[TF Qos Tie(s) Order] DONE

Comments

• jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:
    The one on the left looks really nice
    Ross

Thanks

The store manager confirmed it is the same pattern as the bolivia tie, just different color. They also had one dark blue/black. Glad I didnt get it

Is it black and silver or black and white
    Ross which store was it
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    black and silver, it has a sheen and sparkle that sometimes makes it look deep blue. Its beautiful, stupidly delicate....

X-(
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:
    The one on the left looks really nice
    Ross

Thanks

The store manager confirmed it is the same pattern as the bolivia tie, just different color. They also had one dark blue/black. Glad I didnt get it

Can you PM me the store name/contact person? I may be interested in getting the blue/black one.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    96mn12 wrote:
    black and silver, it has a sheen and sparkle that sometimes makes it look deep blue. Its beautiful, stupidly delicate....

X-(

I have this tie (possibly) mine was called midnight blue, sort of looks black at certain angles, sounds like same tie.

It is indeed the same pattern as Bolivia, they released this tie in tons of colours (even red)

I have this tie in 3 variations:

1) QoS Bolivia
    2) QoS PTS (dark blue and black)
    3) Midnight Blue (like above)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:

X-(

I have this tie (possibly) mine was called midnight blue, sort of looks black at certain angles, sounds like same tie.

It is indeed the same pattern as Bolivia, they released this tie in tons of colours (even red)

1) QoS Bolivia

Yeah sounds like the same. I cant imagine this pattern in red, must look ugly as hell. The PTS has an awesome hue of blue. I saw another member's PTS, was definitely not black. The one at TF store where I bought mine didnt look like the PTS tie. It was black and very dark blue. From anything more than 3 ft it looked all black
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again.....

I do hope that these ties are part of the spring/summer 2013 line. Out of all the stuff out of Skyfall, that blue/black/grey tie he wears with the suit is by far my favorite Craig era tie. I would buy 3, one to keep in pristine condition, one to wear 5 times a week, and another one to replace #2 when it finally wears out.
    96mn12 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:

X-(

1) QoS Bolivia

Yeah sounds like the same. I cant imagine this pattern in red, must look ugly as hell. The PTS has an awesome hue of blue. I saw another member's PTS, was definitely not black. The one at TF store where I bought mine didnt look like the PTS tie. It was black and very dark blue. From anything more than 3 ft it looked all black

Yeah there are very dark blue variations of the PTS tie (and purple).
  • othertravelothertravel Posts: 437MI6 Agent
    Please give me good news. Is this a close approximation of the La Paz/Bolivia tie?

The top one has no flash, the second is with flash.

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg
    Looks very good to me {[]
    edited January 2013
    Please give me good news. Is this a close approximation of the La Paz/Bolivia tie?

The top one has no flash, the second is with flash.

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

Where you get it?

EDIT: love the pattern, and it was made in almost every possible color combination
    Should look brown and beige under normal light if the SA or variation one.

I think that one is brown / beige so looks like he might have bagged the correct one
    Thanks guys, I'm very happy about this find.

I went to Harry Rosen today and was looking at their clearance ties (from this past season) and they were all 50% off. Then I noticed the tie above and it was marked down to 70% off! I think it was old stock that was lying around. Either that, or somebody returned it after holding on to it with with all tags for 3 years.

Very similar situation to the gentleman above that found the QOS tie at the TF outlet.

I called Harry again to see if there were anymore left in the country, and there was none showing up on the system.
    we definitely get the shaft in the US....
    Well done mate - sounds like you must have got it dead cheap!!

Its my fave QoS tie, love mine
    Thanks guys; it's my first QOS tie and I was pretty happy about it.
    Hi guys,

Out of excitement I made another trip, and found some more old stock. It's the greyish version of the Bolivia tie (side-by-side pic). Would you consider this a decent find, or should I return it? (it was 50% off, and was confirmed as old stock).

Bolivia on right side.

Your opinions are appreciated!

IMG_0398.jpg
    You need a blue / black one for the PTS tie (intro car chase)

Do they have many Tom Ford ties??
    They had a bunch, including some cashmere blends, but these two were the only QOS-related ones.
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent

Sorry for keeping you all in the dark, but let me enlighten you with my purchase, I have read the comments and there was some trepidation when I was bidding for this tie, but the results have spoken for themselves, it is as close if not the same tie in my opinion, check it out:

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

This was taken with flash

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

Close up (no flash)

DSC_0186.jpg

The tie is the same width as the regular ties, in fact it is the same as the Kazan tie, likewise the material is a slightly heavier silk compared to other Tom Ford ties I own. Unfortunately I didn't get the tag to confirm if it is the same as the swatch provided when QOS came out.
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day

Looks good and certainly close enough. If I was ultra picky I would say it looks quite metallic looking in some pics but could be the light

Congrats {[]
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    $560????? Wow no offence bud but THAT IS MADNESS!
    Were you the high bidder?

I got a message from the seller after the auction saying he'd give me a 2nd chance to purchase the item. I asked for more pics before commiting, but he fell off the radar.

Either way, congrats on the purchase!
    Do you guys think I'd get decent bids on the grey version of the bolivia/pts tie? I'm not expecting $500, but since it's a variation of the actual tie(s) I wonder if I'd get some value out of it.
    Do you guys think I'd get decent bids on the grey version of the bolivia/pts tie? I'm not expecting $500, but since it's a variation of the actual tie(s) I wonder if I'd get some value out of it.

I don't think so pal, there's loads of variations of that tie (colour wise)
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Thanks guys, I'm very happy about this find.

I went to Harry Rosen today and was looking at their clearance ties (from this past season) and they were all 50% off. Then I noticed the tie above and it was marked down to 70% off! I think it was old stock that was lying around. Either that, or somebody returned it after holding on to it with with all tags for 3 years.

Very similar situation to the gentleman above that found the QOS tie at the TF outlet.

I called Harry again to see if there were anymore left in the country, and there was none showing up on the system.

othertravel: Which Harry Rosen store did you go to? Was it their flagship Bloor Street location in Toronto?

BTW, congrats on the awesome tie purchases! They look beautiful!
    Thanks bud.

It was at the Bloor location. They have a decent TF selection if you're interested.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:

But he didn't use YOUR money...

He used his own and in opting to buy, his own judgement.

Seems perfectly reasonable to allow him to do so.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:

Sorry for keeping you all in the dark, but let me enlighten you with my purchase, I have read the comments and there was some trepidation when I was bidding for this tie, but the results have spoken for themselves, it is as close if not the same tie in my opinion, check it out:

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

This was taken with flash

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

Close up (no flash)

DSC_0186.jpg

The tie is the same width as the regular ties, in fact it is the same as the Kazan tie, likewise the material is a slightly heavier silk compared to other Tom Ford ties I own. Unfortunately I didn't get the tag to confirm if it is the same as the swatch provided when QOS came out.

Suit looks good too!
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:

But he didn't use YOUR money...

He used his own and in opting to buy, his own judgement.

Seems perfectly reasonable to allow him to do so.

I will admit this is the most I have ever spent on a tie, but what a tie - I think it is testement that the scarcity of this tie would warrant a price like this (if not moreso).

Also I think Tout's Kazan ties have been advertised at twice this price on ebay.

Othertravel - I was the highest bidder.

Thanks David, Blu8 and Welshy for the comments - the tie matches in perfectly with the TF suit :)

I have added more photos onto my gallery, so check them out:

http://postimage.org/gallery/4of0rjhq/
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
    Thanks bud.

It was at the Bloor location. They have a decent TF selection if you're interested.

So is the second tie gray? Sent a PM