[TF Qos Tie(s) Order] DONE

Comments

• shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    Earlier in this thread there was a question about the width of the ties. I just received a few TF ties (not Bond-correct) from Raffaelo Network and some are 3 1/2 inches and the others are 3 3/4. There doesn't appear to be a special coding on the labels for the wider ones, though I'm not sure the correct plastic wrappings are on each. Two different ties have the same coding label. For the ties which have been correctly identified to QoS, is there a consensus as to the proper width?
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    What's the code of the PTS all blue?

Is it 63 C?
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
    I don't have the PTS, but the wider ties are also at least an inch longer.
    "How did he die?"
    KnsT9.jpg

v4KP9.jpg

This is my all dark dark purple or blue PTS tie.
  • swat21swat21 Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    edited March 2010
    Spoke with someone at TF New York. Confirmed that they can make the QOS ties with the minimum of 4 to 6 orders. Is there some confusion still on the screen used ties? Is that why the orders have not been made yet?
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    swat21 wrote:
    Spoke with someone at TF New York. Confirmed that they can make the QOS ties with the minimum of 4 to 6 orders. Is there some confusion still on the screen used ties? Is that why the orders have not been made yet?

We have confirmed everything except for possibly the Russia tie but I and very convinced it is black. I am just waiting on an email from Italy. Their MTM department is a mess apparently so we have to be patient.
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent
    toutbrun, how wide is the blade on that purple tie? Was that from raffaelo?
    urhash wrote:
    toutbrun, how wide is the blade on that purple tie? Was that from raffaelo?

3 1/2 and yes
  • alexeberlinalexeberlin Posts: 104MI6 Agent
    could i ask what stage the order is at? i'm interested in a couple
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    About the Champagne tie:
    Last weekend y went to Milan with the family. I went to TOM FORD store to ask about the Champagne tie TFB0065. I went to the first floor and saw all the ties.
    There are the ties from TFB0058 to TFB0067.
    Sincerely, all ties are very very very very similar. The 65, 66 and 67 were a bit darker and the others are a bit lighter.
    The 67 is the darker of 9.
    In the boutique there are five person to try distinguish the ties. The 9 ties change with the light.
    Definitively I bought the TFB0062 because it was the most beautifull for me. But I think all ties are very similar betwin themselves and very similar to the Champagne tie.
    Apologize for my english.
    Looks like Raffaello TF ties now up to $139. The supply and demand free market at its finest! At this rate I figure the price should blow past the bespoke QoS price in about 3 weeks. :))
    "How did he die?"
    shaken66 wrote:
    Looks like Raffaello TF ties now up to $139. The supply and demand free market at its finest! At this rate I figure the price should blow past the bespoke QoS price in about 3 weeks. :))

Oh I think they will go back where they were, because now our frivolous hunting is done, and since Tom Ford ties are sold on Luxties and other websites, they won't sell much.

And I'm trying to return the ones I bought. Damn.
    Seamast wrote:
    About the Champagne tie:
    Last weekend y went to Milan with the family. I went to TOM FORD store to ask about the Champagne tie TFB0065. I went to the first floor and saw all the ties.
    Sincerely, all ties are very very very very similar. The 65, 66 and 67 were a bit darker and the others are a bit lighter.
    In the boutique there are five person to try distinguish the ties. The 9 ties change with the light.
    Definitively I bought the TFB0062 because it was the most beautifull for me. But I think all ties are very similar betwin themselves and very similar to the Champagne tie.

That's very intersting... did you see differences between 65, 66 and 67? Since we don't have the other swatches, in fact we don't know which one was used, we have to admit it.
    http://screenmusings.org/QuantumOfSolace/pages/QoS_2063.htm

And here on this picture the Kazan tie looks plain black, no brown at all, but I know they're very similar.
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    toutbrun wrote:
    Seamast wrote:
    About the Champagne tie:

That's very intersting... did you see differences between 65, 66 and 67? Since we don't have the other swatches, in fact we don't know which one was used, we have to admit it.

The three ties are a bit differents, but very very very similar betwin them.
    When the salesman showed us the 9 ties on the table, I could apreciate a bit different betwin them. But when one for one I went to another room to see the ties whith white light I was impossible distinct them for me.
    Yesterday, I saw the scenes of the film and I compared with my tie (62). This tie could be that JB wear in the film. But 65, 66 or 67 could be too.
    Sincerely, It's impossible to distinct them.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    swat21 wrote:

We have confirmed everything except for possibly the Russia tie but I and very convinced it is black. I am just waiting on an email from Italy. Their MTM department is a mess apparently so we have to be patient.

May I paraphrase that as meaning Tom Ford aren't used to getting asked for MTM on ties and that things are worsened particularly when neither they nor their customers know which ties they should be ordering and manufacturing?

?:)
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    toutbrun wrote:

And here on this picture the Kazan tie looks plain black, no brown at all, but I know they're very similar.

Toutbrun,
    I wouldn't trust screencaps for something as subtle as tones of color. Film (and HD stock) is basically run through the wringer from the time it's shot in the camera to being processed at the lab to color timing and the digital intermediate at the post-production facility. What you see on screen isn't always how it looked in person. To me, that's why it's so important to confirm with trusted sources and color swatches.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    DBS wrote:
    toutbrun wrote:

Toutbrun,
    I wouldn't trust screencaps for something as subtle as tones of color. Film (and HD stock) is basically run through the wringer from the time it's shot in the camera to being processed at the lab to color timing and the digital intermediate at the post-production facility. What you see on screen isn't always how it looked in person. To me, that's why it's so important to confirm with trusted sources and color swatches.

Kind regards,
    Craig

I think that for Made-to-mesure, Tom Ford should ABSOLUTELY give us all the swatches we may need. They are basically asking us to pull out of our asses the ties codes. I mean, their service isn't good at all.
  • KhaineKhaine Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Put me down for one of each
    What does the schedule looks like for the order?
    I will update you all as soon as I get news. I have been calling TF at least twice a week trying to get an answer. I have resubmitted a request for material to TF Milan. Its their move. :s
    Doesn't sound too promising. Thanks for all your work anyhow redsliegh.
    I think it's gonna be all right, but I am surprised TF told you they had stock for all the ties when I was told they didn't, for example, had the London anymore. But that was months ago. I hope to get my ties.
    It's too bad TF in the States can't get involved and manage this. I've had a number of custom and made-to-measure projects with Armani and this is done by the Beverly Hills store, and there's never a problem. Like I said before, I love Italy, but... 8-)
    "How did he die?"
    edited April 2010
    [april Fools Day Joke]
    shaken66 wrote:
    It's too bad TF in the States can't get involved and manage this. I've had a number of custom and made-to-measure projects with Armani and this is done by the Beverly Hills store, and there's never a problem. Like I said before, I love Italy, but... 8-)

I think Europe prices are higher than US prices. The scarf was 350 USD in US and 300 EUR in Europe.
    So what's happening with the order again?
    I'm gonna take a swag at it and say nothing?
    swat21 wrote:
    I'm gonna take a swag at it and say nothing?

I am also trying to get ties from T&A so don't be to harsh on him, it's not easy.
    It was directed at tom ford not at redsligh