GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I think their Aussie distributor works in a similar manner, although they generally charge my card after they despatched the items. Does not make a big difference to me, though it's a good idea to check that you have been charged correctly.
  • ExinferisExinferis West Norfolk (for my sins!)Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    I think their Aussie distributor works in a similar manner, although they generally charge my card after they despatched the items. Does not make a big difference to me, though it's a good idea to check that you have been charged correctly.

Thing is I'm on a low income and I have to properly budget for these. If I get charged on, say, 27th April, I expect my next charge to be 25th May, not 19th May, which is when they charged me. At the moment, I've got enough money in my account to cover their stupid billing system, but there will come a time when I won't have that money there and they'll take the payment a week before I get my money, I go overdrawn and I get an Unautherised Overdraft Chage of £8 just because G.E. Fabbri can't tell 28 days from 21 days!

By rights I shouldn't be getting this at all! But I don't smoke and I don't drink, I don't eat meat and the last time I went out was about a year ago, so I've got to have some pleasure in my life! ;)
    "I collect Spores, Moulds and Fungus" - Egon Spengler
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    So what do you do ;) :D

Exinferis wrote:
    Jag wrote:

Thing is I'm on a low income and I have to properly budget for these. If I get charged on, say, 27th April, I expect my next charge to be 25th May, not 19th May, which is when they charged me. At the moment, I've got enough money in my account to cover their stupid billing system, but there will come a time when I won't have that money there and they'll take the payment a week before I get my money, I go overdrawn and I get an Unautherised Overdraft Chage of £8 just because G.E. Fabbri can't tell 28 days from 21 days!

By rights I shouldn't be getting this at all! But I don't smoke and I don't drink, I don't eat meat and the last time I went out was about a year ago, so I've got to have some pleasure in my life! ;)
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    Hey Mr Exinferis - GE should have sent you a schedule of when the money will go from your account - I was given the actual dates for each month that they would "apply" for the payment ?

It does mean having to check there are funds in your account each month - but its better than having to pay bank charges if the payment "bounces"
  • CAMERA_MANCAMERA_MAN Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    crocke007 wrote:
    Hey Mr Exinferis - GE should have sent you a schedule of when the money will go from your account - I was given the actual dates for each month that they would "apply" for the payment ?

It does mean having to check there are funds in your account each month - but its better than having to pay bank charges if the payment "bounces"

When I asked about a "Schedule of Payments" Lyn Williams informed me that you only get a "Schedule Of Payments" if you pay by Debit Card. You will not if you pay by Credit Card or PAYPAL.
    Exinferis wrote:
    Jag wrote:

Perhaps you should discuss this with Fabbri - maybe you can set up direct debit for fixed dates? I Just realised that over here they do not only bill irregularly, but despatch too. The previous lot was despatched on 3 May, and the current one on 23 May - that's 3 weeks, not 4... (but I won't complain about that).

By the way, I don't smoke or eat meat either. :)) Not much going out either due to a 3-year-old to take care of.
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    So what do you do ;) :D

Pray for a quick and painless death! ;)
    crocke007 wrote:

No, never got anything like that. And, to be honest, if I had and I'd seen month upon month of 3 week payments instead of 4 weeks I would have cancelled anyway as I simply can't afford to pay every three weeks. Don't get me wrong, it'd be great to finish the car earlier than next August, but not at the expense of other things... like food!

CAMERA_MAN wrote:
    When I asked about a "Schedule of Payments" Lyn Williams informed me that you only get a "Schedule Of Payments" if you pay by Debit Card. You will not if you pay by Credit Card or PAYPAL.

I was paying by Debit Card and I never saw a schedule of payments. I only got the welcome e-mail saying parcels would be dispatched every 28 days, there was no mention of "roughly" or a schedule of payments anywhere in that e-mail.
    Jag wrote:
    Perhaps you should discuss this with Fabbri - maybe you can set up direct debit for fixed dates? I Just realised that over here they do not only bill irregularly, but despatch too. The previous lot was despatched on 3 May, and the current one on 23 May - that's 3 weeks, not 4... (but I won't complain about that).

By the way, I don't smoke or eat meat either. ajb007/lol Not much going out either due to a 3-year-old to take care of.

I doubt they'd bother with me now, to be honest. The first e-mail I got was such a brush-off! She may as well have written back saying, "Meh, what can you do?" for the amount of interest she showed! In hindsight I should have contacted Ingrid as I e-mailed her once before and she was really helpful. I may send her a quick e-mail to see if there's anything that can be done as I don't relish a weekly trip to Hunstanton just for one wheel or one strut-brace!

I don't have kids, but I've got cats! What you gain in not having to buy them clothes every few months, you loose in vet bills and old-puss medication! ;)
    Good luck, I am sure you will be able to sort this out. Hopefully Ingrid will help. When I email our distributor about any issues I always get a feeling that they reply before they read my message, and often just use a template as a reply as well. It's not necessarily a brush-off, perhaps they are too busy or not particularly bright. The thing is that they do reply, so if you message them constantly they are likely to give up in the end! :))
    By the way, issues 8-11 arrived yesterday. The engine is now almost complete. The parts fit quite well, however the instructions in the magazine appear incomplete. I had to disassemble the engine to attach parts I missed - simply because the instructions did not mention them! The online instructions are much better and much more detailed, so will stick to them from now on.
    I don't think praying will help much, maybe you should have a Hamburger,beer and a cigarette you will feel a bit better about things :D
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    What was the point of giving us a DVD of Goldfinger as a "Freebie"..most of us will probably have it in various formats...why not give us two figures to fit in the Vehicle ?..ie: Bond & the Baddie..just a thought!!! -{ :007)
  • CAMERA_MANCAMERA_MAN Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    edited May 2011
    Deleted
    I'd prefer Bond and Tilly Masterson.8-)
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    I don't think praying will help much, maybe you should have a Hamburger,beer and a cigarette you will feel a bit better about things :D

Not unless I fancy spending an hour of my life in the bathroom suffering from explosive decompression! I've got IBS, there's a lot of stuff I can't eat or drink anymore. Not that I ever really enjoyed meat; I much prefer Quorn and Tofu anyway. Miss real ale though. :(

And I feel ill whenever anyone passess me in the street has a fag on the go. The thought of taking that up again... Where's the little emoticon that turns green and pukes. I need that one here!

