Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Freida Pinto's name has been bandied about before; but since this comes from The Mirror, there may be a bit more credibility to the story. I also like the idea of Olivia Wilde (yum!), but if this story is true, they're giving a LOT of info away--why tell us NOW that Olivia will be the traitor? I'm also cringing at the line, "Sam [Mendes] plans to reinvent the genre." To paraphrase an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't reinvent it!"

Anyway, VESPER65, thanks for posting. Let's see how this all develops. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    The Daily Mail is running it too, but really neither are exactly credible sources, The Mirror esp. I have long taken the view that both the producers and the tabloids enter an unholy alliance where duff stories are allowed to go out in return for free publicity, like the long run up to Xmas.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Barry NelsonBarry Nelson ChicagoPosts: 1,508MI6 Agent
    Rumor season has begun. Frieda Pinto is a very pretty girl, my only concern is that women from her background tend to very reserved as far what they will do on screen of a sexual nature. If she is willing to be a typical Bond girl I am all for it. Then again, with the lack of eroticism in the Craig films, maybe it doesn't matter. As far as Olivia Wilde, all I know about her is she looks nice.

On another note, the MGM Studio sale apparently was disappointing as the size of the bids were less than the studio was hoping for. Studio executives say they may have to come up with a different plan. Not sure if this will delay production, but I don't think it is good.
  • Mortimer_McGeeMortimer_McGee Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    On another note, the MGM Studio sale apparently was disappointing as the size of the bids were less than the studio was hoping for. Studio executives say they may have to come up with a different plan. Not sure if this will delay production, but I don't think it is good.

It's also not a good sign for those of us still waiting for the remaining Bond films to come out on Blu-Ray (which look great, by the way). Still 9 films to go and no apparent signs that they are working on them. There were announcements in late 2008/early 2009 regarding the release of a few of the remaining Bonds not on Blu-Ray. Goldeneye & The Spy Who Loved Me are two I remember specifically mentioned. Once they started looking for bids on their company, it seems much of their planned home video releases were indefinitely postponed, especially in regards to their catalog titles.

With the March 19 deadline for bids not going as they had hoped, it seems as though we'll be waiting even longer for the remaining 9 films to make their way to Blu-Ray.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,621Chief of Staff
    I have long taken the view that both the producers and the tabloids enter an unholy alliance where duff stories are allowed to go out in return for free publicity, like the long run up to Xmas.

I with you NP on that !

Nothing like a bit of free publicity - it usually helps all involved....it gets people talking about the films, the actors, the directors, the writers, etc. Plus it helps to fill the paper with great pictures of sexy looking women :))

I regard these stories a bit like football transfer gossip (this side of the pond) - I only believe it when I see them holding up the shirt of their new team ;)
    YNWA 97
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I have long taken the view that both the producers and the tabloids enter an unholy alliance where duff stories are allowed to go out in return for free publicity, like the long run up to Xmas.

I with you NP on that !

Nothing like a bit of free publicity - it usually helps all involved....it gets people talking about the films, the actors, the directors, the writers, etc. Plus it helps to fill the paper with great pictures of sexy looking women :))

I regard these stories a bit like football transfer gossip (this side of the pond) - I only believe it when I see them holding up the shirt of their new team ;)

A solid theory. I concur.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,814MI6 Agent
    It's just a rumour so far, but the only thing that's completely unlikely is idea of filming in Kabul.
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    There's a lot of film crews in Kabul at the moment, and security is very good out there. I don't see a few clips for realism being a problem, and it's pretty topical.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • John DrakeJohn Drake On assignmentPosts: 2,564MI6 Agent
    Is it really going to be Mendes? Well at least he won't bring Kate Winslet on board now. How long before they rerun the old Sean Connery will cameo story? Or start talking about how this time the Bond girls will be strong women? I swear they rerun the same old stories and just change the names of those involved.
    edited March 2010
    A member of a Norwegian Bond Forum twittered with Olivia Wilde and the actress said she isn't interested in staring in a Bond movie and the rumour probably started because she is making another movie with Craig.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    That would be the film "Cowboys and Aliens" which is Craig's next project after "Dream House". After he is done with those it looks like he clear to focus on Bond 23.
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    I'm casting my vote for Diane Kruger, I hope she is mentioned at some point!
    If they are really casting a blonde actress to play a UN-worker, I 'd like to see Maria Bonnevie rather than Olivia Wilde anyway. sje's just more beautifull and most likely a better actress:

http://www.expressen.se/polopoly_fs/1.1178209!slot100slotWide75ArticleFull/3447786819.jpg
    Yeah, she looks like a UN worker, that's for sure. And I bet she's vegetarian and drives and Toyota Prius.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

