GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    aye lol, i didnt realise how big this thing is either, surprisingly large, but i'm sure i'll find space.

dunno about a turntable though lmao
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Andy lives in a mansion :D
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Sorry for the late reply, just sending Jeeves below stairs to shake my Vesper, you just can't get the right class of servant these days. Having said that my Goblin Teasmade isn't a patch on the morning maid's services when she rouses me. ;)
    Sorry for the late reply, just sending Jeeves below stairs to shake my Vesper, you just can't get the right class of servant these days. Having said that my Goblin Teasmade isn't a patch on the morning maid's services when she rouses me. ;)

i just use the dustbuster instead. powerful little sucker that is.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    More than 3 shakes and your w@nking :D :v
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

as subtle as a T55 through a statue
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

as subtle as a T55 through a statue

Just say it how it is singe :v
    back on topic, i looked at GE Fabbri's site today where it states the model is 19.75cm wide.

now as i understand it, that makes the model about 1:8.5 scale :s

anyone clarify whats going on there?

also, anyone have an idea as to how long the model is? in scale it should be about 571mm long, and 210mm wide.

anyone able to confirm these sizes and the model's actual size?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • QGadgets839QGadgets839 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    To Rainier Wolfcastle and mingeff, thanks for replying.
    After alot of thought I have decided to embark on this project, I feel that at the end it would be quite rewarding and it would be a great experience, I will post each week with my progress.
    My subscription is off and on it's way.
    If I subscribe at the end of the month will I be too late, or will I get sent every issue for #1?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • QGadgets839QGadgets839 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    I think you can send the subscription any time, just indicate from which issue you want it from.
  • cdmackaycdmackay Cambridge, UKPosts: 39MI6 Agent
    hi all, new here...

Subscribed on Saturday, got my welcome email today. Can't wait to get issue 1.

Was previously a subscriber to JBCC, but stopped it after a half-dozen or so, when it seemed to get a bit silly. Perhaps I should have had more patience...

Any other threads/forums I should be following, for this new model?

thanks much, very helpful thread this one...
    cdmackay wrote:
    Any other threads/forums I should be following, for this new model?

another forum? you mean theres more to life than ajb? :o don't be so daft lad.

i think you'll find everything you'll need to know/discuss in this thread to be honest, welcome to the forum. -{
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • cdmackaycdmackay Cambridge, UKPosts: 39MI6 Agent
  • BainerBondBainerBond Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    Has anybody received any of the magazines yet, just wondered what their thoughts were on the quality of the parts. Although I am subscribing I couldn't help but buy issue 2 today. I have to say I think the quality of the parts is pretty good. The front bumper is quite substantial in weight and the detail is very good. The seat assembly went together very easily indeed and I was quite impressed. The magazine is detailed and interesting with various facts about the DB5 as you'd expect but also about other people involved with the Bond films. The whole package I thought was well worth the money and the parts themselves are presented in rigid plastic packaging so unlikely to get damaged on delivery.
    Hats off to GE Fabbri on this model, so far so good.
  • jbukjbuk Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    suscribed on the 6th and first lot of money has come out about a week ago and still not got issues 1-3 yet slow:#
  • mdkmdk Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    A new video was uploaded today:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkyfWZWSGic&feature=uploademail

"When you push the Accelerator, you can hear the Engine revving!" -{
    mdk wrote:
    A new video was uploaded today:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkyfWZWSGic&feature=uploademail

"When you push the Accelerator, you can hear the Engine revving!" -{

Just viewed the video and it sounds good, it's a pity the video is so short though.
  • dr yesdr yes Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    just saw the video myself it sounds great the engine its gony be like xmas for 85 weeks
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    is it me, or is the drivers door a different colour to the rest of the body? i hope this doesnt carry through onto the production version...
    is it me, or is the drivers door a different colour to the rest of the body? i hope this doesnt carry through onto the production version...

There's probably quite a lot of lighting set up for the video shoot and I think you are just getting the reflection of the table in the drivers door.
  • Knight1966Knight1966 Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    Well that answers a large percentage of the doubts cast by the perfectionists, "This model is not 100% correct, this model you're looking at here (ie the one used on the website) this is the prototype, the 'Real' ones that people are going to be buying are still being made............" Plus, Fan light handles, millimetre corrections on positioning and Lights AND Sound, if you're not sold on this now then it's your loss if you don't get one, but don't bring your sour grapes here.
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Knight1966 wrote:
    Well that answers a large percentage of the doubts cast by the perfectionists, "This model is not 100% correct, this model you're looking at here (ie the one used on the website) this is the prototype, the 'Real' ones that people are going to be buying are still being made............" Plus, Fan light handles, millimetre corrections on positioning and Lights AND Sound, if you're not sold on this now then it's your loss if you don't get one, but don't bring your sour grapes here.

You sound like a commercial :v :D
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • JamsterJamster ukPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    Vid has been removed.

Got issue 2, the parts seem quite nicely made. I guess it would be too much to hope for a metal bumper. I didnt put the seat together as I was worried I wouldnt get it apart again without damaging it.

Still wish there were more articles in the mag though.
    Jamster wrote:
    Vid has been removed.

Got issue 2, the parts seem quite nicely made. I guess it would be too much to hope for a metal bumper. I didnt put the seat together as I was worried I wouldnt get it apart again without damaging it.

Still wish there were more articles in the mag though.

Hey Jamster,

Did you try putting the number plate into position in the bumper assembly and did it stay in place? It says it should click into place but rotate freely. Mine just falls out ....!!!

I did put the seat together and the parts fit beautifully, but like you said it might not be so easy to take them apart without damaging them.
  • JamsterJamster ukPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    No it doesnt just "click" into place and held in position. Think maybe it will be held in place when the bumper assembly pushes onto the pins on the front section of the car, maybe by something which isnt shown on that drawing.
  • mdkmdk Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    BainerBond wrote:
    Did you try putting the number plate into position in the bumper assembly and did it stay in place? It says it should click into place but rotate freely. Mine just falls out ....!!!

Yeah I read about that on the official Facebook page and they replied "We've checked for you and the number plates are held in place by the front of the car. It's normal that when you have just the bumper it will not stay held in place."
  • MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Jamster wrote:
    No it doesnt just "click" into place and held in position. Think maybe it will be held in place when the bumper assembly pushes onto the pins on the front section of the car, maybe by something which isnt shown on that drawing.

Hi all I'm new and can't wait to get this model completed. It's great we have this to look forward to every week.

As to the above Quote correct once the bumper is fixed to the front of the car it should be fine.:)

I'm actually keeping my parts boxed until I can start building main parts to the car.
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"
  • MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Also issue 2 comes with a free Binder.... Infact it's very good.:)
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"