James Bonds height and weight

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    60" is 5' (5x12). 72" is 6' (6x12).

5.8' isn't 5'8".
  • Dav_DaddyDav_Daddy Mesa, AZ USAPosts: 10MI6 Agent
    Oops your right that should be 5.841' which 5'10''

And just like that I've invalidated every argument I have ever made against the metric system. :(
    :) no worries!
    And welcome, by the way, to AJB!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It was getting like the numbers round in Countdown. :)) and Yes I forgot to add my Welcome Dav_Daddy -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Actually what brought me here (other than my love of all things Bond was a post on Movie Pilot about how Liam Neeson was almost James Bond.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/03/11/the-reason-why-liam-neeson-turned-down-bond-1271134

I think that would be awesome they wouldn't get too many movies out of him due his age but I'd love to see him as Bond right now.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Dav_Daddy wrote:
    I'm in my mid 30s so the first Bond jumps to mind is Roger Moore. I do think he hung on too long as Bond but I can't knock the guy if I had chance to be Bond they could dig me up drag me around up there "Weekend at Bernie's" style! Actually I think I'll put that in my will just in case. ;)

Pierce did absolutely kill it as bond, especially considering some of the plot devices,and writing he got stuck with. Somewhere between the starting WWIII to sell papers, the invisible car, and surfing the tsunami I think I would have had to start hamming it up like Adam West in the old Batman till the writers sobered up -{ .

Actually PB might have been the best bond ever just for keeping people from calling bs and walking out of theatre. If he had more toward DC's story lines he'd probably still be Bond.

Can anyone imagine any of the other Bonds in DAD or GE?

Sure - Roger Moore in DAD (except for the torture scene).
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

That would make sense seeing as how this is a Bond board. I'm really not hitting on all 8 cylinders today am I? Maybe it's a good thing I'm on here instead of getting work done?

And thank you for the warm welcome.
  • beretta25beretta25 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    I'll just say that, as of my yearly physical, I'm a touch over 6' and 168 lbs, with the most classically handsome face you'll ever see...
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I'm 188+cm tall (6'2'') and about 87 kg (192 lbs)

I think Bond should ideally be about my size. Partly because all Bonds until Craig were, so it's tradition. But mostly because there are quite a lot of good Bond girl candidates who simply can't be cast next to Craig due to his height or lack of it.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:

I think Bond should ideally be about my size. Partly because all Bonds until Craig were, so it's tradition. But mostly because there are quite a lot of good Bond girl candidates who simply can't be cast next to Craig due to his height or lack of it.

It didn't stop Alan Ladd or Tom Cruise...Craig is of average height...and well above average talent -{
    YNWA 97
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    It didn't stop Alan Ladd or Tom Cruise...Craig is of average height...and well above average talent -{
    Spider-Man is 5' 10". B-)
    'Nuff said.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Where as Batman I's six foot and could kick Spiderman's arse. :)) :p
    Where as Batman I's six foot and could kick Spiderman's arse. :)) :p
    Wrong on two counts-
    Batman, like Craig, is 5'10" (That would be Keaton, the one true cinematic Batman).
    Batman could 'defeat' the webspinner by certain means, but a classic arse kicking would be pretty much impossible.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Yes!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    In the novels Bond is six feet. In the fifties, six feet was like 6'1" or 2" is today.
    I'm intrigued by TP specifically saying "Batman I"- can you explain?
    It's this damn predictive text crap, I have to keep going back and respelling words
    all the time, I keep getting Bind for Bond, and if I miss the space bar Who knows what
    Letter my Big manly finger will strike.
    Although my original comment still stands Batman would kick spidermans ass. :D
    my original comment still stands Batman would kick spidermans ass. :D
    No, it falls, like the house of cards concept it is. In a hurricane. With no webbing to hold it together.
    Spidey can lift & throw a car. Batman can only blow one up. :v
    :)) In my house No one beats the Bat ( except for what George Clooney did to him :# )
    But Batman would have thought things through before fighting Spidey and prepared for all eventualities.
    Barbel wrote:
    But Batman would have thought things through before fighting Spidey and prepared for all eventualities.
    Of course, but that not 'kicking his arse'! :))
    Sorry predictive text problem again. I meant to say Licking. :)
    :))
    :o 8-)
    Sorry Chrisisall. As Hugo Drax might have put it.
    " Not being british, I sometimes find your humor
    rather difficult to follow " :))
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Yes!

No, it didn't stop them. But there is no tradition for Ethan Hunt or Shane being tall. Still, the MI franchise seems to cast co-stars partly with an eye on height. I'm not saying Craig as Bond doesn't work, it's just that it works IN SPITE OF his height.
    I sorry guys but when did Five foot ten inches become short ?
    I'm six foot ( 6" 4, In heels and a Bouffant hair style ) :D
    It became short compared to the other Bonds and compared to some very good potential Bond girls such as Lily Cole (5' 10.5''), Tricia Helfer (same height) and Alyssa Sutherland (5' 10 3/4'')

With the other Bonds you could cast any actress who had the looks, with Craig you can cast any actress who has the looks and is short enough.
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    Basically more Craig bashing 8-).
    His films have made billions, so apart from a handful of " fans ? " it's
    NOT a problem.
    What makes you think this is my first time?