Bond Girl Style Watercooler

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Yep... I stumbled upon them late last year.(they are shown during the day...) and I have to say I was hooked on the first episode of 'Orange County'...although all of them look the same, I couldn't tell them apart to begin with :))

'New York' was shown one season after another.... and we are now up to date I believe....we don't have any currently showing... and I must confess to missing my fix.

Sad I know... but it keeps me out of trouble ;) (But glad to know there is another ajb fan who watches them ;% -{ )

I'm so addicted to them, I even became friendly with some of the Housewives themselves on twitter!! And some I loathe, so that is fun too. :)) If you want to know anything about them or need to get caught up, let me know. I'm an expert!! :)) Again, not proud! ;)

Well I've just found 'Beverly Hills' - season 1 - and I'm coming in on episode 6.... so will give it a look see and if I get confused (oh my God, really? I'm admitting that.... God help me! :)) ) I will most definately give you a shout :D

So did you love or loathe Bethany (New York)? I thought she was brilliant, and gutted she left :))
    However, Kelly, did my head in.... a complete nut job.....
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

And I can't WAIT to hear Ale's comments on this little number :o .... although I have a feeling Bondtoys will think it's just right! :))

Sorry to disappoint you, Lexi, but that dress leaves me cold, even more the creature (is that a woman?), that's wearing it.

After all the discussions with you, I have discovered my rmoantic alter-ego, I guess :D

No, no, not disappointing at all.... the man is learning -{ - I mean, she has NO curves... at all ??? :))
    And that dress is hideous!

....you are now seeing that leaving something to the imagination is a good thing :D
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :v sorry, Lex, you won't get me that easy!

I simply don't like the dress and the lady (boy 8-) :D )

I am sure, that there are nicer dresses out there with a similar grade of "uncoverage" - presented on a nicer body and a prettier face and bingo:
    you have my winner :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Sorry to disappoint you, Lexi, but that dress leaves me cold, even more the creature (is that a woman?), that's wearing it.

After all the discussions with you, I have discovered my rmoantic alter-ego, I guess :D

No, no, not disappointing at all.... the man is learning -{ - I mean, she has NO curves... at all ??? :))
    And that dress is hideous!

....you are now seeing that leaving something to the imagination is a good thing :D

Hanging around 'the cooler' is obviously helping Bontoys discover his feminine side .... That last dress is vile .... and who is she ???
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Names to faces, people, we're not all Grazia readers.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Well, the one in the really horrible dress is Erin Wasson .... And I'm still non the wiser as to who she is :)) :))

Meanwhile .... Over in Milan the boys have been getting in on the action for Prada. Gary Oldman, Jamie Bell, Adrien Brody, Tim Roth and Willem Dafoe all doing their thing. Looks much cooler than Golden Globes

(Love Willem Dafoe ... always cool. Whether he's in a Mr Bean Movie or the voice of a polar bear in your fridge :))

article-0-0F7943BB00000578-318_196x570.jpg

And a potential Bond villain I feel .........

article-0-0F79444800000578-683_306x792.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2087424/Golden-Globes-2012-Gary-Oldman-Willem-Dafoe-Adrien-Brody-Jamie-Bell-skip-awards-show.html

(Say what you like about The Daily Mail but it def has the best showbiz news :) )
  • AlessandraAlessandra Lake Garda, ItalyPosts: 633MI6 Agent
    edited January 2012
    Lady Rose wrote:
    just watching 'Golden Globes' red carpet ...

Some very gorgeous ladies there I must say ......

Really liked Angelina Jolie (though generally she leaves me cold). Loved her dress and her tiny waist :#

angelina_jolie_golden_globes_2012.jpg

Not keen on Michelle Williams' dress. Very frumpy and boring for such a quirky looking woman.

