Interest thread....Madagascar Shirt

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    Eagle wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    OK, the shop is sending me four shirts, with different fabric types (silk, rayon,poly and cotton)....should be here next week. They will APPROXIMATE the shape of the shirt for each one....tons of pics to come when they arrive.
    Cool! :)

Seconded! Looking forward to it... {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • mrbigmrbig Cotswolds, EnglandPosts: 68MI6 Agent
    A point of interest, I've just read where Bond gets his fabric from, a UK based company called Scabal. That probably means that they supplied the fabric for the shirt.

Proof
    (Scroll down, you'll find a CR promo pic)

I think that the fabric probably came from the Festival line, if anyone can get access to a full Scabal catalog, then we can determine the exact details of the fabric.

MrBig
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    According to my contact the material "was definetley cotton", hope that helps!
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Did you say cotton?!!!!!
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    Absolutley! That was teh exact words from my contact who works for the company that makede the shirts - take it for what its worth!
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Its worth everything....I have advised the shop.
    Definetley cotton, soft egyptian cotton to be precise ;)
  • copamancopaman Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    when will you post the pictures mantis??
    Pictures of what? The shop sent me samples of all white/ cotton shirts in a similiar shape to the one in the movie...then I have to pick it apart and "reshape the shirt". Then they have to develop the pattern (unless we find the bolt elsewhere which is a possibility)...they have to send me the pattern to be oked...yada yada yada...point is this is a long process but I promise nothing will be produced unless it is perfect. Nothing. And those who know me know I am a picture houd so when I have something to take a picture of I promise to make you sick with pictures. B-)
  • copamancopaman Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    ok :=)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    sruzgar wrote:
    Definetley cotton, soft egyptian cotton to be precise ;)

That is awesome. I can't wait to wear this one...perfect for special occasions---and extemporanous villain pursuit B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • TALLMANTALLMAN Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 69MI6 Agent
    I thought you already said you found an establishment that can replicate the shirt pattern? This project seems like it is becoming more and more of a long shot.
    edited September 2007
    If that is your assesment...but I am afraid not being privy to all the emails and phone calls might lead someone to believe that...certainly all of these projects are challenging but I am still optimistic.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,489MI6 Agent
    TALLMAN wrote:
    I thought you already said you found an establishment that can replicate the shirt pattern? This project seems like it is becoming more and more of a long shot.

Long shot. Seems to be going well to me. I'd rather wait and get something spot on than rush things and get a close enough job. It's not just about pattern, but cloth, cut, shape and fit. Not an easy or a quick job at all. And Mantis is a perfectionist - thank God!!!
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff
    edited September 2007
    Asp9mm wrote:
    TALLMAN wrote:

Long shot. Seems to be going well to me. I'd rather wait and get something spot on than rush things and get a close enough job. It's not just about pattern, but cloth, cut, shape and fit. Not an easy or a quick job at all. And Mantis is a perfectionist - thank God!!!

I'll back up Asp9mm's comments there. No point in rushing and settling for second best - Mantis is on the job and that's good enough for me.
    YNWA 97
  • TALLMANTALLMAN Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 69MI6 Agent
    I'm not dissing your efforts. I want the genuine article like everybody else and I admire your efforts to get it spot on. It just sounds like its going to be a big challenge. Keep up the good work.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,489MI6 Agent
    TALLMAN wrote:
    I'm not dissing your efforts. I want the genuine article like everybody else and I admire your efforts to get it spot on. It just sounds like its going to be a big challenge. Keep up the good work.

Don't worry, he will prevail. And the wait will be well worth it {[]
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    TALLMAN wrote:

just as we discussed previously, DZ is under-appreciated on other forums...

let's not let that be said of this forum...

GO DZ...:D
  • AMDB9AMDB9 Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Mantis,

Don't ;et this become a burden..Passion is one thing, but can be a burden. Hopefully some will realize how difficult and time consuming some things are and there is no free lunch. {[]
    I am sorry if my posting seemed prickly...I find the challenge the fun behind it all...it is the hunt, the search, that gets the juices flowing....-{-{
    The Best things come to those who wait! I have every confidence in DZ's ability to get this one done.

We already know who made the original shirt and who manufactured the material which will help greatly!

Keep up the good work!

Simon
  • DEVONKNIGHTDEVONKNIGHT CanadaPosts: 100MI6 Agent
    I second that!
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    Coming to this late in the day, but I'd be up for a minimum of 3 shirts.

Duncan
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    I'm late but put me down for one, pending eventual awesomeness.
  • The FrogmanThe Frogman shark reefPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    Hi there new to this site but I am up for a shirt too.
  • BluetoneBluetone Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Hi,

I'm a bit slow off the mark, but I'm in for a couple!

Blue
  • JB1962JB1962 USAPosts: 194MI6 Agent
    I am interested in one as well.
  • North ScorpionNorth Scorpion Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Signed up so I could express my interest in a shirt as well.

Sorry I missed you at BCWX, Mantis. I attended BCW's VIII and IX but missed this last one. Good time, wasn't it?
  • cpoulos62cpoulos62 Station UPosts: 451MI6 Agent
    Hope I am not too late to the dance to voice my interest in 1.
    Not too late at all...in fact I just received the samples and will post pics this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.