GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• TechkatTechkat Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Hi

Has anybody had problems creating their account after subscribing? I've checked my spam filter but don't seem to be getting any mails?

Thanks
  • cdmackaycdmackay Cambridge, UKPosts: 39MI6 Agent
    I found the emails in my Spam folder. they're atriociously formatted, which hits all sort of bells in spam checkers. And they're sent via a mail relay [193.253.11.20] that is listed in many Blacklists, and has no reverse DNS entry. Hopeless.

Subject: Confirmation/activation of your account

so you might want to add that sender to your whitelist, if you can.
  • Michael CorbenMichael Corben Leicester, UKPosts: 31MI6 Agent
    It looks like the free gift order has been changed. The screwbox is being sent out next with issues 4-7 instead of the binder. Not that it matters which order with get anything in really.
  • talio123talio123 Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    hi everyone, i'm new to this forum.

i have to say the quality of the parts is very good, i'm amazed at how big it is going to be! i have never collected anything like this before but it caught my eye and i honestly can't wait until i have completed it, i'll be waiiting until i have all the pieces though and then i'll start :)

does anyone know if they will be doing a nice little stand for it? i dont want my little one getting her hands on it lol!!

also has anyone else received parts identification list one yet? i had 2 and 3 with issues 2 and 3.

my next gft is due to be the screwbox aswell although it did say i was due to get the book binder.
    talio123 wrote:
    i'll be waiiting until i have all the pieces though and then i'll start :)

I'm opening the packs to check the pieces but doubt I'll start building until much later on.
    talio123 wrote:
    does anyone know if they will be doing a nice little stand for it? i dont want my little one getting her hands on it lol!!

There has been talk on Facebook that GE Fabbri may make a stand/case but no decision has been made yet
    talio123 wrote:
    also has anyone else received parts identification list one yet? i had 2 and 3 with issues 2 and 3.
    Do you mean the blueprints? With issues 1-3 you should have blueprints 1of4, 2of4 and 3of4. You should call the help line if 1 it is missing. I had "Introducing the model" missing from my first delivery but as I had already bought issue 1, it didn't really matter.
    talio123 wrote:
    my next gft is due to be the screwbox aswell although it did say i was due to get the book binder.
    I checked my account yesterday and the binder was listed for despatch, then someone on Facebook mentioned their free gift had been changed and when I looked again, mine had been changed too.
    My first delivery came with Parts Identifications Sheets 2 & 3 (of 4), and a note saying that Parts Sheet 1 would come with a later delivery, owing to stock problems.
    ahh right okay. i had a note in there just talking about the next issues, i have emailed them though so hopefully they will fix that problem. it could just be stock issues though...

something tells me the stand will be a few quid...

how much do we think this model will be worth in the future, or will it not be worth much due to the fact we have built it ourselves,

one thing that is exciting me though is building the engine!! first few bits to arrive next week :)
    talio123 wrote:
    ahh right okay. i had a note in there just talking about the next issues, i have emailed them though so hopefully they will fix that problem. it could just be stock issues though...

something tells me the stand will be a few quid...

how much do we think this model will be worth in the future, or will it not be worth much due to the fact we have built it ourselves,

one thing that is exciting me though is building the engine!! first few bits to arrive next week :)
    I don't think the fact we will have built it ourselves should affect the future value. It is not as if we are having to glue and paint like other partwork kits. I bet you will find models on eBay with a price tag of at least £2k. I have contemplated a second kit as an investment.
    i'll be keeping hold of mine until i'm grey and old then, help fund my retirement lol!
  • grandb3rrygrandb3rry Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    Hi Chaps! I'm new too, though was watching this thread for quiet a while now :)

First of all, what a magnificent piece of art this model is! I know it had a fair share of negativity about it, but up until issue 4 I'm impressed with the quality of parts. Even engine cylinder block is made out of die-cast...can't wait until the end of series!

I haven't subscribed yet as feeling a bit unsure of the final outcome (damaged items, calling helpline for replacements, scuffed gifts etc.) I consider myself a total perfectionist so imagine how distressed I'd be if I get something damaged....I know...I know that you can order a replacement and apart of them having to charge us for the call to DB5 helpline, who gives us a warranty that a replacement part won't get damaged as well? So I'm holding off for now...despite free gifts and chance of winning a watch..

So what I do for now is buy parts from newsagents, well WHSmith and Asda that is. Although stocks are very limited so often have to dash around places to find them.

