James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• LegomanLegoman PerthPosts: 89MI6 Agent
    antimon61 wrote:
    Also interesting a self-made Diorama of little Nellie created by a german collector.
    Look:
    Little Nellie

That is GOLD! I wanna contact that dude to see if he'll make me one!
    Can someone please explain to me why the Aston Martin DBV8 Vantage from The Living Daylights has a headrest on the drivers seat behind James Bond's head but no headrest on the passenger seat behind Maryam d'Abo's head?
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    Legoman wrote:
    antimon61 wrote:
    Also interesting a self-made Diorama of little Nellie created by a german collector.
    Look:
    Little Nellie

That is GOLD! I wanna contact that dude to see if he'll make me one!

That is great, using the Die Another Day base.
    As for the head rest in TLD I dont know, Its there in the film, perhaps its a error or mistake
    The Australian distributor of this series has heard nothing of the rumour to extend the series to 55 issues.

Has anyone got the eBay photo from MIB-Model or FrenchDieCast of issue 16 (the TSWLM Lotus Esprit on land)? I'm missing that one and would appreciate a copy if anyone has it.
  • qbviqbvi AustraliaPosts: 254MI6 Agent
    Legoman wrote:
    The Australian distributor of this series has heard nothing of the rumour to extend the series to 55 issues.

Has anyone got the eBay photo from MIB-Model or FrenchDieCast of issue 16 (the TSWLM Lotus Esprit on land)? I'm missing that one and would appreciate a copy if anyone has it.

hi legoman
    i am in sydney and have got tswlm lotus on land. i can see if my newsagent still has it. do you want the whole car/mag. send me a pm and i will see what i can do at cost plus postage to perth. best
    A Whisper of Love, A Whisper of Hate
    Thanks, but you misunderstand. I have the model. All I'm after is the photo taken of it and used in the eBay ads for the guy in Europe who is selling them. I'm collecting the photos too. They are very well done and quite high quality. Here's an example.
    008ar9.th.jpg
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited March 2008
    As I may have told you, the collection is also available in Germany.

They started a test run beginning April 2007, and I have been one of the first subscribers there.
    Suddenly after 6 issues, they released, that this has been a test run, which has been sucessfully, and, that they will be starting in 2008 with a normal run beginning with issue #1 again.

Today, I have received issue #7 with a kind letter telling me, that this is absolutely free of charge for my patience in this and the collection will be continued with #8 and #9 soon.

Very nice! {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • KissyLoverKissyLover AustraliaPosts: 139MI6 Agent
    ohmss1969 wrote:
    I pray to the all mighty Crom : Gimme Zorins airship & Largos yacht :D

It'd be dumb not to release other vehicles as well...wouldn't mind a YOLT volcano either...hell yeah {[]

These would be GREAT :)...the Dragon Tank from DrNo would also be a sweeeeet addition to the collection. :007)
  • batester2005batester2005 Dudley, West Mids, UKPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    are we ever gonna get issue 30 and 31. takin there bloody time ay they? X-( -{
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    Picked up my moon buggy with issue 31 yesterday and it looks fab - one of my favourites to date, no question.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent

Yes they am. Baytin a jed oss dow yow think :D
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    I recall reading somewhere that they are having to source bigger boxes for subscribers because of the Moon Buggys size. Newsagents don't have the same problem.
  • batester2005batester2005 Dudley, West Mids, UKPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

yo'm clever ay yo mon. i ay gorra clue wher yo'm from so i cor slang yo'r accent con i?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

yo'm clever ay yo mon. i ay gorra clue wher yo'm from so i cor slang yo'r accent con i?

Stourton, originally London {[]
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    ANY ONE HAD ISSUE 30/31 THROUGH THE MAIL YET
    Not through the mail, but collected for my local WHSmiths (as a subscriber there).
    Just check how cool this one is
    http://bondaholic.co.uk/cms_view_article.php?aid=57

Great Car
    Gifts will get a higher price on ebay now
    http://jamesbondcars.co.uk/subscribe.htm
    OUT OF STOCK !
  • DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    ANSWER TO MY OWN QUESTION, MINE HAVE ARRIVED THROUGH THE POST TODAY, ALTHOUGH CANT BELIEVE THEY HAD ALL THAT PACKAGING TROUBLE OVER A HALF INCH EXTRA OF PLASTIC. 32 AND 33 SOON PLEASE
    I can't tell you how much I wish the BMW E28 police cars from Octopussy were part of the collection. I'm a big E28 fan, so that would be my favourite if it were there.
    I've just checked out the link in the 2nd page of this thread, which lists the models, and note that a few are out of the order stated. I also see that the Land/Range Rover from TND which there is a link to above is not on the list at all.

Does anyone know exactly what 40 we are getting in the UK?
    I've just checked out the link in the 2nd page of this thread, which lists the models, and note that a few are out of the order stated. I also see that the Land/Range Rover from TND which there is a link to above is not on the list at all.

Does anyone know exactly what 40 we are getting in the UK?
    I have try contacting them, but no reply, that was about 3 days ago.

I got my 30 + 31 today, (i have ran out of room)
  • Muks_CMuks_C Preston, Lancashire, UKPosts: 100MI6 Agent
    finally received 30 and 31 today, you can see the difference in height of the moon buggy's case compared to the ordinary cases, it's even taller than the case for the GoldenEye tank:

Bond3031.jpg

Bond30_1.jpg

Bond30_2.jpg

Bond31_1.jpg

Bond31_2.jpg

the next delivery shouldn't take as long because they should have the ordinary cardboard boxes in stock, i hope.
    I found more images, not on the original listings
    Click Here To View
    I am confused how many cars will be released in the uk.
    I have heard about there being upto 65 cars + 5 rolls royces at 25 each.
    Does anyone know about this? or have the email to contact them there site only has the phone number and address.
  • Mr JimMr Jim Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Where are you getting this information from about the extra cars?
    I have been in contact with them previously via telephone as they asked me when i signed up if i would like to receive the special edition models which would cost about £10 and would be out at easter and christmas. I have rang them since and they do not seem to know anything about more models or special editions!
    Would love for the collection to keep going and to include more bond vehicles so am keeping fingers and toes firmly crossed.
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    edited March 2008
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Goldeneye Tank not sent out in a diorama? Just a plastic outer-sleve?

Also I don't know about anyone else but this has thrown a spanner in the works of my idea of displaying all of the models in the order of the films release!

Doesn't this mean that Diamonds Are Forever is the film with the most number of models from it, (Mustang, Triumph Stag and Moonbuggy)??
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    edited March 2008
    Doesn't this mean that Diamonds Are Forever is the film with the most number of models from it, (Mustang, Triumph Stag and Moonbuggy)??

No, Die Another Day has the Aston Martin Vanquish, Jaguar XKR and the Ford Thunderbird.
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent

No, Die Another Day has the Aston Martin Vanquish, Jaguar XKR and the Ford Thunderbird.

I Stand Corrected

{[]
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming