GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Markbr wrote:
    Thanks for your reply. Plastic Bag is a bit naff.X-(

I also hope they do some sort of Acrylic display case with a wooden plinth.

you do realise that an outside company would charge hundreds for that? don't get ya hopes up too high lads.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • DokkDokk Posts: 382MI6 Agent
    brogusblue wrote:
    Like the book in a large grey plastic mailing bag.. just waiting for a replacement book sent today (24th) hopefully this time with no damage

Didn't like the way all the mags were loose..too easy for them nice lads at the P.O...to bend or tear..would have preferred the parts to be in a clear bag with the mags...can see future probs if that is the form of posting throughout. -{ :007)
  • jbukjbuk Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    got issues 1-3 aswell today impressed with the parts all seem top quality like how the seat is sort of adjustable looking forward to issues 4-7 is a couple of weeks time so far so good:D
  • dr yesdr yes Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    hi anybody had any problems with the registration plate clicking in to place because mines isnt
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    Got issues 1-3 today, very impressed with the quality of the parts. It was interesting to see the actual size photos; nice to see just how huge it actually is.
    All credit to the designers, they did an amazing job in the engineering of the kit!
    There was also a fold-up cardboard storage box included, it'll probably become redundant once the hardback folder arrives.

All in all I'm very happy with it, but it's going to be a very long wait until it's done. I don't know how they're going to fill 85 issues of the magazine itself, there's only so much they can write about unless they decide to cover all the Bond films!
  • MMLMML IrelandPosts: 72MI6 Agent
    dr yes wrote:
    hi anybody had any problems with the registration plate clicking in to place because mines isnt

It doesn't click as such, the diagram is incorrect - apparently it is held in place by the body of the car once the bumper is fitted.
  • ExinferisExinferis West Norfolk (for my sins!)Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    Dokk wrote:
    Of course you should contact them regarding the book....& your comments are most welcome....by the way we went decimal in the 70s...so it should read " Just my 2 newpence worth"....LOL..welcome to the forum...stick with it!,it'll be fun!!!...-{ :007)

Heh, heh! Belive it or not I was born after decimalisation! I just spend an inordinate amount of time on American forums and like to keep the British end up by being pedantic! $0.02 worth indeed! That's about, what? A third of a Penny? Tisk! ;)

Anyhoo, think I'll fire off an e-mail to Fabbri and see if I can't get a replacement booky wook then. Thanks for that.

I also got my first three parts today; there must be something about West Norfolk (other than it's the dullest place on Earth) that attracts damaged-in-the-post... erm, post! The parts themselves are fine, but the mags were just dumped in a plastic bag with no protection whatsoever. The slip case is all dinged and dented and the large card for issue 2 was ripped. Luckily I'm not going to be keeping the backing cards (which is just as well as I didn't get the one for part 1!) so it's not a major issue for me; I intorduced it to Mr. Green Bin! :D But I know some people collect everything and I can understand why some would be miffed at a ripped and/or missing card.

Thankfully the mags and blueprints (they're a nice touch!) were fine, so I can't complain too much. Just imparting some info for those who care to read it! :)

Looking forward to my next four issues in a couple of weeks time. Getting one delivery a month will, I think, make the time seem to pass more quickly. Only 82 issues to go! Woohoo! -{
    "I collect Spores, Moulds and Fungus" - Egon Spengler
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    there must be something about West Norfolk , aint you all related or something :v :D
  • p17blop17blo Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Can anyone confirm the parts they received?
    I am SOOOOOOO confused!
    I received the following:
    Issue 01 Magazine (with picture of DB5 from front on cover and pics of Grill, Badges and Bulletproof Screen on Back)
    Issue 02 Magazine (with picture of protruding bumbers on cover and pic of Bonnet on back)
    Part Identification sheets 1, 2 and 3
    Parts - Bulletproof Screen, Grill and Badges
    Parts - Bonnet
    Parts - Seats, Bumper and Front Number Plate

Now, I don't appear to have received issue 3 magazine, but also I receive various flyers which shows issue 3 as being a tyre and a centre console and issue 4 being a bonnet (which was my issue 2). Also should I have received Part Identification Sheet 4 or does that come with Issue 4?

