Autograph Reference Section

Comments

• PBBrosnanPBBrosnan Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    edited October 2012
    Hello, these are my first non-Bondstars paid autographs. They all come from bondcollectibles. I'd be happy to know your opinion about them, thanks a lot !

wg0006.th.jpgwg0005.th.jpgwg0004.th.jpgwg0003.th.jpg
    wg0002.th.jpgwg0001.th.jpg35988384.th.jpg89456836.th.jpg
    39712286.th.jpg55917892.th.jpg87812593.th.jpg12996822.th.jpg
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I found this autograph on a Dutch internet site. I was wondering if it is real because it looks nothing like the 2 I have of sir Roger (and I'm sure mine are real because I was there when Moore signed my 2 copies of My Word Is My Bond)

http://link.marktplaats.nl/604734566
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Bond SeamasterBond Seamaster SpainPosts: 19MI6 Agent
    Hi,
    I've got this book and I was told that it was signed by Daniel Craig. Is this autograph real or fake?
    Thanks for your help.

bondonsetsigned.jpg
    Hi,
    I've got this book and I was told that it was signed by Daniel Craig. Is this autograph real or fake?
    Thanks for your help.

bondonsetsigned.jpg

Anyone can help?
  • Louis GaraLouis Gara Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    From Skyfall İstanbul Premiere

NAOMI HARRIS & MICHAEL WILSON

james-bond-skyfall-naomi-harris-autograph-1.jpg

james-bond-skyfall-naomi-harris-autograph-2.jpg
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    Bond Seamaster, afraid that looks like a fake - you've been stung. :#
    Bond Seamaster, afraid that looks like a fake - you've been stung. :#

I was afraid so. :#

Thanks for the reply
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Hi,
    Thanks for your help.

bondonsetsigned.jpg

Anyone can help?

Sorry man, fake.

Here's my signed poster

EDIT: like someone said, DC used to sign his entire name. After CR, he only signs DC.

2012_11_04_21_13_19_962.jpg
  • SkociaSkocia GlasgowPosts: 28MI6 Agent
    Hi, just wondering what your opinions are of this Pierce Brosnan autograph. This guy seems to sell a lot of autographs and does have good feedback but it is ebay...........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330825996878?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
    Stop Getting Bond Wrong! !
    Im afraid I would say that Brosnan is a fake.

I have dealt with that ebay dealer before and I sent the item back (Esma Cannon Carry On autograph). He was happy to offer the refund.

But as a general rule, I would only for UACC and AFTAL approved dealers while on ebay. You have to be careful, but feel free to ask on here anytime! -{

Thanks for the reply. I thought it would be a fake but I'm nowhere near an expert :)
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    Obtained a few years ago, I've just added another entry to my autograph blog site, this time featuring the great George Baker:
    http://manuelbouw.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/george-baker.html
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • Dr. NowtDr. Nowt Eastern EnglandPosts: 21MI6 Agent
    Hi all. I've recently made some purchases from bondcollectibles and seem to find mixed feelings and opinions about them. I wondered if I post some pictures later today of the items I've bought would anyone be kind enough to give me their opinion on the authenticity of the signatures.

They were all bought through ebay and are of Joseph Wiseman, Gerd Frobe, Sam Mendes and Christopher Lee.
    Dr. Nowt wrote:
    Hi all. I've recently made some purchases from bondcollectibles and seem to find mixed feelings and opinions about them. I wondered if I post some pictures later today of the items I've bought would anyone be kind enough to give me their opinion on the authenticity of the signatures.

They were all bought through ebay and are of Joseph Wiseman, Gerd Frobe, Sam Mendes and Christopher Lee.

KGr_Hq_N_pc_FCpp_84_Jj_BQsl_JSZ4_g_60_12.jpg

KGr_Hq_V_is_FBsu_S_b_HBQsl_JYLM_g_60_3.jpg

T2e_C16d_HJGo_E9nu_Qg2_6_BQs_QZLMZU_60_35.jpg

T2e_C16d_HJGQE9no_Mb_UTYBQt_Kt_MTZ_60_12.jpg
    Hi Dr.Nowt,

Unfortunately it's always extremely hard to tell with bondcollectibles. My view is to stay well clear off his eBay sales (but that's just my opinion). I have caught him out selling several fakes and they were extremely good fakes, very hard to spot the difference.

The question you have to ask yourself is, why would he sell so many rare autographs (every week) for a low price? They are also the same photo shots every week, mostly always signed in sharpie and in the same place on a photo and more importantly on the same type of photo paper, my guess would be that most of your photos from him are on Kodak Endura paper? The likeliness of all these to be genuine, is extremely low. Otherwise, these stars would be signing 24/7 for bondcollectibles! And I can tell you that people like Akiko Wakabayashi, Mie Hama and Joseph Wiseman signed very few pieces for him and because they ended up seeing their autographs being sold by him on the Internet, they were extremely offended and ended up refusing to sign anything for anyone through the post and in most cases in person.

He sells Rik Van Nutter signed 8x10 bond photos every week and realistically there are probably a handful of bondshots ever signed by him. If he signed that easily when he was alive, every serious bond collector would have got him.

I have got testimonials from several stars like Irka Bochenko who have seen the photos he sells and she has told me that they haven't been signed by her and she certainly didn't do a private signing with them. Same thing with Dolores Keator.

So my opinion (and this is strictly my opinion, nothing to do with Ajb007) I would stay clear of the ones sold on eBay by him, if its too good to be true, it normally is!

