Bond Lifestyle Video Podcasts #38 is Up

Comments

• nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    Mantis

I look forward to your next podcast :p

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
  • PanachePanache xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPosts: 89MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

The host of the podcast lacks the personality to carry this off effectively!

While I agree with many of the points you make, I have to disagree with the above statement.

Mantis, you're a natural.

Brilliant job. Well done to all involved. -{

(Of course there is one small problem with the latest instalment, with a new slimmer, trimmer me I'll have to buy all the damn clothes again!!!)
  • toutbruntoutbrun Washington, USAPosts: 1,501MI6 Agent
    The Mantis, I know that you're not the manager of a GNC, but do you know why you take Whey protein? I usually take MASS XXX (GNC), which is a blend of protein and glucids.
    If you can't trust a Swiss banker, what's the world come to?
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    toutbrun wrote:
    The Mantis, I know that you're not the manager of a GNC, but do you know why you take Whey protein? I usually take MASS XXX (GNC), which is a blend of protein and glucids.

What are glucids?
    toutbrun wrote:

What are glucids?

Carbohydrates? Isn't that sugar?
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I actually take the whey protein without any sugars...mmmmm, glucids.
  • shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    A workout?! You mean sweating? Frankly Mantis, I think #3 should have focused on the energy burned by enjoying the Bond dining experience. You know, a couple of Vespers, scrambled eggs with caviar, toast points, all washed down with a bottle of Bollinger. Now that's what I call a workout! :))
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
  • InfernorhythmInfernorhythm Los AngelesPosts: 88MI6 Agent
    Hmm, for protein shakes, I like the Odwalla chocolate protein one. It's 33g of protein, not a lot of chemicals (I avoid those big gallon sized jugs of them, I've heard they are quite simply not healthy in the long run), and it tastes good. Hopefully that makes it a bit more bearable for you Dave.
    "You're both, what's the expression? Damaged goods."
    shaken66 wrote:
    A workout?! You mean sweating? Frankly Mantis, I think #3 should have focused on the energy burned by enjoying the Bond dining experience. You know, a couple of Vespers, scrambled eggs with caviar, toast points, all washed down with a bottle of Bollinger. Now that's what I call a workout! :))

Maybe he and his wife can replicate the train scene or their lunch after James Bond wins the poker game.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    edited March 2010
    With all this testesterone and protein flying around, I waiting for someone to propose an ajb beauty contest, faces and all? :D

You know you want to. :#
    With all this testesterone and protein flying around, I waiting for someone to propose an ajb beauty contest, faces and all? :D

You know you want to. :#
    I actually wouldn't be against that. I've been trying to compile a set of pictures of my workout plans for the last year.
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Oh my! Cheers!
  • nms75nms75 United KingdomPosts: 1,233MI6 Agent
    David

Just seen your latest video - ended up raiding the drinks cabinet after watching it! :))

Is that your good lady wife in the vid?

NMS
    A sense of humour is no laughing matter!
    It is my wife...she was gracious enuf to be a taster...!
  • 007 and a half007 and a half LondonPosts: 595MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    It is my wife...she was gracious enuf to be a taster...!

Do you ever paint her gold?
  • Double-0-7Double-0-7 Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    What a delicious topic, thanks DZ!
    Paint her gold? That's podcast #8
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    Those are great! Fun, entertaining and informative. Thanks for taking the time to do that!
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    I liked Joe Darlington's drink making podcast. Very cool! The Bond look for less was also good. Love the Alfani shirt! Great work David!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    Thanks once again David, that was great. I haven't had a Martini in quite a while (a personal "Bond disgrace!") and I got quite thirsty watching this latest chapter!

I'm looking forward to getting back to my Martini set in Boston in a couple of days! :)

Maybe at your next get together you can have a Vesper/Bond cocktail contest! I laughed out loud when you mentioned the line I posted a while back about the "Stunt Martini!" :))

Please keep wearing a different Bond outfit for each podcast - it's a great touch! Looking forward to seeing your Goldfinger suit in action at some point! {[]
  • Monza860Monza860 USPosts: 501MI6 Agent
    I know what you mean, I haven't had a Martini since, well can't remember. I try to keep a strict diet and Martini's are so high in calories!
    Away at Boot Camp, won't be back until April the earliest.

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj258/monza860/
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    David. Very much enjoyed podcast #4. You were very much "in character" again with the Madagascar shirt, Planet Ocean and even your very own Bond girl this time. Well done once again.
    "I musht be dreaming."
    Very cool! If I had one small complaint, it's the transitions between cuts, it seemed to cut off Joe a few times. Beyond that, great installment. Ah, if only my peers in college knew how to drink like Bond.
    I agree about the transitions...but I had to edit quite a bit since there is a FULL scale version of the cocktails by Bond coming out in a few weeks. Nearly 40 mins long with NO awkward cuts and much more terrific info from Joe...-{
    The Mantis wrote:
    I agree about the transitions...but I had to edit quite a bit since there is a FULL scale version of the cocktails by Bond coming out in a few weeks. Nearly 40 mins long with NO awkward cuts and much more terrific info from Joe...-{

Are the cuts because you have like a 30sec frame on your photo-camera in video mode?
  • shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
    Mantis, the sacrifice you are making in the name of all members will never be forgotten! I salute you!! {[]
    "How did he die?"
    "Your contact?" "Not well."
    The Mantis, can you tell me what are the buttons of the TF cardigan made of? I can't figure out how it's spelled in the video. Old french canadian reflex...
    OK, #5 is up...if you haven't subscribed, please do....it will alert you when new videos are up.

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/index_video_podcast.php?m=video_podcast