GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    chris27989 wrote:
    I guessing im lucky one i managed to buy all the issues brand new off ebay for £370 inc postage..
    I wish everyone the best of luck finding there parts needed for the build.
    Ebay would be my solution for any parts needed

chris

Not a bad price, but have you checked if the paintwork matches on all body panels?
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    Got a surprise email today from Database Factory. They said the "publisher of the collection had asked them to contact me" about missing issues. I told her what I needed, she came back a few minutes later saying numbers 85 and 86 would be in the post, arriving in the next week to 10 days, while issue 84 and the binders are temporarily out of stock. She did say that they are waiting on a delivery of top up stock due to arrive early next week, so hopefully I'll have everything before the new year.

I hope the same goes for everyone else that's waiting as well!
  • Leijo007Leijo007 Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    I hope that as well!!!
    Another fella on the Partworks forum just got an email saying his resprayed panels had been sent out.... looks like things are finally getting sorted for everyone!
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    Hi everyone - I just tried to check the 007db5 website and I cant even open it - I guess this means its now closed and I cant subscribe ???

Help anyone, please ?
    yeah I just got on there - cant subscribe anymore though
    Site works but
    " Thank you for your interest but it is no longer possible to subscribe to this magazine in the UK."

I'm waiting for the post to get back to normal to get my missing parts...
    cant order back issues either !!
    anyone got any "spare" parts they are willing to sell ??
  • RCMadShaneRCMadShane Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    I am After Issue 46.. does anyone have a spare :(
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    The DB5 is now available in the Netherlands. www.007DB5.nl
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex
  • 007storm007storm The NetherlandsPosts: 345MI6 Agent
    What were the gifts in Great Brittain? In the Nederlands we get a box for the screws, 2 screw drivers, a dispay to put the car on, folder to store the magazines, and the hood for the car as gifts.
    My James Bond Collection:
    Antens007Archive
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Two Screwdrivers, Screw box, A book, Ultimate Goldfinger DVD and cover.

And STILL waiting for my Steering Wheel (3 Months now) X-(

If anyone has one (undamaged) spare (Issue 23) in the UK can they let me know please.
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    crocke007 wrote:
    anyone got any "spare" parts they are willing to sell ??

Sent you a PM.
    If anyone has one (undamaged) spare (Issue 23) in the UK can they let me know please.

Not in the UK but do have an extra wheel ...
    did someone say there's going to be a 3feet long model sometime soon ? - or was I dreaming ?
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    crocke007 wrote:
    did someone say there's going to be a 3feet long model sometime soon ? - or was I dreaming ?

No, at the time it was an insider heads up to what would be appearing in Skyfall -{
  • griffin_t_agriffin_t_a Racine, WI USAPosts: 26MI6 Agent
    Working on a 1/8 Connery for this model. Maybe I'll make casts.
    connery.jpg
  • graycbrgraycbr Sutton Bridge ,LincsPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    edited February 2013
    After this car ,but it's ended in the UK ....
    Cant order it aswell :# ,can't get back issues :#
    Not paying stupid prices on EBAY ...
    Any ideas how I can get this ???
    graycbr wrote:

Actually, I would keep watching eBay; yes there are some crazy listings, but there are some reasonable ones as well.
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    graycbr wrote:

Actually, I would keep watching eBay; yes there are some crazy listings, but there are some reasonable ones as well.

But would I get a full set ????
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    graycbr wrote:

• cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    don't suppose anyone has some spare screws with which to do the final assembly of the metal frame and plastic undercarriage do they? the screws i have are too short :/
    don't suppose anyone has some spare screws with which to do the final assembly of the metal frame and plastic undercarriage do they? the screws i have are too short :/

The screw box and a rather large assortment of screws just went for nearly £30 on eBay!

It would seem like these could be sourced through a hobby shop, particularly one that specialized in model trains.
    graycbr wrote:

Not quite sure what you're asking: If you bid on a "full set," you'd get a full set. If you mean would all the drawings and extra bits (binders, etc.) be there, that seems to vary from listing to listing.

Singe issues would have totaled about £600 which is roughly what I paid for a full set on eBay and given the number of people currently listing complete sets as a lot, there really isn't any reason to pay more; the listings for £1,200 and so on are outrageous and while I think the model will eventually appreciate, it's going to be years before we see any substantial uptick.

Assembled cars are going for as little as £400, though a good many of the listings require the buyer to collect in person.

Where are you located?
  • cris_19010689cris_19010689 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    PoorMansJB wrote:

The screw box and a rather large assortment of screws just went for nearly £30 on eBay!

It would seem like these could be sourced through a hobby shop, particularly one that specialized in model trains.

arse, i'd have paid more than that just to be in with a chance of completing the model :/
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Damned if I can remember where but saw the completed parts set for £500 within the last week, UK seller too.
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    graycbr wrote:

Not quite sure what you're asking: If you bid on a "full set," you'd get a full set. If you mean would all the drawings and extra bits (binders, etc.) be there, that seems to vary from listing to listing.

Singe issues would have totaled about £600 which is roughly what I paid for a full set on eBay and given the number of people currently listing complete sets as a lot, there really isn't any reason to pay more; the listings for £1,200 and so on are outrageous and while I think the model will eventually appreciate, it's going to be years before we see any substantial uptick.

Assembled cars are going for as little as £400, though a good many of the listings require the buyer to collect in person.

Where are you located?

If I start collecting these of ebay would I get a full set ?
    A full set on ebay are going for silly money £900 +
    I'm at Sutton Bridge, Lincs near Kings Lynn..
    Do you think the mag will be released ?
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    graycbr wrote:
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    graycbr wrote:

Where are you located?

If I start collecting these of ebay would I get a full set ?

WHO KNOWS?

A full set on ebay are going for silly money £900

SO, you can get a full set but thats too much? the set cost £700 if you collected them

I'm at Sutton Bridge, Lincs near Kings Lynn..l

currently or do you live there?

Do you think the mag will be released ?

do you mean re-released - probably not

OMG where were you when you could buy these, I should think its better to just pay the £900 and be grateful you did not have to wait two years like everyone else