[TF Qos Tie(s) Order] DONE

Comments

• RANDRAND Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Here are some pictures of my Tom Ford ties.
    The tie to the left is the Kazan in black/midnight blue(It is hard to tell the difference!!)
    The other one is Brownish/Gold in colour.

Also a couple of shots of the PTS tie and a mix of three, the Bolivia tie is a Magnoli.

dur09.jpg

duXr0.jpg

2Zi0A.jpg

dvFkA.jpg
    Rand
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    pictures are really small!
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    The interesting thing is that there really is 1% difference betweent the brown and the black tie.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
    edited March 2010
    It is my first time posting pictures...I will try again later today.

I am glad that you can see the very small percentage difference between the black Kazan and the brown version.
    Rand
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    edited March 2010
    Just recieved another version of the Bolivia tie from tiedeals. It has TF code TFB66, the same as pictured in this swatch. Anyone know for sure if it is TFB66 or TFB65 that was used. The TFB66 is actually close in color to the magnoli version as well.

CSl2J.jpg
    Please don't get Magnoli's replica in here. He OBVIOUSLY did not do it from a swatch.
    Lol didn't mean to offend. Why don't you have Rand remove his photo while we are on the subject.

toutbrun wrote:
    Please don't get Magnoli's replica in here. He OBVIOUSLY did not do it from a swatch.
    edited March 2010
    These are the same ties but from several different angles, also these pics are a few sizes bigger than before!

bgeMS.jpg

bgXGr.jpg

Ckmur.jpg

CkNW0.jpg

Re' My last photo post; I only put the Magnoli Bolivia tie into the mix because I like the picture........and, I like the tie.
    Rand
    Nice photos Rand. I think the pts is my favorite of them all.
    The 2 first pictures don't work for me.
    much better, im 100% convinced this is correct PTS tie
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    im 100% convinced this is correct PTS tie

I second that! And I'll add that it is one pretty tie!!

And I definitely see the blue tones in the Kazan tie, especially when next to the brown version. I have another TF tie in Midnight, and the tones are very subtle. It looks black to the eye, but the blue is in there.
    I could not agree more Gentlemen. I am 100% sure that it is the PTS tie.
    Rand
    RAND wrote:
    These are the same ties but from several different angles, also these pics are a few sizes bigger than
    before!

bgeMS.jpg

bgXGr.jpg

[url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Rand, you don't have to explain why you put It up. I as being sarcastic to toutbruns response

Re' My last photo post; I only put the Magnoli Bolivia tie into the mix because I like the picture........and, I like the tie.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I want a Kazan tie! :#
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Yep, I'm happy that the PTS tie has been nailed.

Less happy about the 2 versions of the Kazan tie. I'm pretty sure I have the 'brownish' one, same as Toutbrun's pictures earlier in the thread. I thought it was the correct one, but not sure - Sruzgar, any view on Rand's 2 examples in terms of the SA version?

Bolivia tie - I thought TFB65 had been agreed? Richi717 - any pics of the tie in TFB66. Looks a bit pink from the swatch.
    Holden, I thought the swatch was pink as well but the tie is light gold and chocolate brown. I will post pics when I get home.
  • asd007asd007 Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    How close are we to placing an order?
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Let's be realistic - for all the efforts of everyone involved, there are only TWO which can 100% be GUARANTEED to be screen accurate: the London and Greene Planet ties which correspond to the swatches on officially-released Costume Cards.
    Right that's it...Im going upstairs to get under the covers and sob!!:))
    Let's be realistic - for all the efforts of everyone involved, there are only TWO which can 100% be GUARANTEED to be screen accurate: the London and Greene Planet ties which correspond to the swatches on officially-released Costume Cards.
    Rand
    I think my kazan tie purchased around the time of the movie is more brownish than blueish to the eye but as Mr Schofield said there have only been two that can be OFFICIALLY confirmed thanks to the costume cards.
    Oy, so which is the right Kazan tie
    edited March 2010
    There is a brown sheen in the scene ........

Pause the film just after Vespers boyfriend turns on the light and we see Bond.
    Rand
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    richi717 wrote:
    Holden, I thought the swatch was pink as well but the tie is light gold and chocolate brown. I will post pics when I get home.

The correct bolivia tie is a dark bronze and rich chocolate. Light gold is not correct.
    This is my kazan tie and I thnk its correct

eptU9.jpg
    richi717 wrote:

The correct bolivia tie is a dark bronze and rich chocolate. Light gold is not correct.

Okay, I have the right one anyhow, just making sure for everyone else.
    sruzgar wrote:
    This is my kazan tie and I thnk its correct

eptU9.jpg

That's Holden's picture.
    Thats MY picture that I took of MY tie with MY camera! X-(
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    ;% That IS Sruzgar's picture that he sent me of his tie (as I didn't have a swatch of it), which helped me enormously in getting my own one from TF Milan last year :x
    Not my own, just as swatches were not my own (but came from TF) :D