Michelle+Williams+69th+Annual+Golden+Globe+Le96P7AQufUl.jpg

And Kelly Osbourne ??? Her hair???? Someone call the Fashion Police ! Oh, wait ...... :)) :))

Quick edit ... think I'm in love with Charlize Theron

Here's a link to some of the main players ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2087278/Golden-Globes-2012-red-carpet-dresses-Bridal-chic-years-hottest-trend.html

I see we ALL feel the same about Angelina Jolie :)) I really am not a fan of hers but this dress? GORGEOUS. And she looked stunning in it. Stunning. By far one of the best dressed of the night.

Michelle Williams: Terrible. :)) There's no other way of defining it. Looks like grandma. NOT as bad as Jessica Biel. OMG! WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?!

Also, like you, Steph, I LOVE Charlize Theron and loved her dress. And of course Michelle Pfeiffer who ALWAYS buries 20 and 30 somethings.

Oh, also loved Natalie Portman.

il-red-carpet-dei-golden-globe-2012.jpg

WHAT IS that FOUL black number that girl is wearing?! (I know her face but I really don't know who she is) :O :s

That's not a dress... that's something that was caught up in a lawnmower on the way to the Globes and came out that way. Good Lord! How does one even THINK of wearing something like that? :O NOT Bond girl style material, that's for sure!

The green dress wasn't that bad but it looked horrible on her... like we were saying WEAR UNDERWEAR unless the dress has built-in padding for appropriate "lift and hold" of the "upper deck" :))

Oh by the way, one of our favourites and I really hope the future Bond girl with Henry, Kate Beckinsale (who also presented) looked of course stunning:

article-2087624-0F7B2E8900000578-79.jpg

That, my friends, is the perfect amount of perfect Bond girl cleavage to show with a strapless dress :))
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
    ke02eww wrote:
    YAWWNNNNNNN...... 8-)

UH?? Photos of super hot Bond girl prospects and you're yawning??? Somebody call 911 :)) this is the Bond girl style watercooler my dear, award red carpet discussion especially about possible Bond girl prospects is what this place is for! :))
    "Are we on coms?" (if you don't know where this is from... you've missed some really good stuff! :D)
    Alessandra wrote:
    Pierce's attitude is one that very few actors/men successfully master (Hugh Jackman is another with the same attitude, and same goes for my dearest Henry Cavill)... he manages to look at a woman in a seductive way and make her feel not just like he wants to take her clothes off, but also like a princess at the same time. It's a quality that an actor especially either has or hasn't, you can't learn it. Pierce has it (and like I said, Hugh and Henry have it, too). It's about managing to STILL be incredibly stylish even when he's about to take the clothes off of a woman, AND once they're in the middle of it, about managing to make HER the centre of attention in the scene, not because of her various stages of undress, but because HE makes her "shine".

Of course, chivalry is at something of a premium among Italian men.... :D

3a382397d05d08ec5cd58df093623879.jpg

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    Alessandra wrote:
    Pierce's attitude is one that very few actors/men successfully master (Hugh Jackman is another with the same attitude, and same goes for my dearest Henry Cavill)... he manages to look at a woman in a seductive way and make her feel not just like he wants to take her clothes off, but also like a princess at the same time. It's a quality that an actor especially either has or hasn't, you can't learn it. Pierce has it (and like I said, Hugh and Henry have it, too). It's about managing to STILL be incredibly stylish even when he's about to take the clothes off of a woman, AND once they're in the middle of it, about managing to make HER the centre of attention in the scene, not because of her various stages of undress, but because HE makes her "shine".

LMAO!!!!!
    ( i have not laughed that hard in a few...thx Napoleon!)

now, composure regained, that situation is very tragic and my prayers are with the those unfortunate.

That picture of Kate stole my breath...
    Alessandra wrote:
    Oh by the way, one of our favourites and I really hope the future Bond girl with Henry, Kate Beckinsale (who also presented) looked of course stunning:

That, my friends, is the perfect amount of perfect Bond girl cleavage to show with a strapless dress :))

I approve on the dress, however, don't you think, that her face looks a bit botoxed? :v

Bondtoys wrote:
    Alessandra wrote:

I approve on the dress, however, don't you think, that her face looks a bit botoxed? :v

Hush your mouth Bondtoys. Kate is beautiful IMO. I saw her being interviewed on the carpet and thought what a fabulous Bond Girl she would make.

