James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• LesterLester Hertfordshire, UKPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    Thanks Lester for all youre help

No problem. If you have any questions just shout and I'll try and do what I can.
    scurr01 wrote:
    xtScA.jpg

dTdr0.jpg

This is the diorama for Little Nellie I made a while ago but never got around to posting a photograph. I used the base from a damaged issue Range Rover from TND- sanded flat and painted.

Hi Scurr01,

The model of "Little Nellie" you have done looks fantastic. I really like the background you have used and was wondering how you managed to do the model's titles on the base and possibly which font you used???

I have printed a background for my model but still need to find a base for it. Once I have completed that task and finished Little Nellie, I would like to have a go at the T-55 Tank, but obviously, I will need a far bigger display box to fit it in. Any ideas???

I've used Calibri Bold font at 12pt. To do the dot in the middle I put in 'O' at 8pt in the same font and then moved up by 1.75pt. I then put a white box over the middle to fill the centre of the O. I done this in Indesign, not sure if this could done easily in MS Word or not.
    Regarding the T-55 tank. I've recently done an extensive search for a case big enough to hopefully blend in with the rest of the collection and then put a background round it. The nearest I've found is an 8x4x4" case made by a company in the US at a reasonable price. I've been meaning to contact them to see if they ship to the UK and how much? I haven't had time yet to do so.

http://www.casesforcollectibles.com/750.html
  • FACTFACT Station ZPosts: 320MI6 Agent
    Some subscriber-only Half Taxi models are going cheap on ebay nowadays. This Half Taxi went for only £3.20 today - OK, it had a cracked clear case but that's easily replaced as most of us seem to have a duplicate issue or two.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270530508128

Other (undamaged) examples of this model have gone for around £10 in the past fortnight. It seems the days of getting £20+ for these subscriber models are over!

Why? I'm getting the impression that more and more people are bailing out of this collection and selling up what models they have collected so far.
  • dr who collectordr who collector north walesPosts: 16MI6 Agent
    my gaz volga went for £21 on ebay
    it depends on what people want to collect

certain dr who figures e.g dr who time crash uk release of 100 go for £100+
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    I have a 22 ct gold plated AS DB5 on a presentation plinth with plastic cover and certificate of authenticity from tyhe Danbury Mint - any ideas on value chaps !!!
    my gaz volga went for £21 on ebay
    it depends on what people want to collect

certain dr who figures e.g dr who time crash uk release of 100 go for £100+

Agreed, an item is only as valuable as what someone else is prepared to pay for it! I think in the case of your Gaz you might have had the just-released factor going for you, to fetch nearly 3 times the asking price at the newsagents :)

@crocke007: you said earlier you were willing to sell your 81-models-so-far collection - why are you willing to dispose of it at this stage, if I may ask?
  • MiG29 FulcrumMiG29 Fulcrum Lancashire, UKPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    To Scurr01, Dokk and Lester...
    Many thanks for all your suggestions and info. I am now spoilt for choice with ideas to encase my models. Will try and let you know the results at a later date.

Thanks again guys.

:)
  • dr who collectordr who collector north walesPosts: 16MI6 Agent
    the gp beach buggy only went for £10.60 on ebay (starting price £7.99)
    i have sent these models all over the world
    it all depends if a collector of certain models are willing to pay
    i collect dr who figures and i have limits on what im willing to pay, hopefully prices
    come down or i just get lucky :)
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    Hey FACT,

i'm reluctant to sell to be honest - but i need the money !!!
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    I will not be selling my collection...we,ve been together longer than me & the missus...would get shot of her first..LOL( Only Kidding Darling!!!..incase she reads this!!!!!. -{ :007)
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Hi guys,

I have a suggestion regarding the bending of the blades in order to fit into an existing display case;

The images show how I intend to display mine... also, I don't know if any of you are interested but I have included a scanned backdrop for the YOLT diorama. I have tweaked it (using photoshop) to fit to my case which is slightly bigger than the exising cases and then printed it on photograph paper

vbQh9.jpg

MNvsJ.jpg

f1SJJ.jpg
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Has anyone ever taken apart the Q-Boat? I wanted to know how to open the hull without risking any ugly damage. Thank you in advance!
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • scurr01scurr01 AustraliaPosts: 59MI6 Agent
    scurr01 wrote:
    xtScA.jpg

dTdr0.jpg

This is the diorama for Little Nellie I made a while ago but never got around to posting a photograph. I used the base from a damaged issue Range Rover from TND- sanded flat and painted.

Hi Scurr01,

The model of "Little Nellie" you have done looks fantastic. I really like the background you have used and was wondering how you managed to do the model's titles on the base and possibly which font you used???

I have printed a background for my model but still need to find a base for it. Once I have completed that task and finished Little Nellie, I would like to have a go at the T-55 Tank, but obviously, I will need a far bigger display box to fit it in. Any ideas???

