GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    You have one of them shops innit :D
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    GE Fabbri wrote:
    Hi All,

Thank you for raising your concerns about the packaging. We are sorry if any members of this forum have received a damaged delivery. As mentioned elsewhere, we will definitely replace anything that is damaged in the post. The launch has been a great success, which means that our shipping house is having to work around the clock, so please bear with us if it takes a little while for any replacements to arrive.

Since the test launch we have decided to wrap the magazines together so they are less likely to be damaged in the post – the combined thickness of four magazines wrapped together will prevent damage. All the components will continue to be mailed in sturdy blister packs.

This should be sufficient to ensure that the vast majority of parcels arrive in good condition however due to circumstances beyond our control there will occasionally be times when parcels are damaged in transit. If this happens we will happily replace anything that is damaged.

Best regards,
    The Publisher

Dear Publisher,

Are you able to let us know if there is any more news about release of the series outside the UK? I am particularly interested in Australia. There are rumours that the DB5 will go on sale here, but so far no official confirmation, and of course no release date.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    GE Fabbri wrote:
    Hi All,

Thank you for raising your concerns about the packaging. We are sorry if any members of this forum have received a damaged delivery. As mentioned elsewhere, we will definitely replace anything that is damaged in the post. The launch has been a great success, which means that our shipping house is having to work around the clock, so please bear with us if it takes a little while for any replacements to arrive.

Since the test launch we have decided to wrap the magazines together so they are less likely to be damaged in the post – the combined thickness of four magazines wrapped together will prevent damage. All the components will continue to be mailed in sturdy blister packs.

This should be sufficient to ensure that the vast majority of parcels arrive in good condition however due to circumstances beyond our control there will occasionally be times when parcels are damaged in transit. If this happens we will happily replace anything that is damaged.

Best regards,
    The Publisher

Dear GE Fabbri,

Please could you address the concerns I raised on the forum: Firstly as an original subscriber will I be receiving the numbered blueprints which were not part of the test release? Will I/we be receiving the Dunlop branded tyre as the original test release tyre was unbranded.

As an original subscriber I have yet to receive any of the free membership package items.

Thank you.
  • CAMERA_MANCAMERA_MAN Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    :pYes Fair play to the Distributors for agreeing to replac damaged goods.
    X-(But could they sort out why damaged goods are PICKED AND DESPATCHED in the firstplace.

Can G E Fabbri please answer?
  • GE FabbriGE Fabbri Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Hi All,

Thank you to all of the original subscribers for your patience over the last few months waiting for the magazine to launch across the rest of the UK – it is much appreciated. In the next couple of weeks you will receive a delivery with issue 7, the first two free gifts, the blue print sheets and a replacement tyre.

Hi Camera_man,

Sorry to hear you received damaged items. Our mailing house is handling thousands of items on a daily basis and it is possible that on very rare occasions damaged items will be packed, our packers are attentive but everyone makes mistakes occasionally.

Best regards,
    The Publisher
  • cdmackaycdmackay Cambridge, UKPosts: 39MI6 Agent
    No sign of any deliveries yet (subscribed 15th Jan); can't wait.

No luck with the mysubscription site though; created the account, but no email password ever arrived. Have requested it resent, nothing yet... are others having similar problems?

Finally: is there any way to change the "theme" on this site? White on grey isn't ideal reading :)

thanks much.
  • MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Hi GE Fabbri

Many thanks for your time coming on here and answering our concerns.

I have 1 question will you be putting new videos up of the model on the official Site?? It would be great for us to see loads of videos, also will you be including posters etc with the mag in the near future ???

Many thanks,

Mark.
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"
    cdmackay wrote:
    No sign of any deliveries yet (subscribed 15th Jan); can't wait.

No luck with the mysubscription site though; created the account, but no email password ever arrived. Have requested it resent, nothing yet... are others having similar problems?

Ah, found the emails in my SPAM folder, as some had suggested (thanks). From:

"Data_Base_Factory" <infoclients@databasefact.com>

failed several serious spam checks... they need to sort out their email systems.

