GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• BainerBondBainerBond Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Thanks Jamster and MDK for clearing up that issue, much appreciated.
  • Knight1966Knight1966 Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Jamster wrote:
    Vid has been removed.

Could possibly be an issue with the still photo of the AM Factory, AML are very very very touchy about photo's of the factory being used without consent, when i visited the factory 6 years ago When i got my camera out and asked if I could take a few snps i was very quickly advised to put it away or I would be asked to leave.
    Teppo wrote:
    You sound like a commercial :v :D

WTF? I'm getting a little ticked off with Twattish comments like this and the use of "Shifty" Smileys How dare you make slanderous implications, like the last Prat that suggested that go !@#* yourself!!!!

And what of those posting positive comments about their experience with the parts they've received so far, I suppose you think they're all company employees too do you?

Admins don't waste your time banning me from the forum for offensive comments I'm out of here of my own accord, I don't need to put up with twattish comments like this just because I'm enthusiastic about the opportunity of owning one of these kits and support the manufacturers efforts to provide one. To all those with a genuine passion for this kit good luck with your builds I hope you'll be a happy with yours as I will be with mine, Farewell. And to the minority of narrow minded **** get a frigging life or go stuff your heads up your arses!!!! How do you like that for a commercial?

Goodbye
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Knight1966 wrote:
    Teppo wrote:
    You sound like a commercial :v :D

WTF? I'm getting a little ticked off with Twattish comments like this and the use of "Shifty" Smileys How dare you make slanderous implications, like the last Prat that suggested that go !@#* yourself!!!!

And what of those posting positive comments about their experience with the parts they've received so far, I suppose you think they're all company employees too do you?

Admins don't waste your time banning me from the forum for offensive comments I'm out of here of my own accord, I don't need to put up with twattish comments like this just because I'm enthusiastic about the opportunity of owning one of these kits and support the manufacturers efforts to provide one. To all those with a genuine passion for this kit good luck with your builds I hope you'll be a happy with yours as I will be with mine, Farewell. And to the minority of narrow minded **** get a frigging life or go stuff your heads up your arses!!!! How do you like that for a commercial?

Goodbye

Oh dear someone got exposed. Now you really don't wanna play games with me, i suggest you apologize your behavior or hit the road. What's it gonna be big boy, you're gonna give me a kiss or what?
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
    edited January 2011
    ..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I think he has blown a gasket :D

Is this like a game of hang man :v
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Knight1966 wrote:
    Teppo wrote:

Oh dear someone got exposed. Now you really don't wanna play games with me, i suggest you apologize your behavior or hit the road. What's it gonna be big boy, you're gonna give me a kiss or what?

Exposed? you're freaking delusional, the only sad prat playing games round here is you. If you had half a brain you'd realise that no 'Employee' would ever make the following comment on a public board.

GO **** YOURSELF YOU SILLY LITTLE **** DO SOMETHING USEFUL LIKE EAT **** AND DIE!

You finished yet?
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
    Thank you for your opinion
    My Apologies to the Admins/Owners of the forum for my use of profanities.
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    No Apologies for the person you used them towards then :D Man you calmed down quick, did you take a Valium or something :)) .

I would love to see your AM collection, as you seem very Passionate about it :))
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    No Apologies for the person you used them towards then :D Man you calmed down quick, did you take a Valium or something :)) .

I would love to see your AM collection, as you seem very Passionate about it :))

I'm only sorry I allowed myself to be goaded by such a non entity, calmed down quick? No, just decided they weren't worth the effort of lifting my fingers to type a response and play their pathetic game I'm a better person than that.

AM collection? hardly substantial. Passionate? No, I just don't appreciate being portrayed as something I'm not, I have no connections with GE other than I've subscribed to buy this kit like a few others, just felt a few we're being too critical of what is a great kit for the price, it's just an opinion same as yours or anyone else's, why others have to then try and portray me as some Viral employee, plugging the product just seems pathetic to me but annoying also.

Well, all said and done, looking on the positives it's highlighted the urgent need for a 'Block user/ignore post' button.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    lmao well someone aint been taking their happy pills....

calm down lad, tep was only having a laugh.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • mdkmdk Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Jamster wrote:
    Vid has been removed.
    Yeah it's strange the video vanished, it wasn't really easy to find in the first place.. as it wasn't searchable or available on the uploaders site.
  • brogusbluebrogusblue Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    The aston martin book arrived today ..damaged looks like its been scuffed along the floor.. X-( .. just rang customer services for a replacement.. still waiting for the partworks 1,2&3 to arrive just brought parts 1&2 in whsmiths
  • jbukjbuk Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    just got the aston martin book myself it is a little scuffed but its not a hard back came with an odd letter sayingyour subscription gift of the aston martin book is on its way im still waiting for issues 1 2 and 3 yet:s
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    jbuk wrote:
    just got the aston martin book myself it is a little scuffed but its not a hard back came with an odd letter sayingyour subscription gift of the aston martin book is on its way im still waiting for issues 1 2 and 3 yet:s

Ditto on the parts,but the book is in mint condition..still film wrapped.. -{ :007)
  • jbukjbuk Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Dokk wrote:
    jbuk wrote:

Ditto on the parts,but the book is in mint condition..still film wrapped.. -{ :007)
    Impressed with the book some good images i like seeing the db5 in red for a change
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    Got my book today as well; no sign of the first issues though. The book's in mint condition.