Thanks MiG29 Fulcrum,
    I apologise, I can not remember what font I used for the lettering. I seem to remember someone posting a font suggestion earlier in this forum (perhaps in the 20s pages). I printed white font on black background on photo paper and then cut the paper to fit over the entire black section on the front of the base. I traced the "ground" contour onto the back of the photo paper to cut along in order to get a nice match. Once glued on (I think I just used super glue) I was able to trim any excess photo paper away. In effect this replaces that entire front panel and gives a nicer finish than say cutting a rectangle around the lettering and having those lines around it on the front.

As for the T55 Tank- I found a display case at a hobby shop that fits it easily, however it is wider as well as longer and taller than the standard display cases for this collection, and has a forward sloping base. I thought about crushing and extra vehicle for a diorama but I really haven't done anything with it yet.

Hope all this has made some sense. All the best with your modelling, and I look forward to seeing the finished result.
    Hi guys,
    Just thought you might like to see my feeble attempt at redesigning a display case for good old "Little Nellie". Hope they are O.K.

K5Rki.jpg

K5YOJ.jpg

zz5i.jpg

s_Zdi.jpg

Now for my next project....

The T-55 Tank from Goldeneye...
  • SchwedeSchwede South GermanyPosts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi guys,
    Is it possible that the collection differs between the countries? I phoned the publisher yesterday and they told me that the german collection will end at number 62 :( That would'n be nice :(
    Btw, I'm working on an small diorama for the tank and little nellie. I just started with the tank:

3938613435313333.jpg
    6331376165393034.jpg

I think it fits very well. It's based on an case of an Nissan MD22 Pickup, the wall and the ground are made of plastic sheets. The backround-picture will be an scene from the movie, and maybe i'll add some police or soldier-figures (as in the movie) or an damaged car.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    I'm planning on making a base for my GE tank too, and had in mind cobblestones. However, I rewatched the movie and also looked at some of my books and noticed that no cobblestones were used though I think it would still look more interesting as a base than just plain asphalt.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    Is the collection still ongoing in the uk, someone said the next issue was the Q boat? Anyone know whats happening?
  • ak007ak007 LondonPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Is the collection still ongoing in the uk, someone said the next issue was the Q boat? Anyone know whats happening?
    Thats right still going, qboat next
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_Car_Collection
    AllBonds-1.png
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    Whens in out?
    Whens in out?
    Subscribers are due 82 Q-Boat and 83 Peugeot 504 any day now
    AllBonds-1.png
  • Canuck007Canuck007 Posts: 72MI6 Agent
    Got the Q boat today, looks great!

Can anyone help me out, I need some background photos for some dioramas I am doing?

I have a 1:43 white kenworth tractor and need something from License to kill, I am also doing a scene from the ice race in OHMSS, plus a few more.

Is it possible to extract the image from a DVD?

Please let me know??
    Thanks
    Canuck007 wrote:
    Got the Q boat today, looks great!

Can anyone help me out, I need some background photos for some dioramas I am doing?

I have a 1:43 white kenworth tractor and need something from License to kill, I am also doing a scene from the ice race in OHMSS, plus a few more.

Is it possible to extract the image from a DVD?

Please let me know??
    Thanks

What I done when I done my Nellie background, was played the film on a PC and paused where I wanted, then pressed the "Print Screen" key on the keyboard and make a new document in Photoshop and paste. You will need to flatten the image afterwards in Photoshop to save as a jpg or Tiff.
    I will try the print screen, thank you Lester
    No problem.
    Just a confirmation of recent & upcoming issues in the UK:

N°81 - 10 February 2010 (retail release date)
    bond81.jpg

N°82 - 24 February 2010
    bond82.jpg

N°83 - 10 March 2010
    bond83.jpg

N°84 - 24 March 2010
    bond84.jpg

Still no sighting of the Dragon Tank's diorama, though.
    Wow where did yo get copies of the unreleased covers? Very cool!
    Canuck007 wrote:
    Wow where did yo get copies of the unreleased covers? Very cool!
    they used to 'release' these pictures in advance quite oftern untill they got wise to people like us finding them :)
    https://vault2.secured-url.com/databasefactory/jamesBondCars/backIssues/index.asp open one of the front covers in a new window/tab than change the number in the url from 82 to 83 and so on.
    AllBonds-1.png
    Hi Guys,
    Just to let you know that as a subscriber, I received numbers 82 & 83 this morning and as always, the accuracy of both models - "The Q Boat" & the "Peugeot 504" is absolutely fantastic. May these models keep going on & on & on. And just to confirm, inside the back cover of number 83, it states that number 84 will be the "Dragon Tank" from Dr No. :D
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys,
    Just to let you know that as a subscriber, I received numbers 82 & 83 this morning and as always, the accuracy of both models - "The Q Boat" & the "Peugeot 504" is absolutely fantastic. May these models keep going on & on & on. And just to confirm, inside the back cover of number 83, it states that number 84 will be the "Dragon Tank" from Dr No. :D

As Meatloaf said" You took The words right out of my mouth"..great model "Q boat"..once I get them, I can't wait till the next pair....calm down! calm down! -{ :007)