GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

1252627282931»

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Ah the L's the L's ezmerelda!

Tbh, when I was finished I had more screws loose than Rampton.

Just follow the instructions carefully. I used a set of calipers to measure the screws to make sure I was using the right ones. There's not much differece between 1.3 and 1.6mm....... actually its 0.3mm but you get the idea.

Also I quickly found that the screwdrivers supplied were crap. I dunno if they were included with one of the issues (i was finishing a half baked model ya see) but it was crap. Get your self a decent screwdriver and use a magnet to magnetise the tip, it really helps to keep hold of the screws, especially in the hard to get to areas like the top in the inside of the wheel arches. If you haven't got a magnet handy, use a tiny drop of superglue to glue your screw to the screwdriver's tip. When you've tightened the screw up you can just pull the screwdriver away. Just remember to clean your tip (ooh er) each time to avoid the screw slipping on old glue from previous uses.

Some screws I found to be really tight, especially into the bodywork. Take your time and apply suitable pressure into the screwhead to avoid stripping the heads.

Oh and any left over screws can be washed down with a tumbler full of WD40.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • bluevoicebluevoice Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

Thanks minigeff, but does anybody know where the silver L screws need to be used? I don't see any reference in the assemble instructions.
    bluevoice wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Thanks minigeff, but does anybody know where the silver L screws need to be used? I don't see any reference in the assemble instructions.

If you look very carefully, they have 'GNDN' engraved on them.

(TB2 is gonna appreciate that)
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    bluevoice wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

I certainly do! Mr Jefferies would be proud Mini G! :)
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    minigeff wrote:
    bluevoice wrote:

I certainly do! Mr Jefferies would be proud Mini G! :)

Don't tell anyone but I'm a bit of a closet fan.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Will do! -{

Funny for a do it yourself project to have seemingly extra pieces. Def not an MFI job. One of the reasons why I prefer the smaller cars!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    bluevoice wrote:
    One more question, could someone tell me where the silver screws must be used? For example, I can't find any reference in the manual to the silver type L screws (it just says use L screws), so I don't know where to use them.

The supplied screwdrivers I received were quite good, actually, though occasionally I may have used some others as well.

As to the screws, mine were meticulously identified and placed in the supplied screw box, but very early in the build I dropped the box... Since then I couldn't be bothered, just used any screw that looked right and would do the job.
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    Hi there is there anyone in the netherlands that is able to get hold of a spare PCB circuit board for me? PM me if so and can arrange costs...much ablidged
  • 007storm007storm The NetherlandsPosts: 345MI6 Agent
    Hi there is there anyone in the netherlands that is able to get hold of a spare PCB circuit board for me? PM me if so and can arrange costs...much ablidged

I'll try. Can you give me the magazine number it comes with??

Checked. Number 80. We're not there yet. Still some weeks to go. I'll keep you posted. -{
    My James Bond Collection:
    Antens007Archive
    Thanks very much. BTW i have some spare parts left over if your in need of any...
    Hey Ajb's and 1/8th scale DB5 lovers just quick question.. Did anyone get any random issues of this collection through? As on friday i had two issues. Now if i remember rightly the collection finished like 2 years ago and there stock was cleared out. However still waiting and hoping to get hold of the pcb board, which is why i still have a box of bits and the car residing in 2 parts, taking up all my bench and space.
    Hey Ajb's and 1/8th scale DB5 lovers just quick question.. Did anyone get any random issues of this collection through? As on friday i had two issues. Now if i remember rightly the collection finished like 2 years ago and there stock was cleared out. However still waiting and hoping to get hold of the pcb board, which is why i still have a box of bits and the car residing in 2 parts, taking up all my bench and space.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent

I have lots of extra bits. Regrettably, the PCB is one of the hardest parts to get.
    I know frustrating isn't it. Did you manage to have a fully working PCB board with lights and sound effects? My car is still in two halves as i'm waiting out. As i know if did manage to track one would be a nightmare getting it apart to install