I agree, praying is useless if you don't believe in any god. It's just a figure of speach really!

Anyhoo, I e-mailed Ingrid the other day and have heard absolutely nothing from her. Anyone know how long it usually takes for her to respond?
    Sorry to hear that mate :# no pleasures is a bummer :(
    DB5_Drawers.jpg

Got these in a local Home Bargain Shop....£12.99 for three drawers...(1 drawer holds all parts to date!)...Ideal for all the collection..I reckon!...Luvverly Jubbly.. :D -{ :007)
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Tell me about it. Must be why I fill my life with Action Figures and partwork cars! ;)

Anyway, it's been a week since I e-mailed Ingrid but I've heard nothing back. Contacted my "local" (8 mile round trip!) newsagent and he can get them but only if I pay 2 months in advance! Being short of cash was the reason I cancelled the direct sub, how the smeg am I expected to find £60?! :o

Is the G.E. Fabrri rep still on these forums? If you are, can you sort this out at all? There's really no point in my having one quarter of the car! I either need to get the sub sorted on a payment date that suits or I need to return the parts I have for a refund. Either way it needs sorting asap!
    Exinferis wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

Tell me about it. Must be why I fill my life with Action Figures and partwork cars! ;)

Anyway, it's been a week since I e-mailed Ingrid but I've heard nothing back. Contacted my "local" (8 mile round trip!) newsagent and he can get them but only if I pay 2 months in advance! Being short of cash was the reason I cancelled the direct sub, how the smeg am I expected to find £60?! :o

Is the G.E. Fabrri rep still on these forums? If you are, can you sort this out at all? There's really no point in my having one quarter of the car! I either need to get the sub sorted on a payment date that suits or I need to return the parts I have for a refund. Either way it needs sorting asap!

Sorry to hear about the lack of reply. Perhaps you should try the Facebook page? Someone seems to be monitoring it, though not very regularly.
    It's OK, I got a reply to the e-mail I sent earlier. It seems that Ingrid was ill last week which is why I didn't recieve a response. Did think it was odd that I'd not heard back from her, so now I know why!

She's going to call me back sometime today (I think) so she can set up a Direct Debit for me. This one will be every 28 days! This is all I wanted really, shame I had to go 'round the bull to meet the bush.

But public thanks to Ingrid for once again being a very helpful member of Fabbri! {[]
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    moving the topic back onto the build....

got my latest delivery today. now have both the front wheels together and the steering wheel assembly. next issue is the dashboard. can't wait to get all the assemblies together into a form of chassis!
    Am I the only one not putting the bits together as they arrive? I did debate on it but we're hoping to move home this year and I was a little worried that bits might break in transit. There again, I've got a big box in the garage with all the parts in it and I'm running short on space. Oh, decisions decisions!

got my latest delivery today. now have both the front wheels together and the steering wheel assembly. next issue is the dashboard. can't wait to get all the assemblies together into a form of chassis!

You have wee bit of a wait,!!! the front axle is in parts 70s!! :# -{ :007)
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Dokk wrote:

You have wee bit of a wait,!!! the front axle is in parts 70s!! :# -{ :007)

haha yeah but i didn't say a rolling chassis did i :p but yes, i agree the order of parts is a ballache but can see it has been done in order to keep subscribers on board (as if there was ever any doubt!) :D
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    Did anyone get their issue 23 yet? This is what greeted me when I opened the bag...

DSC_0591.jpg
    MML,

yeah mine was the same, broken steering wheel !!!!
  • Leijo007Leijo007 Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    Check the 007 DB5 Facebook page, if you read all the posts there I think hundreds of people all over the country have received their steering wheel in this condition. Forced through the mail slot by the postman, or maybe already broken during transport.

Mine arrived alright, though, as the postman rang the doorbell and handed the package over.

They should've stuck to sending everything in boxes like the JBCC, or at least put fragile parts in a blister like they did in the beginning, instead of in plastic bags.
    Leijo007 wrote:
    They should've stuck to sending everything in boxes like the JBCC, or at least put fragile parts in a blister like they did in the beginning, instead of in plastic bags.

Yeah, spending a few extra pennies on packaging would save them a fortune in replacement parts!! I emailed yesterday but haven't got a reply yet...
    The damaged steering wheel is easy enough to repair, but in a model costing this much, it shouldnt have to be done really !!
    I don't think it matters how much you pay - you should receive what you pay for in a perfect condition anyway.
    Just got a reply to my email - they're going to send out a new steering wheel! Let's hope they're better packaged this time. I also asked for a copy of the parts list that came with issue 1 - for some reason I didn't get it.

I also got an email from them a few days ago saying my credit card was declined - which is odd as the bank tells me there's nothing wrong with it!