She may very well drive Prius (that's high-risk behaviour now, don't you know?) and eat vegan as far as I know. I'm confused - was your post praise or critizism of miss Bonnevie? ?:)

Just in case, here are two other pictures where she doesn't look like a UN-worker (or does she ..:D)

http://images.allocine.fr/medias/nmedia/18/35/06/62/p3.jpg

http://www.dagsavisen.no/multimedia/archive/00034/70a1-24_34040q.jpg
    Number24 wrote:
    She may very well drive Prius (that's high-risk behaviour now, don't you know?) and eat vegan as far as I know. I'm confused - was your post praise or critizism of miss Bonnevie? ?:)

Just in case, here are two other pictures where she doesn't look like a UN-worker (or does she ..:D)

http://images.allocine.fr/medias/nmedia/18/35/06/62/p3.jpg

http://www.dagsavisen.no/multimedia/archive/00034/70a1-24_34040q.jpg

I was being flippant. In my experience most UN aid workers are green and vegetarian. Precisely the type of women Fleming's Bond would be too bored of to persue. I'm sure she's a lovely girl though. :)

I know ;)

Like most steriotypes I'm guessing there is something to it but there are allways exeptions.
    Anyway: prettier and a better actress - Go Maria Bonnevie!
  • Fjörden VokerFjörden Voker Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello Everyone,
    I just saw a report in a magazine that hopefully they will choose Carice Van Hooten as the Bond Girl of Bond 23. Hopefully they do :x
    Best Wishes :)
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Hello Everyone,
    I just saw a report in a magazine that hopefully they will choose Carice Van Hooten as the Bond Girl of Bond 23. Hopefully they do :x
    Best Wishes :)
    What magazine was that in? That'd be a cool bit of casting. :)
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I know her acting may not be the the best - but Adele Silva sure is a really gorgeous woman!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

adelesilva10.jpg
    adelesilva3.jpg
    adelesilva2.jpg
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Never heard of her, but, yep, she's hot!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Never heard of her, but, yep, she's hot!

Good man Hardy, you clearly have good taste in women just like me! :))

Adele was best known for her part in the British soap opera 'Emmerdale' (which she left around 3-4yrs ago.) She isn't a huge 'star' but does crop up on the oddd TV show now & again.

She's actually over in the US at present (I think the acting work has dried up by the looks of it according to the given article.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1259322/Former-Emmerdale-pin-Adele-Silva-heads-Hollywood--finds-work-shop-assistant.html
    After watching 'Open Water', I would love to see Blanchard Ryan as a Bondgirl - she's totally stunning!! :o :x :x :x :x :x :x

blanchardryan.jpg
    blanchardryan338177.jpg
    blanchardryan338178.jpg
  • ClarkeyClarkey FrancePosts: 32MI6 Agent
    Waow ! This one looks pretty good...I'm in love !

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/54000/Daniel-Craig-54423.jpg

:))
    Tina Hobley - she is absolutely GORGEOUS! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :p :o :p :x :x

article101640300fffa4f0.jpg
    mp0017311.jpg
    tinahobleyw.jpg
    After watching 'Open Water', I would love to see Blanchard Ryan as a Bondgirl - she's totally stunning!! :o :x :x :x :x :x :x

blanchardryan.jpg
    blanchardryan338177.jpg
    blanchardryan338178.jpg

Yes. And she gets her norks out in Open Water, which was obviously the best part of that film. :D

Yes. And she gets her norks out in Open Water, which was obviously the best part of that film. :D

:)) :))
    She looks fine. But in my opinion she doesn´t look stunning or striking, like a Bond girl should. If you want a tall and beautiful blonde who also can act, Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Gallactica is a good choise.
    Number24 wrote:
    She looks fine. But in my opinion she doesn´t look stunning or striking, like a Bond girl should. If you want a tall and beautiful blonde who also can act, Tricia Helfer from Battlestar Gallactica is a good choise.

Which woman are you referring to?

I prefer Tina Hobley to Blanchard Ryan but Tina can't act to save herself really - she's only good for eye candy!! :)) ;)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Tricia Helfer is stunning...she was great in Battlestar Galactica, and also very good in a season-long arc of the TV show Burn Notice...if she were a bit younger, she'd be my first choice to play Greta Vincennes if Blood & Ashes makes it to the big screen :x
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM