James Bond Car Collection - Questions and praise

Comments

• LesterLester Hertfordshire, UKPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    My Q boat arrived yesterday and it does look good. I just hope the Dragon tank comes in a case.

While having a look around, I found a Spanish site simular to this one. Someone on there has done a great Nellie case on page 113.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eforum%2dauto%2ecom%2fautomobile%2dpratique%2fmodelisme%2dmodeles%2dreduits%2fsujet682%2ehtm
  • Canuck007Canuck007 Posts: 72MI6 Agent
    Hi Lester, thanks for that Spanish link, I looked at a few pages, very interesting. They have so many interesting ideas for alternate dioramas

I am going to go through all 113 pages
  • FACTFACT Station ZPosts: 320MI6 Agent
    Lester wrote:
    While having a look around, I found a Spanish site simular to this one. Someone on there has done a great Nellie case on page 113.

That forum is in French not Spanish, as in the French site mentioned before in this thread {[]

Yeah, there are some really good diorama builders active over there - both new dioramas and enhanced dioramas.
    See the work of "Daniel-G" via this direct link:
    http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/tt239/dleyvraz/

France was the first country in which this GE Fabbri collection was launched (August 2006 vs. January 2007 for the UK). The French releases slowed down during their summer to one every three weeks so the UK has since overtaken them as being the market in which the models are now released first.
    Wow this guy is amazing! Did he sculpt those figures? Are they available to purchase?

I am very impressed!!!

Thanks for the info FACT

Cheers
  • Melancholy EchoMelancholy Echo Perth, AustraliaPosts: 32MI6 Agent
    Canuck007 wrote:
    Wow this guy is amazing! Did he sculpt those figures? Are they available to purchase?

I am very impressed!!!

Thanks for the info FACT

Cheers

Wow indeed. :o The best customised dioramas I have seen of these models (no offence to anyone else).

This is how they SHOULD have come in the first place. Mind you, we'd probably be paying twice as much.
  • Diecast007Diecast007 Posts: 576MI6 Agent
    Just received Q boat and Peugeot both great additions to the collection.

Looking forward to more obscure vehicles appearing later . My only gripe with the collection is when the same model and film has been repeated with just a different diorama? I would also like to see some specials offered to loyal subscribers.

The scary thing is I started subscribing to this collection before my little boy was born, he just turned three! :)
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    Diecast007 wrote:
    Just received Q boat and Peugeot both great additions to the collection.

Looking forward to more obscure vehicles appearing later . My only gripe with the collection is when the same model and film has been repeated with just a different diorama? I would also like to see some specials offered to loyal subscribers.

The scary thing is I started subscribing to this collection before my little boy was born, he just turned three! :)

No! The scary thing is he will probably be paying for some with his first pay packet...."scary thought for today!!"..-{ :007)
  • ArronaxArronax Florida, USAPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    edited March 2010
    It's been interesting finding this thread. I'm a long time James Bond vehicle collector (I did buy the Corgi Aston Martin when it first came out) and an ex-Brit (born and raised in Sussex) now living in Florida.

My frustration with the James Bond Car Collection is that, of course, I can't subscribe! I'm reduced to shopping on eBay and hoping I find bargains or items that no one else bids on. I did manage to get a Dragon Tank for $20 but the Q-Boat cost me $40 - and neither comes with a box.

Do I have anything unusual? The Matchbox "View to a Kill" Rolls Royce and Citreon Taxi and a Johnny Lightning "Die Another Day" Snowmobile. That's about it.

So, anyone have any ideas how to subscribe when you live in the US?

Jim
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    Arronax - If Fabbri's back issues dept don't ship internationally, you could try asking a contact in the UK to order back issues for you and have them shipped over to you in the US in batches under the 'customs limit'. FYI I don't have a subscription but recently received no.82 'Q Boat' as a back issue, which is pretty much nearly up to date with the subscribers' deliveries.
    Things seem to be a quiet from Kingsmodel. I want to see what the Parahawk will look like.
    Hello Arronax, welcome to the forum, it's an interesting and informative site. Sometimes we get into some heated debate on this stuff! lol We are all very passonate about the collection and this is one of the best spots to gather information.

