Which Cell Phone would you choose for Bond ?

13»

Comments

• MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Because it's cellular? O_o
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    They used to use cellular batteries. Now that they don't and they're actually pretty mobile, perhaps the rest of the world would be so kind as to adopt the British phrase...
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Alec 006Alec 006 Sydney, AustraliaPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    They used to use cellular batteries. Now that they don't and they're actually pretty mobile, perhaps the rest of the world would be so kind as to adopt the British phrase...

ACTUALLY… :007)
    A cell phone is called a cell phone because the telephone company divides its coverage area into cells 10 square miles (26 sq. km) in size. Each cell is a base station including a tower and radio gear that broadcasts and receives on dozens of frequencies.

However we here in Australia call them mobiles too. I like german term, there your mobile would be known as a "handy".

Cell, mobile, handy… it's all good. In fact with many people forgoing landlines now, they are often just referred to as phones B-)

Technology hey? Bloody exciting times I reckon. Who remembers the old school meaning when someone referred to wireless?

-{ -{ -{ -{ -{ Still on a run of five. Soon… soon it will become the CR six.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    Oscar Wilde
    That what I was thinking about, these "cells" in which the network is divided. I will call it anyway a cell phone, everybody is using the "mobile phone" term nowadays and it sounds not as attractive as the "cell phone" term :D (yeah, whatever...)
  • FlemishFlemish CardiffPosts: 15MI6 Agent
    Alec 006 wrote:

ACTUALLY… :007)
    A cell phone is called a cell phone because the telephone company divides its coverage area into cells 10 square miles (26 sq. km) in size. Each cell is a base station including a tower and radio gear that broadcasts and receives on dozens of frequencies.

However we here in Australia call them mobiles too. I like german term, there your mobile would be known as a "handy".

Cell, mobile, handy… it's all good. In fact with many people forgoing landlines now, they are often just referred to as phones B-)

Technology hey? Bloody exciting times I reckon. Who remembers the old school meaning when someone referred to wireless?

-{ -{ -{ -{ -{ Still on a run of five. Soon… soon it will become the CR six.

Ah I like the term Handy too!
    I think Bond should go 'wireless' era oldschool qwertz-handy.jpg
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent

Well, that's the last time I listen to the guy in carphone wearhouse! X-(

Learn something everyday... -{
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent

Well, that's the last time I listen to the guy in carphone wearhouse! X-(

Learn something everyday... -{

Don't talk to me about the Carphone Warehouse! Will never darken their door again after they screwed me over a coupe of years ago...

For me I'll keep it Mobile phone. For acting and writing purposes I have to try to keep Americanisms and UK English in separate boxes in my head. - Plus I am Scottish!! Too many potential dialects!! Ahem, normal service resumed.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    I wonder how they call mobile phones in Hong Kong...

FAKES!!!

Hahaha, what a joke.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    It will be for sure a Sony Ericsson after the information that Sony Pictures are on the board. The question is, if Bond will go with a "standard" phone like the k800i or the c902, or will they take one of the new XPERIAs. There is still some time, but i think there was a tip about 5 new Sony Ericsson prototypes which came from Japan in the mid 2008, later they were all used in Quantum of Solace, so the situation can be very similar. I bet Bond will go with a traditional cell phone.

I hope they don't use the SE smart phone (Xperia) - it's absolutely crap :(
    I've had a SE phone now for many years, but finally upgraded to a smart phone - HTC Desire S :x However, the SE Xperia has had such awful reviews.... and I know someone who has one... and they think it's crap too :))

Bond has to go 'smart' phone - they are such nifty bits of kit.... and do ALL sorts ;)

As for the B&O phone - really? My God, that looks hideous :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Well, as far as I have noticed in the previous films, all phones used by Bond were transformed to smart-phones (I mean the k800i and the c902). I mean - not "in real", but they had different software than the stock models, other screen dimensions (c902), of course many special options like the built-in GPS etc etc. They will probably make the same thing again, they will take one of the "normal", probably the next high-end model (that's somehow odd - both phones used by Craig were best-sellers and the best Sony Ericsson has ever produced ^^), from the mid 2012. But it will be a SE, I'm 100% sure here.
    Yeh, I know what you mean.... interactive screen - although that model to us normal people didn't work like that.

