GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    cheers for that.

hmmmm, still pondering. shall i, shan't i? ah christ i dunno what to do. :s
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • brogusbluebrogusblue Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    i was thinking about it .. as i had my fingers burnt with deagostini with a 1/2 built spitfire X-(.. so i thought sod it ... i will go for it... and see what happens seems they are saying all the parts are reserved for you.. I kmow its expensive 8-) but i was bowled over with all the working gadgets and the size of it..:)
  • JamsterJamster ukPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    I opened up the parts package yesterday. I was surprised at the bulletproof screen as I assumed it would be plastic, but was actually metal. Felt fairly substantial. Not sure if it would stop a bullet though....

I think I am tempted but would hope that there would be more articles in the actual magazine from issue 2 onwards. Definately gonna buy the next few issues then make a decision.
  • Knight1966Knight1966 Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Minigeff,

All I can say is, "It is better to have loved :x and lost, than to never have loved at all :( " put it this way, you have nothing to lose by subscribing, if you so wish you can cancel with 28 days notice then sell your parts on to others for spares, but if you don't get any you'll always wish you had and kick yourself when in 3-5 years you can only find them on ebay for 3X the price.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/james_bond/12602.shtml

Who knew about the little radar antenna hidden in the wing mirror? 1st time I've ever seen that, take note critics, even Danbury and Autoart missed that.
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Knight1966 wrote:

Who knew about the little radar antenna hidden in the wing mirror? 1st time I've ever seen that, take note critics, even Danbury and Autoart missed that.

http://www.astonmartins.com/db4_5_6_s/images/DSC_4752.jpg -{
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • jimmybondijimmybondi ShrublandsPosts: 328MI6 Agent
    Knight1966 wrote:

Not all features were shown in the movie, like the hidden gun compartment under the driver's seat and the car phone!
    The was a nice (BBC?) feature about the DB5 on one of the Goldfinger DVD editions.

...Still not able to subscribe in Germany...
    gez.
    Jimmybondi

007fyeoturboespritbronz.jpg
    jimmybondi wrote:
    ...Still not able to subscribe in Germany...

Same situation in Finland, but then again I was one of those criticizing the quality :o
    However i'd be appreciated if someone could post some actual pics of some of the parts -{
    Yes, I know there's the website, but it's not the same thing :v

Formerly known as Teppo
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    Just pulled the trigger and subscribed. Yeah, so it's expensive, and it might be a wee bit inaccurate, but I don't care. It's a frickin' huge, 2-foot long DB5! Brilliant!

It's my all time favourite car, and let's face it, the nearest I'll ever get to a DB5.

Just waiting on the confirmation email now!
  • BainerBondBainerBond Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Hi,

I took the plunge and subscribed. I had my confirmation letter through the other day with a list of dates etc that the magazines will be sent and payments taken from my account.

I'm not a serial model maker and for that matter not a huge Bond fan like many in this forum but I have to say when I saw the tv advert and seen how big the model is I was hooked.

I'm really looking forward to receiving the parts and putting them all together. I only hope that the finished article will be as good if not better than the prototype shown in the advert.
  • Q and MQ and M IrelandPosts: 171MI6 Agent
    if your a die hard bond fan, it really is a must have to add to the collection, regardless of inaccuracies, it probably is the closest you can get and bigest to a db5
    MML wrote:
    .......... so it's expensive, and it might be a wee bit inaccurate, but I don't care. It's a frickin' huge, 2-foot long DB5! Brilliant!

It's my all time favourite car, and let's face it, the nearest I'll ever get to a DB5.

What more reason do you need? Ditto ditto ditto
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    Knight1966 wrote:
    MML wrote:
    .......... so it's expensive, and it might be a wee bit inaccurate, but I don't care. It's a frickin' huge, 2-foot long DB5! Brilliant!

What more reason do you need? Ditto ditto ditto

Still didn't get the confirmation email! They're taking their time....
    MML wrote:

Still didn't get the confirmation email! They're taking their time....

