Which Cell Phone would you choose for Bond ?

Is there a Bondberry ?

Does Bond require a license to call also ?

Comments

• CJ007GoldeneyeCJ007Goldeneye LondonPosts: 587MI6 Agent
    'I'll have a ericsson 250, charged not flat'
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    I just got the new i-phone 4. Hard to imagine ever wanting any other phone now.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,568Chief of Staff

Well....I'd rather have a mobile phone that works :))

The new i-phone has all sorts of bugs...and mainly it's hardware faults NOT software...there has even been talk of a re-call....
    YNWA 97
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    Acutally I just got the 3GS because it was so cheap due to the 4 coming out - I#ve got the 4 software on it and it's great.
    Could def imagine Bond with an iPhone...
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
    Sir Miles wrote:

The new i-phone has all sorts of bugs...and mainly it's hardware faults NOT software...there has even been talk of a re-call....

Thanks, I'll enjoy it until then and let you know when something goes wrong.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

• FatbondFatbond Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    iPhone.
  • mfstudiomfstudio Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    None of this, I think that HTC HD2, or some prototyp in future is perfect device for Bond. Sony Ericsson is not good and everyone has iPhone...:)):)):))
  • jaguar007jaguar007 Portland OrPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Reports of the iphone problems have been greatly exaggerated, I have not had any problems with mine, included the "death grip" and I have tried to get mine to loose signal.

But no, Bond would not use an iphone, he would use a Qphone :D
    jaguar007 wrote:
    Reports of the iphone problems have been greatly exaggerated, I have not had any problems with mine, included the "death grip" and I have tried to get mine to loose signal.

That wouldn't surprise me at all....but several respected news-outlets ARE reporting hardware problems with the new i-4...such as your ear being able to disconnect calls ! Are these reports true..?...possibly...I guess people will have both good and bad experiences with these...

What would you 'do' with a loose signal if you got one ? :s :)
    YNWA 97
  • jaguar007jaguar007 Portland OrPosts: 4MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

What would you 'do' with a loose signal if you got one ? :s :)

I like my signal like I like my women :D

Oops, typo on my part.

Here is an interesting article comparing the iphone "death grip" with other smart phones on the market. It seems iphone's competition also has weak antenna spots, the media is just really blowing the iphone out of proportion. I heard that less than 1% of iphone 4 owners have reported any signal problem.
    http://www.apple.com/antenna/
  • 007DAN007DAN CheshirePosts: 99MI6 Agent
    It's got to be the iPhone. There are so many apps that Bond would use out there. I have this really cool app that is linked to my survelance camera and I can dial into it anywhere in the world. Does anyone else have any really cool Bond apps? Maybe that's another discussion in it's own right.
    Of course you are
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Actually I think Bond would got for a simpler design of phone rather than the Iphone. Friends of mine have Iphones and I'd be the first to admit they are an impressive, but fancy bit of kit. Bond's "day job" lifestyle would make it impractical. - Too easily broken for a start with all the Athletic thump and blowing up he does. - Plus its not exactly a subtle piece of tech! Mind you, neither is the Sony Viao, and he carts one of those around with him too.
    (Bit bitter, former Viao user myself - I switched to Toshiba)

I can see Bond (on duty,) using something more Samsung, Nokia or even LG based. If its wrecked, its no great loss if its thrown away. The Iphone for his own time off duty. But again, I don't hold with 007's singular brand designer label wardrobe, and the fact all phones in the current Bond universe are Sony Ericksons! :D

Jamesfan, in the end, the phone, car, clothing, computer even the watch you choose need to be right for you. - Then your inner 007 after that! Thats how I chose my dinner suit, laptop, watch and phone, in that order!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    jaguar007 wrote:
    Here is an interesting article comparing the iphone "death grip" with other smart phones on the market. It seems iphone's competition also has weak antenna spots, the media is just really blowing the iphone out of proportion. I heard that less than 1% of iphone 4 owners have reported any signal problem.
    http://www.apple.com/antenna/

