James Bonds height and weight

1235»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

The OP lists all the Bond actors and their height - assuming he's right, they ARE all over six foot tall...so that kind of blows the legs off your stance...

To be fair, the OP lists Craig with 5'10 and in my book this is below 6' ;)

I did type "apart from Craig"....I know this requires you to read and comprehend and that its my fault for expecting you to be able to do two things at once...for that I apologise :p :D

Craig is the only official Bond actor under 6 feet tall, and I never implied otherwise. You suggested that no actress taller than Bond has been cast because the first five Bonds were so tall. My point was that they haven't cast any actresses taller than Bond and that includes Craig's Bond. I don't see how the fact that the first five bond actors blows the legs off my stance in any way.

I don't think my views are outdated and the fact that the Bond producers have cast only actresses less tall than Bond suggests they share my view.
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    So they were not booked because they were good actresses ? :))
    What makes you think this is my first time?
    Not all of them, no :))

Say, Diana Rigg was cast for OHMSS because of her looks and acting ability. Many of the "angels of death" such as the Norwegian Julie Ege were cast maninly because of their looks. Part of my point is that with a taller Bond they can cast a wider net, so to speak - they don't have to reject a beautiful and talented actress simply because she is 5'10'' or 5' 11''. She can compete for the role alongside shorter actresses and they can pick the best one.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Part of my point is that with a taller Bond they can cast a wider net, so to speak
    Craig's Bond is automatic affirmative action for short actresses.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:

Say, Diana Rigg was cast for OHMSS because of her looks and acting ability. Many of the "angels of death" such as the Norwegian Julie Ege were cast maninly because of their looks. Part of my point is that with a taller Bond they can cast a wider net, so to speak - they don't have to reject a beautiful and talented actress simply because she is 5'10'' or 5' 11''. She can compete for the role alongside shorter actresses and they can pick the best one.

My point is...why do they HAVE to reject an actress just because she is taller...? My other point is that your views on this are outdated....which you seem to prove with every post...
    YNWA 97
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    My point is...why do they HAVE to reject an actress just because she is taller...?
    In the end of QOS we saw Stana Katic, and she's about the same height as Craig (she just didn't stand up).
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

My point is...why do they HAVE to reject an actress just because she is taller...? My other point is that your views on this are outdated....which you seem to prove with every post...

It's not forbidden by law to cast an actress against a shorter leading man, it's just was and is very unusuall. Personally I find it funny that you are so upset because of something filmmakers have done and still do in almost every movie they make. And if they do, they generally try to use camera angels, cutting, perspective and other tricks to hide that fact. There are of cource exeptions, but in the real world this is how it's usually done. You may like it or dislike it or not care, but I think this is getting silly and I'm getting out of this discussion.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    It's not forbidden by law to cast an actress against a shorter leading man, it's just was and is very unusuall. Personally I find it funny that you are so upset because of something filmmakers have done and still do in almost every movie they make. And if they do, they generally try to use camera angels, cutting, perspective and other tricks to hide that fact. There are of cource exeptions, but in the real world this is how it's usually done. You may like it or dislike it or not care, but I think this is getting silly and I'm getting out of this discussion.

Who's upset ?:) I thought this was a discussion ?

I'm asking YOU why you take the stance you do...you haven't answered for yourself...you just say what others do...but you do appear to have an issue with this and I'm just trying to find out why....if you can't answer as to why you have an issue with this, I suppose that will have to do...
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Maybe DC should take some of thise pills Mathis had in QOS,
    after all " Some make you taller ........ " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DanielCraig007DanielCraig007 Posts: 588MI6 Agent
    I read somewhere awhile ago that said Pierce weighed 165 pounds in GE.

Thats very close to the literary Bonds 167 lbs...
  • DanielCraig007DanielCraig007 Posts: 588MI6 Agent
    edited February 2016
    I am 6'1" (185cm) and weigh 200 lbs (91 kg).
    Athletic build. Dark feautures and dark brown hair. I am also the right age: 38.
    I am the right height but weigh too much to resemble the literary Bond.
  • TokamakTokamak Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Those heights are bogus. Roger Moore (before Craig) was ostensibly the shortest Bond and no way 6ft 1". Easy enough to reference this by him in front of Yaphet Kotto or Christopher Lee (6ft 5/6") who was clearly at least half a foot taller than Moore when back to back with him in 'The Man with the Golden Gun'
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    I've read at many places that Moore is just over 6'1. And barely. Brosnan is also just over 6'1 with many sites having him at 6'2.
  • M 'n' MM 'n' M Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Yep - fairly common knowledge that Moore is 6' 1". Look at a lot of the pictures of Moore with tony Curtis (5,9) and you'll see the same difference as between Moore and lee