• pjfthompsonpjfthompson Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    ok thank
    paul
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    Hi All,

How about this,
    Code 3 or Code ??
    Sorry for the quality of the photo's :#
    Will post better photo's this weekend, just could not wait to share this with you all :)
    P1110091.jpg

P1110092.jpg

P1110094.jpg

P1110095.jpg

I'm probably being ultra dim here but I kind of assumed this was a mass produced Skyfall retail souvenir. (I know very little about trains) If not, and it's a one-off home-made creation, it's a cracking model.

How was it done?

I would say that it isn't a Code3 as per the vast majority of offerings that have appeared so far, but definitely worthy of display and inclusion on this thread. I said some time ago I firmly believe the gloves are off now the JBCC is finished. I for one would love to see other Bond related forms of transport modelled such as trains, planes, boats etc. - Even the LD Cello Case was a hoot -{
  • Tony EricssonTony Ericsson EnglandPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    I'm probably being ultra dim here but I kind of assumed this was a mass produced Skyfall retail souvenir. (I know very little about trains) If not, and it's a one-off home-made creation, it's a cracking model.

Your not alone, MCF. It fooled me too. I assumed it was bought looking like that. If it is a custom job then its a damn good one. I too would love to see the Code 3 scope widen to include other vehicles. After all, there are no rules here but the ones we make. Bring it on, I say. :)

Your not alone, MCF. It fooled me too. I assumed it was bought looking like that. If it is a custom job then its a damn good one. I too would love to see the Code 3 scope widen to include other vehicles. After all, there are no rules here but the ones we make. Bring it on, I say. :)
  • Q-Branch-NLQ-Branch-NL Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    is this hornby set the same as the real skyfall train ?
    paul
    is_this_the_same_as_the_skyfall_train.jpg

the_real_one.jpg

Hi Paul,

The trainset used for my Skyfall train is a Hornby class 91 DVT + Mk4s I was told.
    It is not clear to see on the picture if that set is the same.
    Let me know if you need more info.
    Cheers,
  • Q-Branch-NLQ-Branch-NL Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    is this hornby set the same as the real skyfall train ?
    paul

(SNIPPAGE)

PJFT - if you are asking that its the same type of rolling stock, yes it is. The BR Class 91 engine with Mark 4 coaches, which together from the Intercity 225 train. I recommend sending a PM to Q-Branch-NL to ask him how he made his custom direct.

Q-B-NL sorry for the late reply to your post. - In my judgement the train is a probable Code 4, possibly a Code 5. I say that because the train is literally a publicity vehicle FOR the film, rather than transport depicted within in the film. Lovely work by the way! Are you planing others? (FRWL, LALD, OCT, CR-06?)

Hi,

I totally agree, no code 3.
    Only code 3 for real James Bond film related models.
    And for you all, yes this is a custom job ! and indeed a damn good / cracking job. -{
    At the moment the jewel of my collection!
    And yes, I am planning others.
    It will take some time ( work!) , but I am planning two Code 3 YOLT models.

Cheers
  • DDenisDDenis Posts: 166MI6 Agent
    Hi to all,
    I worked on a few models… and I still have others to finish.
    But I wanted to share with you.
    I made an update of the DAD Mercedes (is wasn’t exactly the same models, now, it’s closer).
    I made some change buy adding barrel and some painting.
    20_DAD_Mercedes_Benz_SL_00.jpg

20_DAD_Mercedes_Benz_SL_01.jpg
    I made a black Ferrari (it was red originally). The box for the GT40 fit perfectly to me.
    I notice on 2 differents shoot from the movie that the space between the GT40 & Ferrari is changing !! We can park 1 car between the car on the first scene but not on the second…?
    20_DAD_Ferrari_Modena_00.jpg

20_DAD_Ferrari_Modena_01.jpg

I made a non-gadget Jaguar with a specific background.
    20_DAD_Jaguar_No_gadget_00.jpg

20_DAD_Jaguar_No_gadget_01.jpg

And another code 4 for MIAMI VICE with a model I just found on eBay.

Code_4_MIAMI_VICE_ferrari_Daytona_00.jpg

CODE_4_MIAMI_VICE_FERRARI_DAYTONA_01.jpg

I hope you will like theses ones. What about the list, is it going well Diecast007 :) . You can add theses ones…
    Cheers.
  • Diecast007Diecast007 Posts: 576MI6 Agent
    Hands Up I must confess the list is aside as my business has had a very busy spell. I have just returned this evening from a business trip south . Please bare with me and I will get back on it asap. :#
    DDenis wrote:
    Hi to all,
    I worked on a few models… and I still have others to finish.
    But I wanted to share with you.
    I made an update of the DAD Mercedes (is wasn’t exactly the same models, now, it’s closer).
    I made some change buy adding barrel and some painting.

