Epic Trilogy Elimination Game

Comments

• s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [6] -
    2)The Terminator [55]
    3)Terminator 2 [56] +

I'm off on holiday for a week now so when I get back i'm going to have 7 votes :D
  • General_OurumovGeneral_Ourumov United KingdomPosts: 861MI6 Agent
    Lazenby wrote:
    And Crusade was the weakest of the 3 Indy films by a long shot.

Bah, nonsense!
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Lazenby wrote:
    The Terminator films were good, but not that good, imo. I could see a case for the first one being in the top 5 but no way do both of them belong in the top 3. And Crusade was the weakest of the 3 Indy films by a long shot.
    Both the Terminator films are among my all-time favourite films and are extremely special to me. From a purely entertainment point of view, however, I probably prefer T2. I also think that both films do belong in the top 5 (along with Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders.) If I had to be honest, though, I don't think that T2 should be in the top 3, although I do think that The Terminator definitely deserves to be in the top 3.

As for the Indiana Jones films, I think that Temple of Doom is the weakest.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    edited June 2007
    s96024 wrote:
    I'm off on holiday for a week now so when I get back i'm going to have 7 votes :D
    How about I vote for you as well? ;) I have gotten a real sense of how you vote so I will doubt you will be unhappy with my votes on your behalf. :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Wait a second! If you don't like T2 that much then why did you vote off Last Crusade, (which has done remarkably well). I must say, it's my favorite of all the Indy movies, with one of the main reasons being the inclusion of a certain Miss Alison Doody :x.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Lazenby wrote:

Preach it, brother! :)
    I guess the day anyone agrees with me will be the day when we find out vampires are real.

Oops, I watched CR, so I guess someone is bound to agree with me sometime. ;)
    Lazenby wrote:

Bah, nonsense!

And just to add, this game proves it!

Everyone knows deep down that it's by far the superior of the trilogy for all sorts of reasons.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited October 2018
    This game is just never gonna end is it? lol

I think that my villain game will even end before this.

Bond 22 will come out by the time this game ends.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    No please! Help the cause Jarvio! Voting helps keep Last Crusade (and Alison Doody) in the game, which is like keeping AVTAK in the game!

Help my Jarvio, you're my only hope! ;)
    edited June 2007
    Wait a second! If you don't like T2 that much then why did you vote off Last Crusade, (which has done remarkably well).
    Are you talkig to me, because I adore T2! :D (it's one of my all-time favourite films and is enormously special to me.)
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [6]-1= 5
    2)The Terminator [55]+1= 56
    3)Terminator 2 [56]
    Dan Same wrote:
    Wait a second! If you don't like T2 that much then why did you vote off Last Crusade, (which has done remarkably well).
    Are you talkig to me, because I adore T2! :D (it's one of my all-time favourite films and is enormously special to me.)

But you said it probably didn't deserve the Top 3 right? Ah well, Last Crusade will live on.
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [6]
    2)The Terminator [55]
    3)Terminator 2 [56]
    edited June 2007
    But you said it probably didn't deserve the Top 3 right? Ah well, Last Crusade will live on.
    If I had to be objective, then, yes, T2 probably doesn't deserve to make the top 3 (although I think it certainly deserves to make the top 5), but from an entertainment point of view, I think it definitely should make the top 2. There is no way that I could vote against either of the first two Terminator films. Not only do I love them too much, but both changed my life.

What about you? Do you objectively believe that Last Crusade should win this game? Or that it belongs in the top 3? Or are you going by your heart?
    You see, I thought in terms of sheer popularity that one of the Star Wars movies would be a shoe-in as winner! Personally of all the choices, I'd think that Crusade is Top 3 material, but Terminator is also good, so no worries that I hate the movies! The first Matrix was wonderful but the other two killed what could be a series and the LOTR movies were good, but lengthy. My top 3 probably would've been Empire Strikes Back, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade and The Terminator.
  • LazenbyLazenby The upper reaches of the AmazoPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Dan Same wrote:

A lot of people think that. Apart from its utter butchering of Indian culture, TOD is my favorite Indy film, just slightly ahead of the superb Raiders. Don't get me wrong-- I enjoyed Crusade-- it was just a little, I don't know, campy or something. The other films had more edge to them; it's like-- and I found this to be the case a little with ROTJ as well-- Lucas and co. lost their nerve or something.