I have no idea if any of these problems are true or not...the i-4 is a great looking mobile and I suppose jealousy can creep in...although the BBC did report that the i-4 had hardware problems and this may lead to a mass re-call....I guess time will tell :)

And it would appear that we share the same traits in our women ;) -{
    YNWA 97
  • bondfanbondfan Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    I have had my Iphone 4 for 4 days and have not had a lick of problems....I love it and recommend. I think Bond would also really like it!
    No problems yet, and hey, it's under warranty. I get the negative thing a lot with techno stuff. I get the new Windows with a new laptop when its out - never had a problem (you should wait a year for the bugs to be ironed out) is what they usually say, I had digital tv in its first few months of availability, blueray, sky+, sky+HD - never had a problem with any of it. Now it's the iphone 4 and its always the same people going ooohh don't get one of those (insert trainspotter type ananoids through the nose anytime here) wait until the bugs are ironed out... F**k em'.

No problems yet, and hey, it's under warranty. I get the negative thing a lot with techno stuff. I get the new Windows with a new laptop when its out - never had a problem (you should wait a year for the bugs to be ironed out) is what they usually say, I had digital tv in its first few months of availability, blueray, sky+, sky+HD - never had a problem with any of it. Now it's the iphone 4 and its always the same people going ooohh don't get one of those (insert trainspotter type ananoids through the nose anytime here) wait until the bugs are ironed out... F**k em'.

Yep...it is...kinda takes the gloss off if you have to use it though...but thats life...the guys at work tell me that the i-4 is set for a re-call...I don't know if thats true though...as a personal preference though, I find the i-phone too big...it's a cracking phone...just too big...

...a friend of mine got Sky+HD the second week it came out...he had the engineer out 3 times a week for a month....some chap round the corner from him couldn't get it to work at all....I guess some folks are just lucky -{
    YNWA 97
  • urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent
    With Bond's cover as a UnivEx businessman, I could easily see him having the latest iphone (especially as blackberry popularity seems to be starting to dwindle as their designs stagnate).

However, I bet his phone would have a totally custom firmware designed by Q Branch.

I could also see him using the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, which is a gorgeous phone.

sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-mobile-phone.jpg
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    urhash wrote:
    With Bond's cover as a UnivEx businessman, I could easily see him having the latest iphone (especially as blackberry popularity seems to be starting to dwindle as their designs stagnate).

However, I bet his phone would have a totally custom firmware designed by Q Branch.

I could also see him using the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, which is a gorgeous phone.

sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-mobile-phone.jpg

I'm a real fan of Sony Ericsson - I have one of their phones now, BUT this one has had really bad reviews - which is a shame. :#

I do like these smart phones, but my money is on one of these puppies - :D

htc_desire_2.jpg
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    A friend a t work has one of those Lexi - it may well end up being the next mob I have myself, though I am very happy with my Samsung.

I like the tech in the Iphone, it just looks so damned brittle!
    I'm actually over the whole cell phone thing with Bond. So he picks up a terrorist's phone, gets passwords, texts etc (God forbid they actually lock it) and basically takes down an organisation because of it. Then he's using it for sat-nav (to get to the Ocean Club - here's a hint, ask which way at the car hire place, then keep the sea on your left). Then he's trawling through Vespa's phone and gets important info. Then he's taking pictures of people at the opera, the software linked directly to a control room of analists to identify... In fact, he's on the damn things more than a 14 year old girl. So unless the next cell phone has a silenced .22 in there somewhere, or turns into a stun-grenade, or a laser then I'm not really interested anymore.

• Ricardo C.Ricardo C. Posts: 916MI6 Agent
    Then he's taking pictures of people at the opera, the software linked directly to a control room of analists to identify...