My ultimate Bond Girl would be Charlize though ... Totally gorgeous :x

And Naps, if you sail any closer to the wind with your comments ( no awful pun intended ) they will have you presenting the Golden Globes next year !! Ricky was a bit tame ..... :)) :))
    Alessandra wrote:

LMAO!!! :)) :)) :)) :))

No kidding.

LOL this was brilliant. I see we all got a kick out of this? LOL (not out of the situation of course ,those poor people. This dude... did the foreign TVs broadcast his phone call with the headquarters at the dock, with the awesome official ordering him "GO BACK ON THAT SHIP DAMMIT!" (still apropos of Bond style LOL)
    Hush your mouth Bondtoys. Kate is beautiful IMO. I saw her being interviewed on the carpet and thought what a fabulous Bond Girl she would make.

My ultimate Bond Girl would be Charlize though ... Totally gorgeous :x

Bondtoys! If there's someone who hasn't had botox, that's her... can't you recognize the signs? Her face is just that of a beautiful woman and it bears no botox sign whatsoever... No hamster cheeks and no cat eyes. Just a beautiful (and natural) face. Not to mention the rest. LOVE HER, and would absolutely love to have her as Bond girl!

I agree on Charlize, too Stephanie. She may be even TOO gorgeous to handle.. but I'm sure Henry Cavill would find a way :)) :)) (though age-wise Kate would be perfect with him I think).
    I knew a girl who'd dated an Italian man... they don't like to go down with anyone....

The guy in question wouldn't go the full distance...

During one session, when he disembarked early, she yelled in exasperation: "Get the **** back on!"

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Lady Rose wrote:

Well, the one in the really horrible dress is Erin Wasson .... And I'm still non the wiser as to who she is :)) :))

Meanwhile .... Over in Milan the boys have been getting in on the action for Prada. Gary Oldman, Jamie Bell, Adrien Brody, Tim Roth and Willem Dafoe all doing their thing. Looks much cooler than Golden Globes

(Love Willem Dafoe ... always cool. Whether he's in a Mr Bean Movie or the voice of a polar bear in your fridge :))

article-0-0F7943BB00000578-318_196x570.jpg

And a potential Bond villain I feel .........

article-0-0F79444800000578-683_306x792.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2087424/Golden-Globes-2012-Gary-Oldman-Willem-Dafoe-Adrien-Brody-Jamie-Bell-skip-awards-show.html

(Say what you like about The Daily Mail but it def has the best showbiz news :) )

I forgot to comment on this and I meant to say SPOT ON!!! I want Adrien Brody in EXACTLY that outfit to play a Bond villain! BRILLIANT! I am picturing it. Henry Cavill as Bond, Kate Beckinsale and Charlize Theron as Bond girls, Adrien Brody as the villain. YES please! (and by the way this would be a very distinct and perfect style for a Bond villain)
    I knew a girl who'd dated an Italian man... they don't like to go down with anyone....

During one session, when he disembarked early, she yelled in exasperation: "Get the **** back on!"

the only thing that could have made this funnier (as far as the captain is concerned) is if the captain had been Berlusconi himself...i would of had a heart attack by laughing.
    edited January 2012
    Alessandra wrote:
    This dude... did the foreign TVs broadcast his phone call with the headquarters at the dock, with the awesome official ordering him "GO BACK ON THAT SHIP DAMMIT!" (still apropos of Bond style LOL)

Oh yes ... indeed they did !!

It's ok though, because he explained that he apparently 'fell into' a life boat !! How convenient :v

He's been nicknamed 'Captain Coward'

article-2087704-0F8379D700000578-381_470x423.jpg
    Alessandra wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    YAWWNNNNNNN...... 8-)

UH?? Photos of super hot Bond girl prospects and you're yawning??? Somebody call 911 :)) this is the Bond girl style watercooler my dear, award red carpet discussion especially about possible Bond girl prospects is what this place is for! :))

Exactly..... although I can't see what he's complaining about.... all those gorgeous girls... don't say he's turning into Bondtaoys and wants half naked ones instead ;)

Great Analogy with the black dress (that belonged to Erin Wasson, who ever she is....) awful, awful.
    TBF I almost feel sorry for the captain, I thought at first the cruise firm was trying to fit him up for it. Still don't know about the policy of 'saluting' the shore, if they all do that then it's not great. But the more one hears about it, the worse the captain comes across. Still, we all think we'd be a hero in that situation.

