GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Jag wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    If anyone wants a display base, give me a shout.

Do you mean just a base, or a complete case?

Just a base I'm afraid.

Strange as it sounds, case making is a very tricky business and you get a huge variation with clients when it comes down to what people think is acceptable. For instance, I've known one guy who was thrilled with a case that had air bubbles along all the joints, and another refused to pay up over just one air bubble. Because its so hard to get customer satisfaction, I would leave the case making to people who are set up to make just cases. There's plenty out there, pm if you need a good name.

As for the difference in colour with the different sections, I think I predicted that one happening months ago. Not a great surprise for me tbh guys. It's a shame that the roof section has the glass in, you could strip the paint and respray all the panels otherwise.

In one respect I kinda regret I didn't go for this model, on the other hand, seeing how many issues there are kinda softens the blow a bit. Still, I look forward to seeing the end product, however I doubt anyone will be able to sell for a profit.

Thanks, minigeff. I actually emailed all the casemakers I could Google up in Australia, and so far have received not a single reply. Obviously they do not need any more orders! If you know any that you could recommend Down Under (and if the do take orders) then provide the details here - for the benefit of all Aussie collectors.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    For all you model modders out there, a new boot/below side vent logo

DB5LogoFinal.jpg
  • AITCHH20AITCHH20 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    as anyone got a phone number for G E Fabbri
    The number i have is not in service.
  • CAMERA_MANCAMERA_MAN Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    edited March 2012
    AITCHH20 wrote:
    as anyone got a phone number for G E Fabbri
    The number i have is not in service.

Try this one that they have supposidly just set up - 0844 472 5229 or 0871 277 6714
  • MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Guys help needed I think I'm talking about issue 34 I think !!! Well it's the part where the radiator screws onto the front bottom bumper valance the silver part has no holes, it does say you hav to screw this part to the valance. The part I have has two round suppose to be holes but they are not punched through..... Do I need to drill this part for it to fit.
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    Markbr wrote:
    Guys help needed I think I'm talking about issue 34 I think !!! Well it's the part where the radiator screws onto the front bottom bumper valance the silver part has no holes, it does say you hav to screw this part to the valance. The part I have has two round suppose to be holes but they are not punched through..... Do I need to drill this part for it to fit.

NO, THE BUILD IS DESIGNED SO THAT UNIT WILL EVENTUALLY BE HELD IN PLACE WITHOUT SCREWS.
    I'm confused as in the instructions it does say use 2 screws :o
    Markbr wrote:

If you read the magazine carefully you will see it doesn't. I nearly made the same mistake.
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Markbr wrote:

If you read the magazine carefully you will see it doesn't. I nearly made the same mistake.

OK thanks :007)
  • AITCHH20AITCHH20 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi all im subscribing to the JB DB5 i need to get in touch with G E Fabbri but have no phone number for them can anyone help me out please.
    AITCHH20 wrote:
    Hi all im subscribing to the JB DB5 i need to get in touch with G E Fabbri but have no phone number for them can anyone help me out please.

Please see reply 725 on page 29 of this reply.
  • catxjrcatxjr Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Are others having dificulty contacting these people. Emailed them on 22nd Feb. still no reply, despite being told when on the phone to them previously that they answer emails promptly. Have just tried phoning again, on both numbers, to be told I am 13th in the queue. Clearly there are a lot of problems.
  • Kai RoweKai Rowe Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    The only problem I ve had was with the binders.Okay,given I have nt started assembling the beast yet I may be setting myself up for a fall!But when I phoned about them they could nt have been more helpful or polite.
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    I am regretting not getting this now. But the cost benefits didn't work out.

I hope it all comes together for everyone. Take it easy! Any pics of half done DB5s would be much appreciated. B-) B-) B-)
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    dickiebart wrote:
    I am regretting not getting this now. But the cost benefits didn't work out.

I hope it all comes together for everyone. Take it easy! Any pics of half done DB5s would be much appreciated. B-) B-) B-)

It works for me, especiall now that I've cancelled JBCC :))
    Plenty of photos (including mine) on the Facebook pages and the two partwork forums.
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    Plenty of photos (including mine) on the Facebook pages and the two partwork forums.
    Cheers Jag!
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • cdmackaycdmackay Cambridge, UKPosts: 39MI6 Agent
    hi all, parts 60--63 arrived this morning...
    edited March 2012
    BEWARE

I ordered a Display base from G E Fabbri for the DB5 (No comments on that one please!) But be aware that if you also have PREORDERED one and expect to pay in a couple of months time. THEY ARE TAKING THE MONEY NOW!!! Watch your accounts and inform them. I have spoken to Eaglemoss and their statement is correct on their facebook page that they will only be charged for when available in a couple of months time.

