GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• CAMERA_MANCAMERA_MAN Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Just recieved my DB5 back from Eaglemoss sent back through their "Rebuild Program" Have to say its a superb model built to specofications, matching paintwork and fully working electrics and VERY WELL PACKED!!!!!
    Many thanks to Hannah and Rob
  • graycbrgraycbr Sutton Bridge ,LincsPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    Voituer wrote:
    graycbr wrote:
    PoorMansJB wrote:

Not quite sure what you're asking: If you bid on a "full set," you'd get a full set. If you mean would all the drawings and extra bits (binders, etc.) be there, that seems to vary from listing to listing.

Singe issues would have totaled about £600 which is roughly what I paid for a full set on eBay and given the number of people currently listing complete sets as a lot, there really isn't any reason to pay more; the listings for £1,200 and so on are outrageous and while I think the model will eventually appreciate, it's going to be years before we see any substantial uptick.

Assembled cars are going for as little as £400, though a good many of the listings require the buyer to collect in person.

Where are you located?

If I start collecting these of ebay would I get a full set ?

WHO KNOWS?

A full set on ebay are going for silly money £900

SO, you can get a full set but thats too much? the set cost £700 if you collected them

I'm at Sutton Bridge, Lincs near Kings Lynn..l

currently or do you live there?

Do you think the mag will be released ?

do you mean re-released - probably not

OMG where were you when you could buy these, I should think its better to just pay the £900 and be grateful you did not have to wait two years like everyone else

I work for the RAF so dont have the luxury of being in the UK all the time
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Graycbr

It's amazing how much luxury you can find in a five star hotel. -{
  • 007storm007storm The NetherlandsPosts: 345MI6 Agent
    In the nederlands the subscribers recieved the first four magazines wuth parts. Question: is it smart to start building or should I wait the 85 weeks? -{
    My James Bond Collection:
    Antens007Archive
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    graycbr

keep looking on ebay feller - I bought the completed car and all magazines etc for less than half the subscription price

and it is AWESOME !!!!!!!
    got the first 20 now on ebay ..
    Got to get the rest .. :)
    Anyone got any spare parts they would like to sell ?
  • B549 WUUB549 WUU Posts: 145MI6 Agent
    I finished my car three weeks ago and I thought I would share a photograph.

http://imgur.com/vyCFjl0
    yes yes yes got a complete unit with all mags cheap of ebay :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    So got a few parts up for sale now 8-)
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    Was surprised to receive the parts for issue 85 in the post today, but no magazine... anyone else get missing stuff recently?
  • Sabreman64Sabreman64 London, UKPosts: 19MI6 Agent
    Could someone help me please? I'm waiting for the final two back issues of DB5 from Eaglemoss (51 and 53), and I thought I'd connect up all the electrics to test them. So I connected all the electrical components to the PCB, inserted three batteries (the right way round), turned the switch to "ON", inserted the key in the ignition and nothing works. Head lights, brake lights, speaker, pedals, dashboard lights etc - nothing works. Could I have a faulty PCB? Or could there be a fault with the battery box or on/off switch? Is there any way I can determine which part is faulty?
  • CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    Yes i've got big problems completing this at the moment. Just got 47, 48, 53 and 54 with no parts what-so-ever. I'm still missing some early key parts and issues; 29, 32, 34, and 43. Generally concerned that i won't even be able to complete the DB5. Any other people in my situation please add to this maybe we can all join up to demand what were owed! Anyone else being told there still waiting for shipment of parts and that its the last container coming, no more parts will be available when all gone?
    Anyone else being told there still waiting for shipment of parts and that its the last container coming, no more parts will be available when all gone?

Whoa, when did you hear that??
    MML wrote:
    Was surprised to receive the parts for issue 85 in the post today, but no magazine... anyone else get missing stuff recently?

Just got another set of springs, this time WITH the magazine! Just the big chassis underside plate to go now.
  • film_bufffilm_buff Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone.

I have a complete set of parts and magazines which I haven't started building and because of personal circumstances, am unlikely to.

I was considering placing the whole lot on eBay soon and would like to realise as much money for them as I can (who wouldn't) so was wondering what you all thought a fair reserve price might be?

Any advice is greatly received.

M
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    A fair reserve price would be whatever you are prepared to accept as a minimum. If your parts come from the original subscription, there is a good chance that the body panels will have mismatched paint. My estimate therefore would be that the reserve price should not be more than 50% of the original purchase price, so about $800 at the most. But it is entirely another matter how much the parts actually fetch on eBay. From what I have seen you would get a better price if you offered parts individually rather than as a lot, and included international postage.
    The unthinkable happened today. The missing parts arrived. Whoop de-frickin'-do! Only 9 months late.
    I didn't get the magazine or binders though. Time to get back to customer service...

pCHPiO9.jpg
  • film_bufffilm_buff Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone,

If any of you are interested, I have placed the entire collection of parts (1-85) on eBay now.