20_DAD_Jaguar_No_gadget_01.jpg

Wonderful work Denis, well done once again. I love the Jag scene with Zao running towards the car. The scale is spot on and you have recreated the scene perfectly. Again, the Miami Vice scene with the inclusion of the phone box is so cool and really adds dimension to the scene. Its so good to see something from a non Bond movie being presented in a similar way to the JJCC. It really does feel as if the Code 4s can sit comfortably in this forum along side the Code 3 creations. Good job Denis. Keep inspiring us with your work.
    Hy,
    Thank you Tony for your comments.
    Now I want to give you some work (if you are agree of course ! ) ? :))
    You made a amazing work on the magazine : do you feel ready to make the mag for the Code 4 ?
    You can start to play with Miami vice, Mentalist (p256), Bullit (non-completly finished).
    I think Code 4 should be international, so I will keep my 'typical' french movie cars for an other 'local' code 5…
    By the way , which software are you using to do the mag ?
    Wich type of letter? Whick size ?
    I want to try my own mag. for other veh.
    Few other are coming and I have some new ideas. I just need some time to play..
    Cheers
    Hi to all,
    I worked on a few models for DAD.
    I am quite happy with the result, even it is not exactly what I expected.
    So, the first one is: Ferrari F355 Yellow from DAD, in a special box (the same size as Goldfinger - Dodge)
    Where you can put the Diablo from the number 39.

20_DAD_FERRARI_F355_00.jpg

20_DAD_FERRARI_F355_03_dodge.jpg

20_DAD_FERRARI_F355_DIABLO_M001.jpg
    Then the following mag. (which should be around 2.. hundred something) is the Porsche Turbo, in a special box !! This is the only box I found to make what I wanted (I will continue to look for other boxes not too expensive …)
    So on this one, I can put now Ford GT40 from number 52 and the black Ferrari release few weeks ago.

20_DAD_PORSCHE_TURBO_01.jpg

20_DAD_PORSCHE_TURBO_M00.jpg
    And as a special gift for all the ‘special’ subscriber (that is you guys!), an empty special box.
    You can put the black Mercedes (an ‘old’ code3), then the yellow Ferrari (just new release!) and the Diablo.
    And in the middle, the Jaguar without gadget on the GT40 stand and…
    I have all the scene!!!
    Maybe, one day, I‘ll find one big box ! And I will redo it, but it seems OK for me today.

20_DAD_SPECIAL_BOX_GIFT_01.jpg

20_DAD_FIRST_SCENE_M00.jpg

20_DAD_FIRST_SCENE_M01.jpg
    Next models will be code4….
    Other global view :

20_DAD_FIRST_SCENE_00.jpg

Hope you like that… and that I will have some magazine !
    Bye !
    Very nice work, DD - I like the idea of putting cases together like that to form a single display and it's a great line-up of cars! Aurora used to make model kits where two individual bases could be linked together to make a larger display and I reckon the principle would work well with JBCC vehicles too, especially portraying chase scenes.

The two supercars in the paddy field was probably the last silly Bond humour scene in the Bond movie series (they would have been smashed to bits or disappeared in the mud) and it's nice to see it immortalised like that {[]
  • FACTFACT Station ZPosts: 320MI6 Agent
    edited September 2013
    Looks like what remains of the old stocks of the JBCC are now starting to find their way into the resellers market - here's a page of them that appeared this week on the website of John Ayrey Ltd, a diecast wholesaler (sells only to traders) - they are a major UK distributor of ex-partwork models:
    http://www.ayrey.co.uk/reframe.asp?items.asp?id=775

I still need to get the last two models on that list, although I should get the TLD VAZ this weekend and then the TB Lincoln stretched limo in a fortnight's time :)

Edit: just note that the price quoted (£19.99) on the webpage is not what the dealers will pay for these, it is what they could potentially sell them for - Ayrey will probably charge dealers about £3 each for these.
    It would appear that the Atlas Editions Dinky Toys are now available in the UK:

http://www.atlaseditions.co.uk/collection/dinky-toys/dinkytoysmorrismini-traveller.html?key=29206&promocode=11E_display_EB&utm_source=EB&utm_medium=banners&utm_campaign=11E_DTO

The TBird looks tempting - but I think I'll be restricting myself to cherry-picking the range (again) I certainly can't afford a whole stack of these at £15 each! :s
  • Dalkowski110Dalkowski110 Posts: 1,314MI6 Agent
    edited September 2013
    FACT wrote:
    Looks like what remains of the old stocks of the JBCC are now starting to find their way into the resellers market - here's a page of them that appeared this week on the website of John Ayrey Ltd, a diecast wholesaler (sells only to traders) - they are a major UK distributor of ex-partwork models:

Very interesting. If they liquidate everything, that means the prices on the Ixo models (especially) that are so high now will soon take a nosedive once the retailers get them. Look at La Route Bleue's secondary market when I believe the same company bought up the excess stock.
    It would appear that the Atlas Editions Dinky Toys are now available in the UK:

I wish they would do some of the toolroom prototypes that were cut due to budgetary reasons (the 1938 Lincoln Zephyr four-door model for something physically new) instead of just remaking stuff. If they do insist on using existing moulds, why not do planned-but-never-released liveries (the Trojan van with "Dinky Toys" livery comes immediately to mind)?
    By the way, are you gonna eat that?
  • mazmaz Posts: 227MI6 Agent
    Ayreys will be charging rather more than 3 pounds for these include postage. They seem to be ex German and Italian partworks and range available is limited and available at most toyfair cheap

Picking andchoosing atlas partworks is expensive they don't sell individual models at all so you have to buy on Web and usually charge a premium. They also seldom appear dumped at toy fairs.
    maz wrote:

Picking andchoosing atlas partworks is expensive they don't sell individual models at all so you have to buy on Web and usually charge a premium. They also seldom appear dumped at toy fairs.