I first signed up in Sept, got my letter yesterday, just give em a call, speak to the lovely Georgie and she'll set your mind at ease. I'd like to know who got AM000001. Saw it on the shelf in WH Smiths today OMG!!!!!!! can't wait til mine drops on the mat. So nearly bought issue 1 just to look at the badges and that grill, fantastic!!!!!!
  • spencer50spencer50 Just outside GrimsbyPosts: 111MI6 Agent
    I'm a Aston Martin & a Bond fan also, I signed up for this kit last year & I'm looking forward to it resuming. I've always loved this particular car, as when I was a nipper, I actually got to sit in the drivers seat of the promotion model when it was on show in a local garage! Never forgot that image! Now I get a chance to get a large scale model that I put together myself. I don't mind about a few inaccuracies, I'm not a perfectionist, if that what you want in a model, then you need to spend 3 times the amount.

I wonder how some of you are going to display their model when its complete?
    My cabinets are not wide enough, so I'm making a wooden polished base for it, having a glass/acrylic cover made, plus I'm lucky enough to have at my disposal a powerful hydraulic ram that will lift it up onto display when needed! Bit of a gadget freak too!
    Has anyone else any ideas about displays?
    Hmmmm, think i'll opt for a wooden base, with profiled edges, felt underside, with a sheet of mirrored acrylic recessed into the top. AM logos etched in to the acrylic and possibly a case to go over the model.

If anyone wants a base making, drop me an email.

MG
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I'll contact you MG, when i get confirmation -{

Formerly known as Teppo
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Teppo wrote:
    I'll contact you MG, when i get confirmation -{

Best get your order in with part 1 :D :v
  • Kai RoweKai Rowe Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    They re going to offer a base for this down the line if anybody wants to hold on.
    Do you have that on good authority Kai Rowe??? I think the finished article needs something to sit on and and be shown in all its glory.
    I've tried getting my hands on the first issue just to get a glimpse of what the parts are like, their quality etc etc but every damned newsagent I've tried they've all been sold out !!!
    Kai Rowe wrote:
    They re going to offer a base for this down the line if anybody wants to hold on.

not like what i got in mind pal.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    What do you have in mind minigeff and what sort of price would we be looking at?
    see the previous page for my initial idea.

the price depends on spec, but i'll be able to do pretty much anything you require by the time you'll need it.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Leijo007Leijo007 Posts: 106MI6 Agent
    Sorry to quote something from two pages back, but:
    crocke007 wrote:
    hey all

I spoke to GE today - they confirmed that all existing subscribers will be entered into the draw for the Omega.

We'll also get letters of confirmation of when to expect deliveries, and details on how to access our "account" on the website ( that bit isn't not working yet ), so we should be hearing from them soon.

I already have issues 1 - 6 ( but not 3 !!! ) so i will apparenlty get issues 7 - 10 at the end of Feb !!

I never received issue 3 either. I got a letter saying it was out of stock! Are there any others on here who subscribed to the test run and never received issue 3?
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    i have received an email from GE , i subscribed last year and received issues 1 - 6, minus 3 also !!!!, they said that 3 will be sent asap, and that when the issues reach number 7, i'll get them again with issue 7 free of charge !!!!

as for the display base, i think some sort of turntable with a glass or clear plastic cover would be good, any suggestions ???
    BainerBond wrote:
    Do you have that on good authority Kai Rowe??? I think the finished article needs something to sit on and and be shown in all its glory.
    I've tried getting my hands on the first issue just to get a glimpse of what the parts are like, their quality etc etc but every damned newsagent I've tried they've all been sold out !!!

They ve confirmed they re working on one.It ll be offered towards the end of the run.
    edited January 2011
    Please ignore this,did nt read properly.
    Kai Rowe wrote:
    BainerBond wrote:

They ve confirmed they re working on one.It ll be offered towards the end of the run.

will they be offering a choice of woods, finishes and profiles? or a choice of artwork to be engraved on the base? or a personalisation of your name or anything else you'd require?

hmmmm, probably not.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Jeff you just know I'm up for one of these, given that theres is plenty of time for the design, can I request a turntable version (powered of course) {[]
    Jeff you just know I'm up for one of these, given that theres is plenty of time for the design, can I request a turntable version (powered of course) {[]

andy, ya do realise thats over 600mm in diameter? pretty big space ya gonna need for it. :s
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org