Elimination Game

1626364656668»

Comments

• Moore Not LessMoore Not Less Posts: 1,095MI6 Agent
    Perhaps the same script, delivered by a reinvigorated Connery, would have been just the ticket. I've always just imagined that, with Connery aboard, Eon would have been less motivated to 'push the envelope,' as they ultimately did with Lazenby.

Fair comment. With Connery aboard there may well have been an element of complacency within the ranks of Eon. With Lazenby aboard they knew they had to raise their game to make up for Connery's absence.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Yeah, OHMSS with Connery would've been a vastly different film. I like it as is.
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    blueman wrote:
    Yeah, OHMSS with Connery would've been a vastly different film. I like it as is.

Same. To be honest, only a DN-TB era Connery, or perhaps Daniel Craig, could have matched or topped Lazenby in that film. OHMSS is one of only 6 or so Bond films that I consider to be absolutely perfect as is. In fact, I'm going to go watch it right now. :D
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    After the villain elimination game is over, (which will be a while yet anyway!), do you think it's worth me doing an elimination game for the Bond films, with my method, which is different to the method this game had? It would take a lot quicker and I'm sure the results would be different.

Anyone in favour of that?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    After the villain elimination game is over, (which will be a while yet anyway!), do you think it's worth me doing an elimination game for the Bond films, with my method, which is different to the method this game had? It would take a lot quicker and I'm sure the results would be different.

Anyone in favour of that?
    Please no. :# Elimination games take such a long time. Could we either take a break from elimination games, or do one on the actors?
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    The actors as in the ones who played Bond?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Jarvio wrote:
    The actors as in the ones who played Bond?
    Exactly. We could do it where an actor needs to be left over more than once, in order to be eliminated. For example, the bottom ranked actor has a point awarded against them, and once they reach a certain number of points, each actor is eliminated.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'll see what others say closer to the time. But as I said, the villain game wont be over for quite some time yet anyway.

• LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Yeah, that's not a bad idea. I'll see what others say closer to the time. But as I said, the villain game wont be over for quite some time yet anyway.

If another game gets done there should be some discussion RE its execution. I, for one, much prefer the style of game we played with the movies than the one that is presently going on with the villains.