The auction ends next Sunday. My username is the-victim and it's in the Die Cast Vehicles/Magazines section of Toys and Games.

Good luck if you want to bid.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Anyone in the UK have any spare magazines? I managed to get the outstanding parts I needed from Germany but I'd like to have a complete English language magazine collection.

Also, I know it was recommended that the screws holding the main body to the chassis be changed out; anyone have the specs for the substitutes?

Thanks in advance!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Hi guys,

Well it looks like I've been roped into this bloody thing n all :))

A very very kind person has passed on to me a half baked db5 model. Only problem now is gathering the missing parts I need to complete it.

I've had a look through the instructions and from what I can gather, the previous builder got to issue 77 and gave up, so I'm missing some pretty important parts, namely the floorpan, chassis and front suspension bits. The rest I could fabricate myself or buy, such as the springs. The circuit board would be nice, but it's not critical.

So basically, if anyone can help out, has any of the issues spare from 77 onwards, or could even lend me some of the bits to use as reference so I can make my own replacements I would be extremely grateful, otherwise it looks like I'll have the front and arse end of a db5 that'll never get made into the final model it's meant to be (brings a tear to ya eyes don't it?).

Thanks for your time guys.

MG -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • bluevoicebluevoice Posts: 7MI6 Agent
    Hy guys, I'm building the model right now and there's one thing I don't seem to get right (or working) so I thought you could give me some guidance (advice). I put the front axle in place just as described in the instructions but now when I turn the steering wheel the front axle is pushed up instead of sideways and as a result the front wheels don't move. Seems like the front axle is not heavy enough or not staying in the right place to make good contact with the base of the steering wheel column. The front axle can move up and down and not stay into one place and that's what troubles me.

I'd like to know if any of you came across the same problem and was able to solve it.

Could someone help me explaining how to get it right? Any advice would be apreciated.
    front_axle.jpg
    There are only two possibilities: either you have faulty parts, or the assembly was wrong. Did you make sure that the metal pins have been put the right way up and driven deep enough into the plastic brackets? If not, the whole assembly may be too loose. I had to use a small hammer for that.
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Is the Steering Wheel column moving up an down or is it the Steering Rack that is not contacting the Steering Wheel gear, if the latter check for correct mounting screws and they should be tightened until they bottom out in the rack. Also check the front wheels, they are L & R handed. I made this mistake on first assy.
    Jag wrote:
    There are only two possibilities: either you have faulty parts, or the assembly was wrong. Did you make sure that the metal pins have been put the right way up and driven deep enough into the plastic brackets? If not, the whole assembly may be too loose. I had to use a small hammer for that.

Yes, I did push them deep enough, however the problem is with the front axle seems to be deliberate loose.
    It is supposed to feel a little loose initially. Once you assemble it all together then the weight of the model should fix it.
    Is the Steering Wheel column moving up an down or is it the Steering Rack that is not contacting the Steering Wheel gear, if the latter check for correct mounting screws and they should be tightened until they bottom out in the rack. Also check the front wheels, they are L & R handed. I made this mistake on first assy.

It is actually contacting but it seems that the contact is too weak so the front axle is pushed up. The screws are correct, I used part 79B (front suspension) to get the front axle into place.
    007db5_problem.jpg
    Jag wrote:
    It is supposed to feel a little loose initially. Once you assemble it all together then the weight of the model should fix it.

I understand, I'm missing part 77 (front body) but I'll put the rest of the model together (engine and interior & roof and rear), that will add some weight to the model.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I had this same issue, especially when it came to fitting the front bodywork.

I tightened in the silver screws to that the thread just came out the other side of the front axle. I think if i remember right the silver screws used aren't threaded along their entire length. The front axle was very loose, but the mechanism did work ok. I took a bit of blind faith and left it, when the model was complete everything with the steering worked fine.

Just one word of warning, when it comes to putting the front end on, take your time, be careful and make sure the radiator on the engine assemebly has been made properly. If it sticks out too far it'll stop the front end dropping into place. Took me 3 hours to figure that bit out.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    I had this same issue, especially when it came to fitting the front bodywork.

I tightened in the silver screws to that the thread just came out the other side of the front axle. I think if i remember right the silver screws used aren't threaded along their entire length. The front axle was very loose, but the mechanism did work ok. I took a bit of blind faith and left it, when the model was complete everything with the steering worked fine.

Just one word of warning, when it comes to putting the front end on, take your time, be careful and make sure the radiator on the engine assemebly has been made properly. If it sticks out too far it'll stop the front end dropping into place. Took me 3 hours to figure that bit out.

Thanks for the advice, I'll take my time when assembling the front end.
    One more question, could someone tell me where the silver screws must be used? For example, I can't find any reference in the manual to the silver type L screws (it just says use L screws), so I don't know where to use them.