James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• De BleuchampDe Bleuchamp Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Originally I printed the list of 40 models from mi6.co.uk site and recently the order of models has deviated in that we've had nos. 22,21,30 & 26 (Mini Moke next), but you just have to take what arrives I guess. I order mine from a newsagent. No. 23 was supposed to be the AMC Hornet from TMWTGGun.

De Bleuchamp.
    "Just a drop in the ocean!" -YOLT.
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    Muks_C wrote:
    22 and 23, not 23 and 24 :p

oh yeah im stupid thanks
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Originally I printed the list of 40 models from mi6.co.uk site and recently the order of models has deviated in that we've had nos. 22,21,30 & 26 (Mini Moke next), but you just have to take what arrives I guess. I order mine from a newsagent. No. 23 was supposed to be the AMC Hornet from TMWTGGun.

De Bleuchamp.
    "Just a drop in the ocean!" -YOLT.

Very disturbing, since I'm waiting for #24, the FRWL Bentley that I'll be ordering from a UK dealer along with 3 recent issues. For me, shipping is an issue and consolodating the models for delivery to the US is a significant cost and coordination issue.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
    edited December 2007
    Yes, it does seem like the next model is the Mini Moke. A UK dealer confirmed it will be #24, which was the issue number originally designated for the FRWL Bentley X-( ...does anyone know anything else about the Bentley? Further, he said that the Mini Moke will be an extremely limited edition, which is a surprise that edition number variance is actively being employed. You'd expect this with toy collectibles and event exclusives, but for this?
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • SpectreIslandSpectreIsland spectreislandPosts: 274MI6 Agent
    Can these models be removed from their bases?
    Mini Muke limited editon ?
    Ive seen a little model of it on the newest mag it looks good B-) Cant wait
    yep i had a double you just hold the base and twist the car, but use a very small screwdriver first to loosen it up, they look good out of boxes but I'd keep them in boxes.

My Double was a V12 Vanquish - Die Another Day
    yep i had a double you just hold the base and twist the car, but use a very small screwdriver first to loosen it up, they look good out of boxes but I'd keep them in boxes.

My Double was a V12 Vanquish - Die Another Day

Thank you. But once you take it off, can it be put back on the base without falling off? The reason I ask is that one of my models is facing the wrong way on the base, so I need to have it face the correct way without breaking it.
    yer i put it back on the base again and it is on tight and fine, you say that it was on backwards did jamesbondcars.co.uk do this or you ?
    yer i put it back on the base again and it is on tight and fine, you say that it was on backwards did jamesbondcars.co.uk do this or you ?

That's how I received it from the dealer I bought it from. The model in question is the Triumph Stag.
    Well id use a little screwdriver adn loosen it then turn it around then tighten it up again but facing right way.
  • Muks_CMuks_C Preston, Lancashire, UKPosts: 100MI6 Agent
    so your Stag was facing downhill, so you need to turn it to make it face uphill?
    edited December 2007
    Muks_C wrote:
    so your Stag was facing downhill, so you need to turn it to make it face uphill?

Yes that's correct. Same thing with the MGB from Man with the Golden Gun - it's facing the wrong way based on other member's pics of the same cars. I guess someone at the factory was having an off day :))
    lol
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    I'm considering starting my own 007 blog and one of the things that I'm into at the minute is photography - and my James Bond Car Collection models... so I was wondering if you people reading this would be interested in seeing some of my photo's of the models if I were to post them.

I've already got a smashing photo of the OHMSS Cougar and with a bit of time I could get some others done... as I always take the lid of the display boxes and have a good look it might show some of you people that are keeping them in their boxes a cloers look at them?

So would it be worth doing ???

Answers on a postcard please!

:D
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • Mr JimMr Jim Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Would be good to see your photos especially if they are of how you are displaying them. Mine are currently stored away each month as i am moving in the new year but am constantly thinking of ways to display them ie in a display case or on shelves, in film order or delivery order?? Would love to see any displays already set up.
    yes I thnik it would ;)
    I have heard that due to popular demand there will be another batchof these cars. I think it is great, I recon they will include;

* Moonraker 5 or 6 (moonraker)
    * Moon buggy (diamonds are forever)
    * Goldfingers Rolls Royce (goldfinger)
    * Acrostar Jet (octopussy)
    * Q - Boat (twine)
    * Drug Lorry (ltk)

but im not sure they will because it is of course james bond CAR collection not VECHILE, all though they should use these I think or make most of the free gifts like the Little Neille.