So that got me online at the account, and I can now see that my first 3 issues, and book, were dispatched yesterday :)
  • Michael CorbenMichael Corben Leicester, UKPosts: 31MI6 Agent
    Created "My Account" a few minutes ago. Absolutely no problem whatsoever. The password email did get sent to my SPAM folder but you are warned to check there if an email is not received. :)
  • rikidlyrikidly Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi All,

After reading all the posts on this forum with interest, thought it about time I joined in.

Along with many others, I have subscribed and received the first three issues and parts. So far, I have been impressed by the way that GE Fabbri have communicated information to me about when issues will be dispatched, charges debited etc. Not so impressed by the packaging though - surely boxes would be an improvement over plastic bags.

I did expect that I would be slowly building the car up over the 85 weekly issues 'from the ground up' so to speak. Now that I have read brogusblue's post, which lists the parts to be delivered in each issue, it seems to me that I will probably have to keep all the parts blister packs unopened to almost the end of the subscription before starting the build. Otherwise, I risk losing or accidently damaging loose parts or partly built sub-structures. I find this really disappointing, and I think this detracts from an otherwise excellent project.

I would be interested to hear from GE Fabbri why they decided to issue parts in this apparently random way.
  • hamilton151hamilton151 Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    rikidly wrote:
    I did expect that I would be slowly building the car up over the 85 weekly issues 'from the ground up' so to speak. Now that I have read brogusblue's post, which lists the parts to be delivered in each issue, it seems to me that I will probably have to keep all the parts blister packs unopened to almost the end of the subscription before starting the build.
    I would be interested to hear from GE Fabbri why they decided to issue parts in this apparently random way.

I have also subscribed as I thought this would be great for me and my son to build.
    I would NOT have subscribed if I knew I would have to wait over a year and a half before I was going to start making it.
    Me and my 5 year old son have been very excited about this but how do I explain to him he needs to wait 18 months before we start building it.
    This, to me is crazy. I am considering cancelling the subscription, its a lot of money to pay for packing blister packs away in a box for a year and a half.
  • Kai RoweKai Rowe Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    rikidly wrote:
    I did expect that I would be slowly building the car up over the 85 weekly issues 'from the ground up' so to speak. Now that I have read brogusblue's post, which lists the parts to be delivered in each issue, it seems to me that I will probably have to keep all the parts blister packs unopened to almost the end of the subscription before starting the build.

I have also subscribed as I thought this would be great for me and my son to build.
    I would NOT have subscribed if I knew I would have to wait over a year and a half before I was going to start making it.
    Me and my 5 year old son have been very excited about this but how do I explain to him he needs to wait 18 months before we start building it.
    This, to me is crazy. I am considering cancelling the subscription, its a lot of money to pay for packing blister packs away in a box for a year and a half.

You could always use it as a study in patience which will serve him well throughout his life.
    edited January 2011

Guys, There are models of this genre released on the market at this time every year. All are issued with a magazine and usually take a year or so to collect all the parts required to build the end model.

That is why the Publishers always offer the first edition at a discounted price, to let you read all about the magazine, the model, what order the parts will be delivered in, allow you to work out the total cost and enable you to make an informed decision on whether to buy it or not.

In my opinion GE Fabbri have done exactly what I would have expected from them. I bought the 1st edition, read all the information I was given plus researched online as much as possible before committing myself to what I know is going to be a very long drawn out 18 months. But I believe and hope our reward will be well worth that wait. So please, less of the whingeing here. It is still early days and the guys at GE Fabbri have already said they will get everything sorted so let's give them a chance instead of having a go at them all the time!
    There's also a danger that if some parts in practice don't fit together so well, Fabbri would have a lot longer to sort it out if we were discovering these things weekly/monthly.

The Flying Scotsman partwork I was getting has recently finished, and that had a few niggles along the way, which were corrected a few issues/months after people found them (by building as they went along).

Mind you, I was not one of those people... :)
    Dear Publisher/GE Fabbri,

Would you be kind enough to respond to my question regarding the release of this series outside the UK please?
  • scurr01scurr01 AustraliaPosts: 59MI6 Agent
    Yes, I am also very interested in this being released in Australia.
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    scurr01 wrote:

I'm interested too for, but I think I'll give this a miss. The JBCC has been so expensive. From the original $AUD780 or so, to $AUD2180. They sure had us for fools! But the collection is great, and the new DB5 looks good, but I do not have the money unfortunately.
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • I have also subscribed as I thought this would be great for me and my son to build.

