[TF Qos Tie(s) Order] DONE

Comments

• redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    toutbrun wrote:
    What does the schedule looks like for the order?
    I will update you all as soon as I get news. I have been calling TF at least twice a week trying to get an answer. I have resubmitted a request for material to TF Milan. Its their move. :s
    toutbrun wrote:
    So what's happening with the order again?

See above.
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    toutbrun wrote:
    What does the schedule looks like for the order?
    I will update you all as soon as I get news. I have been calling TF at least twice a week trying to get an answer. I have resubmitted a request for material to TF Milan. Its their move. :s
    toutbrun wrote:
    So what's happening with the order again?

See above.

Yeah, the calling and not getting answers. Trust me, I know what this is. When you call and it doesn't work you think that it would be easier, more clear and faster with emails, and then with emails you never get answers so you think it would be faster to talk to the person on the phone.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    If the order is still on, Red, can you put me down for a PTS and Greene Party tie, please?
    Any news?
  • draxhugodraxhugo Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    edited January 2013
    Deleted
  • shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    I think everyone may be afraid to ask the question, but reds is this dead in the water at this point? I'm asking because I have an opportunity to purchase one of the ties from a private party but would pass if this still might happen. Thanks.
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
    Project: TERMINATED. Sorry gents. :( More info to come soon on alternative sources.
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    I guess this means the hunt continues. If anyone has any extras they'd like to part with, I would be interested.
    I believe the most fair option would be to keep this thread and if anyone does have extra ties they are willing to part with, they should offer to ppl on the list on the front page first.
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    Has anyone got an original tie and a Magnoli replica to compare? I'd be interested to understand the difference in appearance, feel, quality, etc.?
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
    I have 4 out of 5 Qos Tom Ford ties and I bought 2 Magnoli ties. If you have $60 and want a tie that looks like the one in the movie, Magnoli is fine for you. It's the closer you will get. However, you get what you pay for. The silk, the feeling, the craftmanship, it's all very easy to see in the TF one. The shades and reflects you can get in some of the QoS TF ties are incredible. But I wouldn't sell mine for less than 1,000 USD each, so chances are you'll have to stick to the Magnolis.
  • shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    Project: TERMINATED. Sorry gents. :( More info to come soon on alternative sources.

Disappointing, but reds thanks so much for all your efforts. It actually was still a lot of fun with all the posts, pictures, and identifying the screen-correct versions. Cheers! -{
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
  • AstonMartinAstonMartin Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Man that sucks. I would of been in for two.
  • ColganColgan Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Looking QoS Tom Ford Ties - any help. seen this last post. only new to site would aprreciate some help in trying to find these ties!!
    Sad news, TF Milan is completely out of raw material on all QoS ties. More news to come soon.

Hey guys, so I have been talking with my contact at Tom Ford and we have discovered that any of the QoS ties can be made again with a minimum order of 4 per tie. If we get that amount, I will order that tie and have it sent out as soon as they are made. It would be $295 per tie plus some possible shipping. Very serious buyers only please, you are committed to a tie if I put you on this list.

PTS tie (dark blue)
    1. redsleighdown
    2. ke02eww
    3. Holden
    4. sruzgar
    5. shaken66
    6. Ahmed
    7. DBS
    8. asd007
    9. Khaine

Greene Party tie (blue/black checkered)
    1. redsleighdown
    2. ke02eww
    3. asd007
    4. Holden
    5. DBS
    6. shaken66
    7. Ahmed
    8. toutbrun
    9. Khaine

London tie (black w white microdots)
    1. redsleighdown
    2. ke02eww
    3. David Schofield
    4. shaken66
    5. Ahmed
    6. toutbrun
    7. pwalsh9012
    8. asd007
    9. Khaine

Hotel Grand tie (champagne)
    1. redsleighdown
    2. Holden
    3. JB1962
    4. B549 WUU
    5. shaken66
    6. toutbrun
    7. asd007
    8. Khaine

Russia tie (black w white ovals)
    1. redsleighdown
    2. The Mantis
    3. (reserved)
    4. ke02eww
    5. asd007
    6. shaken66
    7. geosam
    8. Khaine

again, 4 is a minimum, but I can extend the order if there is more interest...
  • 000-7000-7 EnglandPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    edited October 2010
    Colgan,
    I am afraid you are rather late to the chase.... but welcome....
    And I wish you 'Good Luck' :)
    As you have 'seen' this post (Edit - 'thread'), you will also no doubt have 'read' of the many searches that have been undertaken including phoning every TF store around the globe! But alas, to no avail.
    This is one search for a holy grail, and a few lucky ones succeeded in the early years, but not now. :#
    As redsleighdown wrote: Project: TERMINATED.... This game is over. :(
    These days it takes three kills...!
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Colgan wrote:
    Looking QoS Tom Ford Ties - any help. seen this last post. only new to site would aprreciate some help in trying to find these ties!!