It's pertinent because of a recent, highly acclaimed book about the Titanic designer who had the effrontery to survive the sinking, bagging a lifeboat and, it is said, refusing to let the guy in charge to go back to help survivors, when of course so many died. You see him in the film Titanic, he's the weasly guy with the villain's twirly moustache.

Here's the book:

Light reading for the Captain!

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Halcon wrote:

the only thing that could have made this funnier (as far as the captain is concerned) is if the captain had been Berlusconi himself...i would of had a heart attack by laughing.

I wish.. it would have been the final triumph for us who never voted for Berlusconi and had to deal with his antics for 15 freaking years. It would have been PRICELESS had it been him.
    Oh yes ... indeed they did !!

It's ok though, because he explained that he apparently 'fell into' a life boat !! How convenient :v

He's been nicknamed 'Captain Coward'

Damn. Thank the Lord for the guy on the other side of the line telling him to go back on his effing ship, or we really would all have looked like a bunch of monkeys (though that definition sadly isn't all that inappropriate for at least half this country at the moment :# )

This dude is the perfect example of why this country doesn't work... a perfectly incompetent, lying, coward dude in a place of command. Where have I heard this before in the past 15 years... :v

The t-shirts are bad taste, especially considering 11 poor innocents died. But the sentence is clearly effective.
    Exactly..... although I can't see what he's complaining about.... all those gorgeous girls... don't say he's turning into Bondtaoys and wants half naked ones instead ;)

Great Analogy with the black dress (that belonged to Erin Wasson, who ever she is....) awful, awful.

Oh, even Bondtoys admitted the sexiness lied in the "I see but I don't see it fully" trick :)) we're turning him into a true romantic man here, good job ladies! :)) (the power of Bond girls :v ). And he sure enjoyed Kate's dress.

I wonder whether Paul is not so much into the fashion discussion :)) But hey, like you said, packed full of beautiful Bond girl prospects, I really wouldn't complain!

That black thing. I want to forget about it and I can't because something so ugly is just not easily forgotten. I'd like to know HOW whoever designed it had the idea? Bet you it happened in the way I described... a lawnmower accident :)) :))
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Alessandra wrote:
    Monique! Well, La Perla is not made for busty women and they say so.. they do not have skinny models though, that I disagree with.

That is just wrong! To only cater to flat chested women is foolish as it's excluding a huge part of the population! Us busty girls will take our business where we are appreciated like VS! :) And I stand behind what I said about their models, on the American website the girls have thin, boyish figures and are very flat chested. Edgy maybe, but that image with lingerie isn't sexy in my opinion, and it's completely lost on me.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Alessandra wrote:

I wonder whether Paul is not so much into the fashion discussion :)) But hey, like you said, packed full of beautiful Bond girl prospects, I really wouldn't complain!
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. .......
    edited January 2012
    ke02eww wrote:
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZ. .......

I guess, that it's not entertaining enough to him, that all the Bond girls are jumping on me because of my botox speculations :D

And hey, leave that captain alone!
    He's a hero - just slipped accidentially into the lifeboat while organizing the rescue :D

tumblr_lxyu289ce21qze0z6o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1327047668&Signature=JRIEaCWdEJ7uLf1VzcVVa8OEdnY%3D

costa.jpg

front011812.jpg

Monique wrote:
    Alessandra wrote:
    Monique! Well, La Perla is not made for busty women and they say so.. they do not have skinny models though, that I disagree with.

That is just wrong! To only cater to flat chested women is foolish as it's excluding a huge part of the population! Us busty girls will take our business where we are appreciated like VS! :) And I stand behind what I said about their models, on the American website the girls have thin, boyish figures and are very flat chested. Edgy maybe, but that image with lingerie isn't sexy in my opinion, and it's completely lost on me.