I also didn't get my password for logging into my account on the mysubscriptionhelp.com website, I emailed them about it but still haven't gotten a reply!
  • MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    I'm really looking forward to issue 3 now, it's great having this to look forward to. I just hope it don't stop half way through the year.

Can't wait to get the Body of the car and add the parts to it.
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"
    jbuk wrote:

Ditto, Ditto and Ditto at least they're consistant and doing the same to all of us, can't believe the book was only in a plastic bag, no 'Do Not bend' sticker or anything
    Knight1966 wrote:
    jbuk wrote:

Ditto, Ditto and Ditto at least they're consistant and doing the same to all of us, can't believe the book was only in a plastic bag, no 'Do Not bend' sticker or anything

I just hope once they start sending these out they are protected well.....
    I'll be MAD if I get Magazines or parts damaged and scuffed etc.
    They should dispatch them in a sturdy box.
    Just had another wee look at site & noticed that the windows are halfway open!..does this mean they will be operable????? -{ :007)
    Dokk wrote:
    Just had another wee look at site & noticed that the windows are halfway open!..does this mean they will be operable????? -{ :007)

Would be great but can't see it. Then again until the model is nearly complete who knows.....
  • mdkmdk Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Dokk wrote:

I had a look at the diagrams and the passenger side window is that short with holes at the bottom that attach it to the frame and door, so I guess the windows are not operable:(
  • ExinferisExinferis West Norfolk (for my sins!)Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Hi all,

I'm new here; just joined as I too have subscribed to the partwork.

I'm not the worlds biggest Bond fan, but I do enjoy most of the films; especially the early ones with Connery and More. My main motivation for getting this, though, is I am a bit of a classic car nut! This'll be the closest I'll ever get to owning a DB5, that's for sure!

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and I have seen a little negativity with this model, which I can understand if you're a hardcore Bond fan, but from a more casual standpoint I think this particular model strikes a good balance between acuracy and price. I did have a look at the German, pre-built model and, although I'm sure it's as accurate as possible, I think it's £2,500. price tag is a little much (considering my last actual car cost me just over a grand and it takes me places! :D ), so for under £600. I think the Fabrri effort is good value for money. And, if what I'm reading about changes being made "on the fly" are correct, I can see it working out well.

Just my tuppenceworth!

I'm still awaiting the delivery of my first three parts so can't comment on them just yet, but I did get my free book on Friday and, like a couple of others have mentioned, it was in a right state! All creased and with a massive dent to the lower corner meaning all the pages are dog-eared at the bottom. Bit of a daft idea sending it in a plastic bag, methinks! Is it worth e-mailing Fabrri do you think? It was free, I know, but would have liked a better condition example to go with my other car books.

Hope to chat to you all in the future!

Ex.
    "I collect Spores, Moulds and Fungus" - Egon Spengler
    Exinferis wrote:
    Hi all,

I'm new here; just joined as I too have subscribed to the partwork.

I'm not the worlds biggest Bond fan, but I do enjoy most of the films; especially the early ones with Connery and More. My main motivation for getting this, though, is I am a bit of a classic car nut! This'll be the closest I'll ever get to owning a DB5, that's for sure!

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and I have seen a little negativity with this model, which I can understand if you're a hardcore Bond fan, but from a more casual standpoint I think this particular model strikes a good balance between acuracy and price. I did have a look at the German, pre-built model and, although I'm sure it's as accurate as possible, I think it's £2,500. price tag is a little much (considering my last actual car cost me just over a grand and it takes me places! :D ), so for under £600. I think the Fabrri effort is good value for money. And, if what I'm reading about changes being made "on the fly" are correct, I can see it working out well.

Just my tuppenceworth!

I'm still awaiting the delivery of my first three parts so can't comment on them just yet, but I did get my free book on Friday and, like a couple of others have mentioned, it was in a right state! All creased and with a massive dent to the lower corner meaning all the pages are dog-eared at the bottom. Bit of a daft idea sending it in a plastic bag, methinks! Is it worth e-mailing Fabrri do you think? It was free, I know, but would have liked a better condition example to go with my other car books.

Hope to chat to you all in the future!

Ex.

Of course you should contact them regarding the book....& your comments are most welcome....by the way we went decimal in the 70s...so it should read " Just my 2 newpence worth"....LOL..welcome to the forum...stick with it!,it'll be fun!!!...-{ :007)
    edited January 2011
    Parts 1,2 & 3 arrived today.. no damage well pleased.. I trying to wait a bit longer before building it .. seeing the bonnet today gives you a idea how big this db5 is going to be .. :o.. I hope they do a base or a case maybe with Q & 007
    brogusblue wrote:
    Parts 1,2 & 3 arrived today.. no damage well pleased.. I trying to wait a bit longer before building it .. see the bonnet today gives you a idea how big this db5 is going to be .. :o.. I hope they do a base or a case maybe with Q & 007

I'm waiting on part 3. Great news they all arrived in good condition, how was it packaged was it boxed or sturdy envelope ie cardboard ??? Thanks again.
    Like the book in a large grey plastic mailing bag.. just waiting for a replacement book sent today (24th) hopefully this time with no damage
    Thanks for your reply. Plastic Bag is a bit naff.X-(

I also hope they do some sort of Acrylic display case with a wooden plinth.