This base will be going inside a Display Case as I have another DB5 with personal plates on!!! and a couple of expensive fully working 1/24th DB5 models to display along side of it!!! Therefore the base is to give height and enhanse the display!!!
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Sorry Camera_Man but just had to comment .....

Mmmmmmm GE Fabbri Base £45 inc P&P for a tatty old bit of routed out MDF and painted black

OR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8th-ASTON-MARTIN-DB5-1964-BUILD-YOUR-OWN-MODEL-GLASS-DISPLAY-CASE-ONLY-/380410850040?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item589240eaf8

Mahogany base, fully glass enclosed ...... I know where my money is going :))
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Sorry Camera_Man but just had to comment .....

Mmmmmmm GE Fabbri Base £45 inc P&P for a tatty old bit of routed out MDF and painted black

OR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8th-ASTON-MARTIN-DB5-1964-BUILD-YOUR-OWN-MODEL-GLASS-DISPLAY-CASE-ONLY-/380410850040?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item589240eaf8

Mahogany base, fully glass enclosed ...... I know where my money is going :))

Too right GM, if it was acrylic instead of glass (more postal friendly) I could probably do something similar for about the GE fabbri price.

No model for me though so no need for cases. I think £45 for a black slab of MDF is too much.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    anybody else still waiting for issues 53,54,55? iv recieved all my other issues up to and including issue 63. this is frustrating as its holding up my build :/ have looked on ebay to see if there are these issues forsale but there arent any, and the GE fabbri site only goes up to issue 45 for back issues..... X-(
  • Sabreman64Sabreman64 London, UKPosts: 19MI6 Agent
    Well, I have the magazine on regular order with my local WHSmith and I'm still waiting for issues 41, 51 to 54 and 56 which are still on back order. I'm hoping those issues will eventually come back into stock, otherwise I'll have spent hundreds of pounds on all the other issues for nothing.

By the way, shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to "Eaglemoss 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit", seeing as Eaglemoss bought GE Fabbri some months back?
  • c007psc007ps Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi Guys,

So I'm up to issue 67 with all parts still in the packaging awaiting the final day so I can construct the masterpiece. However, I have a back issue problem with the weeks 32-35 (inc) being missing.

Does anyone know how to contact Fabbri and speak to someone? Hope everyone else is going well.

C007ps
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    spencer50 wrote:
    So far I've had no problems, but after finishing the roof section, I offered up the removable section of the roof, & low n behold, the paint didn't match, and it doesn't sit right in the roof, either way round!
    I'm hoping this is due to the fact the removable roof section was from the original 1st launch & it will be replaced. Other than that, I'm enjoying the build along with some engine & various mods I've done.

Started on my custom electronic display & a custom figure to stand at its side...

REGRETTABLY......DITTO!
    DSC00795.jpg

Some of this is down to camera flash however the roof panel is a darker silver to the roof itself & the fit at the corners is not brilliant regrettably!

UPDATE: today I received a replacement roof panel courtesy of Robert Henderson at James Bond's DB5 Magazine Customer Services. I am happy to report that not only does the silver finish match that of the roof but the panel has been recast to produce a panel which fits like a glove much like the panel on John Stears original creation.
    This will probably only effect those who like myself were on the test subscription but didn't know it!
    edited April 2012
    UPDATED BUILD DIARY:

Well guys as you can see its finally starting to look like the Aston Martin DB4GT we all know and love & I never thought I'd say this but superior to the Diamond Cars equivilent & at a fraction of the cost. This thing is really starting to take shape measuring an impressive 22" in its incomplete form.
    DSC01298.jpg
    DSC01305.jpg
    DB4GT??

Thought you'd gone mad then donk, smart arse :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    edited May 2012
    OMFGG!

Donk's Build Diary Update...This thing is shaping up very nicely guys.
    DSC01345.jpg

BTW: its all metal (apart from clear panels etc) inc bullet proof screen & all the paint finishes match.

DSC01346.jpg
    Just outta curiosity, are there plans to have the kit available as a full kit once the subscription has run its course?

Or should I get ordering back issues?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Just outta curiosity, are there plans to have the kit available as a full kit once the subscription has run its course?

Or should I get ordering back issues?

I asked a senior dude at GE Fabbri the same question when the test subscription ended. The answer was it was something they were considering but think of the man hours in addition to the £750? worth of bits. As a guide when this was going to be a Corgi release of 250 units a few years back it was £1500. At that time Diamond Cars of Germany wanted 3000 euros for their replica. It really is shaping up to be something very special.
    edited June 2012
    June Update: Donk's Build Diary...
    The scuttle section is now complete and it's just ten or so issues to total completion & it's bloody heavy!

DSC01407.jpg

If you think this is impressive then you'll be pleased to know there's a 3ft version on the way but it'll probably cost what a real DB9 will set you back, still at least you dont have to wait 87? weeks to build it...Bullet holes optional!