Will you watch other Craig movies before Skyfall? (Bond 23)

Comments

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Firstly Sir Miles I would quite happily insult DC to his face as I do online because it is done firmly tongue in cheek, so if we were best mates in the pub I would still call him Gollum or jugears and he would no doubt call me Ginger or because I am only 5'9 maybe Lofty
    that is my sense of humour but I assure you I can Take it as well as give it.
    Secondly on occasions members have been rude about RM and PB admittedly not as far as sometimes I go[ again it is all done tongue in cheek]. I will when I get the chance troll [so tempted to say somthing about MR Craig but I will refrain] through the archives and find some examples.And thirdley one thing Iam not Sir Miles is cowardley or a coward my service record is testament to that.
    As I have already said it is all said without malice and if you or anyone else take offence at past posts of mine I appologise and also for FUTURE post.
    Take care.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    I must admitt I find it funny to Read Craig saying.
    How great it is to have such a great script for Bond 23, Said the same for QOS. :p
    It's great to have a fantastic director like Mendes, He said the same for Forster. :p
    and now he's using CR as the bench mark, Not QOS, which he seems to have forgotten about. :))
    But at the time said would be better than CR. :D

I think we might see alot of the old formula returning in Bond 23 :)) :)) :))

I think we will see some familiar elements, but doubt a wholesale revision/reversion to a pre CR Bondiverse. Which for me is a good thing as I like the tougher style in the main, and have no hankering for invisible cars, or cheesy one liners. That said I do want our chap to cheer up and take some pleasure amidst the carnage, plus some old school glamour, and some cool stuff.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I don't think anyone liked the Invisible Car, as I have said why not take the white Lotus, same effect you couldn't see it in the snow. :)). Don't like cheesy One liners, But do miss the witty ones. I'd like to see all the regulars back ( although I could live without Q).
    Keep some of the traditional elements, Like a decent Villain with an Interresting Plot.. I loved Dalton as Bond and even Liked LTK, so you'd think Craig would be my kinda Guy, But he just doesn't do it for Me I've never seen him as Bond,Just a guy playing Bond as Jason Bourne.
    Hopefuly In the next outing thay'll be able to blend some of the more traditional elements with their new direction, To keep ME happy as I'm the most Important Person in the whole world, I don't think anyone would agrue with that. :D
    I like the tougher style, or rather less Tounge in cheek style, More in keeping with the Early Movies and Daltons Tenure. and Of course Bondtoys is a Huge Dalton fan as well. :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    8-) you know me so well, TP -{
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,689Chief of Staff
    superdaddy wrote:
    Firstly Sir Miles I would quite happily insult DC to his face as I do online because it is done firmly tongue in cheek, so if we were best mates in the pub I would still call him Gollum or jugears and he would no doubt call me Ginger or because I am only 5'9 maybe Lofty
    that is my sense of humour but I assure you I can Take it as well as give it.
    Secondly on occasions members have been rude about RM and PB admittedly not as far as sometimes I go[ again it is all done tongue in cheek]. I will when I get the chance troll [so tempted to say somthing about MR Craig but I will refrain] through the archives and find some examples.And thirdley one thing Iam not Sir Miles is cowardley or a coward my service record is testament to that.
    As I have already said it is all said without malice and if you or anyone else take offence at past posts of mine I appologise and also for FUTURE post.
    Take care.

Hmmm..it doesn't come across as 'tongue in cheek' at all - maybe you need to throw the odd smilie in now and then... ;)

Why would he call you Lofty ? That doesn't make sense at all ?:) To be called Lofty you would have to be 5'4" or under - THAT'S the gag 8-)

Rude about RM and PB ? Maybe the odd occasion, but nowhere near the savagness that DC has had to endure...and plenty have defended them too...without being called about it either ;)

Troll through the archives - go ahead...I can wait...

The ACTS are cowardly as people hide behind their computers instead of speaking to him face to face - admittedly, no easy task...