I live in Toronto, so I feel your pain about not being able to subscribe. I deal with a guy from the UK here is his email. His sells at a decent price. You save if you buy more than one at a time. The items come in a cardboard box and arrive in great shape. Sometimes when you order via ebay the items arrive in bags and are often broken.

chris.clarke4@ntlworld.com

Please let him know Brett from Canada passed this to you, as we have become friends over the last couple of years. He can usually help you get passed issues.

You should also check out passed pages of this forum if you are interested in custom displays. I recently started reading right at the begining. It's fun to see what people where thinking at the birthof the collection.

I have a very extensive Corgi, Minichamp and Fabbri etc collection so feel free to ask questions

Good luck, hope you find it fun!!
  • Diecast007Diecast007 Posts: 576MI6 Agent
    L9hQA.jpg

L9pk0.jpg

Here is the fuego and Defender. Came across these on ebay today
  • ak007ak007 LondonPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Diecast007 wrote:
    Here is the fuego and Defender. Came across these on ebay today
    Old news! :p
    Lester wrote:
    Things seem to be a quiet from Kingsmodel. I want to see what the Parahawk will look like.
    You and me both! I think that production of the models in china takes a bit of a brake of the Chinese New Year so we might well be seeing new ones soon.
    AllBonds-1.png
    Issue #84, the Dragon Tank from Dr No, is due to be available from retailers in the UK from tomorrow, Wednesday 24 March ... would anyone who buys one please post a photo of the diorama - this is the first one in ages that we haven't had a full preview of & my curiosity is at a high!

Thanks!
    Hey there FACT, no kidding, I am dieing to see what the whole package for the Dragon Tank will look like!!!

Has anyone seen anything beyond 87 yet??
    Sorry that shold have read - Has anyone seen anything past 86??:)
    There has been nothing new on Kingmodel's ebay shop for ages. I want to see the parahawk.

I'm not expecting to see the dragon tank and the Land Rover untill at least the 2nd April. I don't know about other subscribers?
  • MiG29 FulcrumMiG29 Fulcrum Lancashire, UKPosts: 37MI6 Agent
    qjKR0.jpg

s83p9.jpg

Hi Guys,
    I picked up my Dragon Tank this morning and I must say it looks great!!!
    The background scene is on the marshes where Quarrel is burned alive.

I'm now looking forward to seeing the Parahawk and maybe the Range Rover and Horse Box with Acrostar Mini Jet. Please keep them coming.
  • bill1968bill1968 hollandPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    Not disapointing at all this diorama i like it.
    Thanks for posting the pics, MiG29 - not a bad diorama at all ... my curiosity is satisfied :D
    The Dragon Tank looks great! Wow that was a nice bit of suspense on that one!
  • ak007ak007 LondonPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Im glad it has a box, would have been so anoying had it not been.
    looks amazing
    AllBonds-1.png
    Canuck007 wrote:

Am I the only one who hates this???..that & that awful Ford GT 40..it always looked too out of place for me..it looks like something you would have seen in The Monkees show or Banana splits..Ugh!!! -{ :007)
    Dokk wrote:
    Canuck007 wrote:

Am I the only one who hates this???..that & that awful Ford GT 40..it always looked too out of place for me..it looks like something you would have seen in The Monkees show or Banana splits..Ugh!!! -{ :007)

I don't hate the Dragon Tank, but I would have preferred a proper CAR model ... still holding out for the Lada Niva from TWINE :#
    FACT wrote:
    Dokk wrote:
    Canuck007 wrote:

I don't hate the Dragon Tank, but I would have preferred a proper CAR model ... still holding out for the Lada Niva from TWINE :#

It's not the fact that it's not a car!!!, It just looks like a "Blue Peter " reject. -{ :007)
    I love the Tank!!! Bring on more weird stuff it's great!!!:))
  • bill1968bill1968 hollandPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    Sorry Dokk that´s your opinion!! I think there is nothing wrong with the ford gt 40. And about the dragon tank i didn´t like that at first without a diorama now that it has one i think it looks good. It´s a question of getting used to i guess. You don´t have to agree but that´how i see it.
  • MovieCarFanMovieCarFan Posts: 973MI6 Agent
    And the Parahawk too...............

87Q49.jpg
    Canuck007 wrote:

I Love this car & colour...when I was young I spent Xmas in hospital & got a large scale one of these as a pressie, but was told to leave it for the other kids when I got better....cried my eyes out!!!!...(not a pretty sight for an 18 year old!!!) Lol