Last Event Attended

Comments

• Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    I went to Music in the Park last night in my hometown of Doniphan, MO on the beautiful Current River. A great band from the next county over, did mostly Bluegrass and folk for over 2 hours...I've never seen a Bluegrass band with a trombone accompaniment (They were doing Mama Don't Allow...and when they got to an instrument the one guy would play it0.......I saw a number of my classmates...and I was happy to be able to give the park board $200.00 from my high school class to help them with this program.
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    A bit of a self-indulgent one... but I attended an event at the printers that I use (for my clients books) and they had invited 20 or so people as guests (who are all writing or publishing a book) and they offered me a guest appearance - to talk about layout and design for books. I've never spoken in front of people before, and I loved it!

We then got a tour of the print production floor - fascinating stuff - and the general feedback was really positive, plus people seemed to really enjoy my talk, and wished it had lasted longer ;%
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] Congratulations Lexi, ( just like a woman to wish it lasted longer ) ;)
    I remember being sent on a course and one of the exercises was to give two
    Talks to an audience, one on a pet subject and one chosen by the lecturer ( on a
    subject he thought you'd not know anything about ).
    I chose Photography and he picked Exercise. Luckily I have a big gob ( have
    Played in a band, so I'm not nervous on a stage ) also have an eclectic memory
    for jokes, So happily had two successful presentations. I really am a frustrated
    Stand-up. :)) but once again, Congratulations, It's always a great feeling. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I didn't go but my wife went to see Dolly Parton again at the O2 she has seen Dolly about 4 times now in concert
    she is fab :x
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,567Chief of Staff
    I didn't go but my wife went to see Dolly Parton again at the O2 she has seen Dolly about 4 times now in concert
    she is fab :x

Didn't she have the biggest crowd at Glastonbury this weekend ? Amazing if she did...pity she mimed :#
    YNWA 97
    {[] Congratulations Lexi, ( just like a woman to wish it lasted longer ) ;)
    I remember being sent on a course and one of the exercises was to give two
    Talks to an audience, one on a pet subject and one chosen by the lecturer ( on a
    subject he thought you'd not know anything about ).
    I chose Photography and he picked Exercise. Luckily I have a big gob ( have
    Played in a band, so I'm not nervous on a stage ) also have an eclectic memory
    for jokes, So happily had two successful presentations. I really am a frustrated
    Stand-up. :)) but once again, Congratulations, It's always a great feeling. -{

Thanks TP...I thought I would be really nervous, but I guess when you're talking about a subject you're passionate about, the nerves disappear {[]
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Agreed. {[] and I'm sure your audience would have picked up on your enthusiasm. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    My son was invited to the local go-kart race track today...he did really well!

Young Bond perhaps? B-) :)

IMAG2695_1_zps231fda65.jpg

IMAG2701_zpsca7ae82e.jpg
    Possibly or a young Stig ! :)) I'm sure he enjoyed himself, I know
    I did the few times I raced them. :)
    is that the track by the M2 ?

No, although I know the one you're talking about...

This is Bayford Meadows... in the Sittingbourne Industrial Estate.
    Lexi wrote:

No, although I know the one you're talking about...

This is Bayford Meadows... in the Sittingbourne Industrial Estate.

HI Lexi,
    just asked as in the background on the sign board it says Canterbury
    should have known because in my time in Kent police ,Sittingbourne came under the Canterbury area net
    but hope you had a good day,and remember all the top F1drivers all started on karts
    Florence + The Machine at the Manchester Arena...

I've seen every tour Florence has done and she just keeps on getting better and better ! This tour shows she has really found her feet as a live artist - she's always been good but she's risen a couple of levels (at least) with this tour.

The crowd were 'up for it' from the start, but as Tony Wilson said;

Manchester - the city where people think tables are for dancing on.

Stand-outs for me were Mother - my fav off the last album, Delilah, How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful and Drumming Song...

I managed to get my way very close to the front too - not bad for an old man :D

I look forward to her next tour -{

image.jpg
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    (Scrolls up....)

Blimey, we don't get out the house much. :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    :))
    I like to think whatever I attend, naturally becomes an event ! ;)
    Well, a scene at least. With apologies, and damages being awarded :))
    (Scrolls up....)

Yeah...took me awhile to find this thread :o :))
    YNWA 97
    The last event I attended was a play of some sort, a lot of young
    People in it, something about a housing shortage, a kid being born ?
    I do remember there were three wise men in it, they looked very young too,
    not very believable, bad casting I thought. ;)
    If you can call it an event ,a week to the day after attending my sons wedding ,I had to attend a funeral ,so my happy fuel life ,quickly sank faster than the Titanic. The deceased, was bought into the church ,coffin draped ,in the Metropolitan police flag,was a nice gesture from the commissioner. Strangely ,my thoughts of sadness turned into thoughts of the future .Was this going to be the scene at my own funeral ,(ive requested the skull and cross bones flag) :D my wife sitting in the front row crying ,my relatives ,all sad ,and weepy eyed ,and my grand-children ,doing their best .Ive seen the future and its horrible .
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    (Scrolls up....)

I've become a bit of a recluse the last few years.

Anything with crowds, anything involving any travelling (apart from holidays B-) ) and absolutely anything involving a field and I'm nowhere to be seen!

Cant stand the aggravation.

I stopped going to concerts a while ago. Usually very expensive or you end up so fay away you may as well have stayed at home and watched it on TV.

Theatre is ridiculously expensive too. I refuse to pay it. Similar to the cinema.
    Fun Lovin' Criminals at Manchester Cathedral...playing in full their 20 year old debut album Come Find Yourself...I've seen them numerous times before but they do just get better and better...also heard a couple of songs that they haven't played live before...a great night, fabulous gig...I can't wait for the next time -{
    YNWA 97
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,205MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Fun Lovin' Criminals at Manchester Cathedral...playing in full their 20 year old debut album Come Find Yourself...I've seen them numerous times before but they do just get better and better...also heard a couple of songs that they haven't played live before...a great night, fabulous gig...I can't wait for the next time -{

Did they sing "We have all the time in the world"? Saw them do a great version on TV some years ago.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Sir Miles wrote:

Did they sing "We have all the time in the world"? Saw them do a great version on TV some years ago.

Yes they did as its off that album -{
    YNWA 97
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,205MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Ah! Thanks, SM, my music knowledge past the 70's is non-existent :)) -{
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Sir Miles wrote:

Ah! Thanks, SM, my music knowledge past the 70's is non-existent :)) -{

No problem :))

I agree with you - they do a great version of it...certainly had everyone singing it -{
    YNWA 97
    So, my new printers invited me to be a guest speaker at their 'open day' yesterday.

Having spoken before at another company (which have now dissolved) I jumped at the opportunity!
    I gave a talk on how to get your book written - what to do once you've written it, how to lay it out and cover design.

It was a huge success, with over 40 people attending. I then got taken out to a really lovely meal in Greenwich - as a thank you - and a few bottles of wine were consumed :D

Then, to top it off, my printing manager told me he put my name forward (or rather my publishing company) for 'the independent publisher award for services to self publishers' - or something... I'd had a few glasses by then. The announcement will be made at the Nielsens Publishing seminar later this month.

To say I'm chuffed is an understatement. B-)

...onwards and upwards! -{
    Congratulations and good luck {[]
    Congratulations and good luck {[]

Thanks TP...

All very exciting :D
    stag wrote:
    Well done & I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you until then. Best of luck.

Thanks Stag -{
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    That's fantastic, Lexi. I hope you get it.
    Derren Brown: Miracle at The Lowry....the guy is mesmeric ! Awesome show -{
    YNWA 97