Few questions I have had since the start of build-up series...hope no-one has asked them yet :)
    Will the parts be available in the shops throughout the entire DB5 run and until the end? As I heard someone saying they will stop stocking the parts in shops and newsagents after 6-7 issues..
    Oh.. fiddle sticks... I forgot my next question...no I'm not an old fart in case you're wondering :) oh well it can wait until next post then I guess :))

Anyways I'm buying two sets, one for myself and one for investment so to speak.
  • MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    edited February 2011
    You can Subscribe at any Newsagants, and pay for the mag weekly £6.99. As long as you go into any newsagents and do subscribe you'll get every issue weekly.
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"
    Markbr wrote:
    You can Subscribe at any Newsagants, and pay for the mag weekly £6.99. As long as you go into any newsagents and do subscribe you'll get every issue weekly.

Thanks for your reply. Lets say if one doesn't subscribe and still wants to buy them from WHSmith or Asda for example, will they be available till the end? Or is a subscribe path the only way to get hold of future issues? I'm very curious to find out.

Cheerio! :)
    grandb3rry wrote:
    Markbr wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Lets say if one doesn't subscribe and still wants to buy them from WHSmith or Asda for example, will they be available till the end? Or is a subscribe path the only way to get hold of future issues? I'm very curious to find out.

I understand where you are coming from...I think the newsagent will keep supplying those customers who have ordered the magazine with them but they may stop having a few spares for the shelf. However, because you have mentioned WH Smith and Asda, who I believe to be the official stockist, then maybe they will continue to put copies up on the shelf knowing they can return unsold copies.

You are probably just like me when buying stuff, you take one from the back which no one else has touched, examine it closely, have a look at a few other just in case they are better. Haha! Just like me! :))
    Just to note: my first postal delivery was flawless, not a problem anywhere. That's not a guarantee, of course...
    News regarding the next delivery of issues 4-7 from 007DB5 on Facebook

"Hi everyone, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control we will be posting out issues 4,5,6 & 7 on Monday and Tuesday next week. Clearly there have been a lot of problems with Royal Mail, though a majority of you all should receive your next package in about a week.

In other news - we have changed the order of the subscription gifts, so the next gift you will receive will be the screw box".
    I'd be inclined to either order it from your newsagent or from whsmiths if you're not intending to subscribe. I've often noticed that with partworks they seem to disappear from the shelves after a few weeks after the initial launch - I guess after this time they don't have enough folks buying them regularly to justify the shelf space. WH have an ordering service where they will keep it for you fro a couple of weeks ...

I'm not so sure that ordering from newsagents is any guarantee of not ending up with faulty parts and perhaps even more hassle ...

For me the guarantee of parts available until the end and the fact that damaged books etc already seem to be being replaced in line with what they have stated makes me think they are fully committed to this and for that reason they got my subscription.
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    Techkat wrote:
    I'd be inclined to either order it from your newsagent or from whsmiths if you're not intending to subscribe. I've often noticed that with partworks they seem to disappear from the shelves after a few weeks after the initial launch - I guess after this time they don't have enough folks buying them regularly to justify the shelf space. WH have an ordering service where they will keep it for you fro a couple of weeks ...

I'm not so sure that ordering from newsagents is any guarantee of not ending up with faulty parts and perhaps even more hassle ...

For me the guarantee of parts available until the end and the fact that damaged books etc already seem to be being replaced in line with what they have stated makes me think they are fully committed to this and for that reason they got my subscription.

Has anyone at Fabbri actually said that you can't have two subsriptions..or get the wife to order it as well???? -{ :007)
    Dokk wrote:
    Has anyone at Fabbri actually said that you can't have two subsriptions..or get the wife to order it as well???? -{ :007)

I'd imagine that they would be only too happy for anybody to order as many as they would like... Although I guess few people could afford to stick this away as an investment as I would imagine it would be worth much more in it's original form.
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    evening all, i am confused re the issues and what parts come with which issue !!

I subscribed last year and have so far received issues 1 - 6 as per Dokk's post number 282 - except i havent had issue 3 yet !!!

However, Brogusblue's posts 281 and 289 give different parts with these issues - I have asked GE many times for help / advice, but still nothing despite my calls / emails !!!

help !!!!!
  • brogusbluebrogusblue Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    The parts list i posted is for the current run of 85 issues.. the parts you had last year they have changed the order around and extended it from 75 to 85 issues
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Techkat wrote:

grandb3rry, I don't know how much the newsagent business has changed since I worked for WHS (40 years ago), but many part works start off as "SOR/sale or return", that is if they don't sell them they can return them and get a credit on the unsold items. This used to finish after the first six or eight issues when they went "firm sale", which meant if they ordered them and they didn't sell, they were stuck with them, therefore very few newsagents carry stock after the SOR has finished.

