Will you watch other Craig movies before Skyfall? (Bond 23)

Comments

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Well, here he says QoS was cobbled together:

Craig's Mea Culpa

Interestingly, says if he messes up they can fire him...

So Jag and Superdaddy, why don't you play Tea Party Republican hi-jinks and spend the next shoot distracting him - then you'll have your new Bond! :D
    Pretty confident they wont need our help NP.
    Paiging Mr Cavill, paiging Mr Cavill.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I must admitt I find it funny to Read Craig saying.
    How great it is to have such a great script for Bond 23, Said the same for QOS. :p
    It's great to have a fantastic director like Mendes, He said the same for Forster. :p
    and now he's using CR as the bench mark, Not QOS, which he seems to have forgotten about. :))
    But at the time said would be better than CR. :D

I think we might see alot of the old formula returning in Bond 23 :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Well hindsight is 20/20 vision.... and the run up to QoS he/they are hardly going to say... "well actually, I'm a bit worried about the script....you know, it doesn't look good, far too many plot holes for people to follow" are they? :p (Although some of us followed it just fine... :)) )

Admitting you got it wrong.... that takes guts IMO. NOT that I think they did.... like I said, I really enjoyed the movie, but for some, it wasn't up to scratch.

It seems they can't win.... :#
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:
    Well hindsight is 20/20 vision.... and the run up to QoS he/they are hardly going to say... "well actually, I'm a bit worried about the script....you know, it doesn't look good, far too many plot holes for people to follow" are they? :p (Although some of us followed it just fine... :)) )

Admitting you got it wrong.... that takes guts IMO. NOT that I think they did.... like I said, I really enjoyed the movie, but for some, it wasn't up to scratch.

Followed it fine, understood it fine I just thought it was a complete sack of crap.
    Saw it at the cinama,watched it on dvd numerous times same as CR and have really tried to like them and see whats so great about the pouting sourpuss but sorry I can't.
    Do not really care for Dalton much and his Miami vice ripoff butimo they are masterpieces compared to Dans two outings.
    superdaddy wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Followed it fine, understood it fine I just thought it was a complete sack of crap.
    Saw it at the cinama,watched it on dvd numerous times same as CR and have really tried to like them and see whats so great about the pouting sourpuss but sorry I can't.
    Do not really care for Dalton much and his Miami vice ripoff butimo they are masterpieces compared to Dans two outings.

Well, only 1 more Bond to go (maybe 2....) and then you can enjoy.... :007)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    And untill then you enjoy them my dear.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,309MI6 Agent
    Thing is, you'd think it wouldn't be that hard to cobble QoS together and make it better, it's not like oh damn, writers strike, what now? Like they can't get a plumber in... Most of us could have sorted it out.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    Here we go again.......CR sucks, QOS sucks, DC sucks..........to each his own. But must we disect every quote and comment he makes? He's an actor for crying out loud, they all say the same nonsence about every movie they are about to make. Right now DC is a happy guy.....just married a beautiful woman, he's in demand for big films, has some clout to go off and do smaller more arty projects and while he's not what I would consider a megastar who's name above the titles can carry a film, he's much more widely known now and has some star power and the general public seem to really like him as Bond. My guess is, unless Bond 23 is a dud (defined as no better or worse than QOS) people will be excited for a new Bond film and it will do very, very well. After all these super hero films that Hollywood keeps grinding out, a good Bond film could provide a refreshing change.
    Ah!, a Good Bond film, Now that would be Nice. :v :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    Oh yeah, saw "Cowboys and Aliens" the other day. Thought it was pretty decent summer escapist fun. I actually thought it worked better as a straight western than a sci fi film. DC's fight scenes were very well done. Nice to see him in action scenes without all the jump cuts and shaky camera stuff. Harrison Ford was very good as the grizzled Colonel also.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,686Chief of Staff
    superdaddy wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Don't worry superdaddy, I'm sure they'll put some pretty boy in a 'by-the-numbers' film for you in the next 5 years....then lots of people can complain that nothing changes and that the producers didn't try anything different and that Bond is getting 'old hat'... 8-) It's been said before, but they can't win !!

I've been happy enough with all the actors whom have played Bond so far...even the films that aren't high on my 'favourite list' have good parts to them and are enjoyable enough....
    YNWA 97
    FRWL and GF are not the same,same as TSWLM and FYEO are not so hardley paint by numbers.
    As to pretty boys Cavill is very handsome but also a good actor the same as Clive Standon and Max Brown any of thes I would not mind taking over the role.
    Iam lucky or unlucky that I have been around since the first film came out in 1962[ Iwas 8] and as each time a new actor took over the role I can remember all the fuss of he is not as good as SC have I known such dislike [although not the man personnely, well atleast on my part] as there is for Craig. Also while Iam on my mini rant how come it seems fine by some members to rubbish RM and PB but as soon as anything bad is said about Golom sorry Craig its burn the unbeliever at the stake.
    I'm already in talks, As I'm one of the foremost "Pretty Boys" in the world,( one of the reasons I've never put a photo of myself up,is I can't take all the sexy emails, and begging letters from Females all desperat to get close to me :# , It's my Gift and my Curse! ). Luckily doing it by the numbers is also how I paint so I'm "Practically perfect" for it. So your in for a treat Sir Miles. :))
    You can't say anything derogatory about Craig, Supperdaddy.( You Naught Boy). Even when the man himself agrees with you by saying "QOS was Cobbled Together" :)) To some he is the One true God of Bond, No non-belivers can be alowed to blaspheme :D against Him.
    Brosan was a false God, sent only to pave the way for the great One. :))
    Moore was the Anti-Bond many still fear him. :))
    The true Believers are Lucky, they are Happy to watch a Cobbled together after thought of a movie, as IT is after all more of the great mans work.
    While the foolish Bond fan harks back to spending a evening of entertainment, with the worlds greatest action hero. :007)
    Here endith the lesson. :))
    I have to be off as I've a wedding at Two and an Exorcism at Nine. :v
    When they burn me,for kindlin do you think Goloms minions could use CR and QOS dvds and maybe Bond 23s script.
    The sacrifices I do for mankind.
    You can't say anything derogatory about Craig, Supperdaddy.( You Naught Boy). Even when the man himself agrees with you by saying "QOS was Cobbled Together" :)) To some he is the One true God of Bond, No non-belivers can be alowed to blaspheme :D against Him.