I find your TONE offensive and the constant moaning boring...try the Thunderpussy approach.... -{

I've had many a discussion on AJB that sometimes straddles the line of acceptability....but, I'm happy to say, most have been able to accept it as a discussion between adults and realise that, 99% of the time, what is said is not meant to be taken too literaly...or personally... -{
    YNWA 97
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Lexi wrote:
    Be careful, my bite is WAY worse than my bark.... :))

:o
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    I don't think anyone liked the Invisible Car, as I have said why not take the white Lotus, same effect you couldn't see it in the snow. :)).
    :)) :)) That is so funny.... I was just talking about this today.... and I LOVED that car - pure Bond brilliance.... I never got why it got so much flak... yeh, yeh totally unbelievable.... BUT still a great idea.... :D
    Don't like cheesy One liners, But do miss the witty ones. I'd like to see all the regulars back ( although I could live without Q).
    Well I thought CR and QoS had those... witty one liners... but a few more won't hurt... -{

And a few more scenes of Bond seducing/bedding the girl.... can NEVER have enough of those :x
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    I'd always thought for Iceland some fantastic 4X4 off road ("Q" equipped of course), Would of Been a better choice. :))
    Like any good schoolboy, I think the kissing scenes slow the action down. :v Although that depends on your Term of "Action" I suppose :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Lexi wrote:
    .... I was just talking about this today.... and I LOVED that car

8-) chicks and cars - don't go well! :D

I don't think anyone liked the Invisible Car, as I have said why not take the white Lotus, same effect you couldn't see it in the snow. :)). Don't like cheesy One liners, But do miss the witty ones. I'd like to see all the regulars back ( although I could live without Q).
    Keep some of the traditional elements, Like a decent Villain with an Interresting Plot.. I loved Dalton as Bond and even Liked LTK, so you'd think Craig would be my kinda Guy, But he just doesn't do it for Me I've never seen him as Bond,Just a guy playing Bond as Jason Bourne.
    Hopefuly In the next outing thay'll be able to blend some of the more traditional elements with their new direction, To keep ME happy as I'm the most Important Person in the whole world, I don't think anyone would agrue with that. :D
    I like the tougher style, or rather less Tounge in cheek style, More in keeping with the Early Movies and Daltons Tenure. and Of course Bondtoys is a Huge Dalton fan as well. :p

With the exception of DC I think/hope that 23 will hit the Mark. He'll who knows 'short-stop' may even surprise you .
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Some of the 'chicks' I know go VERY well :))
    YNWA 97
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    So superdaddy I take it your not a fan of Craig's Bond, am I fair in assuming this :)) :)) :)) :))
  • GaddGeneGaddGaddGeneGadd Posts: 189MI6 Agent
    After reading this thread I have come up with some concrete truths
    1) Supperdaddy does not think Blondes have more fun
    2) Thunderpussy is one sexy bloke, Blonde or otherwise
    3) Sir Miles is the defender of all things Bond, Blonde or otherwise
    4) Lexi wants to have all kinds of fun with our Blonde bond
    5) And I just discovered DC has Blonde hair, I just thought I needed glasses :)) :D :s B-)
    Bonus wasn't Roger Moore almost a Blonde ?????
    I got a solution, lets just make the next Bond Blofeld bald, then I can be the new Bond :p :p :p
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    I don't think anyone liked the Invisible Car, as I have said why not take the white Lotus, same effect you couldn't see it in the snow. :)).
    :)) :)) That is so funny.... I was just talking about this today.... and I LOVED that car - pure Bond brilliance.... I never got why it got so much flak... yeh, yeh totally unbelievable.... BUT still a great idea.... :D
    Don't like cheesy One liners, But do miss the witty ones. I'd like to see all the regulars back ( although I could live without Q).
    Well I thought CR and QoS had those... witty one liners... but a few more won't hurt... -{

And a few more scenes of Bond seducing/bedding the girl.... can NEVER have enough of those :x

Once again we agree Lexi.....

