GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    WOW that Tax disc looks awesome, I'm going to print it off. Many thanks for that:)
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"
  • Classic49Classic49 Eastbourne, East SussexPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    Just got Part 36 from the Newsagent. Has parts to fit to the bonnet but guess what. The screws don't arrive until issues 41 (Screw I) and 56 (Screw K)!!
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    Classic49 wrote:
    Just got Part 36 from the Newsagent. Has parts to fit to the bonnet but guess what. The screws don't arrive until issues 41 (Screw I) and 56 (Screw K)!!

To be fair, it is a partwork. This isn't a collection that you can dip in and out of, like the car collection for example. I appreciate that some are building as they go along, but personally I'm waiting until it's complete before I build. Simply for the reason that I want to build it in one hit rather than piecemeal.

DC
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Actually with some deliveries the 4-week break is quite welcome. If I had all the bits, I'd be in a hurry to reassemble everything. But now I have time to modify and improve the parts, and research the real car as well as the movie.
  • Sabreman64Sabreman64 London, UKPosts: 19MI6 Agent
    I should have known that Database Factory would make some kind of co©k-up when I cancelled my subscription to the magazine, and, sure enough, they have.

I phoned them to cancel my sub (as I'm intending to order the remaining issues from my local WHSmith). They've now sent me a letter confirming the cancellation. The letter also says that my account is in arrears by £27.96. This is not true. They sent me issues 4 to 35 (32 issues) and two binders. I've checked my bank account, and the payments have gone out of my account for 32 issues and two binders. I'm going to have to phone these monkeys on Monday about this. Can't they get anything right?
    Well, I made that post yesterday, and what should plop through my letterbox this morning? Issues 36 to 39. So I do owe them £27.96. A shame they weren't faster in cancelling my subscription. :s
  • wicksie1vwicksie1v Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    cdmackay wrote:
    Parts 32--35 arrived today; all looks OK.

My payment went through for parts 32-35 in august but nothing has arrived.

Have phoned up three times with one person almost accusing me of not paying, twas not true as this months payment has gone through too.

A girl called leah is supposed to be looking into it, I won't hold my breath though.

Hi by the way.....this is my first posting and it is great to find this forum.

Is the speedo in issues 32-35?
  • cdmackaycdmackay Cambridge, UKPosts: 39MI6 Agent
    36--39 arrived today...

[not sure which issue was the speedo, and I've put them away now, can't easily get to them]
    looks like the dash front plate was part 26; not sure if that is the actual speedo graphic
    all eight issues arrived today! Was disappointed that the floor panel was plastic, other than that it was fine.

I noticed more screws types entering the scene.......wish they would label the plastic bags they come in, it would make things easier as I seem to spend most of the time with a micrometer.

:)) wicksie
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    Selling mine on ebay now - fed up of it all !!!!!
    crocke007 wrote:

Can you please provide a link? Some of us here might be interested...
    crocke007 wrote:
    If it's Database Factory's customer "service" you're fed up with, perhaps you should consider placing an order with WHSmith or your local newsagent (as I plan to at the end of the month when I'm paid).

(I've learnt my lesson. From now on, any partworks I collect, I will do so through my local Smiths. A big :p to Database Factory.)
    Hey guys - sold them today at approx half what I paid !!
    Issues 40--43 arrived today
  • TimmyMTimmyM Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    wonder if anyone can help me i just started the build i have ordered parts 1 to 5 and have been waiting over a week now and no sign of them in the post i have emailed them and got no reply i call them and get told they are on there way is they any other way to get them moving

any help would be great
    TimmyM wrote:
    wonder if anyone can help me i just started the build i have ordered parts 1 to 5 and have been waiting over a week now and no sign of them in the post i have emailed them and got no reply i call them and get told they are on there way is they any other way to get them moving

any help would be great

Timmy, one thing you will need to do this is patience, lol. i have had several nightmares with ordering from ge fabbri, one thing you can do is get it from your local wh smith's.
  • TimmyMTimmyM Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    wicksie1v wrote:
    TimmyM wrote:

any help would be great

Timmy, one thing you will need to do this is patience, lol. i have had several nightmares with ordering from ge fabbri, one thing you can do is get it from your local wh smith's.

i dont live near any newsagents or whsmiths so i am abit buggered
  • Kai RoweKai Rowe Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    In the last couple of days a series of short videos have gone up on the 007DB5 Youtube page showing how it all fits together and they re very good.
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    Has no-one done any pics of what this looks like so far, intrigued to see the build progress
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    edited December 2011
    Has no-one done any pics of what this looks like so far, intrigued to see the build progress

Hardly a build diary but this is what 47 issues worth looks like..
    There are improvements to the original production photographs such as the hinge on the phone compartment in the drivers door is now black & therefore more discrete. One negative point is when AML launched the DB4GT airfilters were not the K&N style which this appears to be fitted with and I would have prefered the components in the weapons tray not to be a cast one piece which looks a bit naff. GE Fabbri have also fallen into the weapons tray trap as the model features the tray taken from the original John Stears designs which featured an AR7 rifle however the actual tray contained a holster stock for a Mauser Broomhandle pistol. Overall even though this does not look like a car yet the attention to detail is impressive & the year ahead will not pass quick enough to complete the blasted thing!

DSC00720.jpg
    Happy new year all !!!

so how are the builds going so far ??

I am thinking of resubscribing !
  • spencer50spencer50 Just outside GrimsbyPosts: 111MI6 Agent
    So far I've had no problems, but after finishing the roof section, I offered up the removable section of the roof, & low n behold, the paint didn't match, and it doesn't sit right in the roof, either way round!
    I'm hoping this is due to the fact the removable roof section was from the original 1st launch & it will be replaced. Other than that, I'm enjoying the build along with some engine & various mods I've done.

Started on my custom electronic display & a custom figure to stand at its side...
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    If anyone wants a display base, give me a shout.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:

Do you mean just a base, or a complete case?
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    spencer50 wrote:
    So far I've had no problems, but after finishing the roof section, I offered up the removable section of the roof, & low n behold, the paint didn't match, and it doesn't sit right in the roof, either way round!
    I'm hoping this is due to the fact the removable roof section was from the original 1st launch & it will be replaced. Other than that, I'm enjoying the build along with some engine & various mods I've done.

Started on my custom electronic display & a custom figure to stand at its side...

REGRETTABLY......DITTO!
    DSC00795.jpg

Some of this is down to camera flash however the roof panel is a darker silver to the roof itself & the fit at the corners is not brilliant regrettably!
  • Leijo007Leijo007 Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    Unacceptable. They'll have to provide a new roof section for us 'test run subscribers' then...
  • griffin_t_agriffin_t_a Racine, WI USAPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    God I want this kit but alas, starving kids in Africa. Maybe I'll just build it, then sell it for a profit and donate the proceeds.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Do you mean just a base, or a complete case?

Just a base I'm afraid.

Strange as it sounds, case making is a very tricky business and you get a huge variation with clients when it comes down to what people think is acceptable. For instance, I've known one guy who was thrilled with a case that had air bubbles along all the joints, and another refused to pay up over just one air bubble. Because its so hard to get customer satisfaction, I would leave the case making to people who are set up to make just cases. There's plenty out there, pm if you need a good name.

As for the difference in colour with the different sections, I think I predicted that one happening months ago. Not a great surprise for me tbh guys. It's a shame that the roof section has the glass in, you could strip the paint and respray all the panels otherwise.

In one respect I kinda regret I didn't go for this model, on the other hand, seeing how many issues there are kinda softens the blow a bit. Still, I look forward to seeing the end product, however I doubt anyone will be able to sell for a profit.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org