By the way, if anyone is interested, also included in my delivery was a delivery note from Comag Forward from Coventry for a Pallet of 20 boxes of 100 going back to MARCH 2009! LOL! Comag are on my doorstep, wonder if it is worth sticking my head in their warehouse when I am passing.....

Paul
  • brogusbluebrogusblue Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    Recieved today mag parts 1-3 , 3 blue prints & binder box

1) radiator grill, badges, bullet proof screen
    2) drivers seat, front buper, number plate
    3) bonnet and superleggera logo

Coming next delivery mag parts 4-7 part4 blue print & binder (I think)
    4) oil cap, cylinder head, fan, fan belt, timing case
    5) tyre, control console assembly
    6) drivers wing mirror,weapons drawbase, silencer, gun,barrel, gun stock, throwing knife, gun, grenade, roof panel
    7) gearbox, sump, clutch slave cylinder, engine bracing piece, starter motor

th_DSCF0005.jpg
    th_DSCF0004.jpg
    DB5_1_of_1.jpg
    DB5_1_of_2.jpg
    DB5_3.jpg
    DB5_4.jpg
    DB5_5.jpg
    DB5_6.jpg

Here are the first 6 parts of the DB5 ...they might not be in this order..these are pics from the promo issues last year -{ :007)
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    FAO G.E.Fabbri,

As an original subscriber I've noted that the new relaunched issues contain numbered blueprints where the originals did not or are these simply the pages which were part of each magazine? Will these "6" blueprints be automatically forwarded to us?

Additionally if the tyre is now Dunlop branded? will this part also be forwarded to us?

A condition of not cancelling the original subscription was G.E. Fabbri assured us any part which was improved upon would be supplied without additional cost.

Thank you.
  • MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the pics Dokk.

Can't wait to get my issue 3. Still showing not yet dispatched.

Anyway how are you guys going to keep your parts ??? ie I'm keeping mine all boxed until parts of the car body are released so I can build it.
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"
  • TechkatTechkat Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Hi

Pls can anyone clarify the packaging these are being sent out in -clear/opaque plastic bag /box etc. Will they fit through letter box without damage -can posty see that ramming it through letter box is going to break something?

Many thanks in advance
  • CAMERA_MANCAMERA_MAN Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    We are also looking at how we can improve things. It’s already clear that we need to improve the packaging for subscribers. This is from John Steed some time ago on this forum!!!

X-(Just joined this group after enjoying it as a reader for some time.

I have to agree with some of the comments made re the first delivery
    1) Aston Martin Book Trashed - Replacement being sent
    2) Issues 1-3 poorly packed and only issue 3 and blueprints were ok. The rest were damaged and the Photo Booklet and The Introduction booklet were both "Glued Together" and torn.

Putting them in this sort of plastic bag pagaging will only lead to further problems!

Contacted G E Fabbri for replacements on the 1st despatch.

If John Steed "Project Manager" is reading this newsgroup or someone from the Publishers please reply!!!!!
  • BainerBondBainerBond Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Techkat wrote:
    Hi

Pls can anyone clarify the packaging these are being sent out in -clear/opaque plastic bag /box etc. Will they fit through letter box without damage -can posty see that ramming it through letter box is going to break something?

Many thanks in advance

Hi Techkat

All I can say is that I received issues 1 - 3 the other day and they were delivered in a large grey plastic bag (not see through). There was no way it was going to go through our letter box so really it helps if there is someone at home the time the postie is on his round otherwise it will be a card through the door and a trip to the parcel depot to pick it up. The parts themselves are extremely well packaged although the backing card may get bent on the corners but that's all.