The hilarous thing about that scene is only Mr.White had the common sense not to get up.
  • gussguss South Wales, UKPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    Thats because Mr White had a bullet in his leg .................LOL
    ...So unless the next cell phone has a silenced .22 in there somewhere, or turns into a stun-grenade, or a laser then I'm not really interested anymore.

Lol! You must have loved the Sony E in Tomorrow Never Dies, what with its in built Tazer prongs! I like the idea of a stun grenade, hows this...?

Q branch - Bond and Q in the foreground. various staff running about. Two dummies and a brick wall set up are in the background.

Q - Now remember 007, it has sat nav, android interface, back up battery including my own spec and - 500 hours extra talk time! I have disabled Facebook and Twitter for obvious reasons.

Bond - I take it you have added your own little additions Q? Speed dialing perhaps?

Q - You asked! The touch screen is also acts as a DNA and palm scanner, the camera can take infra red or night shots, don't fiddle with the USB connection - it carries a variable and unstoppable disrupt and destroy computer virus, oh! and a new development. - See this red Bluetooth symbol? When active, it creates a local disrupter field, jamming audio and visual bugs and scanners. It has its own internal power source, range 20 feet. Now, the best bit. Here take this, this one is yours.
    (Q gives Bond the phone. He picks up a second one, with a casing of a different colour.)

Bond - Ah here we go, the party piece.

(Q makes a face, but starts typing on the display)

Q - send a text to the phone itself - the detonation code is your double oh number, followed by hash then 001. Send like this.

(He presses a button)

Q - Then throw like this. (Q thows the phone - when it arcs past the dummies it gives a targeted camera flash burst as well as smoke at both , before it lands near the brick wall)

Bond - (Disappointed) Its a knock out Gas and flash grenade? Q thats hardly original, even if it does use the face recognition!

Q - You never learn 007. Duck and cover!

There is a pregnant pause. The gas dissipates...
    BOOM!

The room shudders, dust settles, and where the wall was, is a massive crater gouged out of the floor. The dummies are floored nearby, but both are still in one piece. The crater is quietly smoking while lights are gently swinging from the ceiling.

Q - (Grinning brightly) The C4 reacted with the add on power source better than I had anticipated! Excellent.

A deskphone rings. - An assistant answers it, their eyes go wide, and then they dash over. They whisper something to Q.

Bond - Good vibrations?

Q - Not exactly. M wants to see me, the detonation set off the bomb alert upstairs. I forgot the Prime Minister is in this afternoon's security meeting....
    guss wrote:

Where did you see crutches ? :p
    Ricardo C. wrote:
    guss wrote:

Nice. :)

• SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    Yeah, I thought Mr. White was being smart. However, I'm still curious about his place in the Quantum Group.

Anyway, I still haven't seen a real Bond type cell phone. The iPhone 4 has that nice strong metal detail. But might not be functional enough with the problems in the news recently. I think Bond would pick a cell phone like he picks cars and watches. Strong, functional, and reliable. Something with the latest technology with the design of something like a Vertu. Afterall, the way he tossed his cell phone in Quantum would be problematic for a lot of current models...
    "Better late than never."
  • gussguss South Wales, UKPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    Ricardo C. wrote:
    guss wrote:

If you look very carefully you can see the crutches laying down on the floor, in the isle at the start of the row of seats
    That's paying attention a little too much for me. The film ain't that good. Nicely spotted though...

guss wrote:
    Ricardo C. wrote:

If you look very carefully you can see the crutches laying down on the floor, in the isle at the start of the row of seats

Was that before or after the topless scene ? :));)
  • SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    If you wanna be realistic about this, Bond would probably be issued a rather boring Blackberry. The Blackberry security model is what makes it a favorite standard-issue phone for both governments and corporations alike. They can be managed or wiped clean by the home office, fully encrypted, and configured to self-destruct if the wrong device password is entered a set number of times (the phone wipes itself clean of data).

That said, I'm a Droid X user, and as far as versatile gadgets go, the Droid is more or less a Q-Branch gizmo out of the box...