Guys, There are models of this genre released on the market at this time every year. All are issued with a magazine and usually take a year or so to collect all the parts required to build the end model.

That is why the Publishers always offer the first edition at a discounted price, to let you read all about the magazine, the model, what order the parts will be delivered in, allow you to work out the total cost and enable you to make an informed decision on whether to buy it or not.

In my opinion GE Fabbri have done exactly what I would have expected from them. I bought the 1st edition, read all the information I was given plus researched online as much as possible before committing myself to what I know is going to be a very long drawn out 18 months. But I believe and hope our reward will be well worth that wait. So please, less of the whingeing here. It is still early days and the guys at GE Fabbri have already said they will get everything sorted so let's give them a chance instead of having a go at them all the time!

I agree. All partwork series tend to follow the exact same pattern. Go back a few years and ask most collectors / enthustiats if they would like a 1/8 scale DB5 model with full working features for a fairly (opening can of worms) reasonable price then we all would of jumped at it. Now its a realisation, it seems some are more focussed on the negatives than the overall positive, which is we actually have the model available! Look at our friends in Oz, who are crying out for the model.

Those who require more detail can easily add it (as I intened to do) there are lots of 1/8 scale detail parts available for Pocher kits and the like which can easily be used to improve this model and still cost less than its nearest rival. And for those who want to build it "from the box" it would appear a really easy build which they can enjoy (in 18 months) with thier sons. So really its a win win situation. Lets be positive about this, its a great opportunity.

And before anyone asks, no I dont work for the publishers!
    Those who require more detail can easily add it (as I intened to do) there are lots of 1/8 scale detail parts available for Pocher kits and the like which can easily be used to improve this model and still cost less than its nearest rival. And before anyone asks, no I dont work for the publishers!

If you could point me towards a website selling these additional pieces i would be extremely grateful.Theres just the one part Id be really interested in and thats the "GB" badge on the boot which has been omitted.Many thanks in advance.
    edited January 2011
    Jag wrote:
    Would you be kind enough to respond to my question regarding the release of this series outside the UK please?
    scurr01 wrote:

For you guys outside the UK, I doubt any decisions on subscriptions abroad would have been made yet. I am sure they will want to see how successful it is here first. May I suggest you go the website http://007db5.com/index.asp click on "Do you live outside the UK?" and submit your details.
    Outside_UK.jpg

But not much chance of it being successful here now, we will all be rushing to cancel our subscriptions today because......
    Kai Rowe wrote:
    the "GB" badge on the boot has been omitted.
    Gasp!
  • brogusbluebrogusblue Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    I agree there is alot of postives with this model and i know its annoying that they don't choose a logical way to do the parts ie like maybe the chassis first and then running ect ect.. its done in a way of mini builds.. Thats why i posted post the parts list so you can see whats coming what and when..

So far i think that GE Fabbri have been more than helpful by coming on the forum and answering the questions..There customer support is also very good always polite and helpful..

I just wish people give it a chance we are only on issue 3 there is bound to be the odd problem along the way,which i am sure would be dealt with..

Once the model is built it is going to be talking point and something to show off.. Of course you can add bits to make it more accurate if you wish..

The end of the day we know what we got ourselves into and whats involved in the building and costs.. I think its a fair price to pay for it.. i can't afford to pay for it in one go, its nice to pay for it as we go and see the results bit by bit..
  • CAMERA_MANCAMERA_MAN Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    A thank you to the Publishers

I have just recieved my replacement delivery of the damaged 1st delivery and a big thankyou to the the publishers and especially the person I was dealing with at the "Help Line" for sorting it out so quickly. Everything was in mint consition.
    Again many thanks.
  • Kai Rowe wrote:
    Those who require more detail can easily add it (as I intened to do) there are lots of 1/8 scale detail parts available for Pocher kits and the like which can easily be used to improve this model and still cost less than its nearest rival. And before anyone asks, no I dont work for the publishers!

If you could point me towards a website selling these additional pieces i would be extremely grateful.Theres just the one part Id be really interested in and thats the "GB" badge on the boot which has been omitted.Many thanks in advance.