So, as a number of people have mentioned, either order it or subscribe, or you may never finish it.
    have received an email from GE, and yes they are currently out of stock of parts identification list one, but this will follow shortly.

apparently the slip case is for the identification lists? so my email says, it's a little large for the lists if you ask me though?
    Techkat wrote:

grandb3rry, I don't know how much the newsagent business has changed since I worked for WHS (40 years ago), but many part works start off as "SOR/sale or return", that is if they don't sell them they can return them and get a credit on the unsold items. This used to finish after the first six or eight issues when they went "firm sale", which meant if they ordered them and they didn't sell, they were stuck with them, therefore very few newsagents carry stock after the SOR has finished.

So, as a number of people have mentioned, either order it or subscribe, or you may never finish it.

Thanks for your reply. I guess I have no option but to subscribe in near future...I keep buying parts in shop until they are there :)
    I have to email DB5 GE Fabbri about having two simultaneous subscriptions...
    grandb3rry wrote:
    Markbr wrote:

I understand where you are coming from...I think the newsagent will keep supplying those customers who have ordered the magazine with them but they may stop having a few spares for the shelf. However, because you have mentioned WH Smith and Asda, who I believe to be the official stockist, then maybe they will continue to put copies up on the shelf knowing they can return unsold copies.

You are probably just like me when buying stuff, you take one from the back which no one else has touched, examine it closely, have a look at a few other just in case they are better. Haha! Just like me! :))

Oh yes Michael I am just like you. Spend about 10-15 minutes choosing which one to go for, which one is the most mint looking...then re-check again just to make sure I have checked thoroughly and didn't miss anything... then with a huge smile head to the till :))
    crocke007 wrote:
    evening all, i am confused re the issues and what parts come with which issue !!

I subscribed last year and have so far received issues 1 - 6 as per Dokk's post number 282 - except i havent had issue 3 yet !!!

However, Brogusblue's posts 281 and 289 give different parts with these issues - I have asked GE many times for help / advice, but still nothing despite my calls / emails !!!

help !!!!!

From what I have read, this is what I believe is happening; 2011 subscribers are currently waiting for issues 4-7. 2010 subscribers had 1-6 but minus the bonnett. I think you will be receiving very soon, the bonnett, a replacement tyre for the one you have with a branded tyre and presumably issue 7.

All subscribers should then all be in sync with each other. Simple! :s
    hi people.

i have a query. i got my bits out of the packaging yesterday just to double check they were okay and all was fine until i checked the bonnet... now it has a very small chip in the paint but it's visible. would you recommend sending for a replacement or am i being to picky?
    talio123 wrote:
    hi people.

i have a query. i got my bits out of the packaging yesterday just to double check they were okay and all was fine until i checked the bonnet... now it has a very small chip in the paint but it's visible. would you recommend sending for a replacement or am i being to picky?

Deffo go for a replacement! I personally went through about 5 issues in a shop before deciding which one to go for. Some have small imperfections, some very obvious...get a replacement as I'm about to do the same with mine, but with engine part..
    thanks for that.

do i just get in touch with them and they send one out? or do i have to send the other back?

i'm glad i got the pieces out now, to anyone who is thinking of not opening them, i would decide against it, get them out and have a good look, some things arent always visible through the plastic. i was one of them that was going to wait and open them all at the end, glad i didnt now.
    talio123 wrote:
    thanks for that.

do i just get in touch with them and they send one out? or do i have to send the other back?

i'm glad i got the pieces out now, to anyone who is thinking of not opening them, i would decide against it, get them out and have a good look, some things arent always visible through the plastic. i was one of them that was going to wait and open them all at the end, glad i didnt now.

Absolutely agree with said! I open mine, check, then put back inside original plastic packaging and finally plastic container box :)
    talio123 wrote:
    hi people.

I have checked all my parts too! My bonnet, when delivered, had a tiny dried bubble of paint close to the edge at the windscreen end. It wasn't noticable in the packaging at first and I knew it would bug me forever more.

I did think it would be a bit too picky to complain so went down to my newsagent and bought another one. It was well worth it for the price. :)

I think we probably are being too picky but the bodywork is more important than most other parts so I will be examining the roof panel very closely with issue 6. ;%