

OHMSS is a great film, as I've said before. And Louis Armstrong knocks spots off Matt Monro and 99% off all musicians, Bond-related or otherwise (well, maybe not John Barry or Paul McCartney, both of whom need no defending here or anywhere else). BUT, in all honesty a Connery Bond film needs to win this poll. My preference (and I speak for my son as well) goes for GF or TB, but FRWL will do very well as the quintessential James Bond film.
    Barbel wrote:
    BUT, in all honesty a Connery Bond film needs to win this poll.

I strongly disagree. Don't get me wrong-- Connery is far and away my favorite Bond (the only one who has even ever come close imho is Craig)-- but the purpose of this poll is not to defend the best Bond, but rather the best Bond film which, to many of us (myself included) is OHMSS.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,499Chief of Staff
    Lazenby wrote:
    Don't get me wrong-- Connery is far and away my favorite Bond (the only one who has even ever come close imho is Craig)-- but the purpose of this poll is not to defend the best Bond, but rather the best Bond film which, to many of us (myself included) is OHMSS.

I'm arguing from the POV of a long- let me stress long- time James Bond fan, who read the books before seeing any of the films. I fell in love with the books first, and then the music, and then the films. This all happened to me in the sixties (to rip off Stephen King, the sixties may seem like fiction but they actually happened) and no doubt shaped my character and my viewpoint.
    We are voting for the best James Bond film, undoubtedly. That is obviously a purely subjective subject, and a lot depends on when one was born and how one was introduced to the films. For me personally, Sean Connery's cinematic image synchronised sufficiently with what I had read to cement his iconic status. His dry delivery of lines and his clear resemblance to the fictional character of 007, celebrated in the popular press of the time and untarnished by age, pulls his interpretation of James Bond through the decades as the standard all of his followers must be aware of, whether to contrast with (as most obviously with Moore) or adhere to.
    Once again, I state my admiration and (let's be honest) LOVE for OHMSS; a truly magnificent film, let alone a magnificent Bond film, whose praises need no further elaboration at this point.
    To support my argument, my son (born in the nineties while I was born in the fifties) concurs that Sean Connery is the definitive James Bond.
    OHMSS is a superb film. Period. George Lazenby is a good Bond, John Barry's score is superlative (I could elaborate on that, but don't get me started), Peter Hunt's direction is wonderful....
    BUT in FRWL Terence Young knew exactly what he was doing, John Barry (as ever) provided exactly the right score, the cast did exactly what they should have done and mirrored Fleming's prose just that bit more convincingly...