It all depends on the campaign you're looking at and every image very much differs from the other but generally speaking I find the La Perla campaigns very sexy and stylish. The VS models are just as slim, if not more, and most with implants on BOTH breasts and bottom (I am not joking, a friend of mine was cast as a potential model for VS and the VS people who were casting asked her to do BOTH things :O) I personally find that a lot more disturbing than just slim (and not skinny but slim) women with their normal breasts. And hey, I didn't say La Perla caters to flat-chested people :)) they cater to the normal spectrum (from A to C cup) which is in fact the majority of the population over here and in Europe generally. It is after all an Italian brand and conceived based on taste and average here. Up until a C cup you'll do fine. Bigger than that, then their models won't fit you well (just like Wolford or Erès won't fit well if you're busty). It's normal, every brand caters to a different part of the population. Armani doesn't fit busty women well either in general, while Versace will do better in that sense. Not all brands cater to everyone, they wouldn't have any personality or distinct style if they fit all types of body. There are different brands for different needs. La Perla is the most renowned, prestigious lingerie brand there is, and it is so because it always stuck to its style, which is very high quality materials and special design. They won't fit everyone just like most brands won't, because they made a choice.
    And hey, leave that captain alone!
    He's a hero - just slipped accidentially into the lifeboat while organizing the rescue :D

:)) :)) :))

except the situation is just so embarrassing and sad. Still can't believe what he tried to pull :)) I think by now his lawyers have figured out he better just shut up :))
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    Alessandra wrote:

Me too. Also have been underwhelmed by the tendency for Boobless Tomboys in recent cinema. Bring on the curves and a sense of classic glamour
    zaphod wrote:
    Monique wrote:
    Alessandra wrote:

Me too. Also have been underwhelmed by the tendency for Boobless Tomboys in recent cinema. Bring on the curves and a sense of classic glamour

The women in La Perla ads are incredibly sexy...much more so than in the VS ads...in fact, VS is getting a bit too close to that 'ghetto' line, and by ghetto i mean lacking in class (anybody catch the last VS show?). it wouldnt be a stretch to imagine kim kardashian in a VS ad...but that would NEVER happen in La Perla.

plus, the only VS model i ever thought was trully sexy doesnt pose for VS anymore, she was blonde and had a lot of freckles....cant remember her name but man was she incredible to look at.

i love a curvy, voluptous, lady as much as the next guy, but the ladies in La Perla are no tomboys buddy.
  • jamesfanjamesfan Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    Hi, do you Bond women know to cook ? What dish would you prepare in a dinner for Bond ?
    jamesfan wrote:
    Hi, do you Bond women know to cook ? What dish would you prepare in a dinner for Bond ?

Do you mean, a dinner for Bond?

If so, I would probably do something like this....

Vodka Martinis for sure.... maybe a Vesper.... or some bubbles of some sort.

Smoked salmon Blinis.... with caviar.

Starter: Oysters on the half shell, with Lemon and tobasco.
    Main: Prob steak - cooked to order - asparagus (a rather provocative veg) and shoestring potatoes.
    Dessert: Something chocolaty - a really good velvety mousse.

Cheese - a selection of Blue cheese (stilton), Brie, a decent cheddar
    Port
    Coffee.
  • jamesfanjamesfan Posts: 56MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    jamesfan wrote:

Do you mean, a dinner for Bond?

If so, I would probably do something like this....

Vodka Martinis for sure.... maybe a Vesper.... or some bubbles of some sort.

Smoked salmon Blinis.... with caviar.

Starter: Oysters on the half shell, with Lemon and tobasco.
    Main: Prob steak - cooked to order - asparagus (a rather provocative veg) and shoestring potatoes.
    Dessert: Something chocolaty - a really good velvety mousse.

Cheese - a selection of Blue cheese (stilton), Brie, a decent cheddar
    Port
    Coffee.

That sounds good. Any other opinion from Bond women ?