I notice a few people are keeping their parts un-opened until further on down the line before starting to assemble the car. As for me I'm opening the parts to check they are ok and then re-sealing them. I have to say the quality is exceptional, this car is gonna be awesome!!!
    Techkat wrote:
    Hi

Many thanks in advance

Big Grey Plastic santa bag,mags & leaflets loose..won't fit thru letterbox. -{ :007)
    Here's a break down of the parts list, i have split it into 4's so you can roughly see what you are getting per month, hope this helps

GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale DB5 Parts List – 4 parts monthly – 85 Magazine parts total

Number of parts 255, Screws needed 302, screwdrivers needed 2 small crosshead

1) Radiator grill, Aston Martin Badges, Bulletproof Screen
    2) Driver’s Seat cushion, Driver’s seat base, Driver’s seat Back, Driver’s seat cover, Right arm driver’s seat, Left arm driver’s seat, Front rotating number plate and base, Front bumper and overrider
    3) Hood and Superleggera logo

4) Oil cap, Cylinder Head, Fan, Fan Belt, Timing case
    5) Tyre, Control console assembly
    6) Driver’s wing mirror, Weapons drawer base and cover, Silencer, Gun barrel, Gun stock, Throwing knife, Gun, Grenade, Roof panel
    7) Driver’s seat adjuster, Left engine block

8) Gearbox, Sump, Clutch slave cylinder, Engine bracing piece
    9) Exhaust manifold, Ignition lead holder and leads, Distributor cap and leads, Carburettor assembly
    10) Right camshaft cover and breather cap assembly, Left camshaft and left breather assembly, Cross shaft assembly , Radiator hose
    11) Oil filter assembly, Right engine block

12) Water pump impeller, Crankshaft pulley shaft, Crankshaft, pulley, Engine right hose, Rear Bulkhead and electronic connection, Screen washer, Screen washer cap
    13) Power box, Power box top, Left & right bulkheads, Right brake servo
    14) Left brake servo, Air box, Air box hose, Air cleaner cover, Air cleaner, Alternator control, Brake fluid reservoirs
    15) Starter solenoid, Ignition coil, Blower trunking, Tyre

16) Left calliper, Inner wheel rim
    17) Outer wheel rim, Wheel rim ring
    18) Washer , Front brake disc, Front wheel slasher
    19) Right calliper, Inner wheel rim

20) Outer wheel rim
    21) Wheel rim ring, Washer
    22) Front brake disc, Front wheel slasher
    23) Steering wheel and electrical connection, Upper steering column, Lower steering column, Headlamp control

24) Dashboard and electrical connection, Air vent switch
    25) Dashboard mount and electrical connections, Left air vent base, Left air vent cover, Air vent switch
    26) Right air vent base, Right air vent cover, Control front plate, Dials, Light switch, Lighter
    27) Glove compartment door, Ignition key, Dashboard controls, Choke, Ignition switch and electrical connections

28) Speaker grille, Speaker cover, Speaker and wire
    29) Monitor housing and heating control, Screen cover, Radio, Monitor, Gear stick
    30) Pedals
    31) Handbrake, Effects team’s stunt controls, Gear stick retainer

32) Ejector seat lever, Ejector seat lever covers
    33) Trigger housing, Rear and front
    34) Ejector seat trigger wire, Ejector seat spring, Rear seat, Middle part, Rear seat
    35) Floor panel

36) Bonnet hinge, Support rod holder
    37) Support rod, Radiator, Front and rear, Water tank part
    38) Front bumper base part, Front bumper base, Arm Rest, Door handle
    39) Left door panel, Window, Window frame

40) Hinge, Retainer, Lock
    41) Passenger Door
    42) Telephone compartment, Door handle
    43) Arm rest, Panel and trim, Window frame

44) Hinge, Retainer, Lock
    45) Driver’s door
    46) Inside roof, Sun visor
    47) Sun visor, Inner roof cover

48) Windshield frame, Windshield, Windshield silicone ring
    49) Rear wind screen, Rear wind screen frame, Rear windshield silicone ring
    50) Right fuel tank, Right fuel tank cover, Left fuel tank cover hinge
    51) Left fuel tank, Left fuel tank cover, Right fuel tank cover hinge

52) Car body top
    53) Left quaterlight window frame, Left quaterlight window knob, Left quaterlight window part, Right quaterlight window knob, Right quaterlight window part, Right quaterlight window
    54) Right quaterlight window frame, Rear shelf panel, Rear seat back
    55) Rear shelf panel back

