GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• cdmackaycdmackay Cambridge, UKPosts: 39MI6 Agent
    is it me or does the am book in the leaflet and on the web look like a hardback book the leaflet shows a white band
    at the bottom of the book that looks like a dust cover the one ive got both? are paper back with a blue band at the bottom .

The AM book I received is hardback.
    Has anyone else received Issues 4--7 complete but without a gift?

I've just had 4--7, with parts sheet 4, but no screwbox, no other gift. My account shows that I should have received the screwbox.

Is it sent separately or in the same pkg?
  • brogusbluebrogusblue Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    I am still waiting for my delivery of 4-7 paid direct debit on 3rd the order was send to warehouse on the 11th but still no delivery date, rang today i have to wait until the 6th march and too see if they arrive, i have another direct debit coming out tomorrow for 8-11.. So at the moment i am not happy ..
    My online account doesn't even show the second payment, at least on some screens.

According to Paypal, my 2nd payment was taken 12th Feb, and the pkg arrived sometime between the 14th--19th.
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    cdmackay wrote:

I've just had 4--7, with parts sheet 4, but no screwbox, no other gift. My account shows that I should have received the screwbox.

Mines was with the package... -{ :007)
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    Received the second shipment today, screw box included, all in tip-top shape!

I had a look at those instruction pdfs the other day and am absolutely aching to get building. Next summer is a looong way away.
  • grandb3rrygrandb3rry Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    edited February 2011
    22nd August 2012 it is then...
    thanks all, re screwbox.

This sounds silly, but would someone please post a pic of the screwbox? Perhaps I have it lying here amongst the mess and I just can't see it... :)

thanks much.
  • Michael CorbenMichael Corben Leicester, UKPosts: 31MI6 Agent
    Not quite sure how you did your calculations Grandb3rry but my last DD payment is due on the 7th August 2012 for issues 84 & 85. Hopefully, those parts will be delivered by the end of August and I will have started building long before then.
    cdmackay wrote:
    thanks all, re screwbox.

This sounds silly, but would someone please post a pic of the screwbox? Perhaps I have it lying here amongst the mess and I just can't see it... :)

thanks much.
    SDC10761.jpg

Although not very big at 6.5" x 5" and wrapped in a clear polythene bag, I don't think you would miss it if you have it.
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    grandb3rry wrote:
    This is a break up in months i did today while commuting back home. It looks like the final round is in October next year. Unless they decide to extend it even further. Lol
    In principle we all should have our cars ready for next Christmas. I'd be inclined to take it for a ride even hehe :)

October 2012!! Whoa!! Longer than I thought. It would be nice if there was an option to get maybe 6 issues a month instead of 4, speed things up a bit.
    thanks for the pic, Michael; you're right, I don't think I could have missed that :)
    Not quite sure how you did your calculations Grandb3rry but my last DD payment is due on the 7th August 2012 for issues 84 & 85. Hopefully, those parts will be delivered by the end of August and I will have started building long before then.

Well as you can see it is very simple, if we get 4 issue each month....break into months with 4 issues for each month...this is what you'd get... Perhaps GE Fabbri is still charging on 75 issues basis?? I have to say the whole thing is a bit of a mess!
    Isn't beacause you pay month in adavance i have had 2 payments go out this month and then monthly afterwards?
    edited February 2011
    grandb3rry wrote:
    Well as you can see it is very simple, if we get 4 issue each month....break into months with 4 issues for each month...this is what you'd get... Perhaps GE Fabbri is still charging on 75 issues basis?? I have to say the whole thing is a bit of a mess!

It is actually 4 issues every 4 weeks not each month. That makes 13 deliveries over a 12 month period which means we will shave a month or so off your total.

If you count the weeks, issue 85 should go on sale at newsagents on Wednesday 22nd August 2012.
  • hamilton151hamilton151 Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    grandb3rry wrote:

Did you not complain about people coming on here and talking nonsense?

There are 52 weeks in a year, every year. :p
    That was a bit silly of me must admit. I had this list off somewhere and all i did was break it into months as i thought we we getting 4 issues every month. Perhaps it is because i havent received any parts from ge fabbri as of yet.
    Regarding the number plate

An observation and a little info for those who have not opened their packs.

