[TF Qos Tie(s) Order] DONE

Comments

• drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    The pattern is wrong on both. Nice ties though!
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    alphaagent: The correct pattern for the Tom Ford QoS Bolivia tie looks like this: TomFordNecktieProductCodeTFB65BSwatch.jpg
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    UUrggghhhh dam it! similar colour but different pattern! Thanks all the same guys, might have to put them up on Facebook for $1500 and say could be but probably isnt the tie worn in quantum of solace, like that guy on ebay! :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    The lines around the squares is what you need to look out for, its the same pattern for the PTS tie (just diff colours)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    The lines around the squares is what you need to look out for, its the same pattern for the PTS tie (just diff colours)

well I got this one but, the colour seems off. what you think, i know that the light can make it look diferent

T2e_C16d_HJGw_E9n_y_Ustu_BQ71_Myu_Nrw_60_57.jpg

T2e_C16d_HJFo_E9nh6piy_IBQ71_M_7l_w_60_57.jpg

T2e_C16_FHJHg_E9n0y_Dk_CHBQ71_Mj_MYH_60_57.jpg
    T2e_C16d_HJG_E9nm3r_IWGBQ71_M7_EJyg_60_57.jpg
    It's the correct pattern by the looks of it, colour is out a little but nice and a good alternative!!! {[]

Any close up pics?
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

well I got this one but, the colour seems off. what you think, i know that the light can make it look diferent

Close-ups please. If you are going to return it, I'll take it

:)
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    yes, this one looks closer
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Hi
    Still not the correct colour tho
    Ross
    who's was it? It is a good price...
    Wow considering it's not even the correct colour ouch
    Ross
    I bought a tie off this seller and when it arrived it was nothing like the picture too
    Ross
    looks like the correct color palette though, or is it the lighting?
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent

I put in a bid on this tie, as I'd love to get even a close alternate to the Bolivia tie. I just love that pattern and color. But it got way to high for me to justify without knowing for sure it was the real deal.

Speaking of which, does anyone have a Bolivia tie they want to sell, or one of the "close" alternatives? If so, please PM me, I'm very interested!
    Wow that went for a lot considering its not SA

I think Touts close to Bolivia tie is a better match which is or was on eBay for similar price
    96mn12 wrote:
    looks like the correct color palette though, or is it the lighting?

It's going to be the lighting, I bought a dark brown woven tie from the seller and it turned up and it was a medium brown and biege tie, nothing like the picture
    Ross
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    The tie in the photos of that auction listing look to be correct to the Bolivia tie. Whether or not that will be the tie that is shipped remains to be seen. But whoever the winner is certainly has the photos as recourse if the tie shows up and does not match them, especially for that price. FYI, here's a pic of the Bolivia tie (on the left) next to a "close-enough" TF tie.

TFBoliviaTievsCloseEnough3R.jpg

This particular close-enough is actually a tie I sold to Bruno a while back. Perhaps that is the tie he recently posted up for sale on eBay, but he can chime in here if I'm mistaken. As you can see, it's pretty close to the real thing, but there are several variants in this color scheme and pattern out there.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • parasparas Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    The tie on eBay was from the 2011 collection, I asked the seller when he listed it.
    I wish Ford would read forums like this, or have an assistant of an assistant of the executive assistant to Ford make him aware. He would make more business for sure

:#

I checked this thread again, funny how the pictures on the ebay listing are the exact same pictures that alphaagent posted on page 10...

???
    I think he may have been looking to buy it but wanting to check it was the correct one
    Ross
    Same guy, same tie, think he had a few of them. Might be another on auction after this one I imagine.
    alphaagent wrote:
    Same guy, same tie, think he had a few of them. Might be another on auction after this one I imagine.

Good to know...

-{
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    So it sounds like 50/50 that it could be the tie.

On a side note, the Skyfall 3-tone tie is up on ebay (gold version). I think the gold version is actually pretty cool.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-280-TOM-FORD-GORGEOUS-HAND-MADE-TIE-Normal-Width-/321056985602?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item4ac07cd202

Any suggestions on how to match such a flashy tie?
    Having owned 4 diff "Bolivia ties" I think personally its nothing like the QoS tie, pattern correct but wrong colour (personal opinion)
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    So it sounds like 50/50 that it could be the tie.

On a side note, the Skyfall 3-tone tie is up on ebay (gold version). I think the gold version is actually pretty cool.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-280-TOM-FORD-GORGEOUS-HAND-MADE-TIE-Normal-Width-/321056985602?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item4ac07cd202

Any suggestions on how to match such a flashy tie?

That's actually the two-color version. Which makes it the same pattern as the QoS Greene Party tie. While beautiful, it's not desirable because of any connection to Bond. As for wearing it, you'd want to ground it with a simple suit and shirt. Charcoal suit and light blue shirt would do just fine.
    After three days of owning this tie (specifically the one on the left),

96mn12_ties.jpg

I have to say I wouldn't get the Bolivia tie even it it was the original SA tie. I love the pattern and the feel, but beause of the construction/weave type, it pulls just by looking at it. Granted I dont have the hands of a newborn, but even under normal handling it pulls, bad.

Maybe its because the tie was manhandled? Maybe its that delicate, whatever the case, I can now rest peacefully knowing I wouldnt want to have another one in this pattern.

The black/gray and blue SF ties, is a totally different story. Beautiful sheen, strong and nowhere near as delicate.

SFG7.jpg
    The one on the left looks really nice
    Ross
    The one on the left looks really nice
    Ross

Thanks

The store manager confirmed it is the same pattern as the bolivia tie, just different color. They also had one dark blue/black. Glad I didnt get it