James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Wow, those are nice "bricks" :)
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the pic, Muks!
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    brilliant line up like that !!!!-{-{
    Why is it that on ebay the tank is selling so well it goes for about £25 ???
    its a free gift so why ?
  • Muks_CMuks_C Preston, Lancashire, UKPosts: 100MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    because some people only want to own the 3 free special gifts which are only available to subscribers. they don't want to subscribe and spend so much money, so if they want the free gifts then they'll pay any price for them on ebay.

oh and i got an email today from the Database Factory, saying that my card has expired or is about to expire so i need to contact them with the details of a new card. it only expires in December so they should still be able to take at least 1 more payment from it. unless it's been cancelled earlier than stated on the card and there's a new card currently in the post.
  • Mr JimMr Jim Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    Dont wait until December to ring them up about your new card details! I got a letter requesting my new details months before my card was due to expire - thinking that everyone knew that you do not get your new card until a week before the old one expires i left it. When the new card arrived i rang with the new details and was informed that my account had been cancelled as i hadnt provided the relevant details in time!
    This has led to me being a long way behind eveyone elses collection as i have just recieved parts 18 & 19 this week and am still waiting for 20 & 21 when should be expecting 22 & 23 soon.
    My advice - get on the phone to make sure they dont cancel your account!
    well it does say in the email that they will only cancel the subscription if i send them a letter or phone them, so it shouldn't go that far only because of an expiring card.

but i'll ring them anyway and tell them i haven't got a new card yet, but not to cancel my subscription and that i'll ring back when i have got my new card.
    just checked my credit card online, it seems they haven't had any problem charging it for the next 2 issues, i was charged yesterday. the email must just be an automated precautionary email, sent to anyone whose card will expire in the next few weeks.

still i'll ring them as soon as i get the new card.
    Would that be parts 22 & 23 youve just been charged for? Just curious to find out how far behind i am as have just had 18 & 19 delivered and have only just been charged for 20 & 21 yesterday.
    yes, 22 and 23. i received 20 and 21 on 13th October.
    when are the next one coming ????
    i would assume around the same date as they arrived in October, only in November this time.
    ok, 15th then
    delivery dates are not set in stone, of course, but we get monthly deliveries so we can sort of guess when our next delivery will arrive.

i was usually getting them in the 20-somethings of the month, then the last delivery turned up quicker, on the 13th, so it can be quite random depending on when they get the stock in, how quickly they package it up and dispatch it, and then how long Royal Mail take to process it.
  • LegomanLegoman PerthPosts: 89MI6 Agent
    If anyone is missing some issues, I have a few extras on eBay.
    Issue #2
    Issue #3
    Issue #4
    Issue #5
  • Brosnan007PPKBrosnan007PPK Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    I’ve missed most the Bond Cars collection, blast WHSmith for not getting in the back issues :#. I only have around 10 and that’s not more than enough.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    Muks_C wrote:
    @ PoorMansJB, the full list can be found here, scroll down a bit: Click

Thought I'd requote this list so we can keep in touch with it.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    It's been a while - has anyone got there next models yet?

Found the Octopussy Merc. on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMES-BOND-CAR-COLLECTION-MERCEDES-BENZ-OCTOPUSSY-NO23_W0QQitemZ110194760233QQihZ001QQcategoryZ56322QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks good - I can't wait to have all of these Models!
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    I GOT THE NEXT 2 DELIVERED YESTERDAY, BOTH LOOK GREAT TO ME
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    Which 2 were they?
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    THE WHITE CADILLAC FROM LIVE & LET DIE AND THE MERCEDES FROM OCTOPUSSY
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    How different are these to the Corgi releases?

I only have a few of the Corgi ones, however.
    edited November 2007
    I received 22 and 23 today, but whoever packed them must have been sleeping or drunk, he packed 2 issues of the 22 magazine and no 23 magazine!!!

Bond22-23.jpg

I've emailled them and attached this photo of what I received for proof, so they should hopefully send the 23 magazine.
    I too have emailed a few times as i still havent recieved 20 & 21 let alone 22 and 23 but have not had a reply - have also phoned several times during the last five weeks but keep being told not to worry as there in the post!
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    How different are these to the Corgi releases?

I only have a few of the Corgi ones, however.

Wow, just by the pic of the Benz, it successfully accomplished what Corgi attempted to depict with that car, with the track section, but the groundwork and figure completes it, as far as I'm concerned, and adding this model to my collection would make the Corgi one not only redundant, but inferior.

I don't know why Corgi only chose to incorporate figures for their Bond vehicles only recently, since they've used figures to great effect in their older lines, both Bond and non-Bond.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited November 2007
    I don't want to be over-picky but I am afraid, that the model has the same mistake like the Corgi issue.
    The car in the movie has been a 250SE, Corgi used a Mercedes /8. From what I see, the James Bond car collection seems to have the 250SE lights, but the side view still seems to be a /8.

What I mean is, that the upper bodyline is too "high" for the SE.

Here is the Mercedes W 109, the 250SE:
    250-se.jpg

strich8.jpg
    And here the W 114, the Mercedes /8

As I don't have the model in hands, I would be grateful to see a proper front, side and rear shot to have a final opinion, thanks.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    hi, here are a couple more of the Corvorado and the Merc you requested. I haven't opened any of the models so can't provide the rear shot though, sorry.

B22_1.jpg

B22_2.jpg

B22_3.jpg

B23_1.jpg

B23_2.jpg

B23_3.jpg

B23_4.jpg

oh and i got an email reply for about the missing issue 23 magazine, they'll send another one.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Thanks, Muks C, excellent pics. It seems to be the correct model, so, different to the Corgi issue, a real W 109.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I recived my 23 + 24 yesterday and the covando is huge compared to all other cars, american cars are huge though
    22 and 23, not 23 and 24 :p