Epic Trilogy Elimination Game

1101112131416»

Comments

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    It seems that we are at a stalemate. Ah well, when s96024 returns, Last Crusade is going down! :D
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • JennyFlexFanJennyFlexFan Posts: 1,497MI6 Agent
    Oh right he's gone! I must call in my reinforcements!
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [5]-1= 4
    2)The Terminator [56]
    3)Terminator 2 [56]+1= 57
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [5] (+)
    2)The Terminator [56]
    3)Terminator 2 [56] (-)
  • Krassno GranitskiKrassno Granitski USAPosts: 896MI6 Agent
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [5]-1= 4
    2)The Terminator [56]
    3)Terminator 2 [56]+1= 57
    edited June 2007
    Krassno, thanks so much for joining in the fight to destroy Last Crusade. {[]

1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [4]-1=3
    2)The Terminator [56]+1=57
    3)Terminator 2 [57]
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [4] (+)
    2)The Terminator [56] (-)
    3)Terminator 2 [57]
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [4]-1=3
    2)The Terminator [56]+1=57
    3)Terminator 2 [57]
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [4] (+)
    2)The Terminator [56] (-)
    3)Terminator 2 [57]
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [4]-1= 3
    2)The Terminator [56]+1= 57
    3)Terminator 2 [57]
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [3]-1=2
    2)The Terminator [57]+1= 58
    3)Terminator 2 [57]
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [2]-1= 1
    2)The Terminator [58]
    3)Terminator 2 [57]+1= 58
    1)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade [1]-1= 0
    2)The Terminator [58]
    3)Terminator 2 [58]+1= 59
    edited June 2007
    Krassno, you are a star! :D

The new results are:
    1)The Terminator [58]
    2)Terminator 2 [59]

Once the two Terminator films attain equal footing, I will probably depart the game as I can not choose between them.
    You are a bad person Dan. ;)
    Dan Same wrote:
    Once the two Terminator films attain equal footing, I will probably depart the game as I can not choose between them.
    While I enjoy both films Terminator 2 far surpasses the original.
    You are a bad person Dan. ;)
    I know. :D But, hey, at least I love that scene in AVTAK. :))

BTW, these are the latest (or perhaps final) elimination results:

ELIMINATED:
    3)Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    4)Star Wars
    5)The Empire Strikes Back
    6)LOTR - The Return of the King
    7)Return of the Jedi
    8)LOTR - The Two Towers
    9)Batman
    10)Raiders of the Lost Ark
    11)Superman The Movie
    12)LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring
    13)Mad Max
    14)The Road Warrior
    15)Superman II
    16)Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    17)The Matrix
    18)Batman Returns
    19)Terminator 3
    20)The Matrix Revolutions
    21)Batman Forever
    22)Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
    23)Superman III
    24)The Matrix Reloaded
    edited June 2007
    While I enjoy both films Terminator 2 far surpasses the original.
    I adore both films, and objectively I think The Terminator is better, but in terms of entertainment, I do prefer Terminator 2.
  • s96024s96024 Posts: 1,519MI6 Agent
    Good game, good result. Shame I couldn't be around to finish it off a bit quicker.
    edited July 2007
    Out of curiosity, is there anybody who are still interested in continuing this game? Or shoud we officially deem The Terminator and Terminator 2 to be joint winners?
    I still hope you know that you eliminated Sean Connery and Alison Doody. ;)

Anyway, I'd think that you should declare them joint winners. Otherwise, it would take up about 50 more pages of going back and forth.
    I still hope you know that you eliminated Sean Connery and Alison Doody. ;)
    I love Sir Sean, but I prefer Arnie, so fo me, it was no contest. As for Doody, you're right, she is great. :D
    Anyway, I'd think that you should declare them joint winners. Otherwise, it would take up about 50 more pages of going back and forth.
    I agree. Although I'm bowing out, if other people wish to drag this thing out, that's up to them. As I previously mentioned, I can't choose between the first two Terminators.