5 Bond films for Craig

123457»

Comments

• darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Again, I submit that it is not MGM's decision to cast Craig. They may want to cast Craig, and may even encourage Craig and Eon, but the ultimate decision is Eon's.

The original article seemed a bit wrong to me. Craig may have an option to do that many films, but it seemed unprecedented for both Craig and Eon to do a contract for more than three.
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Ha, ha, I was right all along, I said 3! (Althogh it may be 2.. 0r 4, or maybe there is a terrible accident to prevent him from playin Bond again :o)
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,282MI6 Agent
    Ha, ha, I was right all along, I said 3! (Althogh it may be 2.. 0r 4, or maybe there is a terrible accident to prevent him from playin Bond again :o)

I'm not Craig's biggest fan by any measure, but I would NEVER wish that on him or any other actor.

You may not approve of his James Bond, but at the end of the day he's just an actor trying to do a good job. He seems like a decent guy and he doesn't deserve that.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Hang your tail in shame, Sweepy! :p
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    (Althogh it may be 2.. 0r 4, or maybe there is a terrible accident to prevent him from playin Bond again :o) That smiley is just to show how shocked I would be if it did happen, and this is how upset I would be :'(
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    According to an interview in The Daily Record, to promote The Golden Compass, Craig had this to say about the four-film contract.

"It's not that it's not true but I haven't signed up on that level. I've signed up for the next movie and after that we'll see. That's the way I'm doing it and it's certainly not formal." (Copyright, moaning-faced Glaswegian newspaper, 2007)

So rather than having signed a new contract, it may be there is no contract at all. I suspect there is an agreement there, but it's fluid and leaves room for both parties to manouvre should either party want out.
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:

Q: You said that you thought about the first one eighteen months ago, before you finally said ‘I’m making this film’, so I thought this was quite a commitment to make?

Daniel Craig: Well, that’s what’s been said, it’s not that it’s not true, because I haven’t signed up. What I’ve done is I’ve signed up on the next movie, after that we’ll see. That’s the way I’m doing it, and certainly it’s not four more - that’s the truth. It’s certainly not four more.

There you have it. "It’s certainly not four more."

This is great news! Party at CBT Headquarters! {[]

Sorry TeeHee. I didn't realise that you'd already posted this interview. The DR must have used the same source. ;%
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,723MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Tee Hee wrote:

Can you have a party with just one person? ;)
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    emtiem wrote:
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Make it two people. :v
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • highhopeshighhopes Posts: 1,358MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Dan Same wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    Tee Hee wrote:

All he said was that it wasn't four more. Maybe it's 12 more. Still up for a party? :v

But I think that three films is enough for any actor, although I could see him doing a fourth if the grosses hold up. But that's enough. Even Connery only managed four before he jumped the shark. Somehow I think Craig is too savvy an actor to have a "View to A Kill" on his 007 resume.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    edited December 2007
    I'm still hoping for at least seven from (Formerly) Poor Danny TM---to counter the Moore era---bringing balance back to the force :v :D :))

But realistically, I'd be shocked if he did anything beyond a fourth Bond film.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    edited December 2007
    highhopes wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    All he said was that it wasn't four more. Maybe it's 12 more. Still up for a party? :v
    No, but I'm sure that you and Loeff will be partying to more than make up for the rest of us. :v
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Dan Same wrote:
    highhopes wrote:
    Dan Same wrote:
    No, but I'm sure that you and Loeff will be partying to more than make up for the rest of us. :v

I'm afraid that by the time Craig reached No. 12, I'd need someone to wipe the drool off my chin at the Shady Rest showing of the film.
  • Tee HeeTee Hee CBT Headquarters: Chicago, ILPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    highhopes wrote:
    I'm afraid that by the time Craig reached No. 12, I'd need someone to wipe the drool off my chin at the Shady Rest showing of the film.

:))

I'm only 20, but I just might be in the bed next to you after a dozen Craig films. :v

Mock me all you want you Flemingist fossils, there will be a party, scheduled for the day that Daniel Craig officially bows out of the role of James Bond. It's really only a matter of when, however I have a feeling I'll be sending out the invites sooner rather than later. :p

Appetizers will be served, however nothing will taste sweeter than that of the triumph for which the party has gathered to celebrate. :v

And of course there will be booze. Oh yes, there will be booze! -{

Make sure you R.S.V.P. guys! {[]
    "My acting range? Left eyebrow raised, right eyebrow raised..."

-Roger Moore
    edited December 2007
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Mock me all you want you Flemingist fossils, there will be a party, scheduled for the day that Daniel Craig officially bows out of the role of James Bond. It's really only a matter of when, however I have a feeling I'll be sending out the invites sooner rather than later. :p

Appetizers will be served, however nothing will taste sweeter than that of the triumph for which the party has gathered to celebrate. :v

Sounds wonderful. :D I'll be there. {[] I'll make sure to bring some dessert.
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Just make sure that you provide me with information for the party well in advance. I assume that I can bring a partner?
    Dan Same wrote:
    Tee Hee wrote:

Sounds wonderful. :D I'll be there. {[] I'll make sure to bring some dessert.
    Tee Hee wrote:
    Just make sure that you provide me with information for the party well in advance. I assume that I can bring a partner?

