Bonds Knife

Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
Can anyone ID Bonds fixed blade knife that he hands over, when he is being disarmed by M.

It looked to me like an old fixed blade Smith and Wesson in a kydex sheath that they released a few years back, but I only had a fleeting glimpse.
..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............

Comments

• TecoloteTecolote Mississippi,USAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm:
    It might be one of the S&W HRT series.Here's a link:
    http://www.knivesplus.com/smith-wesson-sw-hrt-knives.html
    Hope this helps.

Tecolote
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Although the sheath isn't shown on that site, this is the knife I thought it was...

SW-HRT3-small.jpg
    If you click on the knife info,it'll show the sheath.I won one of these at a SASS shoot a few years ago, and it has a kydex sheath with a belt
    clip,and it's been clipped to my car's sunvisor most of the time.Not a bad choice for the price.
    I'll carefully watch for it this Friday...

Tecolote
  • SIS7777SIS7777 Lots of different placesPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    Outstanding, I picked one of these up at a show a couple weeks ago. Awesome knife for the price (about $20US.).
  • PendragonPendragon ColoradoPosts: 2,640MI6 Agent
    I may have to pick one of these up! not too shabby looking!

~Pendragon -{
    Hey! Observer! You trying to get yourself Killed?

mountainburdphotography.wordpress.com
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    So, is it the right one?
    The Mantis wrote:
    So, is it the right one?

Not 100% sure. Might have to wait for the DVD to confirm. I saw it again last night and it might be a Gerber Guardian too :s
    Is the knife sheathed in the scene? If so the sheath may give us a clue.

Tecolote
    It's a kydex sheath, looks like either the Gerber or the S&W though. Seen quite quickly on screen, so I need a screen cap to be sure.
    Saw the movie today;at first glance,the sheath looks more like that of the Gerber,as there seems to be a hole at the sheath's tip,which the Gerber has, and the S&W doesn't. As my wife also wants to go to see it again,I'll get another chance...

Tecolote
    The S&W that I have had since 2002-ish has the hole.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    I saw it at midnight last night and it looked to me like the Gerber knife that PB used in TND.....?
    Oh man we ned a screen cap. After a few viewings I'm leaning towards the Gerber Guardian, but that is far from a certainty.
    Asp9mm:
    My S&W circa late 90's has 2 holes toward the tip of the sheath.
    I thought when Bond hands off the knife,it looked
    as though the sheath, rather than the handle, was upright and I noticed the single hole at the sheath's tip .Could be wrong,though, and I'll look again.

Regards,
    Tecolote
    Whatever it is I just hope it is the knife I already have....

I was pleasantly surprised to see Bond actually packing a fixed bade. Considering the violence DC wreaks on folks, quite appropriate. Makes sense too as he is again packing the PPK.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    how did he even procure the knife? its not the same one from the fight with slate
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    To me, the knife looked like it was in a black leather sheath.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    how did he even procure the knife? its not the same one from the fight with slate
  • SIS7777SIS7777 Lots of different placesPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    He brought it with him from Austria. The flight taken was clearly a charter, which have considerably lower security requirements than public flights. He took it with him to the party, and just never had any use for it up to that point.
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    where does Bond wear his knife?

I hope you guys figure out which knife it is.
    Both the S&W and Gerber Guardian clip inside the waistband.It seemed as though Bond had it clipped on his right side although during the scene's filming Craig may just have been holding
    the sheathed knife out of camera shot,judging from the speed at which he handed it over.

Regards,
    Tecolote
    I'm with DG on this, having just seen the film for the second time I was watching out for the knife. The sheath did look leather, but that is just an "impression". The way DC is holding it covers the hilt pretty well, so that all we see is the end of the shealth and the base of the handle - not much to go on.

I think that a positive ID will have to wait from someone with "production access".....
    Any news? Anybody see it again?
    Haven't heard a thing, but ordered the S&W knife today. At about $20 - not much of a risk either way.

We won't know for sure until someone with production connections can ID it for sure. In the film the knife is just too obscured to be 100%.
    the Greber Guardian won't break the bank,either.
    Here's a link:
    http://www.newgraham.com/detail.aspx?ID=3613

Regards,
    Tecolote
    Tecolote wrote:
    the Greber Guardian won't break the bank,either.
    Here's a link:
    http://www.newgraham.com/detail.aspx?ID=3613

Regards,
    Tecolote

If that turns out to be it, I'll buy it, but $50 is more than $20, so for now, I just ordered the S&W.
  • sam1002057sam1002057 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    I have been looking at this very closely.

The Kydex sheath appears to have a drop point style blade...it is not a dagger, aprox. 4 inches in length, and 1.25 - 1.75 inches wide. It appears to be about 8 inches overall in length. The handle appears to be slim, as you can not see any bulkiness in Craig's hand.

The sheath definitely has a drain hole at the tip, and from the photos, also has a hole through the kydex near the opening of the sheath. It is also curved / rounded on the sharp side at the opening rather than cut off with hard angles.

I do have several screen shots, but due to the rules I can not post them here. I am researching elsewhere to see if anyone can identify it.
  • ClarkyClarky IndianaPosts: 200MI6 Agent
    It looks like a Gerber Guardian Back-up to me. The sheath looks like Kydex and about midway down it it is has a squared area where the locking mechanism stops and the strap slots and clip are. You can see this most clearly while it is still in Bond's hand before he gives it to the other SIS man. The dimensions are also consistent with the Guardian.

It appears that Bond's knife is missing the metal clip. This was probably done to make it easy for DC to pull it out of his pants, because the design of the clip make it near impossible to just slip it out.
  • JaredColeJaredCole Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Any updates?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    edited December 2008
    This is the knife used but for the film the straps were removed. Twelve of them supplied to production/prop company by Dave Dipetro of AC/Museum Replicas. It is the AG Russells Sting

http://www.atlantacutlery.com/atlantacutlery/detail.aspx?ID=478

0401980_L_000.jpg