SE have been leaders on their phone technology, however the Xperia seems to have been a real dud.... shame, as I really wanted another SE phone.... but I couldn't NOT get the HTC - it's superb... and the high def display is brilliant.

Well perhaps they will have another 'concept' phone in the next Bond, that will be then produced (although I'm now locked in a 2 year deal.... so I won't be getting another phone for a while now... :# )
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    The HTC's are great, my sister has one (not something special - the Wildfire, but anyway...). Because of the reviews I'm quite sure they wont use a XPERIA, unless they will make a good one finally (I don't know anything about the new XPERIA Arc however, but because of the crappy software-lock it sucks anyway from the very beginning ^^)
  • FlemishFlemish CardiffPosts: 15MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:
    It will be for sure a Sony Ericsson after the information that Sony Pictures are on the board. The question is, if Bond will go with a "standard" phone like the k800i or the c902, or will they take one of the new XPERIAs. There is still some time, but i think there was a tip about 5 new Sony Ericsson prototypes which came from Japan in the mid 2008, later they were all used in Quantum of Solace, so the situation can be very similar. I bet Bond will go with a traditional cell phone.

I hope they don't use the SE smart phone (Xperia) - it's absolutely crap :(
    I've had a SE phone now for many years, but finally upgraded to a smart phone - HTC Desire S :x However, the SE Xperia has had such awful reviews.... and I know someone who has one... and they think it's crap too :))

Bond has to go 'smart' phone - they are such nifty bits of kit.... and do ALL sorts ;)

As for the B&O phone - really? My God, that looks hideous :))

Really?! I think it looks like one of those Bakelite phones in ye old days of yore. But a rather abstract version: I'd want a play on it but I wouldn't want one permanently. i dont think. but it does look satisyingly square. like a cigarette carton or something.
  • ShplendidShplendid LondonPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    Q- BRANCH security app! If found , do not attempt to use this phone as it will self destruct in 19, 18 17 16...........stand clear!
    "That was a Smith&Wesson and you've had YOUR six!"... Bang! Bang! Bang!
  • arybak89arybak89 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    00-Agent wrote:
    That said, I'm a Droid X user, and as far as versatile gadgets go, the Droid is more or less a Q-Branch gizmo out of the box...

I recently picked up a Droid X. Its an fantastic phone. Just put a copy of my FRWL dvd on the phone and have got to say it looks great on the big Droid X screen.

This is off topic but how do you put movies on the droid x?
    Well, since "double-0's" have a short life expectancy, your mistake will be short-lived.
  • EvaFanEvaFan Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    I don´t care as long as it isn´t an iPhone, that just so isn´t Bond´s style.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    You haven't read "Carte Blanche" then :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DanielCraig007DanielCraig007 Posts: 588MI6 Agent
    It will probably be a Sony Ericsson. I have both phones from CR and QoS and I have no problems.
    I use the k800i on a daily basis and mine is from 2006.
    My K800i is still going strong. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • jb3jb3 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I think an android, the atrix 4g has a fingerprint scanner, now is that not James Bond?
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I recently downloaded document scanner and barcode scanner aps to my HTC. If That's not a Q adaptation I don't know what is! Scan quality on the document scanner is good too!

I found this article while I was checking my emails. (Scroll down to No 6) I can't comment on its authenticity...

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112989/brands-disappear-2012-247
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    Funny I read this last night and today on BBC radio 4 there was a story of Saab closing as it's Broke, Amazing to think of some of these world wide brands disappearing.
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    The new Tag Heuer Link cellphone could be good if they make a version without the animal skin on the back.
    "Better late than never."
    The only thing with these smart phones (I have the the latest HTC desire S) is their battery life.....

1 day at best..... not very good if you are off the grid for a few days....(and I can't see Bond packing x number of charger adapters... :)) )

Don't get me wrong the technology is fantastic, but with like all these smart phones, the battery life is critical. (And poor at best, especially compaired to my SE W715)
    Something that will have to be sorted, for Bond to use one of these gadgets, caus ANYONE using these will know, that if he is in action so to speak, for longer than a day/night - his phone is going to be toast.... unless M comes up with some super cool gadget that charges up his phone from nothing.... :))