I opened the packs to check the items, and noticed a scratch on the number plate which was not visible whilst in the pack, I have reordered a new one, I decided to do a few tests with the plate I had and take a closer look. The white plate which reads LU 6789 is just a sticker that is stuck onto the plastic, it is not totally flat, it has a raised part in the middle so if you rub the sticker to make it completely flat then this raised part becomes visible. On the plate that reads 4711-EA-62 I noticed a tiny bit of paint missing in the corner of the "A" so I gave it a little rub with my nail and the paint came off very easily. This is not having a go at GE but a warning to others that they should be very careful with the nuber plate and treat it with kid gloves.

Also an observation, I always thought this was the front number plate so correct me if I am wrong but the plate that reads LU 6789, in the film on the front plate it has only that but on the back plate it has the badges, on www.007db5.com the picture they show the back plate has no badges which is not the case in the film (or on the real car). Think they may have got this mixed up, hopefully the plates can fit both front and back so I can switch them around.
  • HighlanderHighlander GlasgowPosts: 3MI6 Agent
    Hi just found this sire, as far as i can tell the parts are die cast metal. have got the first few parts only another 70 0dd to go lol. if any of our overseas cousins wish to have this model prebuilt or in parts lets me know
    HI all
    Although you get 4 parts per mnth, the parts you get are not in order, you may get the grill in part one but would not ba able to assemble till you get to part 25, this is an example only lol.
    Dokk wrote:
    cdmackay wrote:

So Was Mine
    screwbox: I've emailed GEF. No reply as yet.
    At last my parts mags and screwbox arrived this afternoon .. No damage very pleased gives me something to do over the weekend like painting the weapons tray
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    edited February 2011
    Highlander wrote:
    Dokk wrote:
    cdmackay wrote:

So Was Mine

Hi HIGHLANDER..Nice to see someone else from my part of the world on site....Welcome -{ :007)
    Dokk wrote:
    Highlander wrote:
    Dokk wrote:

So Was Mine

Hi HIGHLANDER..Nice to see someone else from my part of the world on site....Welcome -{ :007)

You also from Glasgow? I am actually from Dumbarton but have been living in Denmark for the last 10 years. My subscription gets sent to Denmark via Dumbarton :007)

Nice to see fellow Scots on here -{
    Nice to see fellow Scots on here -{

right! :)
  • rockwellcmrockwellcm Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    CAMMY wrote:
    not sure if this has been mentioned before but what i have noticed is that the new run for 2011,all the issues have the part numbers on the packageing but the test run in 2010 didn't,also the weapons drawer in 2011 ,the guns come separately from the drawer,but in the test run they didn,t(does anyone know if they can come out as i haven't opened mine yet)
    i subscribed in 2010 for the test run and kept my subscription going but i have ordered the new run from 2011 from my local wh smith

Total Rubbish ,the parts are removable from the gun tray on the first run,a quick phone call confirmed that the parts are the same on both runs,the reason people are getting damaged new subscriptions is they are repackaged returns.
    the magazines may differ,but on the first issue of the original run the leaflet parts are all mixed up then.
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    just had issues 5 and 7, so i now have 1,2,5 and 7 !!! ( strange order i know !!!!! )

rockwellcm - i still have the gun drawer from the first run and the parts are moulded not removeable.
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    also my issue 7 is different from the one showing on the mysubscriptionhelp.com website, in the back issues bit !!!

help anyone ?????
  • CAMMYCAMMY Fife,ScotlandPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    rockwellcm wrote:
    CAMMY wrote:
    not sure if this has been mentioned before but what i have noticed is that the new run for 2011,all the issues have the part numbers on the packageing but the test run in 2010 didn't,also the weapons drawer in 2011 ,the guns come separately from the drawer,but in the test run they didn,t(does anyone know if they can come out as i haven't opened mine yet)
    i subscribed in 2010 for the test run and kept my subscription going but i have ordered the new run from 2011 from my local wh smith

Total Rubbish ,the parts are removable from the gun tray on the first run,a quick phone call confirmed that the parts are the same on both runs,the reason people are getting damaged new subscriptions is they are repackaged returns.
    the magazines may differ,but on the first issue of the original run the leaflet parts are all mixed up then.
    what do you mean TOTAL RUBBISH if you read all my post I was asking if anyone new if the weapons tray on the first run came out as I haven,t opened mine yet.not sure what you mean by people getting repackaged returns also your quick phone call confirmed the parts are all the same?what about the tyres being replaced then