GE Fabbri 1/8 Scale AM DB5 Kit

Comments

• Michael CorbenMichael Corben Leicester, UKPosts: 31MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    There is a difference between saying that no decision has been made to release in Australia and saying that decision has been made NOT to release in Australia. While I would like to hear that the model will go on sale here, at this stage I would like to know what the situation is now. Unfortunately not much reaction from the Publisher... Naturally I had already submitted my details on the UK website.

I noticed yesterday that just inside each magazine it gives a telephone number for Australia (03) 9872 4000 and adds "Back issues are available from your newsagent in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, or by contacting the numbers above." Hope this helps!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    can someone let me know if the issues come every week, or are they bundled together for a monthly delivery?

also, do the packages need to be signed for?

cheers peoples. MG
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • brogusbluebrogusblue Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    can someone let me know if the issues come every week, or are they bundled together for a monthly delivery?

also, do the packages need to be signed for?

cheers peoples. MG

They come monthly next ones are due to be dispatched around the 4th feb parts 4,5,6 & 7 + binder , they come by normal post so don't need to be signed
    brogusblue wrote:

They come monthly next ones are due to be dispatched around the 4th feb parts 4,5,6 & 7 + binder , they come by normal post so don't need to be signed

Dispatch should be every 4 weeks and not monthly. I'm not being picky but it's worth mentioning that a couple of my DD payments for two 4 weekly batches come in the same calendar month.
    Yes true i have 1 dd on the 2nd feb and again 22nd feb. So best to check your payment plan
  • MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    I can't believe how long they take to actually Dispatch my issue 3 has not been dispatched !!! Been like it over a week now.X-(
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"
    Markbr wrote:
    I can't believe how long they take to actually Dispatch my issue 3 has not been dispatched !!! Been like it over a week now.X-(

If I were you I'd be down my newsagents and buying it. I'd rather pay twice for an issue than miss out. Hopefully they'll have things sorted for your next delivery.
  • CAMERA_MANCAMERA_MAN Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Markbr wrote:

Mine was in a plastic bag with Issue 2
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    There is a difference between saying that no decision has been made to release in Australia and saying that decision has been made NOT to release in Australia. While I would like to hear that the model will go on sale here, at this stage I would like to know what the situation is now. Unfortunately not much reaction from the Publisher... Naturally I had already submitted my details on the UK website.

I noticed yesterday that just inside each magazine it gives a telephone number for Australia (03) 9872 4000 and adds "Back issues are available from your newsagent in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, or by contacting the numbers above." Hope this helps!

Thanks, Michael, there is hope then. I suppose that if the model doesn't flop in the UK then they are likely to release it elsewhere too. The phone number is for Bissett Mags, who also distribute the James Bond car collection. I will email them to see if they can tell me anything.
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Markbr wrote:

And your car will then be complete? Or will it take another 80 weeks? So what's the big problem if an issue arrives a week later or two?
  • MarkbrMarkbr Posts: 19MI6 Agent
    Markbr wrote:

And your car will then be complete? Or will it take another 80 weeks? So what's the big problem if an issue arrives a week later or two?

I was only quoting about dispatch times !!!!! I never said there is a problem or the car will be complete. ( Your So Funny )
    Bond: “Who are you?”
    Pussy: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming"
  • TechkatTechkat Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Decided to subscribe. Thanks to those that answered my previous post.

A question for the publishers re the promise of replacement parts Where damaged in post- will this be the case right to the end of the publication for those of us that leave the parts in the packaging until the majority of the model can be built?

Thanks
  • Trekker01Trekker01 Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    Me new to the forum so Hi !

Taken out the subscription and will probably wait till the end before I build the car. Doing a similar thing with my subscription for 'Build a Lancaster Bomber'.

One pointer for me please: I have seen reference to a 'parts list' which if I understand correctly list's which part is in which issue. Where is this list available or is there a link out there?

Many Thanks :-)
    cdmackay wrote:

Link is perfect - much appreciated.
    Thanks for putting a link to my post on partworks forum,.

my aston martin book turned up on sat, no damage.. well pleased roll on for the next parts soon..
  • cdmackaycdmackay Cambridge, UKPosts: 39MI6 Agent
    thanks for posting the list in the first place :)
  • scurr01scurr01 AustraliaPosts: 59MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:
    Jag wrote:

Thanks, Michael, there is hope then. I suppose that if the model doesn't flop in the UK then they are likely to release it elsewhere too. The phone number is for Bissett Mags, who also distribute the James Bond car collection. I will email them to see if they can tell me anything.

Thanks for that. I'll take that as a good sign but we'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.
    Trekker01 wrote:

Taken out the subscription and will probably wait till the end before I build the car. Doing a similar thing with my subscription for 'Build a Lancaster Bomber'.

if thats big scale, i'd love to see it, baby. :o
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Trekker01 wrote:

www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Kai RoweKai Rowe Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Trekker01 wrote:

It s 1/32.A guys doing a super detailed build-up complete with photographs over at diecast-aviation.co.uk.His user name is "the_old_un".It looks a complicated tricky build but it ll be a thing of beauty once finished.
    sadly you have to join to do a search, but i bet its fairly impressive.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Trekker01 wrote:

The Lanc comes in at a scale of 1:32 That equals a 3ft wing span. Static display only.