Hello, Colgan. Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, it look like the particular Tom Ford tie designs that were seen in the movie are now out of production and almost impossible to find. Magnoli Clothiers has some high quality replicas available of 3 of the TF QoS ties:

Arrival in La Paz/Champagne Tie: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/bolivia-champagne-tie-ties-p-321.html

Greene Planet Party Tie: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/quantum-tie-ties-p-287.html

Kazan Tie: http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/kazan-tie-ties-p-364.html

These are excellent replicas that look just like the originals, but at one-fifth of Tom Ford's prices!
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    The best place to search for these ties now is on eBay, fortunately or unfortunately. I think most people who have these ties know what they've got, and they aren't going to part with them. If they do, they'll come at a high cost as the demand is still very high, and the supply is non-existant. There are two "Quantum" ties on eBay right now -

La Paz, Bolivia Champagne Tie - http://cgi.ebay.com/QUANTUM-SOLACE-Tom-Ford-TIE-James-Bond-007-MEGA-RARE-/260676708885?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item3cb18aea15

Kazan, Russia Tie - http://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Ford-Tie-Necktie-James-Bond-Quantum-Solace-007-/150507734609?pt=US_Mens_Ties&hash=item230af5c651

The eBay thread here is also a good place to visit, as members are quick to point out items popping up for sale - http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/34456/the-great-ebay-thread/
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Do you thing there will be any chance in the future to order these ties again like you did some time ago?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I doubt it as material prob long gone.

Magnoli is the only way to get fairly accurate ties, design wise.

I guess the other option if your not fusy is to look for similar or simliar as poss in the Tom Ford range that is currently available

e.g.
    http://www.raffaello-network.com/item_images/toftie-20159-p.jpg
    http://www.raffaello-network.com/item_images/toftie-20064-p.jpg

Beuatiful ties all the same!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I am always on the lookout for TF bond ties. A bulk order is no longer an option but I stop in TFNY regularly and will always buy a Bond tie to offer here if I spot one. Good luck! Will keep you all posted after my visit tomorrow (closed today due to snow)
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    I thought I'd bring this thread to the top of the boards because I've seen and heard quite a bit of chatter lately about the Tom Ford ties featured in "Quantum of Solace." As they are well out of production and circulation, the demand for these has grown immensely. I've seen more than one pop up on eBay claiming to be one of the ties from the film when it is 100% not true. I posted a "buyer beware" in the eBay thread stickied at the top of this forum, but it may not be seen by all who are interested. A little research here, particularly THIS thread, will show which ties were actually used in the film, including swatches of the ties as well as actual TF style numbers, when available.

I'm just hoping anyone who is really interested in these ties will visit this site and do a little homework first before placing a $499 bid on a tie that is really worth $195 and has no association to the film whatsoever. I'm also hoping no one who is a member on this forum gets taken for a scam.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    Hi Craig,

I've replied to you on the ebay thread.

John
    I think I may have struck gold! Last weekend, my family took a trip to NYC for a short vacation. Along the way, we stopped by the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlet Mall to do some shopping. Woodbury Commons has the distinction of having the first (and so far only) Tom Ford outlet store in the world. Naturally, I went in to check it out. Lo and behold, I found this beauty in the tie section, which, as far as I can tell, is the Bolivia "champagne" tie from Quantum of Solace! Best of all, the price was less than half the full retail for a Tom Ford tie! I purchased it immediately, and it is now one of the prize possessions in my 007 collection. I only hope I can afford to add some more Tom Ford items to my wardrobe in the future.

If there are any Bond fans with an opportunity to check out Woodbury Commons, definitely do so! You may get lucky, just like I did! http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7

P1050970.jpg

P1050974.jpg

P1050981.jpg

P1050984.jpg

P1050988.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Looks pretty good to me - lucky bugger!!! :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Major thread resurrection. Do you happen to have a model number for the tie?
    BLU8 wrote:
    I think I may have struck gold! Last weekend, my family took a trip to NYC for a short vacation. Along the way, we stopped by the Woodbury Commons Premium Outlet Mall to do some shopping. Woodbury Commons has the distinction of having the first (and so far only) Tom Ford outlet store in the world. Naturally, I went in to check it out. Lo and behold, I found this beauty in the tie section, which, as far as I can tell, is the Bolivia "champagne" tie from Quantum of Solace! Best of all, the price was less than half the full retail for a Tom Ford tie! I purchased it immediately, and it is now one of the prize possessions in my 007 collection. I only hope I can afford to add some more Tom Ford items to my wardrobe in the future.

If there are any Bond fans with an opportunity to check out Woodbury Commons, definitely do so! You may get lucky, just like I did! http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7

P1050970.jpg

P1050974.jpg

P1050981.jpg

P1050984.jpg

P1050988.jpg
    96mn12: The main sticker on the tag has been covered up by the outlet's price sticker. The only product number that I can see is 8888102167, which is under the barcode & on the receipt.
    BLU8 wrote:
    96mn12: The main sticker on the tag has been covered up by the outlet's price sticker. The only product number that I can see is 8888102167, which is under the barcode & on the receipt.

Thank you, can you PM me the barcode?
    96mn12 wrote:
    BLU8 wrote:

Thank you, can you PM me the barcode?

I'm not sure I understand, but the number I posted is the barcode number, as well as the product number that is on the receipt. Are you referring to something else?
    My bad, didnt catch it at first. Thanks
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:
    My bad, didnt catch it at first. Thanks

Hey Guys any help would be appreciated, do you think either of these are the right ones for the Bolivia tie? Bought both but going to take one back, what do you reckon?

T2e_C16_ZHJGk_E9no8i_Ll_RBQ5b_V8u_Tg_60_57.jpg

T2e_C16_JHJIQE9q_UHr_Wn_MBQ5b_YNESng_60_12.jpg

T2e_C16_FHJHQE9nz_Ey_H_h_BQ5b_uop_Mg_60_57.jpg

ORRRR

T2e_C16d_HJH8_E9q_SEW80_UBQ4e_NPg_MNQ_60_3.jpg

T2e_C16d_HJH8_E9q_SEW80_UBQ4e_NPg_MNQ_60_3.jpg

KGr_Hq_F_hc_FC96_Y_M_k_BQ4e_NSh_PRQ_60_12.jpg