[TF Qos Tie(s) Order] DONE

Comments

• shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    The more I look at the shot of DC drinking the Vespers, the more I now believe the dark squares version may be correct. There is a consistency to the pattern of the dark squares in the picture that I don't believe would be the case if it was merely a matter of the lighting. It is the pattern and fabric Magnoli used, and it would be interesting to know where he got his intel from.
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    shaken66 wrote:
    The more I look at the shot of DC drinking the Vespers, the more I now believe the dark squares version may be correct. There is a consistency to the pattern of the dark squares in the picture that I don't believe would be the case if it was merely a matter of the lighting. It is the pattern and fabric Magnoli used, and it would be interesting to know where he got his intel from.

Dark squares is correct. Confirmed. However, I believe the PTS darker squares ARE produced by shadows.
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    So when is the deadline for the ties?
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
    Sorry for the lack of updates. Sent in a request for the ties last week, these runs are definitely a go if there is enough material. Hope to hear back tomorrow! The only problem of course is still the PTS tie, I'm not 100% on this one. May have to just run a poll so we can collectively decide on one (all blue or blue/black) and just agree that if its wrong, at least we are all wrong together.

On that note however, I will post all of my available screen captures and info on the PTS tie and ask for you all to do the same. There is a shot of it in the Bond on Set book if anyone wants to pull out their magnifying glasses and let me know what they see.
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Ill start it with a vote for the all blue version
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Since the PTS tie seems to be the final hurdle here, I've gone out on a limb and e-mailed Ms. Frogley with a photo of the swatch that JB1962 posted above to see if she can confirm which tie was used. We both worked on a film recently, and I'm hoping the connection will break the ice. :) I can't promise she'll get back to me, but it's worth a shot. I'll let you know if she responds.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Looking closely at Page 024 of Bond On Set with DC in the Aston, the lighting looks pretty natural, and I would say the overall color of the PTS tie is more like Holden's TFB61 swatch. It doesn't seem to have as much of a sheen especially compared to the Greene Party tie or even the Champagne tie. A tough call and it would be great to get some type of confirmation from a credible source.
    "How did he die?"
    Reds, just occured to me, no pictures or discussion of the Russia tie. Assume this one is locked down?
    "How did he die?"
    Do we have the swatch for another version of the PTS?

EDIT: Kazan tie is good an easy but we don't have the swatch. I've been looking everywhere for it, no one has it. Nor the number (?).
  • RANDRAND Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    toutbrun, please see my post..QOS Kasan tie number..on page 2 of this forum. That info is correct, I have the Kasan tie..plus the dark brown version.
    Rand
    OK, making myself crazy :s. While the PTS pattern is pretty defined in the Bond On Set picture, the tie is of an overall blue hue, and I don't see any black. I think it would probably be darker if there was black. I'm bailing for the sake of my mental well-being and will leave the final decision to greater minds than mine! :#
    "How did he die?"
  • ABeech007ABeech007 New England, USPosts: 30MI6 Agent
    Apologies if this has been covered somewhere before, but can anyone tell me how wide the Tom Ford ties are at their widest?
    RAND wrote:
    toutbrun, please see my post..QOS Kasan tie number..on page 2 of this forum. That info is correct, I have the Kasan tie..plus the dark brown version.

So sorry, I always wrote Kazan with a (Z) and when I did my research I did not think to write it with an (S). Thanks!

But we still don't have a TF swatch
    DBS wrote:
    Since the PTS tie seems to be the final hurdle here, I've gone out on a limb and e-mailed Ms. Frogley with a photo of the swatch that JB1962 posted above to see if she can confirm which tie was used. We both worked on a film recently, and I'm hoping the connection will break the ice. :) I can't promise she'll get back to me, but it's worth a shot. I'll let you know if she responds.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Great! Let me know if you hear a reply.

As you all can see, it is quite unclear still. Even judging by the BoS book.

As for the Russia tie, no problems here. Exact pattern and style number have already be IDed and requested.
    ****. I called NY store, the scarf is definitely NO MORE available. They don't have the silk anymore.