A link (not mine) is http://www.lancaster.partworkmodels.co.uk/ - there you can see it being built week by week.
  • crocke007crocke007 Posts: 107MI6 Agent
    so back to the DB5 !!

have any of the original subscribers actually had any info from GE fabbri re when they are going to start getting deliveries, free gifts , payment schedule etc... i've emailed them 3 times and still no reply - very disappointed !!

can Mr GE Fabbri reply please ????!!!
    edited February 2011
    crocke007 wrote:
    so back to the DB5 !!

have any of the original subscribers actually had any info from GE fabbri re when they are going to start getting deliveries, free gifts , payment schedule etc... i've emailed them 3 times and still no reply - very disappointed !!

can Mr GE Fabbri reply please ????!!!

I have found the whole procedure from subscribing to receiving my first deliveries has been excellent. After subscribing on 7th Jan I received a "Thank you for your order" email telling me I would receive confirmation of my order within 3 working days. That email told me everything I needed to know including a complete schedule of each and every payment date. Creating my online account was also trouble free.

I'm not too sure where the order of free gifts was published but there is one free gift with each of the first 5 deliveries; Book, Binder, Screwbox, Screw drivers, DVD. (In that order although the book is sent separately and usually arrives first).

I'm sure that GE Fabbri are very busy and doing everything they can to get every order in place. But if you are not happy and need reassurance call the help line on 0871 277 6714. They are extremely helpful.

I do feel though that some subscribers on here are showing a complete lack of patience. It is going to be a long 18 months but we all need to chill or else we'll give ourselves coronaries and never see the completed DB5.

If you go on to their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/007DB5#!/007DB5?v=wall they admit there have been a few teething problems but promise to get everything sorted. You may see answers there to other queries you have too.

So chill guys......only another 81 weeks to go!! :#
    Received my first two deliveries today (2nd Feb; items dispatched 26th Jan, exactly one week).

I seem to have:

- issues 1--3
    - parts sets 1--3
    - issue 2 freebies: large mounting board, and magazine filing box "slipcase"
    - part identification sheets 2--3
    - note that Issue 1's part ident sheet will follow

and, in a separate delivery, the book.

Does that all match others' deliveries?

All arrived in perfect condition, as far as I can see, which is great.

The note also says that issues 4--7 will be sent around 4th Feb, allow 10 days for delivery.

So, are people opening up the parts sets to properly check the parts? It seems a shame to tear up the nice protective wrappers, so I might not, but there's the danger a part might be damaged on the reverse...

Overall, am delighted with the quality of the sets, and the bumf. Am just coming from the Hachette Flying Scotsman kit which, although it seemed fine, was not a patch on the quality of these bits. Very nice :)
    I'm not too sure where the order of free gifts was published but there is one free gift with each of the first 5 deliveries; Book, Binder, Screwbox, Screw drivers, DVD. (In that order although the book is sent separately and usually arrives first).

Thanks Michael; I saw something similar in the FAQs on the subs website.

I wonder if they mean "deliveries" or "issues"? The slipcase/binder appears to be free with issue 2, at least according to the display card.

I suppose the book could be delivery 1, and issues 1--3 could be delivery 2? That would then fit the above...
    cdmackay wrote:
    Thanks Michael; I saw something similar in the FAQs on the subs website.

I wonder if they mean "deliveries" or "issues"? The slipcase/binder appears to be free with issue 2, at least according to the display card.

I suppose the book could be delivery 1, and issues 1--3 could be delivery 2? That would then fit the above...

They mean deliveries. The book comes with issues 1-3, the binder with 4-7, the screwbox with 8-11 and so on. The free slipcase is not the binder, it is a temporary storage case for your magazines, blue prints etc., until the binder is delivered. Only the first binder is free but only for subscribers so for some people the free slipcase may well be all they have.
  • ExinferisExinferis West Norfolk (for my sins!)Posts: 22MI6 Agent
    I have found the whole procedure from subscribing to receiving my first deliveries has been excellent. After subscribing on 7th Jan I received a "Thank you for your order" email telling me I would receive confirmation of my order within 3 working days. That email told me everything I needed to know including a complete schedule of each and every payment date. Creating my online account was also trouble free.

I'm sure that GE Fabbri are very busy and doing everything they can to get every order in place. But if you are not happy and need reassurance call the help line on 0871 277 6714. They are extremely helpful.

I do feel though that some subscribers on here are showing a complete lack of patience. It is going to be a long 18 months but we all need to chill or else we'll give ourselves coronaries and never see the completed DB5.

If you go on to their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/007DB5#!/007DB5?v=wall they admit there have been a few teething problems but promise to get everything sorted. You may see answers there to other queries you have too.

So chill guys......only another 81 weeks to go!! :#

Have to agree with this. I've yet to have a major problem. I e-mailed regarding my damaged booky wook and a nice lady said she'd send another one out to me, but that I should expect to wait around 21 days for it as they're busy packing the next deliveries. I took this as a good sign! :)

I collect Action Figures from Mattel on their "special" Matty Colector site and I tell you, once you've delt with their horrendous customer service you learn to appreicate what we have over here! :D If Fabbri are assuring us that thinkgs are going well and that, if things do go wrong, they'll sort it quickly, I've no need to think otherwise for the time being.

Just looking forward to the next delivery now!
    "I collect Spores, Moulds and Fungus" - Egon Spengler
    thanks Michael; crikey! that's well organised. This seems to be shaping up nicely to be a good set...