The full topic of this can be found on my forum

http://forum.bondaholic.com/viewtopic.php?t=10
    I have heard that due to popular demand there will be another batchof these cars. I think it is great, I recon they will include;

* Q - Boat (twine)
    * Drug Lorry (ltk)

but im not sure they will because it is of course james bond CAR collection not VECHILE, all though they should use these I think or make most of the free gifts like the Little Neille.

Thanks for the heads up. Yes, I agree with your selections and that unfortunately, the format of this series would likely limit vehicles that fit within the display box, though the "bonus" pieces of the Little Nellie and GE tank were exceptions...which is why they likely were "bonus" pieces and not in the formal line-up.

Where have you heard about this possible expansion of the series?
    I had an email from jamesbondcars.co.uk

* Q - Boat (twine)
    * Drug Lorry (ltk)

I think that the Kenworth truck from LTK would have to come without the diorama like the Goldeneye Tank because it would be difficult to do in the same scale... unless they were going to do a larger diorama for it.

Today I picked up my LALD Mini Moke and Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5 from the sorting office. The DB5 was from the scene in the alleyway with the roof hatch missing. - Once again they're both excellent - has anyone else got them yet???
    Mr Jim wrote:
    Would be good to see your photos especially if they are of how you are displaying them. Mine are currently stored away each month as i am moving in the new year but am constantly thinking of ways to display them ie in a display case or on shelves, in film order or delivery order?? Would love to see any displays already set up.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll get onto it and post on here when it's up and running.

I'm going to be starting with just the models in close-up as I'm in the middle of having the loft converted - but as soon as I've got them proudly on display they'll be some pictures for sure.

:007)
    No, i havent got mine yet, Apparently SpectreIsland said the Mini Muke is a limited edition is this true ?
    No, i havent got mine yet, Apparently SpectreIsland said the Mini Muke is a limited edition is this true ?

It's a Mini MOKE - and there was nothing on the model and/or magazine to say it was a limited edition

Next model is the Lada police car from The Living Daylights - sawn in half - so it looks more of an interesting model than it sounds!
    Mini Moke thats the one, I dont spell very well ?:)
    edited December 2007
    It's a Mini MOKE - and there was nothing on the model and/or magazine to say it was a limited edition

A UK dealer was told by the UK supplier it will be limited, who then passed me that info in case I wanted to order it.
    Today I picked up my LALD Mini Moke and Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5 from the sorting office. The DB5 was from the scene in the alleyway with the roof hatch missing. - Once again they're both excellent - has anyone else got them yet???

Man, they've really changed the release sequence didn't they? The DB5 in the GF Plant chase sequence was supposedly #40. I was expecting #24 to be the FRWL Bentley, since I'm only getting a select few and I'm trying to group my order according to the releases of my selection to economize on shipping from the UK to California.
    superado wrote:

A UK dealer was told by the UK supplier it will be limited, who then passed me that info in case I wanted to order it.

Man, they've really changed the release sequence didn't they? The DB5 in the GF Plant chase sequence was supposedly #40. I was expecting #24 to be the FRWL Bentley, since I'm only getting a select few and I'm trying to group my order according to the releases of my selection to economize on shipping from the UK to California.

I guess that it could be that there's not going to be that many spare issues up for grabs as back orders from them. I hope that you didn't think that I was questioning you - it's just that there's nothing to say that it a limited edition - hope I didn't cause any offense!
    edited December 2007
    No offense came to mind at all brother! The point I'm drawing out is how distribution changes go unannounced at least in terms of official statements and just as I'd pass on anything I "hear," I for one appreciate the sharing of such info due to the circumstances I mentioned.
  • Muks_CMuks_C Preston, Lancashire, UKPosts: 100MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    I received 24 and 25 today:

Bond24_1.jpg

Bond24_2.jpg

please excuse the reflection from my window blinds in this photo:

Bond24_3.jpg

Bond25_1.jpg

Bond25_2.jpg

Bond25_3.jpg

Bond25_4.jpg
  • batester2005batester2005 Dudley, West Mids, UKPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    I had an email from jamesbondcars.co.uk
    Can u prove this, i havent got this email and im a subscriber.
    i aint callin u a liar mate but a lot of bull gets talked on this thread and most of it never comes true.
    got 24 and 25 earlier, impressed again i must say