Interest thread....Madagascar Shirt

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    awesome! cant wait : )
  • TALLMANTALLMAN Cornwall, United KingdomPosts: 69MI6 Agent
    what happened to the pics?!
  • hoshihoshi Perth, AustraliaPosts: 27MI6 Agent
    It's still the weekend in America. Plus, occasionally real life takes precedent over the internets.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    There is good reason for the delay and it begs me to ask a question...

IF you could have this shirt made for you by the SAME costume tailor that made them for the movie and the fabric be made from the SAME company that made it for the movie, HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY? For those that paid $450 for a tux shirt from T&A was it worth it to get it from the same maker of the ones seen in the movie? Chime in here....
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    you know my answer...

pls reply to my pm David...
  • ZoKuZoKu Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    If im not to late, I want one too...
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    You know my answer too. I'm in whatever you need.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    The Mantis wrote:

IF you could have this shirt made for you by the SAME costume tailor that made them for the movie and the fabric be made from the SAME company that made it for the movie, HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY? For those that paid $450 for a tux shirt from T&A was it worth it to get it from the same maker of the ones seen in the movie? Chime in here....

I'm getting the feeling I've just been priced out of my league :#
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    edited October 2007
    I have the $450 T&A Shirt and it was well worth it in my opinion, granted it came with a silk bow tie too ;)

That beeing said I'm obvioulsy in...
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    The Mantis wrote:

I'm still listening...... but I couldn't give a definate yes I'm afraid. It really would depend on the final price.
    YNWA 97
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    im with sir miles, it depends on the final price
  • hoshihoshi Perth, AustraliaPosts: 27MI6 Agent
    Likewise. I'm definitely intrigued, but it will all depend on the final price.
  • firefighter84firefighter84 Posts: 43MI6 Agent
    hey Mantis, jamesbondlifestyle sent me to this thread because i've been searching for the shirt. I'm also interested in one, but final cost would weigh in on my discision too.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Agree with most here... still interested, depending on price.
    In hearing everyones comments whats the MAX u would be willing to pay?
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    Unless you're making a profit, why is that relevant? Couldn't Mantis just get a quote and let us know?
    i am curious though, i took a close look at the shirt from a still, it's a light khaki colored shirt with gray suns in it, the red comes from the outlines of flowers, is this already a printed fabric and your looking for someone to make it into a shirt? or are you looking for someone to completely make it from scratch?
    sruzgar wrote:
    In hearing everyones comments whats the MAX u would be willing to pay?

I'm afraid I'm rather closely wedded to the price indicated on page one of this thread...or something within striking distance of it :( If this ends up as a $400 dollar shirt...at least I had the fun of reading about it ;%
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    We have a quote for a bulk buy of fabric, not for individual shirts, the suppliers won't supply individual items. Unfortunately it means a handful of us subsidising them with a big bulk of money and the final price depending on exactly how many here are willing to buy them. It's quite complicated, but the guys have really pulled out the stops with this one and located the original material, pattern and makers of THE shirt. If we can pull it off then this will be the only bunch made apart from the film shirts, and they will be ours. The more people willing to buy up front and in quantity if possible, the less they will cost us all.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    edited October 2007
    The clarification is appreciated, Asp9mm. I'm good for up to $100 for my share of the 'buy in.'

EDIT: All right...$150 :v
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Just to quell the one aspect on profit I assure everyone there will be 3-4 people financing this project that wil be in the hole significantly....the others will be looking at the fabric cost PLUS $180 to have the original movie costumer make the shirt for them. Fabric costs will range on how many people opt into this project.
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    I don't know what else I'll wear with my Converse. Why not?
  • The FrogmanThe Frogman shark reefPosts: 8MI6 Agent
    I'm in
    There is going to be no profit made on this project at all, those of us involved are just trying to get more people interested because the material is going to cost us small fortune.

We know who made eth material but it's no longer available so we have to have it reprinted. We also know who made the original shirts (from the maerial)

Lots of hard work and effort has gone into this from several members so lets hope we can make this happen!
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    Still in whatever the final cost. Very worthwhile project.

Duncan
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    sruzgar wrote:
    We know who made eth material but it's no longer available so we have to have it reprinted. We also know who made the original shirts (from the maerial)

Lots of hard work and effort has gone into this from several members so lets hope we can make this happen!

That IS going to cost, I have a fair idea how much it costs to re-print fabric - at least the screens were done else you would be into 5 figures !

I appreciate all the hard work done so far, especially to come up with the right material and the original maker - that must have taken some work. Alas, it's still a question of final cost and timing for me I'm afraid - I wish I could could say 'yes, and to hell with the expense'.
    YNWA 97
    The reprint is going to cost 4 figures but its such an amzing shirt!
    so we're all pitching in to have the fabric reprinted AND have shirts made to our individual specs?

Just a thought, but i'll throw it out there, what if everyone paid for X amount of fabric and we seperate into 2 groups. 1 for the Collectors:Original materials and tailor, 2 the
    Budgeted Collector: original materials and independent tailor.

Or is it less if we all go in as a whole? I can imagine the reprint costing maybe $100 each or so, but to have a major Hollywood costume designer custom tailor X amount of shirts for all of us....thats gotta be the most expensive part.
    The material is definetley going to be the bulk of the cost, without a doubt!

Your idea RE two shirt options is not bad we are still trying to hash out the details...
    the designer is charging $180 flat to make the shirt?...what about that Baron Boutique i hear so much about that recreates Bond's wardrobe..i bet if we ordered in bulk from them they'd cut a deal to make the shirts if we sent them the fabric. I think i heard mantis singing their praises as far as quality too
This discussion has been closed.