56) Rear licence plate frame, Boot lid handle
    57) Boot lid
    58) Rear licence plate and base, Right tail light plate retainer, Let tail light retainer, Rear bulletproof housing
    59) Bulletproof screen spring housing, front bulletproof screen housing

60) Bulletproof screen trigger, Boot lid hinge
    61) Tyre
    62) Rear wheel
    63) Rear axle, Rear axle back, Supporting linkages

64) Transmission shaft
    65) Tyre
    66) Rear Wheel
    67) Passenger seat, Seat body, Seat back, Right arm, Left arm

68) Seat hook, Seat adjuster, Screw covers
    69) Right tail lights and electronics
    70) Left tail lights and electronics
    71) Rear wings section

72) Right arm rest and seat belt, Left arm rest and seat belt, Boot lid hinge cover, Boot and electronic part,
    73) Rear bumper, Licence plate retainer, Passenger side mirror
    74) Antenna, Left headlight
    75) Right headlight, Left side rail, Right side rail

76) Bonnet holders, Bonnet holder mounts
    77) Front body
    78) Left coil spring retainer, right coil spring retainer, Front suspension shafts, Front suspension springs
    79) Front axle, Front suspension

80) Main pcb
    81) Car Frame
    82) Right exhaust top, Right exhaust bottom, Left rear exhaust pipe, Left exhaust top, Left exhaust bottom, Right rear exhaust pipe
    83) Battery door, Battery door Screw, Battery and electronic connections

84) Chassis, Stabiliser, Wire Retainers, Washers
    85) Left window screen wiper, Right window screen wiper, Rear suspension springs
  • Hi all, I am new to this forum after reading with interest everyones comments on this model since I first saw the TV ad at the start of January.
    As others have stated there has been a lot of negativity about the model and some just and fair comments and its scale accuracy, however on the whole I do think it is good value given its fairly unique presence in the marketplace. As such I have taken the plunge and subscribed.

Like a lot of you my first parcel ( bag 8-) ) arrived yesterday and was pretty beaten up. The slipcase is bent out of shape and the backing card for issue 2 is ruined (they didnt include the backing card for the first issue??) The mags were ok and the parts more importantly seem perfect within thier packaging. Quality looks good so far too, its just a shame that thier packaging is so poor. I have e-mailed Fabbri with my concerns on this, hopefully they will improve it if enough of us complain!

Overall, really looking forward to this project, will probably add a bit of extra detail along the build to improve the model slightly, but will see how it goes. Have got a big plastic storage box to store all the parts safely until Have them all ready for assembly.

Good luck chaps -{
  • Michael CorbenMichael Corben Leicester, UKPosts: 31MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    Techkat wrote:

Hi. Received issues 1-3 today. I wasn't home so had to collect it from the Post Office. It is definitely to big to fit through the letterbox. The outer packaging is grey plastic. Inside is a card slipcase similar to issue 1 in the shop for the magazines and the parts are loose in their packaging.

However, my magazines where all wrapped together in polythene, the Life-size Photographs and Blueprints were loose and Introducing the Model was missing altogether but I had bought issue 1 anyway.

The parts themselves seem very well packaged inside a double skin but there does seem to be some inconsistancies in the way some packaging is done from what I have read in other posts.

Overall I am very pleased with my first delivery....only another 21 to go! :s
    I have emailed them to ask if they can improve on there packaging as well.
    I did state that I will cancel my subscription and collect it from my local newsagents if I receive damaged or beaten up parcels.
    If they get enough feedback I'm sure they will improve on there packaging.
    There Email is 007db5@dbfactory.co.uk.
  • Markbr wrote:
    I did state that I will cancel my subscription and collect it from my local newsagents if I receive damaged or beaten up parcels.

Well "John Steed" did say they would improve the packaging some time ago!

Has anyone actually recieved a password to enter the subscribers area of the website yet? Im still waiting for mine and noticed some others saying the same.
    Markbr wrote:

Well "John Steed" did say they would improve the packaging some time ago!