If someone has a picture of it so I cant start my own hunt (or we should really ask Magnoli... big time), it would make my week.
    edited February 2010
    All right, put me down for the Champagne, the London and Greene party tie.

By the way, pictures of PTS and Kazan.

dscf3160.jpg
    dscf3175.jpg
    dscf3172t.jpg
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    Any news?
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I thnk that setteles the debate on teh PTS tie!

Where did you get those pictures do you have higher resolution versions?
    Seconded. Are we sure that is the PTS tie?! If so, it matches Holden's swatch.
  • RoikinsRoikins San Francisco, CAPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Someone here (scroll to bottom of 1st post) is selling some TF ties for $150, and some look like they might have been Bond ties, but I can't tell from some of the photos:
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=166135
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    The colouring of the tie (PTS) looks consistent with how it appears on screen.

Tout, where did the pictures come from, a TF store?
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Roikins wrote:
    Someone here (scroll to bottom of 1st post) is selling some TF ties for $150, and some look like they might have been Bond ties, but I can't tell from some of the photos:
    http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=166135

The #17 Tom Ford tie looks like it could be the "Greene Planet Party" one.
    edited February 2010
    They were taken at the NY TF store before they sent them to me. I just received them. I ordered them two months ago.

By the way, if someone wants to buy a cheaper version, there is ONE left at RAFFAELLO. It is not the good colors (brown instead of black and a lighter blue instead of BLUE), but it's 1/3 of the price.

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=148855&rangeid=1416
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    toutbrun wrote:
    They were taken at the NY TF store before they sent them to me. I just received them. I ordered them two months ago.

By the way, if someone wants to buy a cheaper version, there is ONE left at RAFFAELLO. It is not the good colors (brown instead of black and a lighter blue instead of BLUE), but it's 1/3 of the price.

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=148855&rangeid=1416

That's actually a great looking tie! I'm thinking of pulling trigger. Even though it's not one from the movie, it's still in the style of one Bond (DC) would wear.
  • 000-7000-7 EnglandPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    Raffaello Network ties are close but the codes (confirmed by them) are toftie10040=TFB64... (actual 'Bond' code being TFB61 - PTS Tie) & toftie10036=TFB70 (actual 'Bond' code being TFB73 - Greene Party Tie); so whilst the pattern is correct, the colours vary.
    Still a nice ties though.....
    These days it takes three kills...!
    Yes, that's what I said. The RAFFAELO PTS is brown and light blue and their GREENE tie has the good blue but it's black instead of silver. I think they are very great alternatives.

I cannot tell you how much I am impressed with my two ties. The fabric for the Kazan is soft and the PTS is kind of rough, but what's really impressive is the effect of light and brillance and darkness. The pictures do not do any justice. The pattern just pops out of the tie for the Kazan and has a very nice transition from brilliant dark blue to complete dark for the PTS. Those are two of the most amazing ties I have ever seen, if not the very best. I think that you will never go back to Magnoli ties after that, it is impossible to replicate this.

Also, please note that they are thinner than the usual TF shape, but that's what was used in QoS I was told.
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Tout, interesting point about the tie width. Have to admit that I've kept quiet about that, but did wonder. My TF London & Kazan ties have a blade width at the widest part of 3 & 1/8", whereas I have one of the PTS/Bolivia ties, albeit in a different colour that is 3 & 7/8". I think the code for that one had OVR, for oversize at the end of it.

What's the width on yours and just to confirm once and for all, for the PTS tie, did you specify TFB61 as per the swatch picture?
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited February 2010
    Someone's got a quick trigger finger and just beat me to the punch to pick up this little beauty for $99! It's none other than the PTS tie. I hope it was someone on these boards.

PTStietest.jpg
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    You know, the more photos I see of the PTS tie, the more I want Magnoli to produce a replica of it. I love the design & colours, but there's no way I can afford TF prices for a tie, even discounted.
  • RANDRAND Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    edited February 2010
    Sorry guys but that was me.... They seem to have had a large increase in the amount of Tom Ford Ties they have in stock...I think it is probably down to this forums interest/purchases.

Im holding off on the London tie or near as dammit on page one...Go for it.

TWO MINUTES LATER......so who bagged the London Tie?.....its gone!!
    Rand