Will you watch other Craig movies before Skyfall? (Bond 23)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    and it's not like a Bio to exagarate a bit on a fact or two. :v
    the debate I think is just a bit of friendly Leg Pulling.
    Which incidentally is a technique Craig might employ, to gain that all inportant extra Inch or so. :D

" whats the difference in an inch or so, It s the difference between Ohhhh and AHHHHH " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • DC FanDC Fan Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    My first and last post, I will and have watched other DC films, the man has worked hard for his success, to me Bond is just a small part and not the sum of his extensive resume be it TV, stage and film.

I think if you look at DC’s history with the media, there is no love lost especially after being crucified by said media and fandom in 2005/06. He hasn’t engaged in the charm offensive of kowtowing, apologising, justifying, pleasing and appeasing his detractors for accepting the role of Bond so his success is anathema to them.

There are many articles/interviews and first hand reports from people who know, have worked and met him that attest to him being one of the nicest people, in and outside of the industry. What works against him sometimes is his refusal to divulge anything about his private life,blanking the paparazzi and his lack of preening to order.

To some he doesn’t play ball as we’d like, and if this makes him a one dimensional foul mouthed, miserable git then carte blanche in column inches to him I think is a small price to pay if he is able to have some control in maintaining privacy for himself, family and friends. He doesn’t seem too impressed by sicophants and faux friendships, so for those willing to buy into whatever negativity they can find to bolsters their excuse to malign him, like in 2005 he seems to be taking it all in his stride, his detractors aren’t going to warm to or like him anyway.

There is generally more than one facet to a person, how we choose to view them depends and how open or closed minded we are. Just a sample of what’s out there:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4227418155099171116
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfCR8iBIi4Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHQZUb8Bem8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBW-FKQnIsE
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2006/dec/31/features.awardsandprizes
    http://imageshack.us/f/221/ukesquire20114vaj.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/f/714/ukesquire20115.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/f/823/ukesquire20116.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/ukesquire20117.jpg/

TP Perhaps you should consider that some of us have jumped to Daniel’s defence because folk generally don’t like it when someone gets picked on or are ridiculed especially when the butt of the joke isn’t around to defend themselves and the undertones of mickey taking are sometimes not particularly nice, friendly or funny.
    edited August 2011
    I'm surprised, My little leg pulling Is really going to Hurt Daniel Craig ( The muti-millionare Actor :D ). and there are Many on here who come to his defence, Regularly. With very good Comebacks and Jokes. :)) A bit of friendly Banter, Some poke fun at Sir Roger or Brosnan. I like yourself DON'T Know Daniel Craig only his Media Persona, My joking is mainly to stir a responce from his Many fans here.
    Instead of just Posting Once, stay and Discuss. Your arguments I'm sure will be as Good and as valid as everyother Member here. Rather than Being too serious about the whole debate, I try and take a more lighthearted approach. By all means pull me over the coals on various facts, take the P**s out of my arguments.It's all good debating.
    Believe it or Not I don't really care how Tall He is, or that he's Blonde, But it is fun to Tease some of his Fans :)) as Poor Put upon Lexi knows so well. :p
    Or
    Is it that you only want to hear One side of any argument ?
    AJB007 is one of the few Bond forums IMHO, who allow debate, There are several Other Bond forums where Basicly any Decent from the Eon hymn page and your put off pretty quick.No critisum of DC is allowed. Thankfully ajb007 is a more civilised Place.
    But I'll take on Board your critisim and, If there is anyone who feels offended or slighted by any of my remarks would they please send me a PM ( then no one has to feel embarressed by putting it on the open forum ) Then I'll stop with the Jokes. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I'm a fan of Craig as Bond (can't say I really was awhere of him prior to his getting the role). The folks here who do most of the over the top ripping I believe understand no matter what they say can do no harm to DC (sticks and stones and all that) but I also believe they really don't like Craig as Bond and there's nothing wrong with that. It's important that there are differing views or this site as stated so well by Thunderpussy or it becomes just another silly lovefest. I think what gets some folks backs up is when they disagree with certain person's critisms they are met with even more over the top responses and accused of being apologists, etc. Personally I just believe that is the price you pay for free discource. If what someone is saying is getting under your skin, you can let them know it. One can only imagine what would have been said about the other Bond actors had there been an internet back then.
    Just in case anyone thinks I only post Negative on D Craig, here's what I posted on the "Bonds Physique for 23" Thread at 10:52 over three and a half hours before DC Fan posted his remarks.

"I've often Thought about a good tough Excersise regime, But then I lie down till the moment passes. :))
    Thought Craig's physique in QOS was better than the rather Bloated ( too muscular) form he had in CR, If reports are true that the Bond producers think he's lost too much weight doing C&A, They want him to put a stone back on But looking at the new longer trailer for C&A i think he suits the slimmer look , so would hope he Keeps it."

I think that is fairly complementary, for Me anyway :)

And your right Howardb, the Other Actors where lucky the internet wasn't as big when they where around, I can imagine some of the posts directed at Roger Moore's Films. Bondtoys would of been ME when Dalton was in the chair. :v. And the next poor sap who gets the Job will not be universally loved either. :D
    If you like D Craig NOTHING i can ever say will chang that, If it did I'd be in Politics. :))
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    TP, you don' think DC fan is old Dan himself do you.
    No Supperdaddy, there wasn't enough swearing in the post. :o
    SORRY everyone, SORRY that just came out, Force of habit :v
    I promise it won't happen again. :))
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I love the debate... the teasing (hey it's a form of affection isn't it? ;) ) and other opinions.