Sorry to be the bearer of negative news, they might be genuine but because its so hard to tell, I wouldn't be able to pass judgement, i can only give my thoughts on bondcollectibles in general.

Hope this helps -{

Many thanks for your honest opinion. I asked bondcollectibles to layaway my purchases with the intention of getting more and saving on postage. Instead I have contacted him requesting a full refund for these items. Unfortunately, you confirmed my worst fears!
    Well, I emailed bondcollectibles last night stating that as I could not fully satisfy myslef that the autographs were genuine I would like a refund. Without comment or question full refunds were received.
  • TVwxGirlTVwxGirl Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    In response to the growing number of fake signatures currently online, legendary actor Grand L. Bush ("Licence To Kill," "Die Hard," "Lethal Weapon," "Colors") has autographed a limited number of 8X10 glossy images in gold oil-based ink for his fans. At this time, there are only 50 of these rare sigatures left. Each signature is authenticated. To inquire, send an email to SharonBush@me.com.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    It's merely a suggestion, but how about asking a mod to add your knowledge to the James Bond articles part of ajb? You seem to be well versed in autograph knowledge and i welcome any advice to help people avoid being scammed.

http://jamesbond.ajb007.co.uk/

Top marks for effort with helping people -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • SolexSolex Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    Wonderful thread!
    I wonder what to look for in an authentic autograph by Diana Rigg?
    What do you think of these? They're uploaded in full size for a closer look.

Sean Connery
    Sean_Connery.jpg

George Lazenby
    George_Lazenby.jpg

Roger Moore
    Roger_Moore.jpg

Timothy Dalton
    Timothy_Dalton.jpg

Pierce Brosnan & Desmond Llewelyn
    Pierce_Brosnan_Desmond_Llewelyn.jpg

Daniel Craig
    Daniel_Craig.jpg
    Dame Diana Rigg is brilliant at signing and she does sign through the mail. I will try and find the time to post mine when I get the chance when I get back home next week.

In the meantime if you find and your not sure, just post it on here with a link and I can have a look! :)

I was thinking about this one...

(scanned, not photographed)

SCAN2878.jpg
    I also have this Roger Moore autograph in his book "My Word is My Bond". Is it genuine?

IMG_0353.jpg
    Solex:

Both the Dame Diana Rigg and the Sir Roger Moore autographs are genuine.

Skocia:

The Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Llewelyn all look fine to me.

I am not 100% certain on the Brosnan and definitely not sure about the Craig but then again they both have signatures that can vary a lot! I would definitely get those checked out further. Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking?

Hope this helps -{

Thank you

The Brosnan/Llewelyn one was bought on an ebay auction from a seller in America. The COA is from Caps Snaps so I presume this is where the seller originally got it from. I have done a search for Caps Snaps and couldn't find any information about them. My uneducated opinion was that because the Brosnan was in a different colour of ink that it might make it more likely to be genuine though of course that could be another trick.

The Daniel Craig one was also from ebay. The story was that this came from the Skyfall premiere I think. The only thing I know is that I can definitely feel the ink lines on the photo. This one wasn't expensive, I think I won the auction for around £5. The ebay seller is no longer registered with ebay so no idea what the story is behind that though certainly doesn't do anything to convince me it's genuine.
    Solex:

Both the Dame Diana Rigg and the Sir Roger Moore autographs are genuine.

Skocia:

The Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton and Llewelyn all look fine to me.

I am not 100% certain on the Brosnan and definitely not sure about the Craig but then again they both have signatures that can vary a lot! I would definitely get those checked out further. Where did you get them if you don't mind me asking?

Hope this helps -{

Many thanks for your help! -{
  • LastRatStandingLastRatStanding ScotlandPosts: 296MI6 Agent
    Found an interesting collection on Ebay! I have no intentions on buying but just thought people would like to see this and perhaps give opinions! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40-x-James-Bond-007-Autographs-Signed-Photos-all-with-UACC-COAs-Skyfall-inc-/181075236033?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Autographs_CV&hash=item2a28ecd4c1
    Now, they only eat rat.
  • ausbondfanausbondfan Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    Hi guys.

I'm just curious about which people from the films are most common on the convention circuit (Therefore having the most common autograph to buy)

I hear Richard Kiel does a lot of them but who are some other common ones?
  • LastRatStandingLastRatStanding ScotlandPosts: 296MI6 Agent
    ausbondfan wrote:
    Hi guys.

I'm just curious about which people from the films are most common on the convention circuit (Therefore having the most common autograph to buy)

I hear Richard Kiel does a lot of them but who are some other common ones?

I'm not sure about the convention circuit but I see a lot of Caroline Munro who plays Naomi from TSWLM.
    Now, they only eat rat.
  • davrxdavrx Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello, just joined this site and would like to know who you'd suggest as a reputable dealer in autographs. I'm looking for autographed photos of Diana Rigg from OHMSS. I've read here that they should be AFTA or UACC registered dealers and I contacted star-shots on ebay as they claim to be a UACC member but I couldn't find them listed on the UACC site. They said they were originally a dealer but are now just a member. They said that the UACC no longer has autograph shows so there's no way to determine whether a member has authentic autographs or not. They said basically that all it means is that you pay dues to the UACC and there's no guarantee of authenticity but that they are a respected autograph dealer and other autograph dealers will vouch for them. Does anyone know if this is the case?
    Thnaks, David
  • tds123tds123 USAPosts: 34MI6 Agent
    edited March 2013
    Opinions on these two
    T2e_C16_V_UE9s3w_CPQLBRPMz_FW9_DQ_60_57.jpg