Bond Lifestyle Video Podcasts #38 is Up

Comments

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Thanks! Will post here when new ones are online.
    Just in time for Halloween...#30 is up...it's a good one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CSMc6Dcs2c
    hp_video_podcast_30.jpg
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Just in time for Halloween...#30 is up...it's a good one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CSMc6Dcs2c

Thanks for posting it!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Good to see you guys having fun -{ :D
    Thanks, Pete...it was fun...pure nonsense, always good for the soul!
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Cool video! It looks like everyone was having a great time. The Xenia Onatopp re-enactment was hilarious!
    Where are all the car keys Dave :v :D
    I think they collected them BEFORE we boarded the cruise...
    :D so how did you know :o
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Love the Vulcan Bomber costume and of course your costume (Fred Perry, white trunks). Looks like it was great fun!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    Thanks, DG!
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Mantis or anyone else that might be able to answer. What book is shown in the video around 11:09 with the OHMSS girls?

This looks like one crazy cruise party. Dressing up like Bond characters, gambling with real money, and site visits. Maybe next time I'll join up.
    "Better late than never."
  • pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
    Mrs. Bell was a hoot! Even had the lines down pat. :))
    Pyrat
    Reflections in a double bourbon...
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:
    Mantis or anyone else that might be able to answer. What book is shown in the video around 11:09 with the OHMSS girls?

This looks like one crazy cruise party. Dressing up like Bond characters, gambling with real money, and site visits. Maybe next time I'll join up.

From my memory it was Graham ryes excellent James bond girls
    http://www.amazon.com/James-Bond-Girls-Graham-Rye/dp/0806519584

We were comparing the pic of ruby with our mad German....

And you really should.... There may he another one just around the corner...
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    As already stated, the book is The James Bond Girls by Graham Rye however it was the 4th edition. The link will take you to an earlier edition. The images briefly shown were by photographer Terry O'Neil taken at Leavesden Studios prior to production on Goldeneye.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:
    SilentSpy wrote:

ppw3o6r wrote:
    As already stated, the book is The James Bond Girls by Graham Rye however it was the 4th edition. The link will take you to an earlier edition. The images briefly shown were by photographer Terry O'Neil taken at Leavesden Studios prior to production on Goldeneye.

Thanks guys. I think I have a hardcover of the book packed away somewhere. I just can't remember those images.
    "Better late than never."
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    SilentSpy wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    SilentSpy wrote:

ppw3o6r wrote:

Thanks guys. I think I have a hardcover of the book packed away somewhere. I just can't remember those images.

As ever PPW is spot on - it's a different version from the one I hurridly pointed to...

But I hadn't realized they were by Terry oneil so thx PPW...
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    That was incredible! Sooo jealous!
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    Hullo all.

David, amazing stuff as always, I may not be a fan of the Tom Ford label as an exclusive for Bond - but I can't deny the clothes and the man himself have style. They would look awful on me (think of a cross between Drax and Poirot,) but the quality is there in the clothes. On top of that this pod had a deeper backstory from what you told us before it was up and shows Mr F, is a gracious host. I was laughing at your comments about his photoshoot tips, because the man knows his subject. Its a trick I have used once or twice myself. If you as the subject look captivated, it makes the pic captivating, even if the audience isn't sure why!

The party pod - , everyone looks great, but for Gods sake find Mrs Bleaker an agent!! The moment she spoke the lines I fell off my chair in hysterics, she is brilliant! As for Vesper in the red dress, she was lovely for other reasons.

Fantastic stuff, you spoil us. More please!! :D
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Thanks for the kind words, they mean a great deal to me. And yes, Mrs Bleaker is a gem...she had us rolling!
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Well done. Very enjoyable!

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
    Thank you sir!
  • oscar rubiooscar rubio Madrid (Spain)Posts: 286MI6 Agent
    David, very good video podcast.
    I love them all, I'm a big fan of James Bond, and yours.
    congratulations
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Now that's more my thing, David.

As a big cigar smoker myself, really enjoyed this one. All those spring and summer evenings sat out with a glass of bourbon (Bond-brand, of course)... Good times, good conversation.

My cigar brand is Arturo Fuente; thanks, Raymond Benson - the cigars smoked by JB in THE FACTS OF DEATH.

Got some for Xmas to go with Old Grandad and Bakers (from Deaver's CARTE BLANCHE). Trouble is, I'll be in my damn garage: the wife doesn't even let me smoke in our garden wet room.... :(
    Watch that bucket of petrol in the garage! You are more than welocme to stop by for a smoke anything...just a short hop across the pond.
  • mpoplawskimpoplawski New Jersey, USAPosts: 128MI6 Agent
    The podcast #32 looks great. David, I think you are getting better, or maybe it is your camera man (girl).

To all: I was at the gathering and it was a lot of fun and very well done. David makes it look easy. Maybe that is a subject for a future podcast - how to organize a small party that Bond would enjoy attending. This was my second and it was nice to see some of the same faces and to trade stories. Of course, the 007 "museum" easily entertained without any support needed by David. The activities of the poker game and the cigars on the "veranda" were just right to bring new interests to people and to spur converstation.

Again...smartly done.
    Bond: "But who would want to kill me, sir?"
    M: "Jealous husbands, outraged chefs, humiliated tailors . . . the list is endless."
  • FatsnbulFatsnbul Prospect, KentuckyPosts: 79MI6 Agent
    David, I love all your podcasts. How about a Targeting Bond winter edition or a Kohl's Bond ???
    Actually, one of the next podcasts will probably be an updated frugal Boond...wish we had more pix from SkyFall because I would do one based on the new film...