It's all done with good faith (well most anyway!!) and it's nice that there are such difference of opinions. I'm not surprised that DC isn't everyone’s cup of tea - he is a departure from the physical description of Bond in the books, however the fact that he is MY perfect ideal... and that I swoon at the very sight of him, well makes my opinion the ONLY one.... and the RIGHT one... there. END OF DEBATE!!

;) :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent

If you like D Craig NOTHING i can ever say will chang that, If it did I'd be in Politics. :))

TP you crack me up...as DC-knockers go you're the best..... Witty, fair, entertaining and of course, only pushing it cos it gets lexi's juices going.... Maybe you could give BT a few tips in that area 8-)

And that quip is worthy of bond.....or Frankie Howard.... Or both :)

-{
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,633Chief of Staff
    ke02eww wrote:

TP you crack me up...as DC-knockers go you're the best..... Witty, fair, entertaining and of course, only pushing it cos it gets lexi's juices going.... Maybe you could give BT a few tips in that area 8-)

And that quip is worthy of bond.....or Frankie Howard.... Or both :)

-{

Maybe, Paul....but Frankie Howard would have no use of Lexi's juices :))
    YNWA 97
    AJB007 is one of the few Bond forums IMHO, who allow debate, There are several Other Bond forums where Basicly any Decent from the Eon hymn page and your put off pretty quick.No critisum of DC is allowed. Thankfully ajb007 is a more civilised Place.

Alas that is correct...I know of several Bond sites that have ushered members to the exit door when they have criticised DC...which is a terrible shame...I have no problem with it...as long as it's done without any malicious intent...we are all adults and we can pull pigtails or tweak nipples of the other :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    .....and we can pull pigtails or tweak nipples of the other :))

Are there any pictures or videos sir M ?
    ke02eww wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I have LOTS of them...but she made me promise not to show them X-( :))
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

I have LOTS of them...but she made me promise not to show them X-( :))

Well I keep pigtails firmly between my legs, lest you get a chance to tug...
    Oh, Sir Miles. ;% I'll keep my nipples primed and ready but you'll have to give me a couple of weeks to grow the Pigtails
    I'll end with "Oh, Missus " :))
  • down2000down2000 Santa Monica, CAPosts: 75MI6 Agent
    Loved Layer Cake
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    I'm trying to get tickets to the Premiere of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and I also will go and see Dreamhouse. The latter film should be interesting to watch and see Mr and Mrs DC together on the silver screen.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I'm trying to get tickets to the Premiere of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and I also will go and see Dreamhouse. The latter film should be interesting to watch and see Mr and Mrs DC together on the silver screen.

I too can't wait for TGWTDT - I think it's going to be a great movie.... as for Dream House - well, it's been delayed release for quite sometime... and although it would be interesting to see how the 2 leading roles are on screen... it was after all where their affair started... I'm not holding much hope that it'll be any good... :#
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
    Will you watch other Craig movies before Bond 23? Or will this ruin your perception/image of him as Bond? :007)
    Do you only see him as Bond when he plays other roles or is it the other way round?
    Feel free to discuss...
    Definitely, I have been waiting for Craig's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for ages! I really like the book and the original Swedish version. Can't wait to see what Craig and David Fincher has to offer. :)

Although it will be hard to shake off Criag's Bond image but I think he is good enough of an actor to convince me otherwise. :P
    Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
  • DanielCraig007DanielCraig007 Posts: 588MI6 Agent
    Will you watch other Craig movies before Bond 23? Or will this ruin your perception/image of him as Bond? :007)
    Do you only see him as Bond when he plays other roles or is it the other way round?
    Feel free to discuss...
    Definitely, I have been waiting for Craig's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for ages! I really like the book and the original Swedish version. Can't wait to see what Craig and David Fincher has to offer. :)

Although it will be hard to shake off Criag's Bond image but I think he is good enough of an actor to convince me otherwise. :P

Im gonna watch "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" this thursday... :)
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Im gonna watch "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" this thursday... :)

The movie is fantastic. Rooney Mara steals it of course. It will be big.

The opening credits are simply astounding and set the tone for the whole movie.

Go see, enjoy!
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    The opening credits reminded me of the ones from TWINE with all the oil....
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Just watched Layer Cake...
  • bacaretbacaret ArizonaPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    the girl with the dragon tatoo is awsome, go see it all you craig haters and then you will see that he is a good all around actor :007)
  • DJ007DJ007 United StatesPosts: 174MI6 Agent
    bacaret wrote:
    the girl with the dragon tatoo is awsome, go see it all you craig haters and then you will see that he is a good all around actor :007)

I just saw it too. It was good.
  • jorgem1jorgem1 Posts: 136MI6 Agent
    I've seen every Bond actor's non-Bond movies.
    jorgem1 wrote:
    I've seen every Bond actor's non-Bond movies.

Great. Can you post a complete list of them here and maybe some reviews?
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    I saw Cowboys & Aliens last year. I think it's a mediocre film, but it's entertaining too.
    I have just seen The Girl With The Dragoon Tatoo (Millennium in Spain) and I think it's a great film and DC is wonderfull like Mikael Blomkvist. I recommend this film everybody.
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    DJ007 wrote:
    bacaret wrote:

I just saw it too. It was good.

Agreed
    I've read some members saying that the titles for Girl with the dragon tattoo where
    very Bond, and I have to agree, they're fantastic, and worth a look.

http://youtu.be/tcp9Ysi75f0