The invisible car is not unbelievable - the concept is based upon actual military research conducted by the russians and laterly the americans.... Stealth was unbelieveable until 10 urs ago...... Ever heard of Nicholas tesla? :)

And bedding scenes are always desirable in a bond film....as are well delivered witticisms .... Just choose your next one wisely mr bond.... -{

No more foreplay... :v
    After reading this thread I have come up with some concrete truths
    1) Supperdaddy does not think Blondes have more fun
    2) Thunderpussy is one sexy bloke, Blonde or otherwise
    3) Sir Miles is the defender of all things Bond, Blonde or otherwise
    4) Lexi wants to have all kinds of fun with our Blonde bond
    5) And I just discovered DC has Blonde hair, I just thought I needed glasses :)) :D :s B-)
    Bonus wasn't Roger Moore almost a Blonde ?????
    I got a solution, lets just make the next Bond Blofeld bald, then I can be the new Bond :p :p :p

Are you related to bondtoys per chance!?
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Some of the 'chicks' I know go VERY well :))

Yes sir miles , but bond toys is of course right.....

Every chick he's had in his auto has been so shaken by the experience she vowed to never get into one again...

And it's very difficult to drive with them still draped over the bonnet.... :s

I find the back seat is the best compromise.... ;)
    I think you'll find GaddGeneGadd, That Moore was almost Ginger in AVTAK. :))

" You must give me the name of your Oculist" :D

I once had a pair of glasses but they gave me awful mood swings, Later my Optician told me he'd made a mistake instead of Bifocals he'd given me Bipolars :# I'd always thought that was a Polar Bear who swung both ways. ;)

As for a Bald Bond ........................................................................ No Follicle Way ! :))
    ke02eww wrote:

Yes sir miles , but bond toys is of course right.....

I'll get that printed out and framed.

Thanks keeww -{

ke02eww wrote:
    Once again we agree Lexi.....

The invisible car is not unbelievable - the concept is based upon actual military research conducted by the russians and laterly the americans.... Stealth was unbelieveable until 10 urs ago...... Ever heard of Nicholas tesla? :)

I know, that that's the "official"line of defense.

However in my opinion, the usage of this kind of tech in DAD has one major flaw: It can't be well executed on the big screen.

May this kind of invisible paint work on a distance of 1 mile or 500 meters, if you come close, you realize, that it's still a car/truck/tank in camouflage.

This kind of thing is not perfect upon close view that that's the reason, why the scenes don't work in the movie.
    The poor cgi work in the remaining scenes did not help as well ;%

superdaddy wrote:
    Hang on a min did he not say prior to the start of filming QOS exactly the same and and because CR was so great[was it] they had to raise the bar for the next one[qos] ie great script great to have Marc on board because he understands Bond blah blah and now oh it was cobbled together because of the writers strike.
    Always someone elses fault hey Dan, such a charmer.

I think his comments made prior to QOS were quite early in the process, and besides what do we expect any actor to say ? They can hardly open with ' phew this looks like a stinker'
    I am not a fully paid up member of the DC can walk on water contingent, but do find his comments surprisingly candid. They may even dampen some of the 'QOS was a master piece nonsense if even their beloved Daniel can see it was flawed.
    But, a lot of Actors hedge their Bets, by saying nothing specific which can come back to bite them on the A** later. Or make them look very foolish :v. Kind of " The little boy who cried wolf" or "The not as tall as the other Bond actors who Cries Masterpiece at every opportunity, Only to be proved wrong as Script and editing Changes take place" :))
    ke02eww wrote:
    And bedding scenes are always desirable in a bond film....

Bedding scenes ?? Bond wandering around Harrods choosing which duvet cover to buy :)) {:)
    YNWA 97
    They'd be the ones with Cowboys and Aliens printed on them. :))
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Only caus you've never driven with me..... :)) :v
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,309MI6 Agent
    ...she says. :D

386394635v9_480x480_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

you been spying on my again Nap... :)) -{

Nap in da house :p

Well the collar and cuffs might not, but the belt and wrist band match 8-)
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ke02eww wrote:
    And bedding scenes are always desirable in a bond film....

Bedding scenes ?? Bond wandering around Harrods choosing which duvet cover to buy :)) {:)

The proverbial pillow blow sir miles ...
    Lexi wrote:

you been spying on my again Nap... :)) -{

Lexi, I like ........ ;%

this dress........... ;%

ke02eww wrote:

Nap in da house :p

Well the collar and cuffs might not, but the belt and wrist band match 8-)

You seem awfully certain about the mis-matching collars and cuffs, ke02eww....? Insider info ? :v
    YNWA 97