Thanks for the heads up on that, it's kind of made my mind up to not bother with the Dinky series. Looking at the Atlas website I did notice that 'back issues' didn't seem to be available on previous series like the sports car range.
    I'm currently looking at classic American 50's & 60's models (Road Signature, Vitesse etc) and James Bond Minichamps models missing from my collection, so there's plenty of other trinkets to spend my money on.
    Another new partwork for the UK from Eaglemoss - like the Star Trek series, it looks like it could do well:

http://www.military-vehicles-collection.com
    Thanks for the heads-up on that new partwork, MCF.
    1/43 is a bit of an odd scale for military models, and some of the scheduled models have appeared in slightly different form in the recent Atlas Editions WW2 partwork (e.g. M16 half-track, Sd.Kfz.251/1 half-track & Humber armoured car) so I suspect this one might be a case of "Ixo has the moulds, what can we do with them?"

On the JBCC front, I am now up to Issue 119 (TB Continental Limo) and no sign of supply problems or anything that might interrupt the smooth sail between now and Issue 134 around end-April next year (hopefully!). I'm looking forward to getting the FYEO Mercedes 450 SEL in a fortnight's time as that was #2 on my Wanted List back in the days before the final extensions {[]
    FACT wrote:
    Thanks for the heads-up on that new partwork, MCF.
    1/43 is a bit of an odd scale for military models, and some of the scheduled models have appeared in slightly different form in the recent Atlas Editions WW2 partwork (e.g. M16 half-track, Sd.Kfz.251/1 half-track & Humber armoured car) so I suspect this one might be a case of "Ixo has the moulds, what can we do with them?"

On the JBCC front, I am now up to Issue 119 (TB Continental Limo) and no sign of supply problems or anything that might interrupt the smooth sail between now and Issue 134 around end-April next year (hopefully!). I'm looking forward to getting the FYEO Mercedes 450 SEL in a fortnight's time as that was #2 on my Wanted List back in the days before the final extensions {[]

FACT, as someone who is getting the military models and who also has the older ones, let me just say the paint schemes are a million times better (having a military base on my layout necessitates as many 1/43 military models as possible). We also do get a few genuinely new models, such as the terrifically-done Sd. Kfz. 250/9 and the 8x8 Wehrmacht mobile howitzer.
    Oops, double post!
    This is a hundred miles 'off-topic' but I couldn't help commenting on no.14 from the new military series:

014_fs.jpg

Wouldn't the machine gun operator need to be about 13 feet tall to man that gun??

FACT wrote:

The FYEO Merc is worth the wait - it could have done with a slightly miffed looking Locque figure inside it, but the frontal damage and being perched on a wall like that is a great touch.
    This is a hundred miles 'off-topic' but I couldn't help commenting on no.14 from the new military series:

014_fs.jpg

Wouldn't the machine gun operator need to be about 13 feet tall to man that gun??

Maybe, but it was also a problem in real life with the Dodge WC-63...check out this vehicle...

http://www.milweb.net/webverts/48142/b.jpg

This one, too...

http://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/12/78/13/74/imgp0510.jpg

The guy was supposed to stand up in the seat and use the M2 as an anti-aircraft gun. It looked a lot better on paper than in real life.
    Great photos D110 - thanks! I guess the upshot is that the canopy on the Atlas model sits a tad too high.
    Great photos D110 - thanks! I guess the upshot is that the canopy on the Atlas model sits a tad too high.

It does, which is a shame. The original mould actually featured no canvas top at all and was more accurate. Of any of the vehicles in the series, this was the only one I thought was a regression rather than an improvement on the old Atlas series.
  • theenglishmantheenglishman Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Anybody any bits to sell for DB5 build ? I need both wipers and both mirrors.
    Any help appreciated, ta :)
    Anybody any bits to sell for DB5 build ? I need both wipers and both mirrors.
    Any help appreciated, ta :)
    Just shows how quickly things move on AJB007, I had to go back to page 7 to find that DB5 partwork thread, last posted on 2 months ago:
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/34859/ge-fabbri-18-scale-am-db5-kit/page/37/

I suggest you also try this partwork building forum, it was very active during the DB5 run and there is a dedicated section for this model which is still generating posts:
    http://www.partworkmodels.co.uk/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=16