Has anyone actually recieved a password to enter the subscribers area of the website yet? Im still waiting for mine and noticed some others saying the same.
    I got my password straight away !!! Once you've logged in your able to check your latest issues for dispatch and account details.
  • CAMERA_MANCAMERA_MAN Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    I have emailed them but the email address is not for GE Fabbri - the publishers. It is for a call centre that handles orders etc for G E Fabbri, ie Data Base Factory!!! and associated to the DB5
    It appears to me that the only way to get concerns passed on from Data Base Factory to G E Fabbri is to go through a manager at Data Base Factory.
    We have realy get our concerns to GE Fabbri themselves. The Process appears in 3 DISCONNECTED parts
    1) GE Fabbri - The Publishers
    2) Data Base Factory - Order Line Call Centre (Not connected to GE Fabbri if you read their website IT IS OUTSOURCED SUBSCRIPTION MANAGMENT AMONGST OTHERS)
    3) The Dispatch House - Not Connected to either of the above.

There is a number for Data Base Factory on their web site http://www.dbfactory.co.uk/

Took a couple of days to get password because of system problems (or so I was told) Systems Support had to be emailed fron the help line and then it had to be emailed via a manager. A process that should have taken 15mins max took 3 working daysX-(
    got my password straight away.. check your spam/folder.. thats where i found mine??
    brogusblue wrote:
    got my password straight away.. check your spam/folder.. thats where i found mine??

Foned them last week(Wed)..still waiting on email for password...X-( -{ :007)
  • GE FabbriGE Fabbri Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Hi All,

Thank you for raising your concerns about the packaging. We are sorry if any members of this forum have received a damaged delivery. As mentioned elsewhere, we will definitely replace anything that is damaged in the post. The launch has been a great success, which means that our shipping house is having to work around the clock, so please bear with us if it takes a little while for any replacements to arrive.

Since the test launch we have decided to wrap the magazines together so they are less likely to be damaged in the post – the combined thickness of four magazines wrapped together will prevent damage. All the components will continue to be mailed in sturdy blister packs.

This should be sufficient to ensure that the vast majority of parcels arrive in good condition however due to circumstances beyond our control there will occasionally be times when parcels are damaged in transit. If this happens we will happily replace anything that is damaged.

Best regards,
    The Publisher
  • BainerBondBainerBond Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    GE Fabbri wrote:
    Hi All,

Thank you for raising your concerns about the packaging. We are sorry if any members of this forum have received a damaged delivery. As mentioned elsewhere, we will definitely replace anything that is damaged in the post. The launch has been a great success, which means that our shipping house is having to work around the clock, so please bear with us if it takes a little while for any replacements to arrive.

Since the test launch we have decided to wrap the magazines together so they are less likely to be damaged in the post – the combined thickness of four magazines wrapped together will prevent damage. All the components will continue to be mailed in sturdy blister packs.

This should be sufficient to ensure that the vast majority of parcels arrive in good condition however due to circumstances beyond our control there will occasionally be times when parcels are damaged in transit. If this happens we will happily replace anything that is damaged.

Best regards,
    The Publisher

With reference to the above I dont think they can say fairer than that ....... any part damaged will be replaced. Period!!

Personally as long as none of the actual car parts are damaged I'm ok with a few bent or creased packaging. It's also nice to know that a GE Fabbri spokesperson has come into this forum to answer some of the concerns.
  • Yes, I agree. Fair play to the publisher for addressing our concerns on the forum and agreeing to replace any damaged parts. It's reassuring that they listen to their customers.
  • ExinferisExinferis West Norfolk (for my sins!)Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    there must be something about West Norfolk , aint you all related or something :v :D

To paraphrase Capt. Kirk: No, I was born in Cypus, I only live in West Norfolk.

OK, not the best paraphrase, but you get the gist. ;) (Incidentally, before you get all excited, I'm not actually a blonde Cypriet beauty, I was born in a BMH so I'm still just a bog-standard Brit!)

There was a great sketch by Jon Culshaw doing Boris Johnson on The Impressionists Show before Xmas. I can't remember it word for word, but it went something like: "I'd like to apologise unreservedly for my comment [regarding the news at the time regarding food preferrences in different regions of Britain] when I said that it must be a really large Bargain Bucket to feed the family in Norfolk" I just thought, "Yup, sounds about right".

;)
    "I collect Spores, Moulds and Fungus" - Egon Spengler