Sure, check out:
    http://www.modelmotorcars.com/
    and
    http://www.scaledetails.com/

I have used both in the past for 1/8 Pocher builds, they are very helpful and if they dont have something they can usually make it for you! However the "GB" badge could be easily made from some baremetal foil with a little patience. Thats my intention anyway. One I recieve the bootlid, I will have a play around at some scale "GB" badges.
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent

Well said!.....:D -{ :007)
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Kai Rowe wrote:

Sure, check out:
    http://www.modelmotorcars.com/
    and
    http://www.scaledetails.com/

I have used both in the past for 1/8 Pocher builds, they are very helpful and if they dont have something they can usually make it for you! However the "GB" badge could be easily made from some baremetal foil with a little patience. Thats my intention anyway. One I recieve the bootlid, I will have a play around at some scale "GB" badges.

thanks for them links, really useful -{

btw, i thought the db5 had a black and white gb sticker, and not chrome lettering?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Double"O"sixandahalfDouble"O"sixandahalf Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    minigeff wrote:
    thanks for them links, really useful -{

btw, i thought the db5 had a black and white gb sticker, and not chrome lettering?

Good point, a momentary oversight on my part! You are correct. A white plastic oval with black GB lettering. That should be a doddle to do then with some white Self Adhesive inkjet paper (film) and any word processor. Easy. -{

Or if the publisher is Reading this, maybe just include a "GB" decal with the bootlid delivery for those who wish to use it? Can't see it breaking the budget :))
    Many thanks for the links.Great stuff!When I was younger I used to visit St.Albans in Hertfordshire regularly by bus in the school holidays and there was a great toy/model shop called "Riders" where on the first floor he had all the Pocher kits.I was very fond of looking at them,particularly the Phantom II Rolls-Royce.Part of me wishes Id bought one now.A 1937 Phantom III would have been nice as well of course...
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Kai Rowe wrote:
    Many thanks for the links.Great stuff!When I was younger I used to visit St.Albans in Hertfordshire regularly by bus in the school holidays and there was a great toy/model shop called "Riders" where on the first floor he had all the Pocher kits.I was very fond of looking at them,particularly the Phantom II Rolls-Royce.Part of me wishes Id bought one now.A 1937 Phantom III would have been nice as well of course...

jesus christ, i hope they were cheaper when you were younger
    (i know wrong body type etc but principle is still the same...) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POCHER-1932-ROLLS-ROYCE-PHANTOM-II-SEDANCA-1-8-SEALED-/110628047016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c1f208a8
    Jag wrote:
    scurr01 wrote:

For you guys outside the UK, I doubt any decisions on subscriptions abroad would have been made yet. I am sure they will want to see how successful it is here first. May I suggest you go the website http://007db5.com/index.asp click on "Do you live outside the UK?" and submit your details.
    Outside_UK.jpg

But not much chance of it being successful here now, we will all be rushing to cancel our subscriptions today because......
    Kai Rowe wrote:
    the "GB" badge on the boot has been omitted.
    Gasp!

There is a difference between saying that no decision has been made to release in Australia and saying that decision has been made NOT to release in Australia. While I would like to hear that the model will go on sale here, at this stage I would like to know what the situation is now. Unfortunately not much reaction from the Publisher... Naturally I had already submitted my details on the UK website.
  • Kai Rowe wrote:

jesus christ, i hope they were cheaper when you were younger
    (i know wrong body type etc but principle is still the same...) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POCHER-1932-ROLLS-ROYCE-PHANTOM-II-SEDANCA-1-8-SEALED-/110628047016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c1f208a8

:)) They were never cheap! I remember as a child looking at them at Teignmouth models whilst on holiday and from memory in 1985/6 the Rolls Royce kits were about £350 back then (which was a lot). But they had some built models in glass display cases and they were just awesome, I had never seen a model car so big or so detailed, and the cranking handle turned the crank,rods and pistons in the engine! The stuff of dreams. :x

However having been fortunate enough more recently to buy and build a pocher kit, believe me they need a LOT of patience and additional work to get them right. There are generally parts missing from the kits as well so its a real labour of love. As with most things in life, the more effort you put in the better the end result. The same can be said for this Fabbri DB5 im sure.