Everyone knows deep down that it's by far the superior of the trilogy for all sorts of reasons.

Oh, I agree-- we're not voting on the trilogies as a whole though, but on the individual films. IMHO Raiders and Temple of Doom blow both the Terminators out of the water, but the first of them at least I think is better than Crusade. And this game proves nothing-- there haven't been near enough participants for it to even pretend at being representative of the people on this board.
    For what it's worth, here's my top 6 of these films:

1) The Empire Strikes Back
    2) Star Wars
    3) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    4) Raiders of the Lost Ark
    5) Superman The Movie
    6) The Terminator
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    edited June 2007
    Lazenby wrote:
    For what it's worth, here's my top 6 of these films:

1) The Empire Strikes Back
    2) Star Wars
    3) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    4) Raiders of the Lost Ark
    5) Superman The Movie
    6) The Terminator
    Good list. Mine would go something like this.

1) Star Wars
    2) The Empire Strikes Back
    3) Raiders of the Lost Ark (You know this started because Spielberg/Lucas wanted to make a James Bond type character)
    4) Terminator 2
    5) LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring
    6) Superman The Movie

1) Star Wars
    2) The Empire Strikes Back
    3) Raiders of the Lost Ark (You know this started because Spielberg/Lucas wanted to make a James Bond type character)
    4) Terminator 2
    5) LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring
    6) Superman The Movie

It seems we have very similar taste in movies. Both this and our Bond list contain essentially the same films, albeit in a slightly different order.
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    Lazenby wrote:
    It seems we have very similar taste in movies.
    Then I must compliment you on your good taste sir. {[]
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [6]-1=5
    2)The Terminator [55]+1= 56
    3)Terminator 2 [56]
    Lazenby wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:

A lot of people think that. Apart from its utter butchering of Indian culture, TOD is my favorite Indy film, just slightly ahead of the superb Raiders. Don't get me wrong-- I enjoyed Crusade-- it was just a little, I don't know, campy or something. The other films had more edge to them; it's like-- and I found this to be the case a little with ROTJ as well-- Lucas and co. lost their nerve or something.

See again, I believe I must have a particular taste for the final film in a trilogy. Return of the Jedi still stands as my favourite Star Wars film. :)

In all fairness, my 'Last Crusade is the best and you know it' statements are, of course, all in humour. At the end of the day it's all down to opinion and personal taste - which no one can really disagree with. Personally I prefer the storyline, and the fact that there's no real love interest - instead being a father/son deal. Plus you've got a host of great British actors such as Connery, more involvement from Denholm Elliott and John Rhys Davies than in Raiders, plus Julian Glover, Michael Byrne and Robert Eddison, all of whom are brilliant. Especially the latter, who was a highly-regarded theatre performer before he appeared as the Grail Knight - his scenes, and the ones afterwards were probably my favourite of the film.

But anyway, as for the topic, I think Last Crusade's demise looms, and after it's gone - may T2 be the winner! {[]
    edited June 2007
    In terms of favourite films, these are my top 6:
    1)Terminator 2
    2)The Terminator
    3)The Empire Strikes Back
    4)Superman The Movie
    5)Star Wars
    6)Raiders of the Lost Ark

In terms of the best films, these are my top 6:
    1)The Empire Strikes Back
    2)The Terminator
    3)Star Wars
    4)Terminator 2
    5)Raiders of the Lost Ark
    6)LOTR: The Two Towers

( I just realized that The Terminator is second on both lists. ;))
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    My favourite IJ film is actually Temple Of Doom. I always seem to end up liking the least popular ones. Last Crusade 2nd though.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [5]-1= 4
    2)The Terminator [56]
    3)Terminator 2 [56]+1= 57
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [5] (+)
    2)The Terminator [56]
    3)Terminator 2 [56] (-)
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [5]-1= 4
    2)The Terminator [56]
    3)Terminator 2 [56]+1= 57
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [5] (+)
    2)The Terminator [56]
    3)Terminator 2 [56] (-)