Correct :))
    Brosan was a false God, sent only to pave the way for the great One. :))
    Moore was the Anti-Bond many still fear him. :))

The true Believers are Lucky, they are Happy to watch a Cobbled together after thought of a movie, as IT is after all more of the great mans work.

See, it's so much easier when you just agree with the Prophesy that DC is a God, and all that he does is Brilliant. ;)
    I knew you would convert to the blond side eventually :v ;) :))
    superdaddy wrote:
    Also while Iam on my mini rant how come it seems fine by some members to rubbish RM and PB but as soon as anything bad is said about Golom sorry Craig its burn the unbeliever at the stake.

Oh, don't get me wrong.... I loved Roger - he was my first Bond - and I fell head over heels for him in TSWLM

And I loved the first half of DAD - even if I find PB a bit too sickly sweet for me.... and for some he is the Pinnacle of Bond - and I can't rubbish that either.

However, I do feel Craig is more MY Bond, then the others before him.

We all rubbish the actors we don't like.... and there was such a backlash from when Craig was cast, that I defend him whenever I can. :x

I am nothing but my name: Alexandra - the defender of men.... :D -{
    :)) Funny Lady, Lexi :v But I'm still on "The Dark Side " :))
    I also think for some of us It's a lot of Fun to say something a little, Tiny bit derogatory about the "Blonde One" then sit back and read all the posts coming to his defence, rather like teasing a Junk-yard Dog with a stick, from behind a fence. :))
    I also think for some of us It's a lot of Fun to say something a little, Tiny bit derogatory about the "Blonde One" then sit back and read all the posts coming to his defence, rather like teasing a Junk-yard Dog with a stick, from behind a fence. :))
    Tiny bit,oh I see your talking about Our Lords stature TP, damm you to hell sinner.
    :)) your Stirring again , I posted this for You Before Supperdaddy, but in case you missed it, Here's an alternative ending to CR, which I think you'll like, Warning it's a little gory, but fun :))
    http://youtu.be/QrQ6XBHhC34

It even ties in with the whole anti-Bond thing. :D
    Loved it.
    By the way TP do you have the reciepe for ham broth.
    Silly me I thought Smurphs 3d was the title of Bond23 starring DC.
    superdaddy wrote:
    FRWL and GF are not the same,same as TSWLM and FYEO are not so hardley paint by numbers.

But most people know that Bond films tend to follow a certain pattern, with odd exceptions... 8-)
    superdaddy wrote:
    As to pretty boys Cavill is very handsome but also a good actor the same as Clive Standon and Max Brown any of thes I would not mind taking over the role.
    Iam lucky or unlucky that I have been around since the first film came out in 1962[ Iwas 8] and as each time a new actor took over the role I can remember all the fuss of he is not as good as SC have I known such dislike [although not the man personnely, well atleast on my part] as there is for Craig.

Haven't seen enough of Cavill's acting and I wouldn't know the last two if I tripped over them...so I can't comment on them.

I've seen them all in the theatre since Roger took over...and with the exception of DAD, I've always left happy...
    superdaddy wrote:
    Also while Iam on my mini rant how come it seems fine by some members to rubbish RM and PB but as soon as anything bad is said about Golom sorry Craig its burn the unbeliever at the stake.

That is a load of bollox that is trotted out by people whom have no idea what to say....if you still think it's true then I would ask you to point me to these posts....

And it's the manner in which you/others rubbish Craig....you seem to think it's okay to personally insult him as you can hide behind your computer screen....I have yet to see this level of childish behaviour aimed at either RM or PB....and I'd defend them too if anyone did...

You don't like Craig...fine, no problem from me....but don't use personal insults towards him, thats very cowardly...however, I do like Craig in his role as Bond and I would hope you could accept that as a mature adult -{
    YNWA 97
    Well, here he says QoS was cobbled together:

Craig's Mea Culpa

Interestingly, says if he messes up they can fire him...

So Jag and Superdaddy, why don't you play Tea Party Republican hi-jinks and spend the next shoot distracting him - then you'll have your new Bond! :D

Thanks for the link, Nap...first time I've read anything from Craig about QoS...I think some would agree that the script needed a 'final polish'...and some would agree the script needed to be shredded ! :))
    YNWA 97
    Luckily doing it by the numbers is also how I paint so I'm "Practically perfect" for it. So your in for a treat Sir Miles. :))

Excellent ! I just hope you are a bit more free-flowing in the love scenes :))
    YNWA 97

Wuf !
    YNWA 97

'Junk Yard Dog' ???

You were calling me a Lady in the last post.... change of mind to something else now have we ;) :)) (and there I was thinking we were getting on so well.... :D )

Be careful, my bite is WAY worse than my bark.... :))
    I have to admitt,Lexi. Only after I'd posted did I think It probably wasn't the Best choice of words ;%
    But in my Defence I am a Bloke, so sensitivity isn't my greatest gift, That would be my Incredible Good looks, Body of a greek God and My Modesty :D