I'm glad you boys have something to look forward to. But what happens if the new 007 is Craig-like? And a new actor in itself doesn't mean a return to the campy nonsense that spells Bond to you guys. Wouldn't that put a damper on the party? I'd make sure I liked the post-Craig direction before I bought all those noisemakers and balloons.
    highhopes wrote:
    I'm glad you boys have something to look forward to. But what happens if the new 007 is Craig-like?
    Then all I can do is contunue to complain on this website and hope that the next film will be a return to the glory days (IMO DN-OP, plus most of GE and TWINE.) The truth is I didn't hate CR. I don't love it, but I certainly don't hate it, and I will seeing every future Bond film no matter how 'unBondian' it may be. :#
    highhopes wrote:
    And a new actor in itself doesn't mean a return to the campy nonsense that spells Bond to you guys. Wouldn't that put a damper on the party?
    I don't like campy nonsence. Rather I prefer good quality cinema. :p So I will tell you what; how about we have a return to the quality of DN-TB, OHMSS and TSWLM? :v
    highhopes wrote:
    I'd make sure I liked the post-Craig direction before I bought all those noisemakers and balloons.
    Perhaps, but what if the situation is reversed? What happens if Bond 23 comes across as a mix between AVTAK and DAD? Will you be joining the dark side then? :v Will you abandon your fellow pro-Craigsters and join myself, Tee Hee, JFF, NP and others as we lay siege to the blasphemous idea that Craig could actually be James Bond? :o :v
    edited December 2007
    highhopes wrote:
    But what happens if the new 007 is Craig-like?

Then we all drink the kool-aid. :))

I doubt that the producers will cast another Craig-type immediately after Danny leaves the role. Usually it's been the case that when one actor goes, a new, considerably different actor comes in. Look no further than Bond theatrical history for proof of this. How else did we go from Connery to Moore, from Moore to Dalton, from Dalton to Brosnan, and from Brosnan to Craig?

Then again Cubby's not calling the shots anymore. :#

-Roger Moore
    Dan Same wrote:
    highhopes wrote:
    I'm glad you boys have something to look forward to. But what happens if the new 007 is Craig-like?
    Then all I can do is contunue to complain on this website and hope that the next film will be a return to the glory days (IMO DN-OP, plus most of GE and TWINE.) The truth is I didn't hate CR. I don't love it, but I certainly don't hate it, and I will seeing every future Bond film no matter how 'unBondian' it may be. :#
    highhopes wrote:
    And a new actor in itself doesn't mean a return to the campy nonsense that spells Bond to you guys. Wouldn't that put a damper on the party?
    I don't like campy nonsence. Rather I prefer good quality cinema. :p So I will tell you what; how about we have a return to the quality of DN-TB, OHMSS and TSWLM? :v
    highhopes wrote:
    I'd make sure I liked the post-Craig direction before I bought all those noisemakers and balloons.
    Perhaps, but what if the situation is reversed? What happens if Bond 23 comes across as a mix between AVTAK and DAD? Will you be joining the dark side then? :v Will you abandon your fellow pro-Craigsters and join myself, Tee Hee, JFF, NP and others as we lay siege to the blasphemous idea that Craig could actually be James Bond? :o :v

Like a bad habit. Not only would I join you, I would strive to lead the struggle if Craig should ever agree to be a malodorous, room-temperature Camembert in a Bond film as cheesy as AVTAK or DAD. Hell hath no fury like a fanboy scorned.
  • actonsteveactonsteve Posts: 299MI6 Agent
    Tee Hee wrote:
    highhopes wrote:
    I'm only 20, but I just might be in the bed next to you after a dozen Craig films. :v

Mock me all you want you Flemingist fossils, there will be a party, scheduled for the day that Daniel Craig officially bows out of the role of James Bond. {[]

Flemingist fossils? This is offensive language and should be withdrawn forthwith.

These boards will end up with a bad reputation if this kind of thing continues..
  • AlexAlex The Eastern SeaboardPosts: 2,694MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Tee Hee wrote:
    And you'll be old enough to buy some. :))
    actonsteve wrote:
    Flemingist fossils? This is offensive language and should be withdrawn forthwith.

It was merely some playful banter actonsteve, and I'm sure they took it as such. I appologize if you found my silly alliterative remark to be "offensive" in any way. :)
    Alex wrote:
    And you'll be old enough to buy some. :))

2 more months... B-) {[]

-Roger Moore
  • Brosnan007PPKBrosnan007PPK Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    edited December 2007
    Can’t the people just vote for Pierce Brosnan, to return, after all Sean Connery did it with, Never Say Never Again (1983)? -{
    Well the whole re-boot thing screwed it all up.
    207qoznfl4.gif